Set Free

You're The Only One I Have
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

This entire time, I was keeping a distance and setting my own line when it comes to my actions towards Jessica. To be honest, I cannot fully execute my plan in avoiding her due to our drastic past. I don't want to hurt her or making her feel unwanted as my sister ever again. So I act normally when we see each other inside the house. Luckily, I have school on weekdays and kept making my weekends spent with my friends as well. It's a change to my usual get-up with Jessica during weekends before, but I explained well to her and make use of my projects as my excuse. She didn't seem to get bothered with it to which I'm happy about.

But of course whenever Jessica's baby-side was unleashed, initiated skinship from her was inevitable. It's trully suffocating fighting the urge to return the gesture. I sometimes slipped out the 'I love you too' though! I can't help myself. From time-to-time too, my hands got some mind of their own holding Jessica's hand, waist, hair and shoulders. And when I managed to track down my hands, I'm too late to retract them back to myself. I'm so used to the fact that I'm doing each to her before I even fully realize my feelings, so it had been really difficult now. 

Refusing her kisses were the death of me though. I shamefully admit that sometimes, I allow her to plant kisses on my cheeks. It's as if I'm rewarding myself from doing a good job declining without hurting her. I know it's stupid of me to use that as a reward, because her kisses always draw me back to her. And so every hardships I've gone through ended up pointless. I'm trully hopeless. As for kisses on the lips, of course... I... I regretfully declined. I feel like crying, I want her lips so bad. 

This whole while, I'm aware that I was only fooling myself.

"Soojung!! There's a good movie coming out this weekend! Can we go? Please.. please??" Jessica throwed me her irresistible aegyo and I only look at her with poker face. But inside, I'm melting...dying to be precise.

"Uhm...well... you know I can't go unni--" I stopped my sentence as an idea came to me. 

"It's been a while since we spent time together during weekends. Can't I have one of the two for this week?" She pouted and I swear I could feel my face burning so I turned away for a second. 

"Fine, but only if.." I said shyly still not looking at her.

"Only if???" 

"Is it okay if I call you just... Jessica?" I blurted out wanting to punch my own face for being so pathetic. I'm blinding myself that if I didn't use title unnie to call her, I might forget and I might have the chance to love her passed that. I can't believe I just throw myself at her mercy like this. I'm such a fool for falling in love with her and call her in a first name basis. There's no way she would--

"Okay. That's what you've been calling me from before we got reconciled anyway." She sounded so gloomy that it ached my heart in an instance. 

"Stop thinking this is connected with us fighting from the past. It's just that I wanted to call you in a first name basis.. Because it felt like I'm much closer to you that way." This statement and basically this silence that once again serenaded us will forever haunt me down. It's a full pack humiliation over my being. I can't believe I'm a fool for Jessica. 

"Aw.. You're being too sweet at times Soojung. You know that?!" She giggled and pinched both of my cheeks with her hands. I stare at her with straight face struggling to do not pounce on her... oh I can't believe I used that word.. Omygod Krystal you ert.

The pain from her action to my cheeks became sensible and made me squeal out of her hold. But then she pull me back and kissed my burning cheeks right away. I was lost for a second and I thought I'll be having a heart attack. I'm incapable of reading her actions like this which made it hard for me to block her sweet advances. 

"Jessica!!!" I scolded her with my made up annoyed face as I pushed her away from my face. 

"I'd probably get used to it." She smiled at me giving me more butterflies in my stomach. 

"Used to what?"

"You calling me by my first name, knowing it's out of love and not hate you feel for me now." She giggled like a schoolgirl and I can't believe I actually did call her name without me noticing. 

Another shade of red yet again added to my face. Is there no end to this?

"So since you have started calling me by my name, then that means we're on the go for Saturday? Movie date?!" She giggled cutely like a child who's been looking forward for her new toy. I can't help but chuckle.

"Fine, Jess!" I smiled to myself calling her name. It felt like we aren't connected by blood for some reason, it makes my heart more excited. But I know I shouldn't feel this way. And it's as if Jessica managed to catch my emotions from happy to gloomy, she asked. 

"Is there something that matter? Are you bipolar or something?" 

I was taken aback for a moment before exploding in a laughing fit. "Jessi, what have you been thinking?!" 

"Why are you laughing? I feel like you're really mentally illed. Yah! Jung Soojung, you're supposed to get angry when someone called you that. Jeez, now I'm more worried about you!" 

"Stop it! I'm not bipolar okay? I'm just thinking different things at a time. So I'm getting moody from these days." 

"And could you possibly share to me your worries?" She asked pouting and I suddenly can't decide whether to tell or not. I study her eyes for a moment and turn away immediately. Maybe, just maybe she could help me out. If I tell her my worries, her big sister role could kick in and give me an even lighter advices to my burdens. Of course I couldn't tell my exact problems, she'll freak out. 

"Jess, I.. I have a friend..." I started, my breath caught up in my throat making me hard to talk. I sounded senseless but I can see that she's patiently waiting. She shifted her po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter