We're Not Alone

Forever Young
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We’re going camping!” Yugyeom announced that later day at lunch as he, his roommates, his best friends and Jaebum all gathered around inside a small cafe close to the school campus.

“Camping? Who decided that?” Jackson asked, twirling spaghetti onto his fork and stuffing a huge mouthful into his mouth. “I don’t remember anyone asking me this.”

“Don’t talk with your mouth full, that’s disgusting,” Mark said, rolling his eyes at his roommate. “But please elaborate, Yugyeom-ah.”

“So after acting class today, my brother came up to me and told me that he, my brother Sunggyu, and Woohyun hyung found this old haunted house and they want all of us to stay with them there for the whole weekend,” Yugyeom told them. “They’ll be picking us up tonight at seven.”

“A-a haunted house?” Youngjae asked nervously, looking around at the guys sitting at the table.

“That sounds so awesome!” Jackson cheered, spraying food everywhere. “I’m so in!”

“Me too,” Mark agreed, nodding his head.

“I love haunted things,” Bam Bam agreed with a small smile.

“I’m so in,” Jaebum said, nodding his head.

“You know I’m always up to that stuff!” Jinyoung cried with a wide grin.

“Then it’s settled! We’re going to a haunted house!” Yugyeom cheered happily, causing Youngjae to gulp and slump down in his seat. He was not looking forward to this.

 

...

 

“Are you guys ready?” Sunggyu asked as everyone clambered into the small bus he rented for the weekend.

“Yes! Let’s go go go!” Yugyeom cried, rushing to the back of the bus with Jackson, not before greeting Woohyun and Myungsoo.

“Wow, I’ve never seen Yugyeom so excited,” Mark remarked as everyone sat down.

“Oh, my brother is a er for these things,” Sunggyu replied, closing the doors and starting the engine.

“Hey, who are you?” Jackson asked, spotting a pretty boy sitting alone on the bus.

“You invited Sungjong hyung along?” Yugyeom asked Myungsoo. “Sweet! The more the merrier!”

“Sweet! Hyung!” Jaebum cried, sitting down next to Sungjong. “I’ll sit with you!”

And like that, Jackson and Yugyeom sat together. Bam Bam and Mark sat together. Woohyun and Myungsoo sat together. This left Youngjae to sit down next to Jinyoung. They haven’t said anything to each other after the kiss they shared that morning, so the whole air got awkward around them.

“And we’re off!” Sunggyu cried, causing everyone but Youngjae to cheer.

Youngjae stared out the window for most of the trip, not joining in on any conversations and trying to distract himself from any straying thoughts about Jinyoung. He’s never felt this confused about someone before. He did, however, wanted to kiss Jinyoung right then and there. Just that one kiss made him addicted to the boy’s lips. He didn’t know where that boldness came from.

“Hey Youngjae!” Woohyun called, turning everyone’s attention to the boy. “What’s wrong with you? You’re usually very energetic and loud. What happened?”

“He’s just going through a lot,” Yugyeom spoke up for his friend. “His boyfriend just broke up with him today.”

“Because he kissed Jinyoung,” Myungsoo added, causing everyone in the bus who didn’t know to gasp in surprise.

“You two KISSED?!” Sunggyu asked in surprise. “And you two aren’t together yet? Why not! You’ve both been painfully obvious about liking each other. Can’t you just get together already?”

“That’s what I’m saying!” Myungsoo replied, nodding his head. “You two need to get together like right now.  We can’t be sitting-”

And Jinyoung pulled Youngjae into yet another kiss, right then and there, in front of all their friends. Youngjae’s eyes widened in surprise as Jinyoung kissed he. He wasn’t expecting that to happen, and he wasn’t sure on how to react. For the second time that day his best friend was kissing him, and he couldn’t be any happier. After a moment of thought, Youngjae kissed him back.

“Youngjae,” Jinyoung whispered after he pulled away from the kiss, holding Youngjae’s forehead to his own and staring right into his eyes. “Will you let go of all the past mistakes and agree to letting me like you? I know I hurt you and I’m terribly sorry.”
“Well yeah, I-”

“I should have asked you this a long time ago,” Jinyoung said, not breaking eye contact with the younger boy. “But Choi Youngjae, will you be my boyfriend? I like you more than anything and I never want to let you go. I love you, Choi Youngjae. Please accept my heart.”

“I-”

“Just say yes!” the whole bus yelled, causing the younger boy to blush.

“Okay,” Youngjae finally agreed.

“Thank you!” Jinyoung cried, kissing him once again. “Thank you thank you thank you!”

 

...

 

“Youngjae, why aren’t you coming in?” Jinyoung asked, looking at the younger boy who stood frozen outside the front door.

“I-it’s creepy in there,” Youngjae said, shaking his head. “I don’t like scary things.”

“It’s creepier ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter