Episode 3

We Got Married (Jimin & Hayoung)

THE young couple settled down the seats nearest to the window where Hayoung had chosen to sit at. Of course as the husband, Jimin pulled out the white chair for his wife before lodging down on his space across her.

"What do you want to eat, Hayoung-ah?" he asked her with a smile, not to mention in a more comfortable informal way. They both agreed to be casual with each other after all. It could be awkward at first, but they're trying.

"Uhmm, I think I'd have some bulgogi." Hayoung cheered happily while looking unto the menu by the table. She scanned the pictures and the prices, especially the prices that made her like a real wife.

"Do you know how to grill the meat?" Jimin asked though, just out of curiosity. 

"Hmm, quite," Hayoung replied with a swift nod and a wonderful smile, and then turned to look at her husband, "I learned it from my unnies." She added while crossing her arms on the table.

"Ah really? Do you cook?" Jimin questioned slowly getting to know more about his beautiful wife. His smile was very visible the entire time and he couldn't deny that the presence of Hayoung brought it out in him. 

"Not really, but I'm slowly learning from my mother and my unnies." She said as one of the restaurant's waiters approached them finally.

The hardworking young man walked to them with a grin and asked them their favored food that Jimin gladly did on behalf of his wife. When he was gone, Jimin turned his attention back to his Hayoung. 

Silence filled the atmosphere for quite some time and none of the two wanted to speak. They just glanced at each other like that, finding it very awkward to start the talking at any moment, until finally, the young husband had gathered all of his senses to start a conversation.

 

Jimin: It's really not like me, like seriously. If you would ask my Bangtan members they would tell you the same. I'm naturally very talkative that annoys my members. But to her...uhmm...just no.

Interviewer: Why do you think you're getting tongue-tied in front of your wife?

The 20 year old husband looked down the floor with a very visible grin on his face. He even covered his face with his right arm to not show that he's blushing at the question. Then, he shook his head almost violently.

Jimin: Hmm...I'm not sure. Maybe because I have a very beautiful wife.

 

"Oh right, should we write like a list of plans? Just to where we should go?" he asked out of nowhere. Hayoung wasn't able to hear it clear at first so she leaned closer to ask for his pardon. "Hmm?" she hummed in a questioning way.

"Like a wish list?" Jimin explained further in return, grinning widely like he couldn't fight it. A playful romantic love song played in the background as the camera panned towards his flushed face.

"Hmm, okay." His wife nodded at it.

Subsequently, the newly married young couple decided to talk about the possible activities that they're going to do together for the rest of their WGM experience. It was Jimin who brought out his phone to type in all of their plans in his smart phone note app. 

"Should we go swimming?" he stared at his phone as he started to give out his suggestions. In full honesty, Jimin did not think of it well that swimming is not really a good event for it's almost winter. But he still said it anyway, just to begin the list.

In contrary, the wife knew about that detail her husband had forgotten. "Swimming first?" she asked him with teasing gazes..

In panic, Jimin changed his mind and defied what he had said first. "Oh sorry, I forgot it's October." He chuckled cheerfully with his wife at the thought.

Nevertheless, Hayoung did not let her husband feel embarrassed and smiled. "But it's good...I think. You should list it," she said, "it could be fun. Maybe we should do it...hmm...next year?"

"I agree! Let's just list it all down first then arrange it later on." Jimin nodded in agreement before typing in the word to his new to-do-list. He even entitled the note with: Dates with my wife.

Still in the midst of everything, a thought suddenly lighted up the husband's young man mind bulb. He hesitated to ask her again but still did it in the end. He stuttered. "Talking about swimming, have you tried...y-you know, wearing swim wears?"

The wife on the other hand, couldn't hide her amusement towards the husband's curious question. She knew she had to be honest, and so she did. "Yeah, I've tried it a few times, during one of our reality shows." She nodded happily after calming down from her chortling. 

"Oh really?" her husband exclaimed in surprise. 

"My unnies wore swim wears too," Hayoung responded fast to it, to avoid misunderstandings and all. But Jimin was still there, left astonished of his wife's honest answer. He couldn't imagine her being daring and all. 

 

Interviewer: What did you do when you heard about her wearing swimsuits?

Jimin: Actually, I watched it the night after she said that she did. And...

He took quite a long time to answer, and he responded after his lips to moist it. 

Jimin: ...I really don't know what to say. I mean, she looks good in that episode. 

And then the husband covered his mouth with his sleeves and chuckled cheerfully on his seat. When he calmed down, he puffed out his bottom lip.

 

"Why did you suddenly ask Jiminnie oppa?" Hayoung leaned both of her elbows against the table in front of her then rested her chin in between of her closed palms. A beautiful view to look at, Jimin thought with a smile. 

"Nothing, I'm just curious." He lightly shook his head as a reply. 

Never did he expect that his wife would interrogate him as well. He was not prepared. "How about you? Have you tried wearing swim wears?" she asked with her head tilted to one side, like she was expecting him to answer truthfully. Jimin did not disappoint her in the end. 

"Nahh, I only wore shorts and sleeveless shirts. But," he cleared his throat softly, "I once removed my top shirt when we're in Thailand."

"Ohh I see," Hayoung spoke unfinished and resumed after a long minute of silence, "but you showed too much skin during promotions anyways, right?" she added. Suddenly, Jimin choked from his seat and released out a true laugh. 

 

Because of this fast-approach and straight-forward conversation, the couple earned a laugh from the audience watching them from the studio.

Eric: Yahhh, what's with this conversation?!

Misun: They're still young I guess.

Kyunghwan: How can kids these days be comfortable talking about this?

 

Interviewer: Are you comfortable talking about those things with your husband?

The wife shyly covered her face with her palms while giggling towards the question.

Hayoung: Actually, no. I really didn't know what to say to him. I was really really surprised when he asked me that, like I was still adjusting and all. But I'm glad that he felt comfortable around me, that's the most important. At least he could converse with me about those things comfortably. 

 

Jimin was really thankful later on when their ordered food finally arrived right after that conversation, or else it would be very awkward again. The two kept silent as the waiter guy from a while ago served them their foods. Jimin, who couldn't help it, kept on glancing at the guy with a pair of sharp eyes as the other kept on stealing glances from Hayoung.

"Thank you so much hyung!" he mocked the waiter as the latter couldn't help himself but to chuckle along the, somewhat, cautious husband. Finally, the waiter bowed and left the two by themselves.

"Thank you fo the food!" Both of them announced gratitude for the food before digging into the delicious treat. With the meat at Jimin's right side, the cheesy ddeokbeokki in front of Hayoung, and the other side dishes arranged deliciously before them. The two enjoyed the rest of the evening with a very nice dinner. 

"Hmm, I really like cheese ddeokbeokki." The wife commented while enjoying the soup that she's slurping after taking a huge bite of her favorite side dish.

Without knowing it, she accidentally spilled some sauce on the left corner of . In a flash, Jimin saw this and rapidly reached for his handkerchief to wipe it for her. Eventually, she thanked him with a smile, "Oh thank you so much." 

"Eyy, that's nothing." He shook his head lightly before sitting back to his seat, and then resumed eating. 

Then again, a long moment of silence filled them two. It was not really awkward, no one just wanted to talk since they're enjoying the food like they had never eaten so much before. 

A few more slurps, gulps, and stuffs had gone and Jimin finally re-started a conversation to break the forming ice between them two. "Should we continue the list?" he asked while wiping his mouth with his handkerchief that he had used to wipe his wife's mouth. 

 

Choa: Omo! Isn't that an indirect kiss?

The younger female MC pointed at the screen in an exaggerated manner that made Kyunghwan to shake his head towards his fellow panel. 

Eric: He used the other corner of the hanky Choa-sshi.

 

"Hmm okay," the Apink maknae nodded at him as an agreement but while still enjoying stuffing some egg rolls in .

"How about something related to winter?" Jimin inquired as he got his phone from his side, and then he opened the app where he was listing down the things that his wife dictates. 

"Oh!" the younger exclaimed suddenly, with her hand raised a bit, "Let's go skiing, or sledding!" she muttered cheerfully, looking very excited about it. 

He wanted that idea too and so without any hesitations, Jimin added 'skiing' and 'sledding' in his list. "I understand, let's do ski and sled." He chuckled happily afterwards. "What else?"

Now, Jimin lifted up his left elbow over the small space on the table and leaned it against the flat surface, resting his cheek on his palm while circling his phone with his freehand. Since then, Hayoung found herself having such a cool and handsome partner. 

"How about you oppa? What do you want to do?" she asked him with a few soft blinks, still in that same position she had a moment ago. 

 

Misun: Isn't this romantic?

Eric: Yeah, like a scene from the drama Secret Garden?

Choa: That's right!

 

It took him sometime before he could answer, but whatever he spoke right after made Hayoung to flush inwardly. "Anywhere is okay, as long as I'm with you." He said proudly with a few nods and a huge happy grin.

"Eyyy," she crinkled her nose bridge at him when he said that and chortled softly along with him. 

"Seriously," Jimin insisted, "I can go anywhere with you." He finished up coolly when he looked straight into Hayoung's eyes. Because of it, the wife knew that he's telling the truth. In return, she spoke the same as he did. "Me too," she said, fixing the jacket around her, "I'd go anywhere with you, oppa."

After after a few hours of talking and having fun, the two had decided to do 10 things for the rest of their days as a virtual married couple. They had some arguments at some parts but they resolutioned it well through conditions.

  1. swimming in summer
  2. skiing in winter
  3. sledding in winter 
  4. extreme sports together
  5. barbeque party at our marital home
  6. meet each other's group mates.
  7. go on our honeymoon trip (abroad please)
  8. couple merchandise
  9. adopt a puppy
  10. perform a stage together.

 

Interviewer: What do you think of the list you had made with your husband?

With a beautiful sincere smile, Hayoung flashed a happy expression to the camera register.

Hayoung: I'm very excited to do them all. I'm very, very excited to do them all.

 

Interviewer: What do you think of the list you had made with your wife?

Jimin just showed everyone his popular cheeky eye smile as he answered the question truthfully.

Jimin: I'm ready! I'm ready to do it all with her.