Episode 9

We Got Married (Jimin & Hayoung)

IT was the last day of 2014 and Jimin had the free time to use in searching for his wife in the internet before leaving for the new year special concert. Just like what he had told his brothers before, he is actually searching for her during his solo time at their dorm.

He scrolled through the search results after typing the characters "오하영" and smiled when he saw the videos and photos uploaded by the fans. There were pictures of him with her taken from their previous WGM shows as screencaps and some more things like fan arts and UCCs. He didn't expect people to support them this much.

Of course there were articles containing Hayoung being paired with other idols too, and he just couldn't help the frown on his face. The more he sees of it as he scrolls, the more he feels agitated of it.

 

Jimin: I'm not sure of what to feel. I know that there are fans who would like her to be with this person or me with this person, we're both celebrities and I understand that--it's just that, I am jealous. I think this is what 'jealous' feels like.

The young husband looked down on the floor after saying those things, blinking a few times before sighing deeply.

 

"Ahh, she's so beautiful." He commented with a click of a tongue when he saw a picture of Hayoung posing for a high end magazine. She was wearing these dresses that according to him, makes her more attractive than ever.

The smile won't leave his face as he kept seeing his wife's beautiful face with different looks depending on the concept she's doing. Once she was cute and then she was y, and even with both, Jimin knew that Hayoung woud look beautiful with whatever she wears.

"I'm such a lucky man." He told himself even more, smiling like an idiot in front of his tablet screen. 

After a while, Taehyung and J-Hope stepped inside the small living room from their bed room and joined along with Jimin as he discovers the other sides of his lovely wife. They also saw some videos of Apink performing their new song LUV and taking over the number one places for a few consecutive weeks. 

"Ahh! I remember this stage, I saw her when this happened." Jimin exclaimed to his brother as if they were asking even if they weren't. Hence, they still listened to his appeal.

 

Jimin: I am so so so proud of my wife. I mean, being number one in those music channels is already a struggle because there are a lot of artists who fight for it, and then they were there, Hayoungie with the sisters-in-law performing an encore for number one. 

 

They finished watching almost every available videos of Apink online and was satisfied with what they had seen. Suddenly, Jimin felt like boasting from what his brothers had witnessed about their sister-in-law. 

"What do you think?" Jimin asked them with full of confidence. The other two just silently nodded their heads that appeared to be a positive feedback to their wedded brother. "Ahh, how I wish she has more parts." He whined even and made the other two snort. 

"You should ask sister-in-law's company for that." Hoseok sensefully suggested, pointing at the camera to tell Jimin the right thing to do. Out of the blue, the three of them started laughing on their own. 

"Ahh, right! Uhmm, to the people in my wife Hayoung's company, PD-niim, please spare more parts for my Hayoung." He faced to the camera like a person announcing some desire on national television. 

 

 

ON the other hand, Hayoung busied herself through watching the videos during the recently MAMA 2014 in Hong Kong that the MNet broadcasting company has uploaded in their Youtube account. Her eyes enjoyed the artists performances until she monitored BTS' performances together with Block B.

At first, she was all smiling at the cool and awesome entrance of each group. She even grinned cheekily when she saw Jimin's face in the frame. Apparently, their dance number was next. Her jaw literally dropped when she saw how good Jimin was when it comes to dancing, and it dropped even more when she saw him strip his clothes until he's half-.

 

Hayoung: I didn't know what to feel. I was---my mind went totally blank...when I saw it. Should I be proud? I was annoyed. All the girls who watched it enjoyed it for sure. But...he's that kind of a performer so I should just be okay, right?

Her frown showed when she was asked by the interviewer about what she felt about Jimin's surprise production.

Hayoung: Ahh, I don't know anymore.

She cupped her cheeks with both of her palms in a whining manner after that.

Hayoung: I don't know what to feel anymore. Actually I already saw an article about it even before but I only watched it then so I was really surprised. I shouldn't have watched it. 

 

She removed her eye glasses after using her ipad on watching the video. Hayoung really tried her best to finish the entire performance despite the queasy feeling in her stomach. But then she was too bothered by it. 

"Hayoungie, we should prepare for Gayo Daejun." She heard her Chorong unnie from the bedroom and she lifted up her own mood through dressing up prettily for the annual event. 

The young wife took a bit long to prepare and so her unnies had to check on her inside her room. When they did, they saw her still combing her hair while wearing her couple beanie. 

"Come on maknae, we have to go for rehearsals." Bomi called unto her. Finally, she decided to just let it go and shrugged it off of her shoulders. Eventually, Hayoung tagged along with her unnies towards their van right after being called by the older member. 

They were talking about things inside the car; about their performances, about their fans and about how thankful they are for the support and attention they're getting from their new song LUV. And speaking of LUV, the topic was diverted to first loves and which by means Hayoung and her husband. Because of this, Hayoung got the chance to express how she feels about what she had seen.

"I just saw their performance during MAMA..." she started smoothly and successfully caught everyone's attention. However, even before she could start again, Namjoo in. "Ahh, I saw that too! Jimin brother-in-law is on fire!" She mocked that earned a pout from the maknae.

That was actually the thing that she wanted to point out. Hayoung's feelings stirred inside of her.

"You should be proud!" Namjoo suddenly changed her tone into a more enlightening mode. The youngest of the group gave her another look. "Should I be proud that he's stripping in front of many girls?" she answered, full of sarcasm in her voice. Apparently, it only made her other unnies laugh.

"Of course not! What I meant was, shouldn't you at least think that many girls would admire him but despite that you're still the wife and he's yours." Namjoo explained to the younger that somehow bribed the humble feelings of the wife. Now her pride has lifted into the higher level. A smile was suddenly visible on her face because of it. 

"Ahhh, she likes it!" Bomi mocked her when they saw her with the unavoidable sheepish grin.

"No I don't!" Hayoung denied though and suddenly covered her face because of embarrassment. Everyone just shot her a look because of it. They knew that she's hiding the fact that she was indeed enjoying it.

 

 

IT was a fun and wild afternoon at the venues, both inside and outside of MBC broadcasting building. Likewise, the backstage was like a battlefield for the on going preparations of the different idols for the annual MBC Gayo Daejaejun 2014. Both Apink and BTS were on their way towards their own rooms as well, and halfway to it, they met by chance.

"Oh! It's our sister-in-law." Taehyung noticed first when he saw the girls coming closer from the other side of the hall. 

Jimin's attention drifted quickly towards his wife from afar and saw her wearing this black long dress that shapes up her figure. She walked towards them and as soon as she saw Jimin grinning at the sight of her, she covered herself with her arms, crossing it against her chest and feeling shy about her clothes.

"Wow, our sister-in-law is so beautiful." The Bangtan brothers-in-law all gave their compliments to Hayoung but instead of feeling motivated, the young wife was even more embarrassed to show herself. She even clipped close both the slit of her skirt as she approached them. 

Nevertheless, Jimin took notice of his wife being different from her unnies with all of them wearing their pink dresses and her, a black dress. "Why are you wearing a different dress?" Jimin asked her that earned 'oohs' and 'ahhs' from their members. She just flashed a smile at him, like a normal wife who still feels uncomfortable wearing such things in front of his newly husband. 

 

Rap Monster: Aww, she's so shy. 

The youngest host couldn't hide the pinky effect of the couple to his cheeks that registered to the camera beautifully. 

 

"It's because she has a special stage later on." Namjoo informed the husband as she wrapped her arms around the maknae from the back, making Jimin envy of this privilege. "It would be a y stage Jimin-sshi. Are you okay with that?" Bomi joked, earning a sheepish grin from the young Jimin who was obviously just forcing to show. 

"Oh Hayoung-sshi, stand by please." Everyone's attention gathered to the PD from afar when she yelled for Hayoung. 

With that, Hayoung was summoned together with her friends, Red Velvet's Joy and AOA's Chanmi who were waiting for her across the hallway. But even before she could leave, Jimin has interrupted. "I'll take you there." The Bangtan dancer told Hayoung right after letting his brothers know. 

Both groups waved goodbye to the couple as the latter stepped their way towards the ladies standing from afar. But despite this, Jimin still couldn't take his glances off of his wife's get up. 

 

Everyone in the studio burst out laughing when they saw Jimin check out Hayoung from head down to her feet by her sides. They just couldn't remove the fact that Jimin's worried of her almost daring wardrobe.

 

"Why? What's wrong?" Hayoung asked him when she finally noticed. She looked down to herself shortly because of it and suddenly become anxious. She was never this concious about whatever she wears even before. It's probably one of the changes couples encounter after marriage.

"Nothing, you look great." Jimin smiled at her as if he didn't care. After all, he would be lying if he said she didn't look good with it. 

"Ahh really? Is that sincere?" his wife still asked, just in case he was being sarcastic. She knew it was possible after seeing his expression beforehand. She could feel that even Jimin was uncomfortable with it. 

"Yes, I'm sincere." Her husband responded with a nod until suddenly, he tightened the black belt around his waist and made his wife laugh.

 

Hayoung: I was not the only one wearing a costume that time, he was also wearing this taekwando uniform and I found it really cute when he just tightened his belt right after saying he's sincere. He's just so cute.

 

"But you look great in your uniform too." She blurted out, finally noticing his blue uniform that was outshined by hers for a quick moment.

"Thank you, I actually learned a lot of stuff while practicing taekwando." Jimin boasted as if saying that he would not have any doubts in using it on somebody who would make him uncomfortable. Most probably, he was referring to people who would lurk around his wife. 

"Ahh really?" Hayoung said, surprised him when out of the blue she linked their arms together. With her hand around Jimin's arms in public, he just couldn't help it but to soften his heart towards his wife.

"But still, good luck with your team Hayoungie, blue team would surely win." He snapped himself out of his short distraction and reiterated. 

Hayoung on the other hand, just laughed at it when her husband started being cute again. It was her first time seeing Jimin this competitive despite their feelings for each other. It almost slipped through her mind that she was in the opposing team which is the white team while Jimin was in the blue. 

Hence, the two proudly displayed their closeness in front of everyone in the building. And when Hayoung left for her stage with her fellow '96 liners, Jimin moved back to the standy by area to watch them on the tv screen. He was nervous at first, anxious as well, until it started.

 

[Hayoung, Joy and Chanmi's coming of age performance, 2014 MBC Gayo Daejejeon]

 

Jimin's expression while watching the performance was priceless. He was all smiling but anyone around him noticed that there was something more behind that smile. The young husband was either proud or anxious about it. 

 

Jimin: I was surprised when I watched it from the back stage. Like, I never thought she'd do such y performance.

Interviewer: She saw your performance during an awards ceremony as well, the one where you ripped off your shirt?

Jimin: Ahhh really? This must be her revenge. 

The young husband just chuckled at the camera, blushing from the memory of Hayoung's adult ceremony performance. 

 

Hayoung: Yes, that was my revenge for him ripping off his clothes. 

The young wife also laughed when she was asked if her doing a y performance like that was part of her revenge for his surprising production number too. 

 

The performance ended well and the people in the back stage, including Jimin, clapped their hands for this celebration. Went up next, were Jimin, the rest of BTS and Boyfriend along with a huge team of taekwando players. The young wife, afterwards, moved to the nearest tv screen from the back stage and eagerly viewed their performance.

 

[BTS and Boyfriend's taekwando performance, 2014 MBC Gayo Daejejeon]

 

Unlike her husband who was a bit anxious, Hayoung sincerely cheered on him. Her eyes were fixed only to Jimin and her smile, unfading. She was already told by the staff to prepare for her next stage but Hayoung requested to stay longer to finish his performance. 

When the performance was done, Hayoung quickly strolled to their waiting room and changed her clothes. She hastened because she knew that BTS would be having another performance afterwards. She did not really want to miss it. 

She was just like watching a filmed concert when Hayoung settled down a couch in the room as their stylist fix her up for their own production number. The VCR where GOT7 and BTS appeared rolled on the television and Hayoung just couldn't take away her smile after seeing Jimin act like one of those badass students in every manghwas. She fancied him more.

 

[BTS performance, 2014 MBC Gayo Daejejeon]

 

As soon as GOT7 members were done with their amazing performance, Hayoung had her attention attached to the next idols. Her jaw slightly dropped when she saw her brothers-in-law in their white navy uniforms. She was even more surprised when she heard how loud the audience have gone as they dance beautifully like a flash mob. Her smile stretched out from one ear to another again, finding them very cool especially when Jimin went front. 

 

Hayoung: The crowd outside went wild when they came out. He looked so cool in his white uniform--ahh, he looks like a kingka from a manghwa. I really couldn't take my eyes off of him the whole time. He's really really attractive when you watch him.

Hayoung cupped both of her cheeks with her palms as she spoke. 

 

Even the other idols other than Apink in the room started teasing Hayoung every time Jimin appears on screen. Red Velvet's Joy who is also one of Hayoung's close friends was there to join, poking her tummy from the side. But Hayoung stayed still from the couch, undistracted until the end.

When it was finished, Hayoung clapped her hands joyfully. She was overly satisfied with her husband's performance. Hayoung was just resisting herself from bragging about how cool he is.

"What can you say Hayoungie? Your husband is so cool." Bomi remarked while getting fixed by the stylist next. Hayoung just raised her shoulders confidently, finally boasting about him.

"But he sweats a lot unnie, he should wipe his sweat before it dry up." She blurted with concern. 

"Awww, the wife is worried about her husband. Why don't you go to him?" Eunji responded. Hayoung's ears perked up when she heard her unnie say that, and she liked the idea. 

 

 

AFTER the performance, Jimin set off the stage with sweat droplets dripping from the side of his head down to his neck. Suddenly, he was hoping that Hayoung would be there to wipe it for him. He had this fantasies out of the blue. 

"Oppa!" and just like fate, he was stopped when he heard a familiar voice say from behind.

His heart started to beat faster, as if he already knew whom it was. Jimin rapidly turned his head to where the voice was coming from. With full content, he flashed a wide smile.

"Hayoungie-ah!" he called unto her before taking her into his arms, showing everyone how he missed the lady. Hayoung in shock, returned the hug anyway. 

For them, it felt like they've been apart for long. They were in the same event but it seems like they're in two different places, away from each other. Jimin was the most affected between them two. He was inspired the entire time they performed.

"You're drench in sweat." Hayoung looked at him when she pulled back, wiping the sweats on his forehead using her bare hands. She was definitely acting as the wife.

"It's okay, I'm used to it." Jimin answered in return but his wife didn't stop and got herself a towel to wife his sweats. Even Suga just ignored them when he passed by, he just waved at Hayoung and moved on even without saying hi to his younger membermate. Instead, Jimin jokingly yelled at him telling him he's a bad hyung.

Soon, the young couple separated from each other. They hesitated to let go of each other, hands entangled with one another and their eyes locked together. Jimin's beam told her not to leave but Hayoung's gazes answered that she must have to leave. Their eyes actually did the job for their mouths at speaking. 

"Bye, see you later." Hayoung told him with a gesture using her free hand. Her husband in return tightened his grasp on her hand, not wanting to let go. 

"Oh Hayoung-sshi? Stand by, please." Finally, they heard the PD yell from afar. Unruffled, Jimin turned his head towards the PD's way and teasingly spoke as if an answer to him. "Park Hayoung, PD-niim. She's Park Hayoung." It just made Hayoung flush when he said that. 

"I'm going now." The young wife retrieved her hand from her young husband, walked away while waving her hands towards him. When she was gone, Jimin went back to their waiting room and plopped down the wide black couch to watch his lovely wife perform on screen.

 

[Apink performance, 2014 MBC Gayo Daejejeon]

 

Jimin's eyes wandered at the beauty of his wife every time the camera focuses on her. All of Apink looks dazzling in their pink outfits but only Hayoung could make his heart throb just from one stare into the camera. His smile was visible all the time. How he missed this lady so much.

"Ahh so pretty." He muttered every time she appears on the screen. 

 

 

SUBSEQUENTLY, the event ended well. There are people who gathered by the stage outside the MBC building, Bangtan included. However, Apink was inside the studio with some of their sunbaes and hoobaes. Even then the couple were away from each other. 

Greeting each other happy new year, the hosts of the event smiled to the camera and in the background gone the Bangtan members waving and making faces. 

It was a memorable night for Hayoung and Jimin for at least, they were in one place to celebrate the new year. They may not had seen each other that much during the celebration but they knew that their hearts are in each other's hands. The wife's not worried about Jimin looking at the other female idols and the husband's not really concerned about Hayoung talking to other guys.

Deeper trust was established from this experience between the couple.