Episode 16 (Final)

We Got Married (Jimin & Hayoung)

HAYOUNG woke up in their bed that Saturday morning a few days after their ice skate rink date. Finding the time to get the house some cleaning, she rolled off their bed and began fixing it. She tossed the pillow around to dust it off and folded the blankets according to their original placement. She was almost finished shrugging the last pillow when she heard a thud from the ground. 

Her head immediately turned to the floor and saw Jimin's phone lying on the ground. She picked it up as soon and put it over the coffee table by the living room. But just as she was about to put it down, she noticed Jimin's wallpaper. It was a screen shot of their to-do list. Some were already lined out but most are still free. 

The young wife took a good look at the picture and smiled at some of the memories.

 

  1. swimming in summer
  2. skiing in winter
  3. sledding in winter
  4. extreme sports together
  5. barbeque party at our marital home
  6. meet each other's groupmates
  7. go on our honeymoon trip (abroad please)
  8. couple merchandise
  9. adopt a puppy
  10. perform a stage together

 

Her smile reached from one ear to another. They might haven't done a lot for the past several months but at least the memories of each adventure still remains fresh in her mind. 

Suddenly, she thought of something to do while Jimin was away. She grabbed her phone and dialled BTS' manager's number. It rang a couple of times before somebody answered it from the other side. 

"Hello?" she smiled, and then remembered that the person on the other line couldn't see her. 

"Yes, Hayoung-sshi?" asked the manager with delight in his voice.

"Is Jimin oppa there?" she asked him, excited suddenly to hear her husband's voice. 

"He just left. What's wrong?" the tone in the manager's voice sounded so worried because first, it's not usual for Hayoung to call to him, and second, she usually does it when it's an emergency, like how her manager called him for their planned surprise the last time. 

"Ahh, he left his phone here by accident, can I know when will he come here?" the thought of Jimin going home to her thrilled Hayoung. She had never felt so happy about waiting for someone before. 

"Yeah, he told me about it. He's actually on his way there now, I don't know where exactly but he left about half an hour ago. He should be there in a while." The manager reported that earned a long hum from Hayoung.

"Okay, manager-niim, thank you." She hang up. 

Hayoung panicked a little when she knew that Jimin would be coming home soon. She knew she must do something to surprise him. It didn't help too when out of the blue, their door bell buzzed the entire living room. The young wife froze, her eyes widened hugely. It shouldn't be Jimin, she thought. 

"Who's there?" she inquired while walking towards the door, and it astonished her twice when a red mail box stood outside their door.

Even without asking any of the staff about it, Hayoung already knew what it meant. She had a sudden mood drop because of the unwanted gift. The young wife wished to refuse to take it, but it was not like she had another choice. She was mad and sad at the same time.

"Please get the mission inside." Said the staff that she hesitated to follow. But eventually did, in the end.

 

To: JIM X YOUNG COUPLE

We would like to inform you that your virtual marriage ends today. It was a very exciting ride to watch you both grow in your marriage. You brought us back to that feeling of having your first love as a young individual, and it was a very sweet experience. You have the whole day to spend with each other. We hope you enjoyed being together as much as WGM enjoyed having you in the show. 

From: WGM Staff

 

Hayoung stopped reading aloud midst the note because she knew she would break in tears if she went on with her voice. She looked away, turned her back to the camera, and dropped her head down. Still, a camera on her side captured the water droplets that formed in her lashes as she sniffled softly. She wiped it dry with her fingers but it didn't help in stopping the tears from falling.

"Hayoung-ah?" she hardly fought the urge to cry when she heard her husband's familiar voice from her back. 

It was Jimin who arrived, and he seemed to already know about the latest mission because he launched himself around Hayoung as soon as he passed through the cameramen. His wife broke down in his arms when he pulled her close to his chest. She sobbed, and sobbed, until she felt no tears form in her eyes. Jimin was also fighting his tears from outbursting the feelings he had in his chest, he told himself he shouldn't cry in front of his wife. 

"It's okay Hayoung-ah, we can still contact each other." His voice was a whisper from everyone around them at that moment, but since they had microphones stuck on their shirts, it was heard through the sound system. 

It was not yet the time to say goodbye but it felt the same for Hayoung. Whether it would be later or right then, it would feel the same for her. 

"We haven't done a lot, oppa." She muttered between her sobs, and it broke his heart to hear her muffled voice like that. 

"I know, but we can still do it even without all of these, right?" his arms tightened around his wife, rubbed circles on the small of her back, and kissed the side of her head. 

Even the staff felt the sadness in the atmosphere as the couple took it really hard to say goodbye to each other. Several of the staff were caught getting teary at this farewell as well but the others cheered them on. 

A few more moments later, and the staff had to remind the couple about their final date together. The two went back inside the house with heavy feet as if the gravity's pull tripled beneath them. Jimin's arm was still around Hayoung, the latter still sniffing from her crying. 

"Are you okay, now? Don't cry, shh," Jimin did not stop comforting her as they sat on the carpeted floor, he started to get teary as well. 

"What should we do, oppa? We still have plenty in our list." Hayoung pouted when she lifted her head to look at him. He wasn't able to stop the laughter from coming out his lips when he saw it.

 

Jimin: She's so adorable. I'm gonna miss her, I'm sure of that. 

 

"We can do at least two today, if you want. We can invite our members for a barbeque party, and then we can adopt a puppy later on." He assured her, his voice firm and entrusting. 

 

 

THE house was suddenly filled with performers and idols a little while after they gathered their friends altogether. Since not all BTS and Apink members were able to make it, the two invited friends from other groups. Hayoung got Chanmi, and Joy while some BTS back up dancers came for Jimin. 

The young husband, together with s Jungkook and J-Hope, was already grilling the barbeque as the others enjoy the mini party inside. Rihanna's "Work" played in the background as the wife entertained her guests. Chanmi and Joy in the couch, asking her about the stuffs they did together.

Joy told her that Sungjae is Jimin's 180 degrees version. She said Sungjae likes to joke around while Jimin takes the marriage seriously, way seriously. Hayoung shook her head at that statement and defended her husband that he was fun too, although he could be a little serious at some times. 

The girls had fun with the stories they were willing to share, laughed, and caught up with the time they had missed.

After a while, Jimin approached Hayoung and excused her from her friends. She gladly followed him to the rooftop, to where they were finally left alone. His wife held his hand so tight as if she didn't want to ever let go. He smiled at her when they stood by the railings. 

"Sooo," he started, lifting his phone in his righ hand, "I guess we did one more thing today." He smiled.

Hayoung fought the tears that were about to escape her eyes. Suddenly, she rather that they didn't. 

"Yeah, one less thing." She exhaled one long breathe. 

It couldn't be denied anymore. It was the end. They wouldn't be Mr and Mrs Park anymore. They would be Oh Hayoung and Park Jimin again. Idols in their respective groups. Hayoung frowned at the thought. 

"Hey, don't scowl. Come on, smile for me." Jimin requested, pushing the sides of upwards. 

And Hayoung did. She outstretched the crook of her lips towards her eyes, and beamed prettily towards him. The twinkle in her smile finally triggered the tears to fall over Jimin's cheeks. The little droplets of water in his eyes sparkled even to the camera so he had to look away to hide his soft state. 

"Oppa," Hayoung cheered when she noticed too. 

 

Hayoung: I knew that he was only holding it in. 

Hayoung suddenly stopped talking, looking down. She had a smile on her face but tears were also flooding her eyes. She immediately wiped it even before it could roll down.

Hayoung: I'm gonna miss him. I'm sure. 

 

"I'm sorry, I just...I told myself I'm not gonna cry." He spoke in between his sniffling. His wife reached out to wipe his tears for him. "Don't tell my members I cried." He added that made them both laugh. 

"Okay," Hayoung nodded her head in assurance.

They stayed up there for more. They could hear the voices of the people downstairs chattering about a lot of stuffs, and while all of these happened, the couple were side by side by the terrace. The violet and pink color of the sky splashed around them, the clouds with light peach color blended well with it, and the atmosphere was cold against their skin. 

"Do you have any regrets, oppa? Or things you wanna say to me?" Hayoung began, her back against the wooden barracade that kept them from falling. 

"Hmm, I have one thing that I regret." Jimin's voice softened, he exhaled before carrying on. "I regret that we couldn't be together for so long."

Hayoung couldn't deny that she feels the same. She told him in response that she also regretted that their time together was short. She was disappointed that she couldn't prove to him that she could be a good wife too. Only if they had more time together. 

"Do you have something to say to me?" Jimin tilted his head with a cheeky smile. 

"Well..."

He anticipated for it, but at the same time, he waited until she was ready to speak again. He did not rush her, thus, he held her hand until she opened to say something. 

"Thank you, oppa. Thank you for being an amazing husband to me. Thank you for being a motivator, an inspiration, and a shoulder that I could always lean on. Thank you for everything." Now her tears have returned. She sniffled. "I hope we can still be friends even after this. Good luck with everything, I will always be here to support you all the way. I love you. I'm gonna miss you." 

For one last time, they hugged. Jimin pulled her into his arms, his lips pressed against the side of her head. There were no tears anymore but rather, smiles painted on their faces. They swayed, he being the one to do it. They laughed, stared into each other's eyes, and uttered some words only them knows. 

"Thank you, too. For always being there for me, for always supporting me. Thank you." He said with a final kiss on her forehead.