Rory vs. Suyeon

Epik academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

POV Miss G

Most. Boring. Lesson. Ever! I changed my sitting position yet again, sitting on the small bench in the special arena that was meant for fighting technique lessons. Everyone enjoyed these lessons a lot, except me, it seems, because I simply can't join! It would be a disaster if I used my power, it is like... Only for emergencies? Very important emergencies, when no one cares about keeping the building intact anymore. That P-goon guy is really strong but just wait untill I release my power, it is uncontrollable and disastrous. So it would be just normal if they wouldn't allow me to use it here, I wouldn't want it at all either, and injuring one of my fellow students? No thanks, I would feel so guilty and down, I would cry all day and probably spoil them rotten. So I just sat here, every time, each lesson, playing with my fingers or reading a book mr. Lee gave, a boring book, or just looking at everyone in jealousy and admiration. It is so amazing to see some of the more experienced people fight, it can be so graceful, yet so powerful and dangerous. Injuries are no big deal here, since mr. Kang can just come by to heal them up, but huge injuries are a bridge too far for him, like Byungjoo, he has to recover like normal people and is now being pushed around in a wheelchair by Ririn, Xero or another Topp dogg member, who's really tall. What was his name again... He was in my class... I rubbed my chin thinking of his name and fixed my glasses. I looked over at him and immediately remembered. His name was Nakta, he was quite cute. A clumsy boy who is quite timid and sensitive, I want to get to know him actually, but I would just make him sad with my bluntness, so I stayed away. It made me think, about guys who I wanted to get to know. Optimus seemed like a really fun gang to hang out with, and they had one particularly handsome guy. What was his name... I didn't know at all, but he was two years younger than me, I think, or one? I don't remember that either. A loud slam popped my balloon of thoughts and I jumped a bit, looking at the entrance of the arena. Someone had slammed the door wide open and was now panting in the doorway. Speak of the devil! It was the Optimus guy I had an eye on! Hyosung told me they could get along quite well, but I didn't get a chance yet to meet all of the members, I knew Yongguk and Jungkyun though, and also the ones who were around my age. Everyone was staring at the boy while I looked around to notice something odd, where were the Brando members? They weren't here at all. I heard they often skip lessons under command of their leader, I hope Suyeon isn't doing the same... I have noticed some changes about her lately, she was getting... colder, ironically, her power is ice. Was it because of that, or because of the boys she hung out with? In one of the books mr. Lee gave me I actually read that some powers can take you over when you overuse it. It was written by our principal. And I heard the people of Brando undergo severe training to take over Topp dogg as the strongest gang at school. Brats. Oh ! I can't wander off now! I bet the Optimus boy had something important to say. But he couldn't bring out a word at first, he must've ran really hard to get here. After he got some water from his gangmate he finally got enough energy to talk. He must've ran for his life. He panted: "O-oh god... T-There's a fight... We n-need help... From mr. Lee..." Oh god, it was starting. I knew it, I felt odd all the time! I hope the girls aren't involved... Mr. Lee frowned and approached the boy, "Jongup... Who's fighting? How bad is it?" Jongup panted softly and sighed, "Two of the new girls, I think their names are Rory and... Suyeon?" No... It couldn't be, those two innocent girls, fighting? Just what was this school good for?

I went in a daze, and rage. I vaguely remember running towards Jongup, grabbing his wrist and yelling right into his ear, ordering him to show me where they are so I could go halt them. The poor boy got really afraid and quickly started leading me towards the battlefield, mr. Lee following in my footsteps and after that practically the whole class. Behind me were the gangmates of Rory, who were constantly talking to each other, murmuring concerned words, constantly praying that their youngest was okay, and also something that concerned me more, hateful words towards Brando and our little lady Suyeon. They must've a huge hatred against each other, damn! It's probably even worse than the hate all the other gangs have against Topp Dogg. But strangely, I felt like Imrud was calming down, not having that much hatred anymore, I wonder if Soyeon was after that? She is our best person after all, always trying to solve everything, preferably by herself. "Excuse me, why would they fight?" Speak of the devil, while Jongup was leading me and the rest to the back of the school, I heard Soyeon behind me. The Daimon last years immediately started to explain, that they and Brando had a huge hatred against each other, that the leader of Brando is trying to aim for the top spot of the school, and that they used to be peaceful and nice boys, but somehow they turned into rude and evil s. I let go of Jongup's hand and slowed down to run in between them. "What is that leader's power, Taehee?" I asked the silver haired, one of the leaders. "His power is darkness... Why?" I knew it, I was totally expecting this. "So that's it... I already knew it was going to be something like that..." I murmured. Everyone around me blinked confused, but I looked around and saw mr. Lee smiling statisfiedly. Now I get it! Because I can't use my own power, teacher Lee gave me those books, to learn about other people's powers, to make me stronger too, but in another way! He's a genius. "I read in one of the books the teach gave me, that overusing your power may cause it to manipulate you or even take control of you completely, and you'll become like your power. It's like an inner demon. But it can only happen with certain powers, and I'm certain that darkness is one of the powers that has the biggest chance of taking control of you!" I noticed that the majority of my classmates trembled, certainly thinking about not overusing their powers anymore. "So that means Onejunn has been taken over by his darkness..." Soyeon murmured. "And he is manipulating the others with it!" Someone behind us completed her. It was Yongguk, the leader of Optimus. "That's really bad, we need to find a way to free them!" A girl from Imrud said and everyone started talking at the same time. "Hey hey guys!" I yelled to stop them as I took Jongup's hand again. "We can all care about that later, but first we need to go stop Rory and Suyeon!" Teacher Lee nodded and ran ahead of us, we could hear some screams and it send shivers through my spine. Just what was going on?

"Rory! Suyeon! Stop this immediately!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Rory was the one who replied: "I want to but... she keeps attacking me!" she yelled back at me while she was still busy dodging the constant ice attacks from her friend. Brando was just silently watching. I stepped forward, but a hand pulled me back. "Miss G... Charlotte... You can't use your power so please don't get in between them..." Hyosung requested, using my real name for the first time. "Charlotte?" Jongup asked, he only knew me as Miss G, my nickname that everyone calls me. "What a nice name... I like it better than Miss G..." he smiled widely for a moment, but then noticed that it wasn't the time and looked away, frowning because he said such a thing at a serious moment like this. It made me giggle slightly, oh god I felt horrible giggling like a girl at such a moment. "I have a plan," Yongguk stepped forward, "I will need help from the strong students here. The strongest along with me in this class are Soyeon, P-goon and N. But I don't expect any help from the last two..." N was actually smirking all the time, enjoying the fight, but P-goon seemed... worried? I noticed that Soyeon had gone to stand next to him. Did I miss something? "Hana, are you willing to help us? Can't you cast a spell?" Hana was already looking in her old book. "I believe I can... I can catch Suyeon in an anti-power cage..." Yongguk nodded, "Okay, so here's the plan, I go invisible to save Rory while Hana tries to catch Suyeon in the cage, and Soyeon, you will be keeping an eye on the rest of Brando and attack them whenever needed, all other students who want to help, please help Soyeon if she calls for you. Miss G, you are excluded, because you would probably... Kill everyone, so yeah just take care of Rory once I brought her to you, okay?" Teacher Lee nodded in approval, glad that he didn't have to take the lead, because this could help the students a lot to prepare for the upcoming danger. "Yongguk, I'll be stand-by unless you really need it, but I think you guys can do it on your own, good luck," our teacher smiled. "Thank you, mr. Lee," Yongguk returned the smile, "Okay, guys! Start the plan, stay safe and be alert!" he ordered us as he swayed his cape, going invisible. I could just cheer everyone on for now, but I noticed that Jongup was hugging my arm. "Hey... Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be on stand-by?" "They won't need me anyway..." he sighed, I could feel his fear because his grip was getting stronger as the field started to turn into ice, "I'm not that strong, my power is kinda useless in situations like this..." I smiled and ruffled the younger's hair, "Same... I can't use my power, I will probably never get to use it, only as last resort..." The boy sighed, "I'm glad you all are so willing to help out... I was very afraid..." "Not everyone is willing to help out," I replied calmly, "But we have enough students who will." This boy honestly... He was too cute. I concentrating on following the battle again, and I noticed that Hana has successfully caught Suyeon in the cage. Some of the Brando members were attacking, and I instinctly hid Jongup behind me. Yongguk was still invisible, carrying Rory, who was desperately trying her best to help, but she was too weak. Soyeon jumped in to stop the attacks from Brando and the leaders of The Daimons joined in, but they weren't that strong, only Soyeon was strong enough, but she was outnumbered. For now she could stop all the attacks, but she was really suffering. Yongguk finally reached us and put Rory down gently, I immediately hugged her and sighed in relief as I held he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter