Self Destruction

You're The Only One I Have
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal POV

Right after we got home yesterday through bus, I walked straight to my room. I know Jessica might have been confused at my sudden strange action because she had knocked on my door multiple times. Dinner time, after that and before she even sleep. And being dumb as I was, I wasn't able to pull out words from my mouth to explain to her that I was okay and I just needed time to be alone.

The entire time after my realization what my feelings towards Jessica could be, my heart wasn't at ease. It kept pounding so hard from my chest. The thought of it made me almost go crazy! I wasn't sure whether to be happy or scared towards it to be honest. I have found love in the most damaging situation if my realization were true. I was starting to think what love really meant and how it really felt. I'm not even certain if it's really love I feel because I haven't been in any contact with it. And that's when I remembered Victoria. I've dialed her number immediately that night and probably she can tell me what is really happening to me. Of course, she doesn't need to know to whom I feel this way. No matter how much I trust Victoria, I'm not sure if she'll be happy to find out about it. 

Right now, I'm waiting for her in a cafe. Our conversation last night was short, just me telling her I want her for a talk today. At first, she was quite surprised at my invitation on a Saturday. She and my other friends were used to the thought that I'm not available during weekends because of the massive declination they received from me. I was too busy spending time with my sister all those moments, that was the main reason. A reason for them to start throwing me questions about being overly attached with my sister too. Come to think about it, I have no life beyond being with my sister. No wonder.

While I was waiting for Victoria to arrive, I found myself worried about Jessica. I went outside of the house without even leaving a notice for her to read. She would probably freak out the moment she wakes up and found my phone left behind as well. Damn, I'm such an idiot for not bringing my phone with me. More like I was too preoccupied on how to tell Victoria everything I feel, without her noticing whom I referring with. 

"Hey Krystal!" I heard someone familiar call my name and it was Victoria. I was too busy with thinking that I didn't even saw her approaching!

"H-hi! Vic-unnie! I'm sorry I didn't saw you coming" I bowed apologetically and she pats my head before she sat down on the seat in front of me. 

"Now I'm even more worried! You calling me last night for a Saturday-talk was too unreal, and now you're being proper with me. What's with you? Are you alright kid?" She stated almost teasing. And so I cleaned my throat and ignored her criticisms. 

"Shut up! I just have a few things to ask to you." I then looked at her eye-to-eye in a very serious manner. "I wish you wouldn't laugh at me though" I added, waiting for her reaction. I'm praying to all the gods that she won't burst out laughing at my strange self. 

"Do I look like someone who will laugh when you're this serious? Come on, what's the matter Krystal?" 

I felt relieved at her reply. As expected from her, I truly am blessed having an unnie within my circle of friends. I think she's reliable when it comes to the matters of the heart. Unlike Amber and the rest, they would probably mock at me first before getting all serious. Thinking about it makes me cringe. 

"Well, why don't we get something to order first?" I offered. I was a bit nervous to be honest and I think Victoria got me well. She smiled and agreed with me.

After our orders were delivered, my hands became sweaty as well. Here comes the real point for this talk. Anxiety is overtaking me.

"So, do we need to finish these foods we ordered before we talk about your main purpose too?" Victoria startled me out of nowhere. I'm quite sure that she's trying to be patient with me and moderate with me. I would like to elongate this madness but my heart is starting to get weak. I need to know what my feelings are now before I end up losing my sanity.

"Vic unnie. I-uuhh.." I was lost for words and it's starting to frustrate me. I hate this side of me that my self esteem is vanishing as time ticks by this moment.

"Go on. Take your time. I'll be waiting." She said in an assuring tone. I quite felt relieved and found courage slowly.

"I-I think I like someone." I checked Vic's reaction first and it seemed like she wasn't astounded by my confession so I resumed. "But I'm not sure if it's for real" I too was unsure with my revelation, I just wish she got what I really meant.

"Like as in admiration or like as in love?" She responded in a question.

"That's the point. I'm not sure what I feel about that person. Was it just infatuation, admiration or was it love. That's the main problem!"

"I'm not certain with what you really feel Krystal. It's only you who can tell everything." She said and I was disappointed with her. I was asking her things to enlighten me with exact answers but it seemed like we're coming down to a conclusion that I should be the one to figure it out myself.

"Have I just wasted my time with you? I told you, I don't know how I feel. I can't label it. I'm not certain what it's called." I said almost at the top of my lungs. My head is spinning because I'm not getting the info from her.

Then she smiled at me which made me confused. "Can you describe to me what you experience when you're with this person?"

Even before she finished her question, I found myself blushing just by reminiscing. I then recall everything and told her what she wanted to know.

"M-my heartbeat races when I'm with this person. I found myself hard to breathe whene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter