Episode 10

We Got Married (Jimin & Hayoung)

EVEN in abroad, Jimin still had Hayoung in his mind. The young husband thoughtfully bought her and her Apink unnies stuffs when they visited a foreign land, he never forgot to give her a call whenever he's free, and he consistently uploaded pictures in their group's twitter page with captions that indirectly speaks to Hayoung. 

"Should we buy this for our sister-in-law?" Taehyung spoke out of the blue to get the husband's attention when they stopped by in a souvenir shop. Jimin approached his fellow '95 liner and saw him holding a leaf-shaped lamp shade, and made him burst out laughing.

"Yah, why would you give her a lamp shade?" he asked his friend while placing it back to the divider. 

"Why? What's wrong?! Pfft, at least you bought her something. Besides, she needed that with her studying." Taehyung reasoned as he moved on to the next shelf, but that just annoyed Jimin.

"You and your alien ways," he with a hiss while they continue to browse around the place, exhanging ideas on what should they give to Hayoung. 

 

Jimin: Hayoungie...had her coming of age ceremony before. It only comes once in a lifetime and so I wanted to give her gifts too. Just like what Taemin sunbae-niim did to Naeun noona, I want to provide special things for her. I watched some episodes from the past WGM and I thought of an idea.

 

"At least I know that it's important." Taehyung retorted with his hands around Jungkook who was then laughing at the panicked Jimin. "Give her something that she needs." The maknae added when suddenly, he saw something worthy of his attention from the top divider in the corner of the room. "Hyung!" he called unto Jimin while pointing at it.

"Why? What is it?" Jimin lifted up his gazes towards where the youngest was pointing at, a laughter suddenly escaped from his lips when he saw it.

Those were chibi-like characters stuff toys in different colors and shapes just like in children's books. But one caught Jimin's attention when he scanned the highest divider. It was a white dinosaur looking toy that has a quite huge head, small body and a pair of crescent eyes that smiles. It was himself whom he thought of first after seeing it. 

"Wah, wah! This is cute!" Jimin exclaimed with a toothy smile and a giddy laugh while pointing his right hand towards the toy like he couldn't reach for it. Everyone just asked for the staff's assistance to take ahold of the soft thing.

"What is this toy?" he asked them while embracing the dino toy with his short but mascular loving arms. 

"It's a white Dooly." Explained the staff with a huge smile plastered on his face. 

"Ahh really? Wahh Jiminnie, that toy resembles you well. Chimchim is dooly." Suga cracked from the thought of Jimin's cartoon counterpart. The young husband just squinted his eyes at them as if he was liking the idea. 

 

 

FEBRUARY 12, 2015, Seoul, South Korea. 

It was a one fine day but Hayoung sat nervously by the window in a cafe near Cube Entertainment where she and her husband would meet after a month of not being together. She was both excited and worried because it's been long since she last met him. Indeed they did some personal communications off camera but it's still different when they see each other personally. 

She rubbed her hands together, tapped her feet on the ground with a rhythmical beat and glanced around. Her pupils were shaking restlessly. 

The young wife took turns with peeking into her watch and peeping outside for her husband's figure. She started to get worried about him as time passed by. 

"Good morning Sir, welcome to White Cafe." 

Her heart beat started to race in a quick pace after hearing the ringing of the chimes from the front door. It even doubled when a staff yelled a warm welcome towards the visitor. She already had a feeling it was Jimin. 

Step by step, he moved towards his wife with plenty of paper bags in his hands. It was as if he just came from shopping an entire mall due to the number of bags he brought. Hayoung kept still and waited for him to come closer.

"Hayoungie-ah," he finally called unto her, slightly bending his body forward to have a better look of her face. 

The young wife turned her head towards him as soon as he mentioned her name and gave him the widest smile she could ever give. It was such a touching reunion that left Hayoung's eyes teary. 

"Jimin oppa," her voice sounded groggled but she just laughed at it. She even held unto her chest to keep herself from bursting into tears from this memorable reunion. 

"Are you okay?" Jimin worried of her first, walked towards her and then dropped the bags on his sides to hold her hands to shake it. Hayoung just chortled when she saw his surprised look after yearning for her. 

"Ahh, of course I'm okay now. I aleady seen you." She exclaimed to him, her fingers entangled with his. Jimin couldn't help it but to touch her black hair, to scrutinize and to admire it. His smile was unfading for the entire time.

"You look really great as always." He generously said that made Hayoung grin shyly, a hand reached up to rub her nape. 

"Thank you. You look great too." She briefly let go of Jimin's hands to cup his cheeks, squishing it. 

Time slowed down for Jimin when he felt his wife's touch after a long time. In the end, he couldn't resist a smile. With a touch on the back of her hand, the 20 year old husband showed his flashy dimples that only appears whenever he feels extreme happiness. Just like that very same moment. 

"Ah! These are gifts from the Bangtan guys. They said they weren't able to give gifts on Christmas, on your graduation and also for your Coming of Age." He hesitated to retrieve his hands on hers after that but since he needed to show Hayoung her marvelous gifts, he was forced to detach himself from her. 

"Really? Wahhh, thank you." On the other hand, Hayoung's eyes widened up together with her smile from the sight of the large paper bags being placed on the table by Jimin.

Hayoung settled first on the previous seat where she was while Jimin settled across her. 

"Uhmm, so that is from Taehyung. He said it's for you to wake up on time during college." Jimin chuckled when he saw Hayoung opened her first gift. The wife couldn't help but to laugh along with him, saying, "Ahh, he's really thoughtful. Thank you so much Taehyung-sshi."

"So that one is from Suga and Jin hyung. They bought it together since it's quite expensive." Hayoung even before fishing it out of the box saw the young husband scratch the side of his head as if he had a bad experienced from it. 

Eventually, she pulled out the gift and learned that it was a small white porcelain vase. It was as long as her hand and as slim as her three fingers. But it looked beautiful with the colorful flowers as its design. "Wahh," her eyes twinkled when she looked at Jimin and was amazed, "is this a vase?" she asked him as she noticed it to be too slim for a vase. Jimin shook his head at her. "Nope, it's a pencil holder." He explained.

"Ahh!" The young wife nodded her head at him afterwards and then pressed her lips together. She suddenly felt like it's the best already and that she didn't want to open the others anymore. 

"Eyy, make it fast Hayoungie. You still have to open my gift." Jimin scolded when he noticed that her attention was fully on the porcelain container. His wife on the other hand just chuckled at him.

"Okay my husband, I will now open the others so I can open yours." She told him as she returned the expensive gift back to its container. As soon as she did, the 19 year old wife took the largest bag. "Ooh, this is the biggest, why?" She questioned quick.

"Ahh that's Jungkook's." He answered her while leaning forward against the table, his hands clasped in front of him. "He told me not to spoil it but I'm telling anyways. It's a Hello Kitty back pack." Jimin spilled it all the way that made Hayoung laugh.

"I'm sorry Jungkook-sshi." She turned to the camera with an apologetic smile and a slight bow. Her husband just made face from this and laughed. 

A gasp set out from Hayoung lips when she saw how cute the pink back pack was. With a smile plastered on her face, she turned to Jimin and said, "Jungkook-sshi is good at choosing ladies' bags, does he have a girlfriend or something?" she asked. Jimin just shook his head at her and replied, "Nope, he chooses his bag for himself that's why."

At first, Hayoung didn't get what he meant by that and obediently nodded her head as if she got it right. But Jimin pulled back and told her he's just joking. "He asked the sales person about ladies' preference." He confessed, suddenly laughing on his own while Hayoung studied the bag. 

"Ahh, Namjoon hyung's gift is still with me while Hobi hyung's is the box thingy over there." Jimin finally stood up from his seat afterwards and walked towards the side of his wife with his back facing the camera. 

One of the staff who was filming everything yelled some things to Jimin, telling him to face the camera. But the stubborn husband kept standing on Hayoung's side until suddenly, his wife shrieked on her place. It was by then the staff learned that Jimin handed something to Hayoung and that was his Namjoon hyung's gift to her.

"I know right? It's amazing!" Jimin told her as he strolled away from his wife and back to his seat. 

The young wife's smile grew the moment her face appeared on the camera. Her face was so enlightened that it was restless from too much smiling. When she was asked what was the gift, she just lifted up two rectangular glossy papers and shook it excitedly.

"We're going on a cruise? Really?" She asked her husband with a pair of widened shocked eyes. 

 

Everyone looked at Rapmon when his name was mentioned and the latter just timidly grinned at them.

Misun: Wow, are you rich Rapmon-sshi?

The Bangtan rapper shook his head almost violently at them in defense. Instead, he explained himself.

Rapmon: It was actually a gift from a producer friend. I was supposed to use it and cruise by myself twice. But one night, Jimin told me that each members should give gift to Hayoung and so I was obliged to give it to her.

Everyone just laughed at Rapmon's self-explanation. 

 

"Yeahhh!" Out of the blue, the young husband cheered with his arms out stretched to hold Hayoung's from across. His smile was unfading like hers. "Oh, and check out Hobi hyung's gift." He added afterwards.

Without any more hesitations, Hayoung reached for the box in one of the papers bags and opened it, seeing a black designer shades resting on the soft black cloth. "Wahh," she shrieked, "shades? I love this." She immediately wore it and posed like a high class model that made Jimin chuckle. 

 

Hayoung: I was really, really surprised. I never thought they would thoughtfully buy me gifts, moreover expensive ones. Rapmon-sshi even got us tickets for a cruise ship sooo, it's daebak!

Interviewer: Is there something you'd like to tell your brothers-in-law?

Hayoung: Ahh, I want to thank my Bangtan brothers-in-law for the wonderful gifts. Especially to Jin-sshi and Yoongi-sshi for the wonderful porcelain pencil holder, and Rapmon-sshi for the fantastic cruise tickets. I love it! My unnies want to take that actually but they will never get it. 

 

"But oppa, how did Rapmon-sshi got these cruise tickets?" she asked him, just out of curiosity. But before giving her his answer, Jimin took a moment to take a sip on Hayoung's drink. Finally, he replied. "Ahhh, it was given to him by a friend. He did not spend a cent on it actually, it was free." 

"Wow, he's that influential huh?" Hayoung was amused but it didn't affect Jimin. He just shrugged his shoulders and smiled teasingly at her.

"Not really him, but his friends. I guess he only have rich producer friends, that's why." Both of them chuckled from Jimin's careless retort only that the husband's laugh was more controlled, thinking that he might receive a scolding from his hyung.

"Wahh, it's so luxurious." Hayoung's parted her lips in such awe and was overwhelmed by everything.

 

 

FEBRUARY 14, 2015, Incheon Cruise Port

Jimin stood there by the lobby area with his back pack behind him and his other things in his arms. He was wearing a branded white printed shirt covered by his black jacket and his jeans shorts. The young husband couldn't keep himself held on his place. He kept looking from his left to his right, his eyes shaking. 

"Ahh, what's taking her so long?" he asked himself with his lips pouted childishly. "Oppa!" But just like on cue, Hayoung's voice echoed from behind that made him turn around. 

A smile fell on his face as soon as he saw Hayoung in her white polo shirt, dark denim jeans and her black Converse shoes, walking towards him. Everything about her is just perfect, he thought. 

"Hayoungie!" he called unto her but even before he could speak another word, Hayoung started shrieking and laughing. It was by then Jimin realized that she was carrying a huge luggage on her back. 

"Oppa! Help me oppa!" she cried and softly whimpered as she struggled to keep the bag lifted behind her. 

Immediately after hearing her SOS, Jimin jogged towards his lovely wife and took her bag from her. It was not that heavy from his point of view but he knew that it was still rightful to do it for his wife. After all, he wanted to show off his strength to her. 

"Ohhh, thank you oppa." Hayoung breathed out from relief as she watched the latter struggle on her bag. 

"Wahh, this is a lot of stuff!" he exclaimed to her when he hang the bag in front of him. Suddenly, if felt like he was carrying Apink's entire dorm from the weight of it. Hayoung just apologized and explained to him that a girl brings a lot of things naturally. 

"But still...wait- did you go here by yourself?" he asked her again, looking around to see if somebody came to help her. Hayoung shook her head in return and replied that her manager brought her there.

"Oppa, should I carry your bag? It seems lighter." Hayoung suggested out of the blue. They exchanged glances for a quick moment without any awkwardness. At least Jimin did not argue and subsequently gave his wife his almost empty bag. 

"Omo! This is so light." Hayoung's grin reached from one ear to another when she placed it on her back. It was way lighter than her bag. Apparently, she was being a real wife to him.

"Let's go. The cruise will leave in about an hour." Jimin glanced at his watch on his wrist after adjusting the bag on his back. When he was done, Jimin started moving and led Hayoung to the check in counter. 

He was just excited to spend this one night with his wife, and so was Hayoung who happily skipped behind him with her arm linked with Jimin's. While walkking, they talked about the things that they've done for the past months without the accompaniment of one another. Their stories were endless and that day was just too perfect.