Chapter 3

Christmas Love

Chapter 3

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun felt tired when he stumbled into the changing room and pulled his shirt close. He feels pale, paler than usual. Is he really feeling well? Baekhyun heard the footsteps behind him as he glanced behind him. For once it wasn't his erted boss, the boss Baekhyun first liked, until he showed his true side. But the person who came was the kind guard who always seem to watch over Baekhyun.

 

 

Are you okay? Did they hurt you anything?”
“N-No... I-I'm fine thank you.”
“You look a little pale... I think you should go home.”
“Mm, maybe I should?”
“It's getting late, you have worked for over 12 hours today. I think that it is enough already.”
“O-Okay, I-I will go home.”

 

 

The guard smiled kind and left as Baekhyun walked over to his locker and changed his clothes fast. He felt a little tired to be honest, but since he argued with Chanyeol he hasn't been able to sleep that well. No matter how hard Baekhyun tries, he can't seem to answer Chanyeol's texts nor answer the giant's calls.

 

'What should I do? I'm to ashamed to even face him and I'm to scared to talk to him, but I'm even more scared to text him. If I don't try to see him soon... He will definitely not talk to me anymore... I... I can't be without him... I just can't...'

 

Baekhyun felt the tears find their way out of his eyes as he was fast to wipe them away. He can't risk that someone will see him cry, not here. But still Baekhyun only wants to see Chanyeol again. He want Chanyeol to randomly show up by his door again and force Baekhyun to talk to him. But that will probably not happen.

 

'I hurt his feelings... I know I did because... because that frustration must have come somewhere, right? But from where? Why did he get so mad at me? I just... I just couldn't talk about those stupid topics he has kept try to bring up all the time. But it was still... it was still not right of me to scream and get that mad at him. It never were... But it was because I didn't sleep enough that night before that... Before all that happened... But it's still not an excuse! I did wrong and now I'm too scared to try to make things right again!'

 

Baekhyun grabbed his things before he said a quick goodbye to his boss who looked a little kind at him. Baekhyun's boss wished Baekhyun a happy weekend, because this weekend Baekhyun is free from work for once. But what should Baekhyun do the whole weekend all alone?

 

It's right now Baekhyun wish he and Chanyeol didn't argue that evening. That Baekhyun had shut up and just asked Chanyeol nicely to not talk about those topics. That Baekhyun had explained for Chanyeol that he hadn't slept well and wanted to wait another day or two before Chanyeol could try to talk with him about it again.

 

But what is done is done. Nothing can be undone, sadly enough. But sometimes, especially those moments when you do something you really regret, you wish that you could undo things.

 

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Another one...”
“Here you go sir.”

 

 

Chanyeol swallowed the strong liquor without any problem as he sat on his chair and stared up at the roof. Kai and the others left for a while ago, a long time ago. Chanyeol managed to not drink anything with liquor in it while his friends was around, mostly because he got scared to show them his depressed side. They have gone to the bar some few times since Baekhyun and Chanyeol argued, and Chanyeol can't believe he managed to stay away from the liquor until this very night.

 

 

One more please.”
“You sure drink a lot without a problem.”
“I have practiced a lot.”

 

 

The bartender chuckled while pouring up the drink for Chanyeol who paid for it, scared that if he get too drunk he won't be able to pay for everything later. Chanyeol swallowed the drink fast. Finally he begun to feel affected by the liquor.

 

 

Give me something really strong, something that will make my mind almost blank.”
“Here, try this one then.”

 

 

Chanyeol paid for the drink before he swallowed the strong liquor in just one shot. Chanyeol felt his throat burn a little from the liquor, but else it wasn't that bad. Though, he felt weird, he knew that he was drunk, but he still remembers his problems.

 

 

One more, as strong as this one.”
“Here you go sir.”

 

 

People stared at Chanyeol who kept order drink after drink after drink, until Chanyeol felt that it would be too much for him. Chanyeol felt he was done here, he can't stay here because he knows that he won't be able to stop drink soon.

 

 

Bartender, you got some beer bottles?”
“Yes I do, why are you wondering sir?”
“I will buy two and bring them with me.”
“As you want sir.”

 

 

Chanyeol paid the man for the two bottles of beer before he walked out from the bar. Both Chanyeol and the rest of the costumers got surprised of how well Chanyeol actually could walk. Chanyeol walked pretty good the first two blocks, he had no idea where his feet were taking him, but he just let them keep walking.

 

After the fourth block, Chanyeol begun to feel a little unstable. He couldn't walk that straight and he realized how drunk he actually was. Chanyeol felt how the alcohol did the opposite to him than what he wanted it to do.

 

He wanted to forget about his feelings for Baekhyun and the argue with the boy for the night. But instead the feelings for the boy got stronger and Chanyeol felt the depression grab him. It grabbed him so hard that it felt like it almost struggled him.

 

 

I need to... Talk to him... Baekhyun...”

 

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

It's cold outside. The snow lies on the ground and cover the streets. Baekhyun walked silent in the pretty calm night. It seems like Baekhyun is safe tonight, no robbers nor people who seem to follow him. It's probably too cold outside for people like rappers and robbers to be out this late and wait for a prey. It's not many who's actually out this late at the night.

 

Or should Baekhyun say morning? Baekhyun knows that he promised himself to never let himself work passed 3 am. But he broke that promise. It's soon 4 am and Baekhyun is tired like hell. And on top of that, he and Chanyeol is still arguing. And it's killing Baekhyun.

 

'I was so worried about work and... robbers and rapists and... other stuff... I didn't notice... I didn't notice how important Chanyeol actually was to me... Stupid giant, you kept come around all the time... And I just broke everything into pieces... Why do I always make things worse? Why didn't I tell Chanyeol the truth from the beginning? What did I try to do? Did I try to pretend that I wasn't a poor low working waiter compared to Chanyeol's rich family? Probably... I just... always wanted to... to be like Chanyeol. I didn't want his parents to feel ashamed over him for being with someone like me...'

 

Baekhyun passed some closed stores. A car passed him by as well, which felt weird. There isn't many cars nor people out here this early in the morning. Baekhyun walked in the cold snow until he was near his apartment.

 

'I better try to sleep some... Yeah, I sleep some and tomorrow, no I mean later today I will call Chanyeol. Or at least text him. I have to end this pain, I just can't... I can't stand to be without him... H-He only wanted me well... and I couldn't even be nice towards him... If I just... If I just had tried to be accept his kindness long time ago, this wouldn't have happened!'

 

Baekhyun felt frustrated now. What if Chanyeol won't forgive him? What if he tells Baekhyun to go to hell and leave him alone? Baekhyun won't be able to be without him. Baekhyun can't be without Chanyeol. It sounds weird, to even think like this, but it's true. Chanyeol is like... the small light in the dark winter night. Like the small angel that comes to save Baekhyun during the darkest time of the year.

 

Baekhyun walked with tears in his eyes as he grabbed his keys to his apartment. Baekhyun looked at the white-gray ground until he heard something weird only some meters in front of him. Baekhyun looked up as he saw his apartment door about five or meters away from him, but something, or rather someone sat beside it. Snoring.

 

Baekhyun stared at the shadow, it almost scared him a little at first, until he saw who it was. Instead of getting scared and surprised, Baekhyun got mad and pretty much worried. Baekhyun felt his legs and body move on its on as he begun to run towards the shadow.

 

 

What the hell?! Chanyeol! What are you doing here?! And why are you sleeping in such a place?! It's cold like hell outside and your sitting on the ground in only that thin jacket?! Are you stupid or what?! Have you lost your mind?! Yah! Are you listening to me?! Chanyeol! Park Chanyeol! PARK FREAKING CHANYEOL!”

 

 

It was no use, Baekhyun knew that. Chanyeol was totally passed out and the two empty beer bottles beside the passed out body explained a lot. Baekhyun groaned annoyed as a door to one of the neighbors flew open. Baekhyun stood fast up and bowed apologizing as he realized that he has been screaming like a fool in the middle of the early morning.

 

 

I-I'm sorry if I woke you up, I-”
“Do you need any help? Don't worry, I woke up a long time ago. I have work soon, so you didn't wake me up. But is he alright?”
“I-I think so... I will just get him inside, sorry for disturbing you sir.”
“No problem, do you need me to help you carry him inside?”
“Well, if you wanna help... can you take care of the two bottles here?”
“Sure, I can take them. But are you sure you can carry him all by yourself?”
“I may be small, but I know how to carry this stupid giant.”

 

 

The man laughed light as he took the bottles and watched Baekhyun grab Chanyeol's arm and put it around his own neck. Baekhyun forced Chanyeol's body to stand up and the giant automatically stood up on his own and walked after Baekhyun who had to support the heavy giant in to his apartment.

 

 

C-Can you please take my keys and open the door for me?”
“Sure, here let me help you.”

 

 

The nice neighbor helped Baekhyun to open the door and put the keys back into Baekhyun's pocket before he said a quick goodbye and let Baekhyun support the drunk giant in to the apartment.

 

As fast Baekhyun was inside he closed the door fast and forced Chanyeol's shoes off. Then Baekhyun forced Chanyeol's jacket off by letting the passed out body sit down on the floor and lean against the wall.

 

 

Geez, how did you end up like this your idiot? I told you to get drunk, I know that, but not like this... I didn't mean too... hurt your feelings you know...”

 

 

Baekhyun mostly mumbled to himself as he took Chanyeol's jacket and shoes off. Then Baekhyun had to literally carry or drag Chanyeol's body all the way over to Baekhyun's so called bed, which is the thick mattress that is lying on the floor.

 

The giant's heavy body almost made a loud thud when Baekhyun put the body down on the mattress. Baekhyun groaned tired, Chanyeol is heavier than he looks like. The giant mumbled something in his sleep as Baekhyun leaned closer to hear what he said, but all Baekhyun could hear was nothing, but he could smell the strong scent of alcohol.

 

 

Ew... You stink...”

 

 

Baekhyun decided to at least pull off Chanyeol's shirt off, even if it is cold, the giant can't have his smelling disgusting alcohol smelling shirt on. Baekhyun then put a blanket over Chanyeol's body and carefully sat down beside him on the floor.

 

 

Why did you get drunk like that? Stupid... don't you know that it's not good for your health to drink too much?”

 

 

Baekhyun sighed as he felt a little relieved inside of him. Chanyeol sat outside his apartment, for some weird reason. But he's drunk, still he managed to find his way to Baekhyun's apartment. Baekhyun wonder if the giant wanted to talk to him and apologize or to let Baekhyun apologize to him maybe?

 

 

Silly giant... Don't do what I literally tell you to do... I hope you don't catch a cold stupid.”

 

 

Baekhyun felt how his hand moved on it's own. How he let his fingers Chanyeol's cheek gently before Baekhyun decided he should go to sleep as well. Baekhyun found himself a blanket, even if it was thin, and laid down on the couch. Baekhyun curled together on it and grabbed one of the couch's pillows and rest his head against it.

 

Baekhyun lied on the couch and stared at Chanyeol's for a while after he had turned off the lights. It wasn't that much Baekhyun could see, but he could hear Chanyeol's snoring. He always snores so loud when he gets drunk.

 

Yes, Chanyeol has been drunk in front of Baekhyun before. But it happened very few times, but when it well happened, Chanyeol was always acting so weird. He was always so close and it felt like any second, he would kiss Baekhyun. But the next second, Chanyeol was totally fooling around and acted like a child again.

 

Baekhyun thought a little about it, about the times when Chanyeol was drunk and could hug Baekhyun so tight and almost squeeze him to death. Chanyeol would also sometimes make Baekhyun sit on his lap while he just stared at Baekhyun and looked like he was dreaming. And sometimes Chanyeol cuddled his head against Baekhyun's neck and mumbled weird things that Baekhyun never could hear nor understand.

 

The more Baekhyun think about it, the more he realize that his relationship with Chanyeol has never really been “normal”. Baekhyun has always thought that they were only friends, but somewhat it feels like... they never actually were. It feels like there was some hidden feelings back then. Under the worried and scared feelings Baekhyun had, there was something inside of Baekhyun that always seemed to... like Chanyeol more than a friend.

 

Baekhyun felt how he smiled like a fool, how he just lied on the couch and wanted to hug Chanyeol now when the giant finally was here. But it's late and he really should sleep.

 

 

Goodnight silly...”

 

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol groaned tired as he opened his eyes. His head felt like it had been hit by a truck, with an ax on it that cut his head to pieces. And then someone just threw his head together again and probably happen to drop his head down for a stair and then Chanyeol's head got hit by a truck again.

 

 

Urgh... I hate this... Stupid... hangover...”

 

 

Chanyeol groaned as he sat up tired. Chanyeol scratched the back of his head and rubbed his eyes a little before he looked tired around. It didn't take long before Chanyeol realized something, he's not home. Though the surrounding was relieving enough familiar, which means that Chanyeol isn't at some strangers place.

 

Chanyeol looked fast around and listened carefully for any sounds, but disappointment took over him when he didn't hear not see anything. Baekhyun seem to not be here and how the hell Chanyeol ended up here he don't know. All he remember is that he was determined to talk to Baekhyun, but he's not sure if he ever did.

 

Chanyeol think he passed out somewhere between sitting down somewhere near here and drinking beer. But where and when Chanyeol don't know, but he's pretty sure that Baekhyun got a quite surprise when he found Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol sighed tired and disappointed as he glanced to the side and to his surprise it wasn't just the floor he saw. On the floor beside the mattress there was a glass filled with water on a tray and beside it was two tablets and a small paper with a message on it. Chanyeol carefully picked up the little note as he read it fast.

 

Morning Dumbo, I hope you feel a lot of pain
when you wake up. How smart are you? Getting
drunk like that without even knowing where you
were going! Anyway, here is some tablets, for the
hangover. And I left a towel inside the bathroom,
take a shower for god's sake! You stink! Use a
lot of soap! But don't you dare to try to cook nor
make any breakfast before I'm back home! You
hear me?! Don't cook! Without if you wake up
late, take a long shower!”

 

Chanyeol chuckled a little, he didn't expect Baekhyun to scold him through a note like this. But he didn't seem to be to worried about Chanyeol, nor that happy. Chanyeol sighed as he was about to put the note back down on the tray, when he saw that there was something written on the backside of the paper.

 

I got worried you know... Please don't scare me
like that ever again. I hope you slept well and that
you didn't catch a cold. And I will be back soon, I
promise. So please, don't do anything reckless nor
leave without saying goodbye to me. I really want to
talk to you again you know. I promise I will be back
soon again. / Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol smiled a little, he felt somewhat relieved. Relieved that Baekhyun wanted to talk to him again. Chanyeol took the tablets and swallowed them fast. He knows that Baekhyun has taken care of him like this before, but Chanyeol can't help to feel a little guilty about it. It's not fair that Baekhyun has to take care of Chanyeol's clumsy and drunk all the time. Or he used to do that at least.

 

 

He's too cute sometimes... My little baby smurf...”

 

 

Chanyeol got up and walked tired over to the bathroom. He decided to do as Baekhyun told him, to take a shower and not to cook anything until Baekhyun's back. But Chanyeol wonders, where is the boy? He should be here, shouldn't he? He's always here when Chanyeol usually wakes up. Maybe... Maybe he went to work again?

 

Chanyeol don't know, he just decided to ask the boy later when he comes back home. But first of all, Chanyeol will take a long warm shower. And then he apologize to Baekhyun and try to make things to go back to normal again. He really doesn't want to argue with Baekhyun anymore. And he really... just want to have the little boy by his side again. Even if Baekhyun can't be his, he at least want the boy to be by his side. As long Chanyeol can do that, he's happier than being without the boy.

 

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun held the warm bag in his hands as he felt a little tired, but he felt relieved. At least Baekhyun didn't seem to have any nightmares tonight and Chanyeol seemed to be doing fine when Baekhyun woke up. The giant always sleeps until almost 11 am whenever he has been drunk and Baekhyun knows that.

 

When Baekhyun woke up, Chanyeol was still sleeping sweet and sound and Baekhyun couldn't wake him up. So Baekhyun decided to just take the temp of the boy, to make sure that he didn't catch a cold like Baekhyun fears he has. Chanyeol was a little warm when Baekhyun checked him, but maybe he will get better within some hours?

 

Baekhyun walked towards his apartment, it's still cold outside since the night, but at least the sun is shining today. Baekhyun walked until he arrived to his apartment and sneaked in. Baekhyun isn't sure if Chanyeol is awake or not, but when he came in and had took off his shoes and jacket, he saw that the bed was empty.

 

Baekhyun walked in to the kitchen and put the bag on the table before he walked over to his closet to pick out some clothes that Chanyeol might be able to wear. T-shirts won't be a problem, but it's the pants that is worrying Baekhyun to be honest. Baekhyun took his time to find a pair of big sweatpants before he walked to the bathroom and totally forgot to knock on the door.

 

Baekhyun entered the bathroom without knocking on the door or even thinking. He just stepped in to the room and stared a little shocked at the sight in front of him. It's the first time Baekhyun ever blushed this much in front of Chanyeol.

 

 

S-Sorry! I-I didn't mean to come in right now!”

 

 

Baekhyun was fast to just drop the clothes and hurried out before Chanyeol even got the chance to response to Baekhyun. Baekhyun stood outside the bathroom, the door closed behind him as he blushed like a fool. He truly didn't intend to go in to the bathroom while Chanyeol stood and dried himself.

 

 

Baekhyun? Are you alright? Hey, Baek?”
“I-I'm fine... T-The breakfast is ready.”
“You have already prepared the breakfast? I thought you said you couldn't cook.”
“I can't cook, that's why I went out to buy something to eat...”

 

 

Baekhyun mostly mumbled as he walked towards his bed. The glass beside it was empty and the tablets were gone. Chanyeol must have taken them like Baekhyun told him to do. But the weird thing is, the note Baekhyun wrote, it's gone. Did Chanyeol throw it away?

 

Before Baekhyun could answer his own question, the door to the bathroom went open and a dressed giant came out from it with a smile on his face. Though he looked tired and he looked to be... a little nervous or unsure when he saw Baekhyun.

 

 

Morning.”
“Morning...”

 

 

Baekhyun answered with a mumble, still not sure what to say to Chanyeol. Chanyeol looked lost in the apartment, like he didn't dare to walk around like normal people can do. Baekhyun understood this and walked over to the kitchen and grabbed the bag he had brought with him home.

 

 

Come on, here is your breakfast.”

 

 

Baekhyun grabbed a plate and put the sandwiches he had bought on it. Then he begun to make tea as Chanyeol slowly walked closer to the kitchen, but he still seemed unsure. Baekhyun stood quiet in the silent apartment, but his heart is screaming inside of him. Baekhyun wants to talk to Chanyeol so badly, it almost hurts to not be able to say something to the lovely giant.

 

 

Aren't you going to eat?”

 

 

The giant finally spoke as Baekhyun realized that he had only served Chanyeol and not himself. Baekhyun poured up tea into two cups and walked over to the table that Chanyeol finally had sat down at.

 

 

Here, take some tea, it will be good for you.”
“Baekhyun, are you going to eat as well?”
“Maybe, I don't know.”
“Please eat.”

 

 

Chanyeol looked pleading at Baekhyun who held in a sigh and just smiled a little. Baekhyun decided to eat a small sandwich, mostly to calm Chanyeol down. But Baekhyun isn't hungry, he stopped to feel hungry since he argued with Chanyeol.

 

It felt weird to sit and eat in front of Chanyeol again. The giant glanced carefully up at Baekhyun from time to time, but he never said something. Is he scared to open his mouth again? Has Baekhyun made Chanyeol to shut up totally? Baekhyun felt worried and the longer the silent got, the worse he felt.

 

 

I'm sorry...”

 

 

Baekhyun finally open his mouth as Chanyeol looked up at him. The giant somewhat looked surprised when Baekhyun spoke, but he didn't say anything back. Baekhyun felt how he hugged the teacup with his hands a little tighter and tried to stay calm.

 

 

I know you're mad at me Chanyeol. You just don't want to tell me that. I... I really wanted to tell you about things that I usually don't tell others. But... I just... I just don't know how to tell you all this... I'm not seeking sympathy, I'm just seeking... something else.”

 

 

Baekhyun looked down at his teacup, it felt like he didn't make any sense right now. Chanyeol must feel really confused, maybe even a little frustrated and sad. But Baekhyun don't know what to say or do to make things right again.

 

 

Will you tell me the truth this time if I ask you things?”

 

 

Chanyeol finally spoke out as Baekhyun looked up at the giant. Chanyeol stared right into Baekhyun's eyes and told him that he truly was serious this time. Baekhyun knows that Chanyeol is being serious, but he don't know if he can be as serious as him.

 

 

I want too tell you everything... But it feels like if I do... you doesn't want to be with me anymore... Or you wouldn't be able to be with me anymore...”
“Why wouldn't I? You're someone important to me Baekhyun. Why don't you trust me more? I mean have I ever tried to judge you before? Or tried to find out about things you don't want me to know? If I truly wanted to know why you dropped out of college, I could had asked my mother to get me the information. But since it was you, I couldn't ask her to do that. Because I wanted you to tell me everything yourself.”

 

 

Chanyeol spoke honest, Baekhyun could literally feel the honesty in the giant's voice. Baekhyun had made up his mind, he can't let Chanyeol to keep struggling like this. After all, the giant has tried so hard to just be around Baekhyun.

 

 

I will tell you anything you want to know, but you have to help me out. Ask me what you want to know and I will try to tell you about everything you want and need to know.”
“Really? So if I ask you about anything, you promise to not avoid the topic?”

 

 

Baekhyun felt how he bit his lower lip before he nodded. Baekhyun has made up his mind, he won't let Chanyeol feel more pain like this. It's mean of Baekhyun to do this and it's soon Christmas and all, so Baekhyun shouldn't do bad things. And Chanyeol deserves better, Baekhyun knows that. Baekhyun wish he could be better for Chanyeol sake.

 

 

Where... do you actually work?”
“I work... on a club... around 30 minutes away from here. I work as a waiter and help the bartender out when he needs me. I serve rich ladies and men who wants drinks and sometimes... bad things happens.”
“What kind of bad things?”
“Things that I usually wouldn't like to mention, but since it's you I'm talking with... People has tried to... force me to strip and those kind of things. And my boss told me that if I ever wanted to make more money, he would love me to spend a night with him. But I never did! I promise! I would never do something like that with anyone!”

 

 

Chanyeol looked a little worried and surprised, but mostly worried. Baekhyun looked a little ashamed down at his cup as he sighed a little.

 

 

Please ask me another question.”
“Why did you drop out of college?”

 

 

Baekhyun felt how he wanted to cry, literally. Baekhyun felt how he tried to not get emotional, but somehow he got surprisingly depressed. Even after three months without his lovely mother, Baekhyun can still cry like a baby. He hasn't felt like crying like this since the funeral and it feels weird.

 

 

It because of what happened to umma... To my mother... There is something I need to tell you... When you moved to Busan when we went to high school... umma got sick. She got sicker and sicker for every year that passed, so I used up a lot of saved money to take her to a hospital in Seoul. She managed to stay alive for a year, she even got better during the spring and summer but... But the last winter...”

 

 

Baekhyun felt how he cried, he couldn't hold in the tears anymore. Chanyeol was fast up, he almost knocked over his teacup on the way. It didn't take long before Chanyeol had pulled Baekhyun into a tight embrace and Baekhyun felt how he couldn't hold the tears in anymore.

 

It was like Baekhyun has been waiting for something like this to happen. It was like he had been saving tears and hid some of his feelings deep inside of him. And when Chanyeol hugged him, everything just got loose. Baekhyun couldn't stop his feelings nor tears anymore.

 

Chanyeol sat silent with Baekhyun in his arms and just hugged him. Baekhyun grabbed the giant's shirt and cried into his chest, nothing else did matter. All that mattered at that moment was that Chanyeol was there and could comfort Baekhyun who didn't want to lose anyone anymore.

 

 

I'm sorry... I'm sorry if I lied. I got scared, I didn't want you to leave me. I just wanted someone to stay... I don't want to be alone anymore...”
“It's okay, just let it out already Baekhyun. Just let the pain out.”

 

 

Chanyeol whispered carefully as his hand Baekhyun's head gently. Baekhyun felt so relieved and so touched, and he felt like home. With Chanyeol it feels like home...

 

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

A lot of things happened at once. Baekhyun was first avoiding Chanyeol, then he suddenly became all kind and then he became all emotional. But the good thing is that Baekhyun finally told Chanyeol everything that Chanyeol wanted to know.

 

It might sound selfish but Chanyeol wanted to know everything about Baekhyun, until the boy told him about his mother and it all was clear to Chanyeol. Everything was more than just clear to him, he could literally feel and see the pain inside of Baekhyun. Chanyeol could see how Baekhyun had struggled all this time since Chanyeol moved to Busan.

 

Baekhyun didn't stop to cry until the boy had somehow passed out in Chanyeol's arms. Chanyeol kept hug him though, he didn't want to let go of Baekhyun, not yet. Chanyeol felt a little guilty, or not just a little guilty. He feels like he has been the one giving Baekhyun more pain than necessary, that he's the one who let Baekhyun be in more pain than the boy had too.

 

 

Baekhyun...? Are you awake yet? Hey, it has been a long time since you passed out... Baek? Baekhyun? Baekie? Bacon?”
“Don't call... me Bacon... It's still... Baekhyun... you derp...”

 

 

Chanyeol smiled at the mumbling Baekhyun in his arms. He loves Baekhyun. Chanyeol can't ever stop love Baekhyun, but he can't go on like this either. Chanyeol thought that if he just could be by Baekhyun's side as his friend, Chanyeol would be satisfied. But no, Chanyeol can't be satisfied with that and he knows that.

 

 

Are you awake?”
“Mm... Are you feeling alright?”
“That's my question, but I feel okay. Are you alright Baekhyun?”
“Mm... I am... Thanks...”

 

 

Baekhyun sat up from Chanyeol's embrace and forced Chanyeol to let go of Baekhyun who wiped his face a little with his hoddie sleeve. Baekhyun then reached his hand out to Chanyeol's forehead and place the warm hand gently hand on it.

 

 

Oh my... You're having a fever after all. Geez, I can't believe that you let yourself get that drunk and sit outside my apartment on the ground in your thin jacket. I got so mad and worried at once that I didn't know if I was supposed to slap you or hug you.”
“Sorry for that, Baekhyun. I... I just...”
“You don't have to explain to me, I promise. It's just good enough that you understand that you were a stupid derp when you were drunk.”
“Yeah, I think I know that. At least now I know.”
“Hey, let's go to your apartment, it's too cold here for you. And you need warmer and better clothes. And you need better food than this and-”
“Thank you Baekhyun, but all I really need is you.”

 

 

Chanyeol didn't react to his own words at first, until he saw the blushing face that Baekhyun made. Baekhyun looked both touched and a little shy, but Chanyeol kind of didn't regret what he said. After all, Baekhyun is his crush that he has been in love with since middle school.

 

 

Then... I can sleep over at your place and take care of you. I-If you know really want me to be around that much-”
“I would love you to do that. But don't you have work?”
“No, I got the weekend off, for once. I think I need that.”
“Yeah, I can see that. You're all pale and you haven't been looking so well.”
“I feel better now, when this... silly argue is over.”
“Yeah, it's finally over. And we're... all good now?”
“Yeah, we're definitely all good now. But let's still go to your apartment, it's freaking cold here.”

 

 

Chanyeol nodded as Baekhyun got up to pack a bag and some of his tea. Chanyeol laughed a little as he got up and gathered his own things to later let Baekhyun follow him to his own apartment. It's going to feel good to have Baekhyun around for a long time.

 

 

***

 

 

Geez, I told you that you had fever.”
“I didn't feel it until now...”
“Don't worry, I'm here to take care of you.”
“You can't even cook...”
“I know, I know... But I can still try to cook.”
“Please don't burn down my apartment.”
“Yah, I'm not that bad, I do know how to make simple things, it just take some time and it's hard for me to usually find time and power to cook.”
“Baekhyun...?”

 

 

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol who lied in his bed, his head hurts and he feels like he's being sicker than he actually is. Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol who smiled a little, Baekhyun's face is so beautiful, Chanyeol can stare at it all day if Baekhyun just would let him.

 

 

Yeah? What is it?”
“What are you going to do... on Christmas? I mean... now when... you know...”
“Oh... Christmas...”

 

 

Baekhyun sighed a little as he sat down beside Chanyeol on the bed. Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun who looked down at him from time to time. Baekhyun suddenly grabbed Chanyeol's head and lift it up gently before he sat down where Chanyeol had rest his head and carefully put Chanyeol's head down on his own lap.

 

Baekhyun let Chanyeol rest his head in Baekhyun's lap while he slowly dragged his fingers through Chanyeol's hair. Chanyeol closed his eyes in pleasure, he couldn't help it. Baekhyun's fingers are like magic and there is nothing better than this. Chanyeol think he has found something else he can love from Baekhyun. Another good secret side of the boy.

 

 

I planed to be home or work. If I work... I will probably not be able to be home for almost the whole holiday and New year is probably a must for me.”
“Can't you quit your work?”
“Can you quit breathing?”

 

 

Chanyeol chuckled a little as Baekhyun smiled down at him. Chanyeol stared straight up at Baekhyun who stared down at him. It feels so good to see Baekhyun here. It feels good to have Baekhyun taking care of him, because Chanyeol is pretty sure that he would have felt a lot worse if Baekhyun wasn't here.

 

 

Can't you quit work and come and live with me?”
“What are you talking about now? Your parents don't like me, they would never allow you to spend their money on me.”
“But it's none of their business anyway and I have my own money now. I worked for my own money and I don't want you to work on a place like that. I want you to go to college again, to try to come back to your usual self.”
“I don't know Chanyeol, I can't ask you to take care of me. What if... What if one day we fight like this again and I have nowhere else to go?”
“Don't worry, we probably won't fight like we did last time. I promise you.”
“I hate to relay on people Chanyeol, you know that. I don't want to be a burden and it would feel weird to just suddenly move in to someone's apartment. And I can't go back to college until next year anyway.”
“It's soon next year and I got plenty of time and room and-”
“Let's not talk about this right here and now. Okay sweetie? Instead, I will go out to the kitchen and make sure you have a fire alarm.”

 

 

Baekhyun smiled kind as he got up and walked towards the kitchen. Chanyeol chuckled a little as he lied down his head on the soft pillow and closed his eyes. Somewhat he can still smell Baekhyun's sweet scent. That boy has an amazing scent and Chanyeol loves it.

 

Chanyeol love Baekhyun, more than what he knew and what everyone else knows. Chanyeol has made up his mind, even if he's sick like hell, he has decided to make Baekhyun his. He's tired of watching the boy from afar and he's pretty sure that if he just confess to Baekhyun, the boy will understand his feelings. Maybe Baekhyun won't feel the same, but at least he will be aware of Chanyeol's feelings.

 

And Chanyeol really want to tell Baekhyun that he loves him.

 


Ayo guys! So the third chappie is up and I'm exhausted after a long day filled with dance performances! But I hope you guys enjoyed this chappie! ^.^

I just want to thank you all for your support and I love you guys so much! It's soon Christmas and the final chappie will soon be up, but not until next week! ^.^

Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated, but up to you guys! So please help me out, okay? Thank you! ^.^

Well, I don't have that much else to say then that I see you next time I update! Until then, take care! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3