The First Meeting

Forever Young
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yugyeom!” Jinyoung shouted as he saw his younger friend walking down the hall, waving excitedly at him. “How was your summer?”

“Hyung!” Yugyeom cried, running over to his best friend. “I thought you were going to stay in Japan for high school!”

“And leave my best friend alone?” Jinyoung asked, throwing his arm around Yugyeom’s shoulders. “No way! And with my dad’s company, he wouldn’t be able to afford that. He has all his idols to take care of.”

“Right right,” Yugyeom replied, nodding his head.

“I saw your brother’s drama, by the way. I can’t believe he finally debuted as an actor! Why didn’t you tell me?!” Jinyoung asked, smacking Yugyeom on the shoulder. “I should’ve been told that my best friend’s brother was debuting as the all famous rookie actor, L Kim!”

“Eh-L Kim?” a small voice asked from next to them, causing them to turn and find an awkward, blond haired boy standing there. “D-did you s-say Eh-L K-kim?”

“Yeah,” Yugyeom replied, nodding his head. “He’s my brother.”

“R-really?” the boy asked in a whisper with wide eyes, a blush spreading across his face. “Th-that’s so cool.”

“Yeah, are you a fan?’ Yugyeom asked.

“Uh, yeah,” the boy replied, before running away as fast as he could, a blush still spread across his cheeks.

“Wow. He’s like the cutest thing I’ve seen in the whole wide world,” Jinyoung said with a fond smile.

“Hyung,” Yugyeom said, turning on Jinyoung. “Don’t tell me you’re gonna crush on him now. Wait... Are you gay?”

“Is there a problem with me being gay?” Jinyoung asked his friend. “Better yet, is there a problem with me crushing on such a cute boy like him?”

“Since when were you gay?” Yugyeom asked, frowning.

“Since forever,” Jinyoung replied. “I thought you knew. You are my best friend, so shouldn’t you know that.”

“Well I don’t know,” Yugyeom stated. “You never told me. But it is a little... shocking.”

“Then get over your shock,” Jinyoung ordered, waving him off. “Come on, we need to go find out more about this little cute boy.”

...

Later that week, Jinyoung was sitting in class while the teacher talked about a project everyone would have to do. Everyone would have to split into pairs and create a video of something they’re good at. The teacher said she would be picking the partners, because she wanted everyone to get to know someone new. Jinyoung sighed at the news and scanned the room, spotting the cute boy sitting in the way back, his head down while he stared out the window. This past week, Jinyoung learned that the boy was really shy and never spoke up unless spoken to first. It made him even cuter.

“Park Jinyoung,” the teacher called, snapping the boy out of it and causing him to turn on her. “I would like you to pair with Choi Youngjae.”

“Who’s that?” JInyoung asked with a frown, looking around the room.

“Youngjae-sshi, please raise your hand. Jinyoung, I would like you to move to sit next to your partner so that you two can start discussing your project,” the teacher ordered.

“Yes ma’am,” Jinyoung replied, scanning the room for his new partner.

Suddenly the cute blond boy slowly raised his hand. Jinyoung stared at him in surprise, dropping his pen to the ground. Beside him, Yugyeom let out a small laugh, before patting Jinyoung on the shoulder. He whispered a small ‘good luck,’ before pushing Jinyoung out of his seat. Jinyoung slowly stood up and awkwardly made his way over to Youngjae.

“H-hi,” Jinyoung said a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter