Rivalry

You're The Only One I Have
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PRESENT TIME
 
Krystal POV
 
I wasn't aware that I have been sleeping until I felt my sister stirred from the other side of the bed. Panic fully woken up my consciousness as I remembered she was having a high fever. I carefully touched her forehead in order to check whether the fever has gone down, and fortunately it does. I sighed in relief and took the glass of water on the nightstand and hand it over to my sister. Mom and dad always told us that water helps us to recover fast.
 
I shake my sister's body gently in order to wake her up, but then I smiled at the realization that my action wasn't enough to wake her from deep slumber. It wasn't actually long for me to discover how much of a heavy sleeper she was all this while that we've been together. So I managed to have several techniques to wake her up, and this never failed to give me victory. I slowly approached her exposed ear and gently spoke words to wake her up. This has been my favorite techniques since I find it very enjoyable to feel her skin upon my lips.
 
"Unnie, wake up! You need to drink some water to feel much better" I said more than a whisper.
 
I watched her peaceful sleeping face frown a little and raised her hand protecting her disturbed ear. Still sleeping. I chuckled at the scene because it never failed to fascinate me all this while. So I tried yet again.
 
"Unnie doesn't want her little sister wait, does she? Or you want me to do more than this?" I smiled knowing that kissing her nonstop would be the last resort. So I planted kisses on her cheeks. I tried to make it gentler than my previous attempts because I still am considering that she still have a fever, and I don't want her to get emotional and hurt.
 
That smile that I've been adoring all this time finally went visible to her features. And despite being sick she still have the same smile that I've been so fond of.
 
"Soojung, move back or else you'll get sick too!" She pushed me and my best actress self budge in, so I acted like there was reall an actual pressure from her action. Have I told you, Jessica is so timid and gentle. It felt like she's a real princess from her previous life, because she had never done a house chores perfectly before too.
 
She looked so powerless when there's an activity involved. Even a push and pull activity weren't successful either. I always wonder how she ended up being a waitress from a restaurant before. I wonder how many utensils she had broke.
 
"Why are you laughing?" She added and it hit me that I've actually been giggling like crazy just by thinking about her fail characteristic.
 
"Uhm.. it's nothing. Here, drink some water." I helped her to sit with her back on the headboard and let her drink the glass of water. She did not ask anymore but her suspicious look at me didn't end there. And I find it really cute how I can tell her emotion just by looking at her face. It's like magic.
 
"You know Soojung, you've been acting really weird lately."
 
I raised an eyebrow at her statement. Have I been really acting that way?
 
"Really? I'm not aware." I state as a matter-of-fact.
 
"You. You should be more open to me. If you have something that's bothering you, you can tell me anything"
 
I don't know what to answer because I'm not really sure if there really is bothering me except maybe that issue I talked about with Vic-unnie.
 
"You're not keeping anything from me are you?" She asked with a worried tone in her voice. I automatically felt guilty even if I didn't do anything wrong. I just don't want to worry her or make her sad.
 
"I'm not keeping anything. I promise. I'm not even aware that I'm doing something really weird either. Can you pin point those things so I could understand?" I asked a favor instead.
 
"hmmm.. you're 20 years old now, and a college student too." She started and I'm not sure where this is going. She handed me back the now empty glass and I put it back in place at the nightstand.
 
"And what does that have to do with what we're talking about now?"
 
"You really don't have anything to share with me?" Another question that made me puzzled.
 
"Unnie, I really don't get it. You can go straight to the point you know, so I can have a grasp with what you're really trying to say."
 
She sighed deeply and turned her face with disappointment. "Nothing, I guess." She said and set herself back in laying on the bed.
 
"Ya! Unnie, what is wrong with you?!" I blurted out of rage because I don't really get what's on her mind now.
 
"I said nothing, so go back to your room now and take some rest. I can handle myself now." She turned her back on me and I can't help but feel more mad than ever before. I'm so confused and Jessica is one of those people whom I feel like I didn't know at times like this. I know I shouldn't be saying this because of my same gender as her, but Jessica is the real definition of a woman. She's so hard to get, always so moody, way too emotional at times and just simply a woman. Gosh. I don't want to define myself like that.
 
I don't want to end this conversation just like that despite getting annoyed. I don't want to see her like that sad and disappointed at something I really have no idea. So a cruel idea came onto me. I tickled her from her position and that made her blurt out laughing. "You better tell me what's on your mind now or I won't stop." I declared war.
 
"Ahh! Stop stop!! Okay!!!" She squealed and there's actual tears at the edge of her eyes from laughing. I know she hated being tickled the most because she's so sensitive.
 
"So what is it then?" I stopped for a while but gestures that I will resume my activity if she doesn't speak up right away.
 
"Stop it! Can't you see I'm sick? What if I got drained and my fever went high again?"
 
"You sure mastered dodging the real topic, unnie! Well done." I said sarcastically earning a make face from her.
 
"Well, it's just that... you know.. you're beautiful and I think every good traits of our family were handed down on you." She started and I felt embarrassed at her confession. But I am Krystal so...
 
"I know, you just discovered that now?" I shamelessly replied and she laughed.
 
"No. I knew that since you were born. And you growing up proved me right." She said confidently and I can't stop my face from blushing. How can she be this open to bring up such an embarrassing topic?!
 
"And what does it have to do anything again with what we're talking about?"
 
"I wanted to know if there's someone out there trying to win your heart?" She asked in a serious tone. Her big sister role yet again became visible. But I might say, I was shocked at this question. I mean I've been talking about Vic-unnie a while ago about these people

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter