Chapter 4

Christmas Love

Chapter 4

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun sat and carefully patted Chanyeol on the head while the giant was asleep. Baekhyun let his fingers carefully play with the soft hair and when Baekhyun really was sure that Chanyeol was asleep, he carefully let his fingers the giant's cheek.

 

'It's so soft... Chanyeol's skin is so soft... I wonder... if he use something special to make it this soft. I wonder if he... really likes me this much to even ask me to stay by his side when he's sick. I wonder... if he really meant what he said earlier...'

 

Baekhyun sighed a little as he got up from the bed he had sat on and walked out to the kitchen to try to make some kind of soup or food to the sick Chanyeol. Chanyeol mumbles a lot in his sleep now when he's sick, he always does that when he's sick.

 

Baekhyun begun to chop some vegetables and then tried to make something eatable of it. Baekhyun took his time to figure out what kind of vegetables he should use and what to make, he even took a whole hour to just finish the vegetables to the soup he planed to make.

 

It took Baekhyun another 30 minutes to actually finish the soup as he smiled proud at his work. Maybe Baekhyun can cook a little after all?

 

 

Baekhyun?! You still here?!”
“Yah! Don't scream! You will hurt your throat your idiot!”

 

 

Baekhyun heard Chanyeol chuckle as Baekhyun poured up the warm soup into a bowl and walked back to Chanyeol who is in his room. Baekhyun brought the bowl with soup and a spoon as he walked over to Chanyeol's room. Baekhyun carefully put down the bowl on the nightstand before he helped Chanyeol to sit up and lean against the wall behind him so he could eat.

 

 

What is that?”
“Soup.”
“You made it?”
“Yeah, I tried my best. I hope you can eat it.”
“Me too.”
“Yah! You're supposed to say it's probably good!”
“Haha, sorry, I was just joking. I think it's delicious.”
“You haven't even tried it.”
“I know, but since it's you who made it, it's probably delicious.”
“Don't blame me if you spit it out.”

 

 

Chanyeol chuckled as Baekhyun carefully took the bowl and held it out to Chanyeol who was supposed to take it. But Chanyeol looked pleading and cute at Baekhyun who felt how he blushed a little, Baekhyun already knows what Chanyeol want him to do.

 

 

Please... can you feed me? I'm to tired to do it myself.”
“S-Seriously, y-you're supposed to be an adult. But since you're sick, I-I will do it.”
“Aegyo! Aegyo! You're so cute Baekie~”
“O-Oh shut up your derp.”

 

 

Baekhyun blushed like a fool as Chanyeol open his mouth to let Baekhyun feed him. Baekhyun blew a little on the warm soup before he carefully fed Chanyeol who smiled happy. Baekhyun blushed like a fool the whole time as he fed Chanyeol, but it didn't really make Baekhyun feel uncomfortable to be honest. Baekhyun just felt... needed and somewhat loved.

 

 

***

 

 

Chanyeol got healthy after one or two days since he caught the cold, but Baekhyun has to work tomorrow so he had to say goodbye to his precious Chanyeol and go home. Chanyeol though tried to make Baekhyun stay, to make Baekhyun skip work and just let Chanyeol take care of him. But Baekhyun just can't allow Chanyeol to do that.

 

No matter how much Baekhyun likes Chanyeol, he can't allow the giant take care of him. It's just that Baekhyun doesn't want to be a burden to Chanyeol, even though Chanyeol insist that Baekhyun isn't. But the other thing is, what if Chanyeol finds someone he wants to love and move in with? Baekhyun will be totally in the way if that happens!

 

 

***

 

 

Baekhyun hummed for himself as he heard Chanyeol swear from the bathroom and then come out with a funny look on his face.

 

 

Baekhyun, do you use makeup?! Like seriously?!”
“It's mother's old makeup. Why are you swearing so much?”
“Because I... kind of... uhm...”
“What did you do?”
“I kind of dropped some of it on the sink.”
“Don't worry, I will clean it up later.”
“Y-You're not mad? It's your mother's makeup and all-”
“Chanyeol, I'm fine with it. Come here, let's finish watching the movie.”

 

 

Chanyeol nodded a little as he carefully sat down beside Baekhyun and they begun to watch the movie again. It's Tuesday morning/lunch time and Chanyeol is here to spend his time with Baekhyun. Baekhyun has to work today, but he can spend his time with Chanyeol until the afternoon. And even though Baekhyun came home late last night, he doesn't feel that tired when he can half sleep beside Chanyeol.

 

 

Hey Baekhyun...”
“Mm...?”
“Are you tired?”
“A little, but not that much. Why are you wondering?”
“You know, you can turn me down when you need to sleep.”
“I'm fine with it, really. Besides, I like it when you're here.”

 

 

Baekhyun said that with a smile on his face as he leaned his head against Chanyeol's shoulder and let Chanyeol stare down at him and didn't say a word. It took a while before Chanyeol turned off the TV and turned to Baekhyun with a serious look and forced Baekhyun to sit up straight to face the giant.

 

 

Baekhyun... About Christmas-”
“I told you, I think I will work the whole weekend and take on or two days break from it before I work for the whole New year.”
“Please just listen to me. I got a proposal.”
“P-Proposal?!”
“I don't mean like that! Just listen to me, please!”
“O-Okay, I will listen.”
“I want you to come over to my place at Christmas Eve. Some of your old classmates and my new friends will be there.”
“W-Wait, y-you're not going home to your parents like you said you would?”
“No, I'm not. They're going overseas, to England. I didn't want to come, so I decided to stay here with you and the others.”
“A-Are you sure? I mean isn't it kind of foolish to not go with your parents and-”
“Baekhyun, I don't want to be anywhere else than here with you.”

 

 

Baekhyun felt his cheeks heat up fast as Chanyeol smiled at him, his white smile almost killed Baekhyun. Baekhyun felt Chanyeol's hands slowly grab his, like he tried to tell Baekhyun something or to make Baekhyun talk. Baekhyun felt like speechless for a while until he realized that he probably looked like a fool.

 

 

C-Chanyeol... D-Do you really want me to... come and be with you and your friends? I mean, won't I be in your way? A-And I don't want to have to tell them why I dropped out of college and all. And-”
“Baekhyun, why are you making up excuses like this? I want you to be with me at Christmas Eve, so please come. Can you come for me please?”

 

 

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol and his kind smile as he blushed like a fool. Baekhyun wanted to shout a yes, but he didn't want to look nor seem weird, so he just nodded while he bushed. To be honest, Baekhyun is really relieved and glad that Chanyeol asked him to come over and celebrate Christmas with him.

 

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol prepared his apartment for the long night with guests, food and gifts. The Christmas tree was up, all the decoration was up and the food was almost done and more would come from D.O and Lay who was kind and decided to help him out with everything.

 

The other guests should come soon too and Chanyeol is waiting for Baekhyun to come first of all. Baekhyun is always early when it comes to parties like those, but Chanyeol is kind of surprised that Baekhyun hasn't showed up yet.

 

As Chanyeol stood and fixed his shirt, he heard the door bell ring loud through the apartment as he hurried over to the door. The Christmas songs echoed in the apartment from the stereo as Chanyeol open the door to greet the first guest. To his surprise, it wasn't Baekhyun.

 

 

Ah, Chen and Xiumin, welcome in. Please feel like home.”
“Thank you.”
“Oh look who are coming here, come in Sehun and Luhan.”
“Thank you Chanyeol, oh and merry Christmas.”
“Merry Christmas.”

 

 

Chanyeol let in the couples, one after one. After around 20 minutes, everyone was here except for one person. Baekhyun. Chanyeol felt a little worried to be honest, mostly because Baekhyun seemed to be really unsure about coming today or not. Chanyeol really hopes that Baekhyun will come, even if he doesn't really want to face his old classmates.

 

 

So, everyone is here?”
“Almost, one is missing.”
“Who? Have you invited someone else?”
“Yes, one more person who I really want to come.”
“Is it by any chance your crush?”

 

 

Chanyeol looked over at D.O who smiled kind and waited for Chanyeol to answer him. Chanyeol just had to smile as the others understood that it was his crush he's waiting for.

 

 

Then I'm pretty sure that he should come, trust me.”
“I hope so as well.”

 

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun walked slowly up for the stairs up to Chanyeol's apartment. He could hear the music echo through the stairway and he also could hear laughter from other apartments. Baekhyun stopped for a second as he just realized how lonely he felt.

 

It's his first Christmas without his mother and Baekhyun admit that he hasn't really thought about it until now. Baekhyun feel a little hurt, even a little depressed to be honest. But the laughter from Chanyeol's apartment woke him up as he tried to walk up to the door again.

 

It took Baekhyun a lot of power and courage before he finally stood outside Chanyeol's apartment and waited for himself to just knock on the door. Baekhyun stood there for probably three minutes if not more before he lift his hand and knocked carefully on the door.

 

His heart almost stopped when Chanyeol's door got open pretty fast by the giant himself. Chanyeol smiled big, bigger than Baekhyun thought he could, before he grabbed Baekhyun's hand happily.

 

 

Welcome, we have been waiting for you. Come in.”

 

 

Baekhyun just nodded as he followed Chanyeol inside the apartment and got his shoes off. Chanyeol was a real gentleman and helped Baekhyun to take off his jacket and hung up it on a hook before he grabbed Baekhyun's hand and almost pulled the boy with him.

 

 

Now, everyone is finally here.”
“W-Wait a second...”
“B-Baekhyun?!”
“Y-You guys?!”

 

 

Baekhyun felt a little surprised as he stared at his old college friends. Baekhyun didn't expect Chanyeol to make friends with Baekhyun's old friends. They all smiled surprised at Baekhyun who felt really surprised as well to be honest. But it didn't take long before D.O flew up from the couch and hugged Baekhyun tight.

 

 

Baekhyun-ah! It has been such a long time since I saw you last! How are you?! Woah, you look really pale. Are you feeling alright? Have you been eating well? Don't tell me you forgot to wear gloves and a hat while you're out in this cold.”
“D.O, i-it really is you.”
“Yes, it's me. Chanyeol! Why didn't you tell us that you knew Baekhyun?!”
“I didn't think that you actually knew him.”
“Silly! Baekhyun is a great friend! We just lost contact when you suddenly dropped out of college.”

 

 

Baekhyun just smiled a little as he didn't know if he was supposed to explain why he dropped out of college or if he was supposed to say something else. Before the situation got awkward and just uncomfortable, Chanyeol was fast to clear his throat and took everyone's attention again.

 

 

Now now, let's get to the food and enjoy our time, shall we?”

 

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol watched his friends eat with appetite, except for one. Baekhyun. Chanyeol can understand Baekhyun's feelings, it must feel really weird to be him. After all, if Chanyeol don't recall wrong, this is the first Christmas what he knows about that Baekhyun celebrates without his mother.

 

Chanyeol feel a little sorry about Baekhyun and to be honest he wish he could just talk to Baekhyun in private for a while. But since there is too many guests here that knows Baekhyun and seem to want to talk a lot with him, Chanyeol can't just sneak away with the boy.

 

After the food everyone went to sit down and watch a movie in the living room. Chanyeol glanced over at Baekhyun from time to time during the movie and he saw the boy look a little tired, he must have worked a lot last night.

 

After the movie they kind of exchanged gifts, or they just exchanged words and tried to wish everyone a merry Christmas. Then it was time for some games, which included a lot of words, drinks and fun. Though, Baekhyun, D.O and Lay doesn't drink alcohol, so they just drank soda.

 

After another two hours of just games and laughter, people begun to get tired and wanted to go home. Chanyeol though wanted Baekhyun to stay, so to make the boy stay Chanyeol asked Baekhyun to help him out with some things before he would leave.

 

 

Thanks for tonight Chanyeol!”
“It was really fun!”
“And the food was great!”
“Merry Christmas!”
“Merry Christmas everyone.”

 

 

Baekhyun stood beside Chanyeol and said goodbye to everyone who had been here tonight. And when everyone finally was gone, Chanyeol would be able to speak and have Baekhyun all for himself.

 

 

So, what do you need my help for?”
“Come here and sit down.”

 

 

Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand as he pulled the boy over to the living room and sat down on the couch with him. Baekhyun looked a little curious and almost shy at Chanyeol who picked up a small gift from under the Christmas tree and held it out to Baekhyun.

 

 

Here, it's for you.”
“I-I thought this was some kind of decoration.”
“Haha, no I saved it just for you. I wanted to be alone with you when you open it.”
“Really? W-What's inside?”
“Nothing dangerous, I promise. Just open it.”

 

 

Baekhyun nodded as he carefully begun to open the small gift. Chanyeol smiled like a fool as he stared at Baekhyun and waited to see the boy's reaction. Chanyeol is a little nervous, because after this moment, where Baekhyun has opened the gift, he's pretty sure that their relationship will change. They will either get closer or get further away from each other after this. And Chanyeol hope they will become closer.

 

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun let his fingers open the really small package Chanyeol had given him. Slowly Baekhyun unwrapped the gift paper and took out a small box that looked a little cute. Chanyeol smiled a little as Baekhyun looked at him for some seconds.

 

 

Come on, go on and open it.”

 

 

Baekhyun could hear the almost nervous tone in Chanyeol's voice, but he think he imagined it. Baekhyun slowly opened the box, his heart beat weird as he tried to understand if he was excited, nervous or scared.

 

Baekhyun removed the top of the box as he put it down on his lap and looked inside the box. Baekhyun felt his heart almost stop when he saw the small flower pedals (he think they're from a red rose) lay in the bottom of the box. In the middle of them laid something else, something made of metal.

 

Baekhyun felt a little weird, his hand almost trembled a little as nervous he felt. Baekhyun carefully picked up the metal thing as he pulled it out from the box and saw it was a necklace. The small and thin chain looked to be made of silver and on it hanged something that Baekhyun has seen in many movies. A small silver heart.

 

Baekhyun looked closer at the necklace as he felt his heart beat fast and almost hard. He's not scared, he's excited. He can feel it. He can feel the adrenaline take over him as he read the small words on the necklace.

 

Without Baekhyun knew it, he begun to cry. Baekhyun cried right there on the spot with the necklace in his hand and his heart beat wild and crazy. Baekhyun begun to cry as Chanyeol looked almost a little worried at him. Baekhyun didn't hesitate to hug the giant, he didn't hesitate to squeeze the giant in his arms as he just wanted to stay like this forever.

 

 

I-I like you too Chanyeol. I-I really like you too. I-I love you.”

 

 

Baekhyun's words sounded probably ridiculous, especially with his shaky and unsteady voice. But Chanyeol hugged him tight back, it was the warmest and tightest hug Baekhyun ever felt. It was almost scary how warm and loving the hug became, after all Baekhyun has hugged Chanyeol many times but none of them has been this amazing.

 

 

I'm so relieved... I really thought you didn't like me.”
“You're so stupid to think that...”

 

 

Baekhyun cried more as Chanyeol pulled out from the hug to start wipe away Baekhyun's tears. Baekhyun was fast to help Chanyeol as he sobbed and tried to calm himself down, but it felt like he couldn't stop to cry.

 

 

It's funny.”
“What's funny?”
“I have never in my life seen you cry this much and often... It almost hurts all the way into my bones to see you cry.”

 

 

Baekhyun felt how he begun to cry again, not because he wanted Chanyeol to feel hurt, but because he felt touched.

 

 

Baekhyun, please don't cry-”
“Don't say such words then.”

 

 

Baekhyun hugged Chanyeol again as Chanyeol was fast to hug Baekhyun back. Baekhyun don't know what happened for the rest of that evening. He think he passed out in Chanyeol's arms, mostly because he had almost no energy left in his body. But also because for once, he felt safe.

 

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol lied in his bed with Baekhyun beside him. The small body is lying so close to him, it feels so weird to be honest. Chanyeol watched Baekhyun's perfect face, the hair that covers a little of Baekhyun's eyes and the cute quiet snoring.

 

Nothing can be better. There is no better Christmas morning than this. Chanyeol can feel Baekhyun's hand grab his shirt, how the boy curls closer to him and seem to seek warmth and protection. Chanyeol don't mind, he will protect Baekhyun from harm and danger as long as he lives. Even if they break up, even if Baekhyun's hates Chanyeol, Chanyeol won't leave Baekhyun's side.

 

Chanyeol let one of his hands carefully away some of Baekhyun's hair away from his eyes as he smiled down at the boy. He can't believe that Baekhyun passed out on him like that last night. Chanyeol got so shocked when he heard the sobs die out and instead a quiet snoring came out from Baekhyun's mouth.

 

And here they are now after a long night of sleep and cuddling. Chanyeol can't believe that it's true, that he has Baekhyun beside him. He can't believe that right now, he's Baekhyun's boyfriend. He can't believe that Baekhyun is all his and no one else.

 

 

Saranghaeyo, I love you.”

 

 

Chanyeol mumbled for himself but mostly to the sleeping Baekhyun. Chanyeol got a feeling that when Baekhyun wakes up, he won't be able to express himself how much he truly loves the boy. But he will try, every day of his life, to express his deep feelings for Baekhyun.

 

 

***

 

 

The sleepy Baekhyun sat by the table and rubbed his eyes tired as Chanyeol, for once, poured up some tea in a cup for the boy. Baekhyun smiled tired but thankful as Chanyeol sat down and joined him to eat breakfast.

 

 

So, did you sleep well?”
“A little too well...”
“Haha, aegyo aegyo.”
“But I got to work today...”
“W-What? No, don't say that.”
“But it's true... My boss he... He said that I had to work or else...”
“Or else what?”
“Or else he would...”
“He would what?”
“He said that I would get fired.”
“Can't you try to deny him? Tell him you feel sick.”
“It doesn't matter, he will just come and fetch me anyway.”
“Then quit.”
“Chanyeol, we talked about this. I can't just quit.”
“Why not? Now when we're together, you can move in with me. You can find a job at a cafe and work normal time. You pay a little for the food, I pay for the apartment and everything is solved. And when I'm done with college, I will work and you study.”

 

 

Chanyeol smiled big at Baekhyun as he felt satisfied with his plan. But Baekhyun didn't seem to think the same.

 

 

I love you Chanyeol, I don't know when I begun to love you, but right now... I feel like I need to do this. I need to work where I work and-”
“Are you planing to get sick for real? Baekhyun, your health is getting worse. You said things are just temporary, but they're not. They're not temporary anymore.”

 

 

Chanyeol tried to keep complain on Baekhyun's work. Baekhyun seemed to tired to even try to say against Chanyeol and the more Chanyeol thought about continuing with his nagging, he begun to realize that if he do he might end up in a fight with Baekhyun.

 

 

You know what, let's talk about that another time.”

 

 

Baekhyun looked shocked up at Chanyeol who just smiled and instead took a bite from one of his sandwiches he had made. Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol for a while before he smiled a little.

 

 

You know what, let's not put this to the side yet. Tell me, what if I would move in?”
“I would be overjoyed and I promise you that I will let you have your private time and you can work wherever you want, as long as I get at least three hours to see you each day.”
“Haha, really? Are you satisfied with that?”
“Actually, I'm so satisfied to finally get to love you like this.”

 

 

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol while he blushed a little and Chanyeol just smiled big. Chanyeol didn't lie when he said that he's satisfied with being able to love Baekhyun like this. Chanyeol is more than satisfied with this.

 

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun don't know why he considered to actually move in to Chanyeol's apartment just like this. But he thinks it's because he's tired of the trash apartment he got, the terrible job, the late and dangerous nights and the lonely feeling he gets whenever he's home.

 

It didn't take long before Baekhyun actually had made his decision and it surprised him how easily he could decide such an important decision so fast.

 

 

Fine.”
“Fine?”

 

 

Chanyeol looked surprised over at Baekhyun who sat beside him in the couch and just cuddled with him. Baekhyun nodded as Chanyeol felt confused.

 

 

What do you mean with fine?”
“I will move in.”
“Really?! You're not joking, right?!”
“What, can't I move in any longer?”
“Of course you can! I have waited for you to say that for almost four days now!”
“Haha, you're so funny. But I have a favor to ask.”
“What is it?”
“I want you... to come with me and help me quit my job.”
“Sure, I can come. But can I ask you for a favor?”
“Mm, you can.”
“Can you move in as quick as possible?”

 

 

Baekhyun smiled as he giggled a little, he felt overjoyed to be honest. No one has ever talked to him like this and it makes Baekhyun feel really happy. Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol who looked down at him as Baekhyun leaned in and left a peck on Chanyeol's lips, which is a huge step in Baekhyun's eyes since they haven't even tried to kiss yet.

 

 

I would love too.”
“Wait... does that mean I can kiss you?”

 

 

Baekhyun just smiled as Chanyeol leaned in and kissed Baekhyun. To be honest, Baekhyun never imagined his first kiss with Chanyeol like this, but it felt good. It doesn't matter how their first kiss would be like, because no matter what it felt wonderful.

 

Chanyeol pulled out again as Baekhyun blushed, but he had this ridiculous smile on his lips as he glanced up at Chanyeol who smiled big.

 

 

I love you cutie pie.”
“S-Stop it.”

 

 

Baekhyun blushed as Chanyeol leaned in for another kiss and Baekhyun allowed him. Baekhyun don't mind if Chanyeol kiss him over and over again, because no matter what, it feels so damn wonderful.

 

 

Chanyeol...”
“Mm...?”
“Saranghaeyo.”
“Saranghaeyo.”

 

 

Chanyeol smiled as he kissed Baekhyun again and it seemed like the kisses could never end. This is truly love and Baekhyun feels so happy that he doesn't have to be lost in the dark winter night anymore.

 

-The End of the main chapters-

-Baekyeol/Chanbaek bonus coming up before it ends! (Warning; this bonus will be and only and cuteness. For those lovers.)-

 


Ayo guys! So that was that I guess. Or was it? *smirks*

Actually there is still one bonus left (bonus 6) which will be (baekyeol/chanbaek ) and I hope you will read it as well (or not if you don't like it.)

Else I want to thank everyone who has read this fiction and supported it! I hope you all will have a good Christmas and a happy new year! Merry Christmas everyone!

(Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated but up to you guys!)

Else I just want to say goodbye now and wish you all a happy day/evening or whatever the time at the day is! Take care!

Peace and love to you all! <3