Forgive Me

Forever Young
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you okay?” Jimin asked, watching Youngjae as he absentmindedly stared at his phone, twirling it around in his fingers.

“What? Huh?” Youngjae asked, looking up at Jimin.

“I asked if you’re okay,” Jimin said with a sigh. “You’ve been so quiet and out of it for the last couple days. Is there something going on?”

“No, there’s nothing,” Youngjae said, shaking his head and giving him a small smile. “Do you want to go do something?”

“Well, I was working on homework,” Jimin said with a frown. “We have this project due tomorrow, did you forget?”

“Oh, I must have,” Youngjae said, setting down his phone.

“You’re supposed to be helping me on this project, Youngjae,” Jimin scolded him. “This is OUR assignment. I’m not failing this project because you’re spacing out all the time.”

“Sorry, hyung, sorry,” Youngjae apologized, bowing his head. “What all did you get done?”

“I finished talking about the different aspects of a guitar, like saying which chord is which... But we need to make a 3D model,” Jimin told him. “I’m awful with art and 3D.”

“Do you want me to draw it or build it in 3D?” Youngjae asked him.

“That’s your decision,” Jimin replied as he took out a poster board and started copying down all his notes.

“What’s up with the history section?” Youngjae asked, looking over the notes.

“We’re supposed to have the history about it,” Jimin told him. “Do you seriously not remember? What’s wrong with you, Youngjae? I thought you were different than this! Yugyeom told me you were the top in your class! I don’t know how you were top in your class if you’re not even focusing on our homework assignment.”

“I always waited till last minute to do homework,” Youngjae admitted. “I’m smart, yes, but that doesn’t mean I’m reliable.”

“That proves that the only reason I chose you as my partner is because you’re my boyfriend,” Jimin said with a sigh. “I should have let Bam Bam or Yugyeom pair up with you.”

“Yugyeom paired up with Jinyoung,” Youngjae said, looking away. “If he didn’t, Jinyoung wouldn’t have a partner cause he doesn’t know anyone.”

“Aish! Will you stop talking about Jinyoung?!” Jimin shouted, jumping up and alerting his roommate who was dozing off on the couch. “That’s all you ever do! Jinyoung this, Jinyoung that! I’m so tired of it!”

“Yah, Jimin, calm down,” Hoseok said with a sigh. “Don’t yell at the poor boy. He’s just confused.”

“I’m sorry,” Youngjae whispered, standing up and gathering all his stuff. “I... I need to go. I’ll have the model done before class tomorrow.”

And like that, Youngjae was out the door. Jimin watched in surprise as the boy left, before turning on Hoseok. Hoseok just sighed and shook his head, causing Jimin to frown. He didn’t know what was going on, and he didn’t like it. He didn’t like a distant Youngjae.

“What was that about?” Jimin asked his roommate.

“He’s just going through a lot. Give him time to think,” Hoseok told him. “At this rate, I think he’s finally realizing his true feelings.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Jimin-ah, I know you like him,” Hoseok started, “but you might need to let him go. You know very well that he and Jinyoung have known each other for years. You also know that he likes Jinyoung. He might not know that he likes Jinyoung, but once he does, you’re going to have to let him go. He won’t want to hurt you. Once he realizes that he likes Jinyoung, he’s going to feel guilty towards you cause he’ll hate the fact that he likes someone when he’s dating someone else. It’s for your case and for his, Jimin. It will be hard. For both of you. But it’s the best thing to do.”

“But, I-”

“College relationships are difficult, aren’t they?” Hoseok asked him. “You barely knew him, yet you still got together with him. This is what happens when you get together with someone you don’t know. I’m sorry Jimin, but it’s time to make a decision. Do you want to hold on to him and hurt you both, or do you want to let him go and let him be happy? If you like him, then his happiness should be what matters first.”

 

...

 

“Jr hyung! You pieced it together wrong!” Yugyeom groaned as he watched Jinyoung try to model their drum set. “I don’t know how you even got it wrong! Drums should be easy!”

“Do you need me to help you?” Mark asked as he walked into the living room, watching the two struggle to get their project done at eleven o’clock at night.

“Yeah, snap some sense into this guy!” Yugyeom cried, frowning at his best friend who started taking everything apart.

“Yah, I’m trying!” Jinyoung cried, shaking his head. “It’s just so hard!”

“How is piecing a drum set together hard?” Bam Bam asked as he walked out of his bedroom, glaring at the boy.

“Why are you being so harsh, Kumpimook?” Mark asked, taking the pieces away from Jinyoung and starting to work on it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter