Episode 13

We Got Married (Jimin & Hayoung)

RAIN was what greeted Hayoung first thing in the morning when she woke up the next day. She had her hair ponytailed loosely as she fiddled over her phone in the kitchen. And even if she's not sure about the possible outcome, Hayoung still gave all of her effort into making her first breakfast for Jimin. 

At first, she was just going on over the easy sandwiches until she found a waffle recipe in the internet. She clicked on the link and gathered all the ingredients that were available in their fridge. She smiled when she summoned everything, except for one.

"Aha! There's no syrup." She said before checking the cabinet above her. She's been in front of the stove but neither of the food she planned on cooking has been done. Fortunately, Jimin was still in his deep sleep. That fact gave her more time to prepare. 

When she completed gathering the ingredients needed, Hayoung started mixing and blending everything in the bowl. Diligently she followed the instruction written on the instant recipe. She had confused moments at the beginning but she overcome it as soon. The young wife all of a sudden discovered her talent in cooking, and she had it all good. 

It took her almost an hour to finish everything, and despite this long time, Jimin still had his rest on going. Hayoung even finished making a huge cup of hot chocolate for both of them but he was still wandering in la la land. 

"Oppa?" she called unto him when she was done fixing the table. The foods are all plated nicely, even their drinks looked like coffee shop made. She smiled when she knew that everything seemed perfect. Subsequently, she turned to face the bedroom and walked towards it. "Jimin oppa?" She recited in a singsong voice. After then, she sat on the side of the bed, shaking him lightly off of his sleep. 

"Hmm," Jimin groaned as she buried his face deeper into the pillow. His head felt as if it was breaking but he knew that he shouldn't stay in bed for so long. After all, he's been asleep for almost 12 hours already. 

"Come on, let's eat breakfast!" Hayoung said while patting his muscled arm a couple of times.

Jimin, at first, still hesitated to get up from the bed. But since he was awakened for the very first time by his lovely wife, he took the chance to savor the moment. He rolled onto his back, looked up at Hayoung's profile and smiled at her. He used that charming smile he always had.

"Good morning!" he greeted her, his smile gettting bigger as it lasted. He reached out to touch Hayoung's lower arm when and entangled his hand around hers. Even if Hayoung wanted to escape, Jimin did not let her.

"Good morning to you too! Come on, oppa! Your phone's been ringing." She reported to him as well, given that she's been hearing it ring since she woke up that morning.

"Is it raining?" Jimin asked when he noticed the glass sliding door closed by the balcony. Hayoung nodded her head as a reply, seeing her young husband sit up on the bed, on their bed. 

"Yeah! I made breakfast by the way." She insisted, lifted his hand that was on hers and breathed on the back of it. After that, she through pretending to be kissing his hand when she's not. Instead, it was him who kissed the back of her hand when she hesitated to do it. Hayoung blushed. "Hey! Come on, let's go!" She stood up on the end of the bed and started pulling him up. 

"Okay, okay, I'll get up." He shut his eyes close for a moment before carrying himself up into a sitting position. He blinked, rubbed his eyes and then blinked again as he looked around him. "Did you check out the house?" he asked her, hands still tangled with hers.

"Yepp! But I haven't seen the rooftop because of the rain." She said while swinging sideways their arms. 

"Oooh, there's a rooftop? Cool!" Jimin was finally up when he let go of Hayoung's hand and replaced it wth her back. 

Eventually, they arrived at the dining room a few steps away from the bedroom. When they did, Hayoung pushed him down his chair. She made him feel relaxed as she put the cup of the still hot chocolate in front of him and smiled. "Here oppa, drink this." She said, pushing the waffle closer to him. 

"Wow, you made all of these?" he asked her before biting on the waffle that looked almost burnt. He did not mind though because all he could think as of that moment was to make Hayoung happy. 

"Yes, at least I tried." Hayoung answered him, settled down on the space across his and joined him in breakfast. 

A gasp escaped from Jimin's lips when he got a taste of the waffle. It was not that good but it not bad as well. It matched perfectly with his taste buds. The eye contact he had with Hayoung made Jimin smile from one ear to another. 

"Is it good?" his young wife asked him with curiosity in her eyes.

"Yes, it's good." Jimin did not disappoint her with his answer though. "It makes me feel like singing." He added before clearing his throat as if preparing to sing out for Hayoung. She anticipated for it though, and hoped to hear his voice exclusively one more time. 

Casually, he began a verse smoothly like that.

 

Neo eodieseo wanneunji
Ni ireum al su inneunji
Nan neomunado gunggeumhae
Na jeongmal neomu gunggeumhae

 

Hayoung's smile, for once again, reached from one ear to another. That hasn't left her yet since the beginning of their marriage and she's hoping it won't ever leave. 

"Okay, okay, finish your food." She said, reached out to his 

Jimin finished a couple of waffles and chugged down his chocolate until the last drop. Hayoung watched him as he ate deliciously and somehow felt relieved about it. She was glad that he enjoyed the food she prepared for him. It was the most important of all.

"Oppa," she called unto him again and Jimin lifted up his head to look at her. "Your phone's ringing." She motioned towards the phone beside his mug and grabbed her own in her palms. She warmed her palms with the warmth from the cup as she glanced back towards his way. 

"Hello?" his eyes met hers when he placed the phone on his ears to answer the call. It was his mom that called, and Jimin was never excited like that before. "Mom!" he exclaimed happily like he never expected her to be calling. He also made sure that Hayoung would hear her so he put the phone into the loudspeaker mode. A smile appeared on the wife's mouth as soon as she heard her in-law's voice.

"How are you Jimin-ah?" she asked him worryingly like she never talked to him ever before. Jimin's face started to get red from it. 

"I'm fine mom, just a bit tired. I'm with my wife actually, do you want to talk to her?" It's not even a minute when Jimin diverted the conversation to Hayoung, and it suddenly made her nervous. 

 

Misun: It's always pressure to girls whenever they talk to their in-laws, especially mother-in-laws.

Rap Monster together with the others nodded their heads in understanding to what his senior had commented about. 

 

"Oh, you mean Hayoungie-ah? Sure, I'd love to." Mrs. Park answered before Jimin could give the phone to her. When he did, Hayoung cleared . And so, she grasped on the phone and placed it on the side of her head. She smiled as if her mother-in-law is right in front of her. Instead, Jimin beamed back in place of his mother. 

"Hello, mother...in-law?" she was still shy to call her by that endearment but it felt so right. It was like, she just earned herself another mother. Her heart started to beat so fast at that time. 

"Hayoungie-ah? Hello, our daughter-in-law. How are you doing? Is Jimin being good to you?" 

Hearing the words 'our' already made Hayoung blush, what more to be called 'daughter-in-law'? It made her totally happy when Jimin's mother referred her as to part of the family. Her smile grew wider than before. 

"I'm wonderful mother-in-law. And yes, I am just fine because Jimin oppa is taking good care of me." Hayoung was thankful that her voice didn't crack when she spoke. She felt like was suddenly dried because of too much nervousness. She never thought she'd talk to her mother-in-law as soon as that. 

"Oh really? That's good. I hope he treats you well. Jimin is a good son so I know he'll be a good husband too." She was now chuckling, Hayoung could hear. And then she heard him utter some tips about Jimin's food preferences and what does he usually loves to it. "We hope to see you soon too." Soon after, Mrs. Park concluded the conversation. 

"Thank you so much mother-in-law. I hope to see you soon too." The young wife finally said before returning the phone back to Jimin who also reported his goodbye to his Mom, promising her that they'll come soon. 

"Bye mom! See you soon!" he was giddy.

"Your mom is so cool." Hayoung lifted up a thumb in approval before taking the mug in her palms. She also took a mouthful slice of the pancake in. Jimin, on the other hand, grinned so proudly for the woman who had him for years. 

"True. But you know why I like you?" he surprised her with his sudden question, and didn't expect the next thing he was about to say. "Because you're like my mom. You're both cool and beautiful." He finished smoothly that enlightened Hayoung as soon as those words reached her ears. 

 

Hayoung: I've heard about it before...that guys usually likes girls who are like their mother. I mean, I'm not sure about the accurate number of people who thinks so, but usually...guys marry girls who are like their mothers. 

Her cheeks turned pink with the corners of her lips stretched out from one ear to another. 

 

"Anyways, I have to go to a fan meeting today." Jimin blurted out to break the sudden ice between them. It was a good kind of awkwardness but he's not just used to the butterflies in his stomach. He's still not used to it. 

"Oh! What time?" Hayoung said, feeding Jimin with a small piece of the waffle. After him, she also fed herself the very last part of the very last pan cake. Even her was shocked to see that Jimin was able to finish 3 of her product. She's very glad that Jimin seemed to like the breakfast she made. 

"Hm, after lunch?" Jimin nodded his head in assurance. And when he noticed that there's a bead of syrup at the corner of Hayoung's lips, he stretched out his arm to reach for it. Shortly, he rubbed his thumb over to remove it off of her cheek. Hayoung stuttered but never failed to show that she liked it too. 

"Oh, okay. But Jiminnie oppa..." she was taken aback all of a sudden, and it scared Jimin momentarily. "Hmm?" Jimin hummed curiously. 

"...how are we...going to have lunch?" Hayoung snorted at her own question while Jimin, almost choked on his hot chocolate from her shocker. She appeared to be a child in front of him as of that moment.

Truthfully, Hayoung, ever since they had settled down in their new house, has been having troubles about how to feed Jimin with good food. They were already assigned to live by themselves and so they had to do everything for them to survive. It made her realize the reality in marriages. Suddenly, she felt the huge responsibility of being the wife. 

"Ahh, right!" The young husband chuckled like he just thought of something. "What do you want to eat?" he asked her so coolly, he had not any problems about it at all. He's not even worried. At least that made his young wife relieved.

"Wahh, why? Are you going to cook for me?" she asked him, her elbow propped on the table and her chin on her palm. She looked at Jimin so lovingly that he couldn't help but to stare at her beautiful face. She was really something, and it was just the morning. 

"Well, I've learned a few stuffs from Jin hyung." He proudly shook his shoulders nevertheless. Jimin looked truly like a man in Hayoung's eyes when he told her that. Her worries flushed out of her after realizing that she has an amazing husband. She smiled afterwards.

"Okay, uhmm, anything. As long as it's edible." She joked a little that brought laughter into Jimin's mouth. 

 

 

SHORTLY after they finished cleaning up the table, Jimin and Hayoung stayed on the living room to spend a few hours of bondings together. Hayoung sat on the single couch while Jimin lied down on the carpeted floor. The young wife had her knees bended as she fiddled on her phone's screen, looking for something to do in the internet. Until later on, she felt a hand s around her ankle. 

"Kya!" she squealed in surprise before realizing that it was Jimin who attempted to pull her leg straight. The culprit behind this laughed at her precious reaction. He rolled around before sitting up while clapping his hands together. Hayoung glared towards him as he does so. "Oppa!" she acted like kicking Jimin but in the end just threw a pillow at him.

"What? I was going to say something." He defended, obvious that he's just giving an alibi.

"What is it?" she asked him, a little bit pissed from the shock.

"Okay, okay," Jimin was still laughing when he crawled to the tv set to get his phone, "let's take a selca." He suggested. It rapidly enlightened Hayoung 'cause she did not refused to do it. She was just sulky, but she did it anyways.

Jimin scooted in front of the couch were Hayoung was sitting and gently straighted her legs on his both sides. It astonished Hayoung when he did, but she let it be for she saw how eager Jimin was in what he was doing. After all, he already looked comfortable in front of her. But what surprised her was what he did afterwards.

"Hayoung-ah," he started. 

"Hmm?" Hayoung responded.

"Put your arms around my neck." He demanded bravely like he was not awkward at all. Hayoung's eyes widened up because of it.

 

Interviewer: You looked confident when you asked her to take a selca. Wasn't it awkward?

Jimin: I...don't look awkward? I was not trying to actually. Hahaha. Yeah but seriously, uhmm, I just wanted to take another step. I mean, we've been together for a while now and we've done some skinships before, I think, it's only right to take our relationship to another level.

 

"Ehh?!" She couldn't barely relax with that position, what more to do what he was asking for her to do? 

"Ahh, I'm suddenly cold." Jimin complained out of the blue. It just made Hayoung giggle when she heard him whine like a child, but he didn't stop his act. He even hugged himself just to show her that he was suddenly cold, without any reason. 

"The AC is off." She ignored his effort to make her cuddle him by the neck. But Jimin was not the type to give up. 

"But it's still cold--" and then Hayoung stopped him from talking when she comfortably wrapped her arms around his neck. She leaned closer too that her cheek was about to touch Jimin's. 

 

Jimin: I made sure that I would be able to control my feelings before I asked her such request, but when she really did it, I just...lost control. My heart started to beat faster. It was abnormally faster...and stronger.

 

"Ohhhh, Mrs. Park Jimin! This is so comfortable." Jimin whispered only for his wife to hear but Hayoung's mic was so near his mouth that it was still recorded and surprised the people who were watching them in the panel by the MBC building. 

 

Everyone gawked in surprise from what they had heard. Rap Monster rubbed his palms on the sides of his arms as he acted as if he felt tingles all over his body. 

Rap Monster: Ahh, I got goose bumps. Yahh Park Jimin! So cheesy.

 

Hayoung's giggle heightened Jimin' excitement as he leaned back against his wife. When he lifted his phone up with the front camera on, he saw how small the space between their face were. It made his heart flutter, his body warm and his smile at its widest. Hayoung slightly tilted her head to the side to look at him before pressing it against the side of his head. 

The video slowed down the same with how they felt the time had become when they were that close to each other. And after the long haul, they captured these moments that they would not surely forget. 

"One, two three, smile!" Jimin began clicking.

One after another, the young couple photographed themselves to almost endlessly. A pose followed by another, they got tons of pictures saved on their phone, and one of those pictures became the wallpaper of each; Hayoung picked the one where their lips are tucked out like ducks for her phone, and Jimin chose the one where they're both winking for his. 

Hayoung pulled back after the photo session but she still had her hands on his shoulders while they both look at the proof of their leveled up relationship. 

"Okay, that's enough for now. Let's cook lunch." Jimin suggested when he was done changing his phone's wallpaper. His smile won't leave his face as he carried himself up, thus, brought it with him in the kitchen. "Hmm. Let's see what's in the fridge." Jimin even made Hayoung giggle when suddenly, he shot her a wink before pulling the fridge door open to scan the full packed electronic cooling box. He gasped in surprised when he did, and then laughed giddily like he had never laughed before.

"It's daebak, right? We have so many foods!" Hayoung exclaimed while standing up herself towards his back. 

Slowly and surely, the couple spent their free time into making themselves a majestic lunch meal that Jimin learned from his Jin hyung. Hayoung added more ideas into it when she remembered a recipe Chorong had taught her before. It was the perfect afternoon and they did not want it to end. However, plans were already laid out for them that day and so, the couple had to be separated just to reunite a few days after once again. 

In everyone's surprise, Jimin gave Hayoung a tight embrace when he was about to leave the house for a schedule. He did not want to leave his wife by herself but he had no other choice. 

"Ahh, byeee oppa! See you soon!" Hayoung's voice was groggy like she's trying to stop herself from tearing up. 

"Okay, bye. See you soon! I'll miss you!" And just like that, Jimin stepped inside their van. He hesitated at first, waved a few more times and then sent her air kisses as he left.