A Mural of Thanks

Lucky Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole house was silent, except for the rustling of sheets and the couch groaning slightly under Sehun's weight as he shifted. He still didn't know what to feel about Luhan showing up unexpectedly, on his doorway like they were the best of friends. Granted, he was here to apologize and wanted to leave soon too, but he was up in his bedroom, on his bed and the thought just made him even more uncomfortable. He wouldn't deny the slight tinge of relief when he saw Lu. He was worried how he'd react the next time he saw him. Worried that he might give up on him. He didn't want that, not now when he got used to him.

Secretly, he had always been scared of being isolated, having no one in this world who cared for him, no one to miss him if we went away. Back in the orphanage, everyone told him he was alone, he had no one who loved him and that made him distant, cold and vary of people. He remembered those times when he lay in bed, wondering who'd miss him if he didn't wake up tomorrow. During those times, he often compared himself to the Prince on the cover of his favorite book, The Little Prince. Standing alone, with no one around him, small and lonely.
When Sehun was adopted, he knew he wasn't alone and a part of him was happy, happy to have some people who cared for him, provided him shelter, both, physically and emotionally. Yet, he remained skeptical and kept his distance. He realized that by pushing away them, he was only making himself miserable.

As he replayed the events back in the Art room, back to his fight with Luhan, he comprehended that he wasn't as angry or disappointed in himself at lying, but his mortification as he realized that yet again, he might not have anyone; that he might still be alone. He sighed at the thought, shifting slightly. Today had changed a lot. He had changed a lot. Sehun felt more at peace with himself, and at night, when he sat in silence, there wasn't a feeling of being all alone in the world.

Yoonmi's words and Luhan's gestures had restored his faith. Yes, there were people who cared for him. People who would ride a motorbike in rain for him, people who would care for him even if he was such a 'brick', as Luhan liked to call him.
The images of Luhan getting along with his family, talking and laughing left a pleasant feeling.
Perhaps he wasn't as unwanted as he made him out to be.

Jongin would be over the moon if I told him that, he thought, chuckling softly. He closed his eyes, and slowly drifted off.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sehun was fast asleep when he felt a poke on his shoulder. He shifted, groaning and covering his face and felt another poke. "Wake up!" Luhan whispered in his ear, and he frowned, look up sleepily. "What are you doing?" he grumbled groggily, "It's practically midnight."
He rolled his eyes. "It's 5'o clock, Sehun." he dead-panned.
"Exactly!" Sehun exclaimed, rolling his eyes back at him and turned to go back to sleep, but Lu poked him again. "Wake up! I want to show you something." he whispered, "Please? I rarely say please."
Sehun opened his eyes, glaring at him but Luhan just smiled angelically, batting his eyelashes at him. "If I go with you, will you stop doing that?" he asked, and he nodded. Sighing, he stood up, as Luhan punched the air in victory.

They walked up slowly, and Lu fidgeted as the two stopped in front of his room. "Sehun, I know you don't like me invading your privacy, but I just felt like doing something nice for you. You may not like it, and that's perfectly okay." he mumbled quietly, and Sehun nodded, feeling slightly curious.
Reaching forward, Luhan exhaled to calm his nerves, and opened the door to reveal his masterpiece.
From a corner, Nami and Raina peeked at the two, matching smiles on their faces.

At first there was silence. Silence that nipped at Lu while he tried to read Sehun's face. He hates it! were his first thoughts, and he bit his lip, willing himself to say something; anything, to make the silence go away. Just as he opened his mouth, Sehun reached forward, walking to the wall in three long steps and stared at it, hard.
It was colorful, bright, and lightened up the whole room. Bright swirls of paints, coming from every direction, bold and waves covered the whole wall in a spectrum of all the colours of the rainbow. They all met in the center, hidden behind a large, realistic looking DSLR . The lens shone, and on it were five, small shadowed figures, two on one side of the camera and three on the other. He could easily tell who they were, and stepped back. There were tiny things he liked scattered in a circle around the big camera in the center, and he saw tiny ice cream cones, paint brushes and bicycles among other things.

Meanwhile, Luhan was freaking out. He stood still, but inside was a storm, and there were scores of hula dancers in his stomach, combined with a whole zoo. His inner self was tugging his hair out and crying, screaming You ed up, you dumb piece of ! Get ready to die alone in a lonely abyss! Sehun hates you for ruining his perfect monochrome bedroom, Lu. He hates y-

"It's...beautiful."
Luhan's eyes widened as he stared up at Sehun. He reached out gingerly, as if the paints would burn him, and lightly rested his hand on the wall. Luhan heaved a sigh of relief, smiling brightly. "Do you like it?" he asked, and stepped beside him, staring at the work he'd done. He had stayed up the whole night, and the twins had helped him for a while, before retreating to their bedroom when Lu decided it was too late. They'd taken a liking to him, following his words and helping him in every way possible, leaving only when they felt they'd helped him enough.

With a nod, he turned and Luhan met with what he felt was the most beautiful thing ever. The corners of Sehun's lips were turned up in a bright smile,and in the soft lighting, his eyes were even more bright.
"Thank you." he mumbled softly,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter