Episode 2

We Got Married (Jimin & Hayoung)

OCTOBER 13th, 2014, Seoul School of Perfoming Arts, High School Gymnasium Building

Jimin stepped out of their white van in his casual clothes of white printed t-shirt, his denim jeans paired up with his black sneakers, and his favorite Chicago Bulls snapback. He hopped on his place a couple of times when both of his feet reached the ground making his bag bounce from behind him.

"Ahhh..." he rubbed his hands together with a sheepish chuckle after. He's not sure if it's just because of the October weather or because it's his meeting day with his wife that his hands felt cold out of the blue.

 

Jimin: I was really nervous and excited at the same time that I wasn't able to sleep well. Actually, I don't really have a solid experience in dating. I mean the 'real' dating ones. I hang out with some girls when I was in high school but I never took that seriously. It's really just to make friends.

 

"I'm very nervous right now." Bangtan's 20 year old member said and paced towards the school gymnasium where he was told to meet up with his wife. He kept warming his hands in the midst of it; rubbing his palms together, blowing his warm breathe on it, and then rubbing it together again.

When he arrived at the gym's door, Jimin paused in front of it to take another deep breathe. He even placed his right hand on his chest, couldn't control his own heart beat.

"Okay, let's do this!" he pumped his left fist in the air before bravely pushing the right door wide open. 

Everything went slow motion for him when the youngest husband in WGM history stepped inside the school gym. It was not his first time going in a gymnasium but knowing that he was there for a different purpose, Jimin felt the different ambience.

That mixture of nervousness and excitement was lessened only for a short while when he noticed an empty place around him. Eventually, he decided to sit by the bleachers and waited until the person he was anticipating for arrives.

 

Hayoung: I...really never dated anyone before. Since I'm still young and I'm an only child, my parents never really wanted the idea of me dating somebody. But now, I think I'd like to try doing it. Just for...experience?

 

Jimin sat comfortably like a real man by the 3rd row of the bleachers and looked around to scan the place hearing nothing much but his own breathe, the noises from outside the building, and the dead silence inside.

A minute, then 2 minutes, 5 minutes, and 10 minutes had passed and Jimin slowly felt the return of his nervousness. Again, he clutched unto his chest while breathing out heavily and then the sound of his punches against his own chest spread all over the place.

Later on, he heard the echo of a door opening from his seat.

He immediately turned his head towards the door and bent the upper half of his body forward to peek unto the entrance. All of a sudden, Jimin wanted to just turn around and run away from too much queasiness. But he knew he couldn't escape so instead, he removed his cap from his head and covered his face with it. The guy even leaned back against the step behind him and waited for a few more time.

"Wahhh!" was the first thing he had said when he finally caught a glimpse of his marriage partner. He was both so glad and so happy at the sight that he wasn't able to greet her fast.  His usually crescent eyes rounded up afterwards.

 

Interviewer: What did you feel when you saw your wife?

Jimin: Actually...I did not know what to do first. I was soooo stammered that I forgot that I should greet her first.

Interviewer: What was your first impression of your wife?

Jimin: Hmm...a sophisticated lady. As expected from her, since she came from a demure group, she's really a beautiful lady. She looks very feminine with her clothes. And she's shorter than me, I like shorter, cute girls.

 

He knew whom she is and by then he could tell that it's going to be a fun marriage. Hence, it was after a quick arrangements of thoughts when Jimin finally realized that he needed to stand up and meet up with the lady.

He stood straight on his feet, flattened his clothes and wore back his snapback before skipping down the bleachers. The Bangtan member shyly scratched the back of his head when he saw her in her baby blue dress covered with a cardigan of a darker shade of blue, and a very cute white doll shoes.

"Ohh, h-hi! Jimin-sshi." Jimin's smile reached from ear to ear when he heard APink's Oh Hayoung's voice for the first time as his wife. And then he replied, timidly bowing his head in a small degree when she did it first, "Hi." 

 

Interviewer: What did you feel when you saw your husband?

Hayoung: Hmm...it was...very fun? I mean, I suddenly felt excited the moment I saw him. He's been very popular to the fans and I think he's really interesting. 

Interviewer: What was your first impression of your husband?

Hayoung: He seems...very friendly? He has a natural warm smile that can earn many friends...I think. His eyes are really cute.

 

"Hayoung-sshi," Jimin still stuttered despite the thinking that he had gathered all of his confidence, good thing he was still able to prevent his voice from cracking. It would be more embarrassing if it cracked while asking, he thought.

"Uhmm, y-yeah," Hayoung bowed her head again as she put some of her bangs to one side and clipped it behind her ears, and then she grasped on the strap of her shoulder bag with both of her hands and showed the other a very shy yet sincere smile.

Awkwardness filled the place for a few while until finally, Jimin thought of something to break the ice.

"Uhmm, come on, let's sit by there." He pointed towards his things on the space where he had sat before, and Hayoung on the other hand, gladly agreed with him in return. "Sure, let's go." She said. 

Just like how Jimin wanted to earn a positive first impression, the guy stretched out his hand towards the way and let his wife to walk by first catching up beside her only when she started moving. And to make it was less uncomfortable, he used his popular skills with talking. "So where did you come from before going here?" he asked as they stepped up the side stairs of the bleachers. 

"Hmm? Uhmm, I came from another schedule." Hayoung told him that somehow worried him a bit.

"Ohh really? Sorry, you must be tired." He said as he walked faster to get his jacket from his back. Even before Hayoung could sit, he stopped her, "uhmm wait," she paused at his order and watched him as he placed his jacket on the part of the bench where she'd sit. 

 

Choa: Awww, that's sooo sweet!

Kyunghwa: Classic moves I should say. Jimin here knows classic moves.

Eric: But it works every time. 

 

"Oh, thank you." Hayoung smiled with another slight bow but Jimin insisted, returning an eye smile--his popular eye smile instead. 

"Eyy no problem, it's okay." He shook his head lightly as she finally sat down on the jacket. At that moment, he sat on the space beside her.

"Wahh, the comfort the gym brings." The wife spoke out of nowhere, probably to start a conversation and to keep the awkward moment from filling in.

Fortunately, Jimin knew how to follow along the flow of conversing. "Do you study here?" he asked as he looked at her and saw her nod. "Yepp, I'm currently studying here." She answered with a smile.

"Ahhhh..." but then another silence crawled in after he said that. Hayoung started playing with her feet while Jimin stared down the court grounds with his mind flying around.

 

Jimin: I honestly don't know what to say. I was both starstruck and nervous. Words just...won't flow out from my mouth, seriously. It's pretty embarrassing.

 

"How about you? Where did you study high school?" Hayoung suddenly asked while staring at her feet. Of course Jimin felt like he had to make efforts too so he tried his best to keep the conversation going.

"Well, I study at Busan Performing Arts School." He said before nodding his head gently and gradually.

"Ohh really? Which major?" his wife asked again, slowly gaining more interest about him.

"Dancing of course, I live to dance." The husband laughed with a timid smile after. It somehow brought comfort to the both of them.

They exchanged smiles and stolen glances subsequently, and even before silence could barge in between again, Jimin thought of a great idea. His gaze crossed across the basketball ring that made him smile. "Do you like sports Hayoung-sshi?" he asked that earned a soft chuckle from his wife.

Hayoung nodded her head as an answer to the question, but Jimin knew that it's not just about it. "Sorry, I just don't know what to call you." He rubbed his nape shyly with an eye smile. 

"You can just call me whatever makes you comfortable." The 19 year old wife rest assured him and made his heart feel more at ease. 

"Hayoung...ie then? Is it okay?" the Bangtan dancer lifted up a thumb to ask for his wife's confirmation that he gladly received without any hesitations.

"It's much better than Hayoung-sshi." She smiled back at him. Because of this, Jimin started to slowly feel comfortable and more open towards Hayoung.

"You can call me oppa then since I'm a year older, right?" he asked her.

"I was born July 19th 1996, how about you?" Hayoung tilted her head to one side, curious of her hubby's answer. Jimin just removed his cap from his head and fixed his hair with his fingers. "I'm older, I was born in 1995, October 13th." He said. Apparently, it surprised Hayoung.

"It's your birthday today?" her eyes widened up followed by a biting of her bottom lip. The lad chortled softly at her reaction and nodded at her in return. "Oh my, happy birthday~" she clapped her hands in a slow yet feminine way. "Thanks," Jimin said.

 

Interviewer: Did you know it was his birthday?

Hayoung: Hmm...no. I didn't know it was his birthday. I regret that I did not search him up before meeting him.

 

"Should we celebrate?" Hayoung took a quick moment to open her bag purse and fished out her phone from inside. Jimin could not do anything but to agree with her. He wouldn't want to say no to his beautiful wife. Plus, he'd like to celebrate it with her anyways. Today's the perfect timing for first date anyhow, he thought as well.

"Hmm sure! Let's go eat something." He said with a cheeky grin. 

And so, the two stood up from their seats and left the place with happy hearts. Jimin walked beside Hayoung all through out with her being on the inside part of the streets. But in the midst of their walking, Jimin noticed Hayoung's clothes and so he hesitated to ask. "Do you want to wear my jacket? It's pretty cold." He said in an informal way of the language while flapping the jacket in front of him. The lady on the the other hand, just shook her head in return.

"Thank you, I think I'm okay," she spoke informally as well but still softly and timidly, "oppa." 

 

Misun: Awww she called him oppa!

 

Jimin: It feels really good. I felt tingles all over me to be honest. 

 

After hearing her call him oppa, Jimin wasn't able to fight the urge and happily released out a soft giggle. It's not that it's his first time hearing that endearment from a girl but he felt rather different, something more special, especially knowing that it came from her lips.

"Nahh, I insist." Still, he unfurled out the jacket and covered it around his wife's shoulders. They continued to walk afterwards, as if they were close to each other already.

"So, is it your first time doing this?" Jimin asked out of nowhere, not really clear of his point so Hayoung felt confused. She asked, "What is? We got married?" she tilted her head to one side, facing him. The youngest wife of WGM naturally fluttered her eyes at him, curious of his question. 

"No," he shook his head fast, "I mean, have you tried going out with a guy before?" he cleared the question as soon as he could. Finally, Hayoung come to understand what he wanted to ask her. 

"Ahhh," she nodded her head in a gradual way, "uhmm no. It's my first time." She pulled the jacket closer to her using her left hand, while the husband saw it.

"Is it falling? Maybe you should wear it completely." Jimin suggested when he saw that the jacket was sliding off of her.

"Eyy, no it's okay." She said with a soft laugh. 

However, Jimin knew that it would be better to just let her wear it. In the end, he held Hayoung's wrist to stop her from walking and gently got the jacket from her. At that moment, he spread it wide open so Hayoung could slip her arms inside the sleeves of the jacket. The wife couldn't do anything but to follow along. She walked in between his arms and wore the jacket with his help. 

 

Choa: Awww, Jimin's such a gentleman!

Eric: He's really moving fast.

 

"Thank you Jiminnie oppa." She said that made Jimin feel the sudden tingles all over his body. He even chuckled at the time and felt his cheeks burning.

"Eyy, it's okay, no problem." He smiled at her as their faces got a bit closer whilst Hayoung wears the jacket.

 

Hayoung: I really like giving nicknames to other people so I thought to call him more comfortably. Actually Jiminnie oppa is just for temporary use. I'm still thinking of a good nickname for him.

 

Jimin: I actually blushed, I felt it to be honest. I was like, 'wahhh it really feels good to have a girlfriend.'

 

They continued to get to know each other as they walked towards the restaurant. Many people had been looking and calling them as they march. Of course they happily waved back at the fans. Jimin though, thought of finally announcing it to them, "We got married guys!" he yelled at the girls that were holding his banner, and then pointed at Hayoung. 

The girls from afar squealed and cheered for them. "Ahh really?! Jimin oppa fighting!" they screamed.

 

Jimin: I really thought the fans wouldn't like the idea of me being on WGM. But I guess because it's me, maybe if it's Taehyungie or Jungkookie then they will really not like it. Hahaha~ kidding though.

 

The couple wasn't very quiet as they traveled to look for a good restaurant to eat at. Since both of them have their own social networking sites, they found one quickly through the internet. Because of this, the two never allowed the silence to take over. 

"I heard you're having a come back?" Jimin asked, giving his wife a few quick glances.

"Yepp, we're actually working hard for it." The 19 year old wife replied with a cheeky grin as she turned her head towards him, catching his glances with hers.

"Ohh, I can't wait to see it." He replied, suddenly looking away. Perhaps to avoid getting his wife see him blush. 

"How about you? You must be very busy these days, hm?" Hayoung asked her 20 year old husband, eyes still glued at the back of his head.

"Yeah, but I'll make sure to give you 50 percent of my time."

 

This sudden remark from him earned 'oohs' and 'ahhs' from both the audience and the commentators in the studio.

 

It also made his wife to suddenly feel shy and so to rapidly look away. She felt her cheeks burn. "Ohh really? Wahh, thank you then." She her lips after that. It's the habit she's been doing every time she feels flattered of something. Coincidentally, the husband has the same habit. And so they did it at the same time without knowing it.

 

Eric: Aww, soulmates!

Choa: Right, they did it at the same time! Cute!

 

Half an hour had passed when the two arrived at this popular Korean restaurant near Cube Entertainment. The two stepped out of the van as soon as it stopped and strolled along the front door pausing by a freedom wall when they noticed different pictures pasted on it.

There were messages beside each pictures as well, catching Hayoung's attention.

"Omo!" Jimin and Hayoung were put on a stop when the wife saw familiar faces from a picture somewhere in the middle of the small wall. She pointed out at the picture with a huge grin before speaking with her still calm voice. "You've gone here?" she asked.

The husband on the other hand, just nodded his head before taking a closer look at the picture. It was their group photo from their album 'Boy in Luv'. 

"Yepp, we ate here once during our Boy in Luv promotions." He explained. Suddenly, his eyes widened up. Soon he rapidly covered a particular message from beside the picture. Clueless Hayoung chuckled curiously at his action.

"Why? What's wrong?" she asked him trying to peek unto what he was covering but he just shook his head violently. "Ehh, what is it?" she reached out to remove his hands from it and succeeded after. A smile painted on her face when she bent down a bit closer to read it.

 

​I wish to eat here with my girlfriend next time. Jjang! ^-^
-Bangtan Park Jimin

 

Hayoung: Hmm, I felt very special? Because it only means that he hasn't gone with a girl there before. 

 

"Haven't you eaten out with a girl before?" she asked him while still staring at the message, and the wife just couldn't stop herself from giggling inwardly. Of course she wouldn't want to show too much towards her husband for first meeting.

"Nahh, I never seriously dated anyone before. But I hang out with some girl friends," Hayoung stood back straight while Jimin waved his hands suddenly, "don't misunderstand, they're just friends that are girls." He finished with a sincere eye smile.

"Eyy, I understand." Hayoung answered coolly anyway.

"But I haven't seriously dated anyone." Jimin pushed his luck even more.

 

Jimin: I actually had a one-sided love before. It was during my middle school days. Because of it I decided to pursue my dreams first before dating anybody.