Episode 6

We Got Married (Jimin & Hayoung)

SOON after the small event prepared by the husband, the brothers-in-law together with Hayoung went to a near restaurant to eat their dinner meal together. The atmosphere was filled with enjoyment and the awkwardness only lasted for a short while because of the other 6 boys who kept it alive.

As for the seating arrangement, it was decided by Bangtan Sonyeondan themselves. They actually planned it without Jimin knowing to make him and Hayoung sit near each other.

The seats ended up like this, from left to right of the round table; Taehyung, J-Hope, Suga, Rap Monster, Jin, Jungkook, the husband and finally, his wife.

Their first actual plot was actually to separate the two from each other, having them seated on the two ends. Hence, they visualized a complaining Jimin if ever they had done it. They knew that Jimin is quite annoying when he's protesting.

"I'm actually curious," everyone took a pause from looking at the menu to listen to Hayoung, "how did you...get my number?" She looked into Jimin's eyes with a cheeky smile that caused him to chuckle along with the other guys.

From the side, Jungkook spoke up for his hyung. "He had a hard time actually. Tell her the sad story, hyung." He exclaimed as J-Hope pat his shoulder in agreement.

Hayoung just nodded along as if she understands them even if she didn't really. "Really?" she blinked a few times with a soft smile at her brother-in-law then at her husband. Jimin on the other hand, wanted to keep it from her but since she already asked him about it, he decided to just tell her. 

He gulped half glass of his water before talking. "Actually, it was during one of our performances. I saw BTOB at the back stage and during that time I remembered that I still don't have your number and I forgot to ask you about it."

Everyone was holding in their laughter as they listen to Jimin, it's like anytime they could burst out laughing about it.

"I approached Sungjae that time. I pulled him to a corner so that I could ask him in private." As he talks, the Park husband also gestured some actions to bring the memory back to life. "I told him, 'Sungjae-ah, can I ask you something?', he has no reaction at first and told me, 'Sure', then I asked him if he perhaps know your number..." Jimin paused to breathe, "...then he left suddenly so I thought he was only trying to get your number from his phone. And I waited for him. But we were already called to stand by and he's not yet coming back--" 

The story was put on a short stop when their orders came and were served in front of them. But Taehyung finished it up for him. "And the next thing he knew, Sungjae already left the building."

Those words from Taehyung brought small laughters from the others. After then, Jungkook spoke up as well, "He looked very pitiful back then." The youngest successfully mocked his hyung once again that earned a look from the older.

"He kept whining and whining back then saying, 'awww where am I going to ask for Hayoungie's number," Rap Monster added on to tease Jimin. Suga also joined the younger and did some little teasing actions as well. "He said, 'hyuuung, what should I do?!'

Suddenly, Jimin couldn't in their conversation as the brothers-in-law and Hayoung had fun teasing him. He was obviously too outnumbered by them all.

"But you can just ask me directly, or maybe my manager." Hayoung said while handing Jimin his pair of chopsticks and a spoon, and then she stood up from her seat to open the lid of the huge bowl of galbi stew from the center of the table, helping her brothers-in-law on serving it.

As she does this, J-Hope continued on with the 'mocking Jimin mission'.

"He was just too shy, our Chimchim is too shy to ask for your number. That's why!" He said while puffing out his bottom lip, followed by Jimin himself who already found a way to re-join again.

"And I wanted to surprise you," the husband said that earned gawks from the others, "what?" he complained against s and then turned to his wife. "Aren't you surprised that I called you suddenly?" he asked only her with a soft voice. 

"I was," Hayoung nodded her head with a smile, "I was very surprised." She said while putting a spoonful of soup in Taehyung's bowl after giving him a plateful of the side dishes.

Jimin finally got ahold of what's happening and scolded Taehyung.

"Yah Kim Taehyung! Why are you making Hayoung do this for you?!" he stood up from his seat and looked at the second maknae with a pair of widened eyes.

It just made everyone laugh in the end, even the young wife who covered with her free hand as the other still held the serving spoon.

"Eyy, I'm just asking for a favor, that's all!" Taehyung protested to defend himself but that didn't convince Jimin at all. He just rattled his teeth in a joking way and gestured an 'I'm watching you' motion to the younger one. 

"Ehh, it's okay oppa," he heard Hayoung spoke on the other hand, "it makes me feel comfortable when I do this." She added, getting words of gratitudes from the brothers-in-law. Everyone kept saying 'thank you' towards their sister-in-law through a small bow to show it.

 

The wife grinned happily as she answered the question inside the black room.

Hayoung: I was not prepared to be honest...uhmm...I don't really know what to do...? And so, I just thought about it fast and realized that I should help in serving them. I just want my brothers-in-law to feel comfortable around me even if I'm still shy around them.

 

Jimin: I was actually scared...so scared that they might spill some exaggerated non-sense things. 

The young husband just laughed at the memories of that time when he first introduced Hayoung to s.

Jimin: And I was not wrong...

He rubbed his forehead with his right hand and shook his head with a soft sigh.

Jimin: ...they're really the best dudes ever. I swear!

 

"Anyway, what happened next?" Hayoung finally returned to her seat when she was done pouring her brothers-in-law's bowls with the hot soup, and with the help of her husband who was frustrated about s.

And just as he was about to answer, Jungkook spoke out of the blue. "He cried." Because of this, everyone laughed again, even Jimin himself who stood up again to jokingly hold Jungkook by his collar. "JEON JUNGKOOK!" 

Everybody's laughter faded out eventually and the story was prolonged by the husband with the request of everyone as well. "He just left me a message afterwards telling me to ask Namjoo-sshi." He said that surprised the 18 year old wife.

"Namjoo unnie?" she asked while exchanging glances with him, with her chopsticks stuck in . 

"Yepp," Jimin replied after stuffing a huge piece of meat in his own mouth, "he gave me Namjoo-sshi's number but not yours." 

For a moment, Hayoung felt more curious about it. "And then, what happened?" her voice started to sound colder than before as she spoke while poking her bowl with her chopsticks. But Jimin didn't take it into his heart because he still saw her smiling at it. 

"I sent Sungjae a text message asking him why he gave me her number then he replied that I should ask Namjoo myself. So," he paused to take a bite of the meat, "I did not have a choice but to ask Namjoo-sshi." He said while giving Hayoung an eye smile.

"But Namjoo unnie didn't tell me anything, we've been together for like every time. Although she kept asking me if somebody called." Hayoung her lips to clean any smudges of the soup before taking another sip of it.

"I told her not to tell you, oh, do you want to see her reply?" Jimin giggled inwardly after saying those words.

Eventually, he fished out his phone from his pocket and showed it to her without the intention of hiding anything. He even let her touch his phone, a thing that he doesn't usually do towards s. 

Shyly, the Oh wife read the exchange of messages between her husband and her unnie. She just laughed when she reached the last message Namjoo had sent him. It was after he told her to keep it a secret from Hayoung.

 

Reply from Namjoo-sshi: Don't you hurt our Hayoungie okay? Apink's watching you! *~*

 

"Ahh, no wonder Namjoo unnie kept asking me if you called me already..." 

As the two happily discussed about the message with their heads touching each other, a gloomy aura suddenly filled the people from Jungkook and beyond. They were silently eating while watching the two have fun, giggling with each other. It surely was awkward on their part. And the other 6 couldn't do anything but to exchange glances, stuff food inside their mouths, look at the camera and snort to themselves. Suddenly, they felt like they're just being a hindrance to the couple. 

"They're enjoying it to themselves now," Suga spoke with a cheeky grin and a low voice but loud enough to be heard through the microphone. 

"They're making us out of place now," J-Hope added to the mocking that created a laughable thing among the members, even the staff. But still, the couple was too delighted into their own world. Too delighted that they didn't even hear them speak. 

"Yah Park Jimin!" The eldest, Jin was the one to interrupt the couple who were still chuckling with one another. It successfully reached the husband though 'cause Jimin turned his head towards s after that. 

"Hmm hyung?" he asked the older while stuffing a meat inside his mouth. Accidentally, he spilled some oily soup on the hem of his jacket. 

Jin wasn't able to say what he wanted to tell Jimin because Hayoung suddenly reached out to Jimin and helped her husband wipe his clothes with him. This sight just made them feel more awkward than ever, or maybe envy of him.

"Nothing, nevermind!" Finally, Jin shook his head as a sign of defeat to the sweetness of Hayoung and the younger BTS member. 

Gradually, everything resumed to the normal state after that. The issue about Hayoung's number was resolved easily and a new more serious topic was opened to the table by Min Suga. It's about the couple's first impression about one another and what do they expect from each other for the rest of their marriage days. 

"Hmm," Hayoung started due to brother-in-law Suga's request. "I actually did not expect it to be Jiminnie oppa since Bangtan's still a rookie group." 

"Yes, we did not expect it either!" Again, everyone chuckled when Suga in with a punch line. Still and all, Jimin listened to Hayoung's sincere words instead of his brother's. He's already used to it, he thought.

"But, I think it's very interesting. To be honest, after our first meeting, I looked unto Jiminnie oppa in the internet." The wife chuckled softly when her brothers-in-law showed anticipation to her story. She earned 'oohs' and 'ahhs' from them.

"Really?" It was Jimin who showed the best reaction though. His cheeks already hurt from too much smiling. The husband just couldn't believe that Hayoung searched up for him.

"You're very much enthusiastic sister-in-law," Rap Monster nodded firmly towards the lady and then he turned to Jimin. "Yah Park Jimin, why don't you do the same for her?" he attacked him again that caused everyone to roar laughter.

It confused Hayoung a bit until it was cleared by Taehyung.

"He doesn't search you up in the net Hayoung-sshi." He said, followed by a serious look expression.

But you know Kim Taehyung, you don't know when he's serious, or not. Nonetheless, the people who know him knew that mostly, he's not. "During our break time, he only sleeps, eats, and practices. He doesn't give too much attention to you." 

"WHAT?" Jimin was starting to feel small from s' another wave of attacks. He wanted to defend himself but since they were so many, he just waited for his turn to speak. 

On the other hand, Hayoung felt as if she's slowly being squeezed just from hearing those words from her brother-in-law. They were quite enjoying it so the boys continued on. 

"We thought he's searching for you every time he holds his phone but I saw him...he's just watching dance videos, that entire day!" Jungkook snitched on him that made Hayoung pout. 

 

Hayoung: I was very disappointed. I mean, I was exerting effort because I like him, but...hearing those words...it's very disappointing.

 

"Wait, wait! Let me explain myself okay?" Jimin lifted out his arms as a sign of protest. At first Suga contrasted him saying, "What to explain huh? What to explain?" But Jimin just stayed firm. "Everything. Is it my turn to speak?" he asked. Gladly, the other boys gave him the floor to speak. 

"Okay fine, explain yourself!" Rap Monster exclaimed before taking a sip on his cold iced tea. 

"I'm also searching for her okay? It's just that I don't do it when I'm with you, I only do it when I'm alone 'cause I know you'd just be teasing me!" Jimin sounded so sure and sincere. He was indeed telling the truth, although his brothers never wanted to believe it. 

"Hmm, okay," the others said in chorus as planned led by Jin.

Hence, Hayoung didn't look convinced enough. Taehyung grinned secretly to the camera beside him when he noticed Hayoung's annoyed smile.

"Heyyy, you're upsetting our sister-in-law," Rap Monster teased more, this time to Hayoung who's forcing a soft smile now. Suddenly, Jimin pulled her into an awkward side embrace that surprised everyone.

"Okay, that's enough!" Jungkook pulled his hyung by the arm and laughed.

"But seriously, seriously," Suga interrupted them with a teasing smile, "Jimin must have liked you a lot since he's doing some stuffs he had never done before. He always speaks about you and brags about his marriage--that's really really annoying." The Bangtan rapper said to shift the atmosphere into something less serious.

Because of this, Hayoung felt lighter than before. "Doesn't he annoy you?" he asked the wife.

"Uhmm, no, not really. Jiminnie oppa is actually very fun to be with." She nodded her head a few times, telling them that her husband is a capable young man. 

"Really? No kidding?" Jungkook blurted out that made everyone to laugh again. "We're talking of the same Jimin here right? You're talking about Park Jiminnie hyung of Bangtan right?" He added with a widened eyes that made Jimin to hold him by his collar again, but in a joking way. 

"Of course, yes," Hayoung laughed along with them. "We're talking of the very sweet and caring Jiminnie oppa." 

Then again, the guys, even Jimin, felt cringes inside their bodies because of what they had heard from their sister-in-law. The husband blushed as well. You could see that he's liking what his wife had told s about him. Suddenly, he was very proud of his own self.

 

The husband snorted.

Jimin: I'm enjoying it. If you could see my members' reactions, I'm pretty sure you'd laugh at them. They're all very envy of me.

 

"Aigoo," J-Hope turned his head from one side to another as he stuffed a small piece of the cabbage inside his mouth. "Why are you like that Jimin-ah? Why are you showing kindness only to our sister-in-law?" The hope of the group exclaimed in a sulky manner. For them, it was the truth. 

 

Misun: Aigoo, it's because she's his wife. Every man must be kind to his wife!

Kyunghwan: Even if it's not his wife, men should treat women nicely.

Eric: Looks like you're kind to ALL women, hyung!

Kyunghwan: Uhmm, it depends.

 

"It's because unlike you, she treats me very kind." Jimin nodded his head happily to it and then stuck his tongue out towards them, followed by a sincere laughter. 

Just like an ambush, the young husband bombarded the other Bulletproof boys with a joking punch line. But the Bangtan members were not worried 'cause they outnumber him obviously so they could just wait until his wife is gone. The 19 year old husband didn't realize that, until they decided to go home.

"Thank you so much sister-in-law, for treating us kindly." Suga, as usual, represented the other members after that. And so, every one stood up from their seats to go home and rest. 

"Of course, if you need my help I'll always be ready to help." Hayoung replied to them, almost stuttering. Good thing she was able to stop her voice from cracking. 

"Then, can you do us a favor?" Jin asked from his place at the end of the row.

Nervousness filled Hayoung for moment when she heard that. Suddenly, she's not sure if she could do their favor or not. She hoped it's something within her capability. "Hmm, of course," she nodded her head once with a smile.

"Just treat our Jimin well," even at the eldest member, everyone exclaimed 'oohs' and 'ahhs' like they heard something disgusting. Still and all, they were sincere with those words even if they didn't sound real. "Just use brutal force if you can't get him through words." They added that made the couple laugh.

"Of course, I will!" Hayoung nodded before receiving their final goodbyes. 

"We'll be leaving then. We'll still see you at home Jiminnie! We still need to talk!" Suga hissed at him, still referring to what the latter had done a few moments before.

 

 

THE couple remained together even after the brothers-in-law had already left the premises. Instead, they decided to resume their 'us-time'. They walked along the street that leads to Apink's dorm. Jimin was carrying Hayoung's bag for her, since his own bag was carried away by s. 

"Soooo," the young husband started with a long tone, "what do you think of my members?" He his lips after that. The young husband was definitely nervous about what she's going to say. 

"They're...very...uhmm...funny?" He burst out laughing when she said that. He's just glad that Hayoung thinks positively of them during their first meeting. But so, he took her words as a compliment that he would gladly bring home to the other guys.

"Ohh, you think so? I think so too." The young husband nodded his head once about it.

Eventually, it was silent again afterwards. And it's not because they're still awkward with each other but because it's been a while since they last seen one another. Thus, they did not really know how to express how they missed their partner.

"Is the concert going well?" Hayoung asked to break the defeaning silence. 

"Yepp! In fact we're leaving for the Philippines at some time on the first week of December." Jimin reported to her like he needed to. He just wanted to tell her beforehand so she wouldn't have to worry about him.

For once again, Hayoung felt a bit down from it. They rarely see each other due to BTS' concert tour and she just couldn't do anything about it. She was thinking of attending to one of his concerts but due to her own busy schedule, she decided to postpone it. But she's definitely doing it.

"Then we're not going to see each other again?" her voice sounded disappointed, it even cracked but Jimin didn't notice.

"I guess," her husband raised his shoulder. He's also upset beacuse of it. He couldn't even last a week with his wife.

"I'm going to miss you...in fact, I miss you now." Those sweet words unknowingly brought Jimin to grin cheekily. He blushed and his eyes were formed into a line again. It only showed how happy he was just from hearing it.

"How about we do something the day after tomorrow?" Something told Jimin that Hayoung would respond negatively, the way she smiled sadly. And he was right. "I'm busy oppa, I'm doing a recording that day." She said.

"Hmm...how about next week?" Jimin prayed deep inside him. How he wished Hayoung's available that day.

"Sure. I think I'm free next week." She said, flattening her uniform skirt with her palms. 

"That's good," Jimin gladly rubbed his nape with a happy grin, "by the way, the uniform looks good on you."