Episode 11

We Got Married (Jimin & Hayoung)

WITH his hand on hers, Hayoung and Jimin entered the huge cruise boat with huge smiles on their faces. Their eyes wandered inside the ship as soon as they got in and they were truly amazed about how beautiful the view outside was from inside the hallway windows. They passed through the corridor towards the restaurant and was deeply immersed by it. 

"Wahhh, the view is daebak!" Jimin exclaimed as they moved towards the seats near the glass window, his eyes glued to the scenery outside. Thus, being a gentleman, Jimin pulled out a chair for Hayoung to be seated before settling down on his own. He even got his bag back and placed it leaning against the window under the table. 

"Wow, this is unbelievable." Hayoung fancied the view herself with her slightly opened mouth and when her husband saw it, he reached out to close it playfully.

"Eyyy," Hayoung whined jokingly when he did that. Her cheeks puffed out cutely likely to be a squirrel.

"Oh! Squirrel!" Jimin mocked her more, laughing happily while clapping his hands together. 

Apparently, Hayoung let him make fun of her like that 'cause she knew that he's tired from all the work. She made herself more understanding of her husband's hectic schedule. 

"You're making fun of me." She told him with a soft pout. He just nodded his head at her, mouthing 'I missed you' that made her chuckle. Hayoung is not that good when it comes to reading lips but she's excellent when it comes to guessing and she guessed it right. 

"I missed you too." She mouthed back at him with her hands beside her lips as if covering it from the sight of the camera.

 

Misun: Aigoo, this couple has been keeping a lot of things from the camera, huh?

Rapmonster: Yeah, it seems like it's getting real.

Eric: True.

 

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Jimin spoke without the voice again and smiled at her together with his handsome eye smile. Hayoung felt her cheeks lift from his greeting and noticed it reflect pink in her eyes. 

"Happy Valentine's Day too." She greeted him back, and with a sheepish chuckle. 

"Did you bring Hobi hyung's gift?" He changed topic out of the blue, afraid that he might say words more than those. After all, he had this urge to confess what he really feels, especially now that they're in a romantic place. 

"Ah yes, I did." Hayoung said with a fast response. And the first thing she brought out was the designer shades that J-Hope has given her. She popped it out of the case and immediately wore it after. Hayoung felt confident all of a sudden. 

"What do you think, oppa?" she asked him with her pouty lips, acting all y in front of him. Jimin just chuckled at the sight of her actions.

"You're not the only one who has that." He said, taking it out his own shades that pairs Hayoung's. 

"Ohh, is it a couple shades?" she told him with her chin on her palm and a smile unfaded on her face.

Jimin just hummed softly right after slipping the shades on his head. Everything went dark from his point of view and so, the young husband couldn't help but to laugh from it.

At that time, a waiter appeared with a menu in his hands and a red sheet hanging on his arm. The worker looked at them in awe as he found them really cute being together. Hence, he smiled when he spoke. "Can I take your order, Sir? Ma'am?" he placed the menu in front of them after. 

"Ahh of course." Jimin and Hayoung did not hesitate to take the glossy paper and scanned the lists of scrumptious foods. The couple momentarily removed their shades to have a better look. 

It only took them a few minutes to decide but when they were done, the couple went back to give each other their attention. Hayoung wore back the shades unlike Jimin who stayed put without it. Instead, he took out his phone and initiated a self-camera photo taking. Hayoung, like an ordinary girl, enjoy those things and so she agreed.

"Hayoungie-ah, smile." He lifted up his phone after opening the camera application. 

Jimin did it without a doubt and took photos as Hayoung poses differently at every snap. At first, Jimin was only keeping pictures where Hayoung was ready and all poised but later on, he captured ones when she's not. He pretended to be looking at the latter pictures even if he's not. Fortunately, Hayoung did not notice.

 

Rap Monster: Actually--I don't know if it's alright to say this but--his wallpaper is one of Hayoung's pictures.

Misun: Oh really?

Rap Monster: Yeah, it's actually cringe-worthy. Haha

 

"How's Japan, oppa??" Hayoung questioned curiously as she removed the shades off of her head, placing it into the case afterwards. She was making sure if Jimin had a lot of fun despite of work, and if he behaved.

"It's wonderful! The fans were amazing." He answered with excitement, still engrossed from the memories he had. For a moment, Hayoung felt jealous of the fans for receiving a lot of attention from Jimin. It was just for a moment and she realized soon that it was his job after all. 

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to go with you." She apologized as well.

The truth was, they had already decided to go to Japan together. But because of Hayoung's busy schedule for their summer comeback, her company did not allow her to move around. Thus, she sent him some messages and selcas to encourage him through out the concert.

"Eyy it's okay. There are more chances in the future." He comforted her while patting the back of her hand that rested on the table.

Despite this, Hayoung still tucked out her lips feeling guilty and disappointed. With a soft sigh, she did not know what else to say. Fortunately, Jimin saw something behind the flower vase that was invisible from the camera's point of view, and poked her fingers.

"Hayoungie-ah," he looked at her in the eyes and set out a sheepish chuckle while glancing at the wine glass on the side. Hayoung knew what he was trying to say but she just nervously chuckled.

"What?" she asked, playing dumb. Jimin pointed his lips towards the cold treat before lifting it up with his free hand to show at the camera. 

"Let's drink this! It's nothing compared to soju so I think it'll be fine." He was so sure about it. And his eyes sparkled the moment he took ahold of the bottle with both hands. From afar, they heard some restaurant staff saying that it's the best wine in the cruise and that they're giving it as wedding gift to the couple.

"OMG, really?" Hayoung asked them, receiving a nod from the manager. She bit back her nervousness.

"Heol! Let's drink this Hayoungie-ah!" Jimin said more, suddenly excited and lively. His eyes never left the wine's brand name. 

"It's my first time though, I mean drinking." Hayoung mumbled worryingly while looking at him. The wife was just worried that she might do some things beyond her control, after all, it's her first time.

"I'll take care of you." Jimin rest assured her, reached out to her hand again and gave it a squeeze. "Should I ask for their permission? I mean, mother-in-law?" He asked out of the blue that earned a gawk from Hayoung. 

"I'm pretty sure she wouldn't allow it." Hayoung her dried lips that even her lip balm did not work on.

"Let's just try." Jimin spread out his palm towards his wife as if asking for her phone. She gladly heeded his command and fished out her phone from her bag. She was hesitant at first and she was confident that Jimin would only fail with his attempt. Hayoung did not believe that her parents would allow her.

Jimin was nervous. He processed what he had to say in his mind the moment the phone rang through the loud speaker. He wanted to show Hayoung that he could take her parents approval by his own. "Hello?" his eyes widened up when he heard a masculine voice from the other line. It was Hayoung's dad who answered the phone and even the wife did not expect him to. 

"Dad? Hello!" She chuckled happily as if they haven't talked for long. "Why did you answer? Isn't this Mom's phone?" she asked in a joking manner and she just heard him laugh from the other side.

"Ahh, she's making dinner. Where are you? What are you doing?" he asked out of curiosity. He just wanted to make sure if his only daughter was doing well, and if her husband was treating her nicely. 

"Ahh, I'm on a vacation right now. I'm actually with Jiminnie oppa." She smiled while looking at her phone screen as if her father was right there in front of her.

"Really? Ohh, can I talk to him?" Jimin's heart palpitated faster than before when he heard him say that. All he could say to himself was, 'where has your confidence gone?' He laughed inwardly at himself.

"Sure. Let me give him the phone." Hayoung looked at Jimin with her lower lip beneath her upper teeth. On the other hand, her husband took it in his hands confidently. He flushed all of his nervousness away and he was then the brave Park Jimin. 

 

Misun: This is his chance to prove himself.

Rap Monster: He's so dead.

Everybody laughed at Bangtan's leader's comment which could be true too.

 

"Hello...Dad?" Jimin snorted silently when he attempted to call him 'Dad,' even Hayoung couldn't contain her laughter.

"Oh, son-in-law? Hello! How are you doing?" he heard the older say and Jimin just felt his heart stop from beating when he called him 'son-in-law.' His cheeks were lifted up to hide his eyes. 

 

Jimin: It felt really...great. My heart jumped so happily when he called me son-in-law. It's like I received a recognition more precious than any awards.

 

"Ahh, I'm good father-in-law. How about yourself?" he gulped silently, and with that, he glanced at his wife and saw her smiling at him. Her eyes screamed that she's very proud of him and he could feel it.

"I'm doing good too. You should come here sometimes and probably have a drink with me." He even offered and Jimin felt like he won the lottery for that. His smile reached from one ear to another.

"Of course, father-in-law. I will definitely come and visit if I find time." He answered him with his head down, hurting his cheeks from too much beaming.

"Are you taking care of my princess? Is she doing well as a wife?" Hayoung wanted to in the conversation but Jimin got the opportunity to speak first before her. She just waited 'til her turn.

"Yes father-in-law. So far so good. Hayoung's doing really well and she takes good care of me and me to her too." Jimin proudly announced to somehow not make him worried. After all, Jimin knew that Hayoung is an only child in the family.

"Ahh, is that so? That's good then. She might be a little stubborn but our Hayoung is a sweet child. She's good in taking care of people." Hayoung's heart shrunk when she heard him say that. She almost cried if only she didn't hold on.

"Thanks Dad, I'm like this because of you guys." She told him and Jimin admired her more for being the daughter who's very expressive when it comes to her parents. It's another side of her that she showed to him.

"Aigoo, you're all grown up now." They heard him sniff after he sighed. Hayoung blinked back at Jimin when they eyed each other. Together, they chuckled softly.

"Dad, are you crying?" Hayoung asked him but they just heard him hum a 'no.' Despite this, Hayoung knew that her Dad was being emotional just like how she feels right then. 

Hayoung ended up tearing her eyes as well. She bowed her head and covered her face with her palms. Jimin, on the other hand, stood up from his seat and moved behind her. At first, he rubbed the side of her arms to calm her down. Subsequently, he pressed her back on his chest and wrapped his arms around her from there. Jimin saw how her shoulders moved at her every breathe.

"It's okay, Hayoung-ah." He whispered repeatedly in her ears to comfort her. A little later on, the young husband heard his wife giggled lowly. Maybe it was for him not to worry. She only lifted up head after wiping the tears on her cheeks. "Aigoo, my cry baby wife! People might think I'm cheating on you if you'd keep crying like that." Jimin tried to enlighten the mood that he succeeded on shortly.

"Ahh, I'm sorry." Hayoung flashed a smile despite the hint of red in her eyes and nose. 

"You're worrying father-in-law. Dad, you still there?" Jimin turned to the phone and heard the older reply a 'yes' with a sniff. 

"Hey, don't cry Hayoungie! Dad is not crying, I have colds." Hayoung knew he was lying but she still played along, not to worry him as well.

"Okay, I won't cry anymore. I just missed you, Dad." She told him as Jimin reached out to rub his thumb on her cheeks. 

"We missed you too. Ahh- your Mom is asking if you had your dinner?" her Dad asked to change the topic into something lighter. Jimin lifted up his hand towards his Hayoung as if telling her that he'd answer it for her.

"Ahh, yes father-in-law. We're actually in a cruise ship restaurant and our order is coming right about now. But father-in-law, can I ask for your permission?" Jimin's smile stretched out even more, flashed his toothy grin and laughed a bit.

"What is it?" Mr. Oh's voice suddenly changed back into the normal authoritarian tone when he heard Jimin.

"Uhmm, the restaurant actually gifted us a glass of wine, can we drink it?" The young husband chewed on his bottom lip afterwards, suddenly nervous about his in-law's response. 

Hayoung was calmer when Jimin asked that and it just made her laugh when she saw Jimin acting cutely just to get her father's approval. He even had his index finger lifted as if he could see her father personally.

"Ohh, well, Hayoung's already 19, she can decide for herself." Jimin's mouth slightly parted, assuming that it's already a 'yes.' He grinned. "But don't force her if she doesn't want to." He also nodded his head, attentively.

"Of course father-in-law, thank you so much." Jimin raised a thumb up with a huge smile plastered on his face. Hayoung mirrored his action too, finally smiling happily towards the latter.

"No problem. Enjoy your vacation and don't make her cry, okay? I can't wait to see you too, son." Mr. Oh also thanked Jimin for being a patiently good husband to Hayoung and blessed the couple as the parent of the wife. When they were done saying goodbyes with each other, Hayoung hang up the phone.

"You must be close to your Dad?" he asked her when he reached out for her hand. After then, Jimin entangled his fingers in between hers. Maybe because of the tears so it felt warm but Jimin loved the heat it brings around his hand.

"Yeah, maybe because I'm an only child." Hayoung told him but something hinted Jimin that she's going to cry again.

"It's okay. I like girls who are close to their families. You look 10 times attractive now." Jimin complimented her again and the other couldn't contain her smile. "For now, we had their permission so we can drink! Mansae!" He added while raising his arms up happily. Both of them laughed in the end.

In a while, their orders came and the two started digging up in their food. They talked happily as they eat but they anticipated the drink more rather than the food. Their plates were only halfway to empty when they felt full. Apparently, Jimin initiated on the drink first. 

He grabbed the bottle of wine and asked for a waiter to open it. When it was finally ready to drink, he poured their glasses with the luxurious drink and made it clank. 

"Cheers!" Both of them shouted for joy before taking a sip on the bittersweet liquor. Jimin took it in smoothly but Hayoung had the time to adapt on it. She only appreciated the taste after three sips. 

"Ah! Oppa! You said you have a gift to me? What is it?" She asked while wiping with the table napkin in front of her. She also added, "You did not give your gift last time." She reminded him with her cheeks puffed out.

"Ahhh, right!" Only then Jimin realized that he indeed forgot to give her his gifts. And so, he got his bag from his side and ped the bigger pocket. But even before revealing his gifts, he shot Hayoung some short and teasing smirks. 

"What?" Hayoung asked him with a few blinks. It took him some time to answer and it seemed like he was suddenly excited to show it to her. "Oppa, are you still sober?" she joked, Jimin laughed at it.

"Of course! I'm just excited to show you my gifts." He said before fishing out his first gift. 

The first present was in a pink rectangular box. The moment she saw it, Hayoung already had an idea about what it could possibly be. It was an imported perfume from America. shaped into an 'o' when she saw the brand and learned that it was from a famous perfume maker. 

"Wow! Oppa, you didn't really have to buy me this. Geez, this must be expensive." She scolded him but Jimin just shrugged his shoulders proudly at her. 

Soon after spraying afew on her wrist and smelling it, Jimin brought out his second gift. Just like the first one, it was placed in a pink box. But this time, in a square shaped one. Hayoung's heart was filled with anticipation out of the blue.

"Omo!" Her eyes almost left her head when she saw the beautiful gift. The flower brooch looked really beautiful just from inside the box. She took it out carefully and studied the delicate piece. 

"Real flowers are too mainstream, plus it withers too so I thought, why not buy you a flower that doesn't wither?" Jimin rested his right arm on the table as he used the other to feed himself with the rest of his food.

"It's beautiful oppa, thank you so much." Hayoung's eyes started to get teary again and so, Jimin had to stop it from happening. 

"Wait! Don't cry first! I still have the third gift." He joked that somehow delayed Hayoung's tears from falling.

"Is it going to be a kiss?" Hayoung played along with him. It only choked him. Fortunately, there's a glass of water beside his wine. "Actually Hayoungie-ah, there's something I need to ask you." He spoke so seriously afterwards.

"What is it?" Hayoung tilted her head to one side as she waited for him to continue speaking. She saw how he nervously gulped in the water he drank before opening his mouth.

"Well, a marriage really can't happen without a proposal, right? Sooooo..." he bit on his bottom lip, composed himself and smiled toothily.

"Soooo?" his wife imitated how he spoke with her shoulders slightly raised. She peered at Jimin who brought his closed fist in the middle of the table and motioned for the lady to give him her hand. When Hayoung did, he asked. "Oh Hayoung-sshi, will you marry me?"

Hayoung's eyes widened up after hearing him say, her jaw dropped and her cheeks tinted red. Eventually, she felt a thing drop from Jimin's palm down to hers. She retrieved her hand after so she could take a look at what it is. 

The young wife's lips trembled the moment she saw the last gift which was her most awaited ring. She held the sentimental ring in between her thumb and index finger lifting it up to show Jimin. Her eyes met the other's with her heart drowned with overhwelming feeling.

 

Jimin: Actually I wanted to give her a kiss but...I think, a proposal would be a better gift.

 

"Park Jimin-sshi," she momentarily looked down with a smile, "I'd love to." She nodded her head followed by a high five with Jimin. 

Soon after, Jimin took the ring from Hayoung and put it on her ring finger. With that, they heard the people around them clap their hands cheering for them, including the other guests and tourists. Both of them felt embarrassed because of it, timidly smiling back.

 

 

*Click on the words; perfume, flower brooch, and ring, to see how it looks like. ^^