Seventeen

That Man's Child

Guess who's back with a new chapter for this story??? yeah, me XD


Jonghyun had a hard time sleeping that night. Hell, he might not be able to sleep at all considering how much of a mess the inside of his head right now. He kept thinking about his mother’s words over and over again.

“He must have a strong reason for doing so. Take your time, sweetheart. Only talk to him when your head is all cleared up and your heart is at peace.”

He was sure that she was right. It didn’t make him feel alright though. He was a mixed of confusion, wonder, angry, happy, relieved and hurt. He wanted to see Jinki so badly. He wanted to see his child and hugged him tight and never let go.

***

Jonghyun had to admit that being friend with Jinki was wonderful. Jinki was such a kind and caring person.

Aside from the times they had spent at a random cafe or sometimes at the library to work on their project, Jonghyun had spent a good amount of time with Jinki - and his friends - to hang out as friends. He joined them for lunch at least once a week. There were also times when Jinki would invite him to watch Minho practice which Jonghyun only agreed because he got to see the cheerleader squad.

Despite the frequent meetings, Minho and Taemin had yet to warm up to him. He actually didn’t mind because he was there for Jinki but it would be more comfortable if Taemin would stop staring at him in a weird way and if Minho would stop glaring at him.

When they were done with their English project, Jinki made him promise to hang around with them, in which Jonghyun agreed immediately.

As time passed by, Jonghyun grew a lot closer to Jinki and started asking him to hang out with his group of friends, which was only fair because he did it too with Taemin and Minho. Jinki didn’t mind the request.

By spending time with Jonghyun’s peer, there was unexpectedly a lot of thing Jinki learn about Jonghyun. Jinki learnt that Jonghyun was quite popular with girls. He also learnt that when he invited him to see Minho practice, he was actually going for the sake of checking out the cheerleader squads.

 

It was around the start of their last semester of high school when Taemin and Minho started moving in together in an apartment not far from school. It was a long discussion between the three of them before they finally decided to move out.

Minho and Taemin could get way too lovey dovey and that was normal because they were couple but that didn’t mean Jinki had to deal with it all the time. So when they came up with that plan, Jinki told them that it was fine if they wanted to move out, that he didn’t feel offended or left out. If anything, he was happy for them. It was a huge step in a relationship. Besides, Jinki could still visit them and vice versa.

When Jonghyun knew that Minho and Taemin were no longer living with Jinki, Jonghyun started to crash on his place more often. Sometimes he slept over Jinki’s place when he was too tired to go home or when he had a schedule early in the morning. Jinki didn’t mind it because hey, they were close enough to have a sleepover. Besides, his place was closer than Jonghyun’s house.

One day, much to Minho and Taemin’s dismay, Jonghyun asked Jinki if he could be his roommate. Jinki thought that was a good idea. They could share the expense and save him some money. The first few weeks were great, both of them thought so, except for the times when the couple visited them and gave Jonghyun the cold treatment he had to fake a schedule to get out of there. He wished Jinki would realise that Minho and Taemin did not like him and finally stopped making them hang out together.

 

“I think you like him too much, hyung.” Taemin complained.

“Not as much as I like you and Minho.”

“Liar! You like him more!”

Jinki sighed. He really did not want to play who like who more with Taemin. “Tae baby, how could it be possible for me to like him better than the two of you? I know you longer and a lot closer and deeper, okay? Let’s not talk about this anymore. I really want to hear the song you composed last week. Come on, show it to me.” That did the trick. Taemin soon forgot about the topic and showed off his new composed song.

Jinki knew he had to come up with a plan to unite the three of them very soon because he couldn’t stand the fight anymore. He knew that Jonghyun didn’t have that ‘plan’ with his friends, he just couldn’t stand the way the couple treat him. He also knew that the couple did not seem to have any intention to get to know Jonghyun. Even though he knew that Taemin must had a good reason for it.