Victorious Defeat

Lucky Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan looked at Sehun. A smirk donned his prim face. "So you'll be willing to make a bet? Or will you admit that my ideas are better than yours?"

Sehun's face was rather unreadable. Lu searched for an answer to his taunt, but he didn't seem to respond. He seemed like he was contemplating something, probably having an internal war of what to choose.

"Fine. I'll accept your little challenge. So what's the bet?"

Luhan's face lit up. He grinned cheekily, pondering on the possibilities. What to do what to do. Risk dignity? Embarrassment? Maybe a dare. So many possibilities.

But there was one that he simply couldn't resist choosing.

"Okay then Mr.Competitive, here's the deal. If your idea is better, I'll totally avoid you and not disturb you for the whole of tomorrow. What a shame that would be though," He faked a dramatic sigh.

This. Is. Legit. Sehun thought, think about it. A whole day without Luhan. None of his pestering, no glares, no frustration. Just pure freedom and relaxation and -

Spoke too soon.

"But if my idea is better, then you'll have to spend the whole day tomorrow with me!"

. I knew there was a catch.

Lu saw the look of disbelief on Sehun's face, it seemed like all his chances just blew away. "Well, you accept the challenge?"

Sehun contemplated in his mind. And he came to an answer that took much thought.

"It's a deal."

Luhan saw how unwilling Sehun was at accepting the bet, but he seemed to have a competitive side, so he couldn't have said no.

Personally, Lu thought he had a 80% chance of winning the bet. For a number of reasons.

1. He majored in Art. He focused his life on the subject. He knew everything there was to know about art.
2. He was a creative mind. As much as his past had been a complete dark void to him, on days when he wasn't planning death threats, he liked to spend his time being creative. Using his imaginations and emotions to bring a piece of art to life. He chose the subject for a reason. It allowed him to release his tension, frustration, all the built up anger he had in him. All his artworks were a little piece of himself, no matter how worthless they may have seemed, they were priceless to him. All the paintings and sketches he made depicted some form of his life, thoughts, just everything about hi . Art was something he was good at, and he was proud.
3. He was going to win this bet. He did not want to spend a day not clinging onto Sehun, in all honesty. And if he did win, oh if he did win. A whole day with Sehun. It may have seemed against his will, but how amazing it would be to spend an entire day with him, just doing whatever he wanted, and he had to follow. Add to the fact that the little piece of 'advice' his grandmother gave him about digging in deeper was still echoing in his head. Then this seemed like a perfect opportunity. Whatever she meant anyway.

Sehun on the other hand regretted his choices.

He may have majored in Photography, but that's an almost different field to Art. He didn't know about balance and harmony. The most he'd know are that red, blue and yellow are primary colors. Anything else was way over his level of art intellect.

As much as a whole day without Luhan bugging him would be a dream come true, his chances didn't seem likely. Right now the stars were not in his favor. But that didn't mean he still couldn't give this bet a shot.

 

Luhan was pacing back and forth in his room, with MinseOK and Lay trailing their eyes wherever he went, sitting crosslegged on the bed as they gave each other glances of reassurance that Lu was still functional and not on default mode.

"Uh, so why are we here again?" Minseok piped up.

Luhan stopped in his tracks, turning his head towards Minseok, his hair a tangled mess. "I'm trying to think of an idea for the project!"

"You usually don't care that much about marks."

Luhan ruffled his already messed up jungle of hair. "This is different! I need an idea that will totally wipe that godly smile off of Sehun's face. I am winning the bet with him even if I don't sleep to figure something out."

Minseik heaved a sigh, resting his chin on the palm of his hand as Lu paced around the room again, muttering profanities and jumbled blabbers again. "I worry about you sometimes." Minseok whispered to himself.

More minutes passed, and still nothing was coming to Luhan's head.

"Why is this so frustrating?! I usually always have an idea."

"Well, maybe you're thinking too hard. Relaxing a little might get your brain to work and not malfunction from combustion." Minseok suggested.

Lay had been silent the whole time, pondering as much as Luhan was, going into that part of his mind which he often liked to visit. The one which made him look like he was high on life. The one that gave him strange but rewarding thoughts whenever he took time to visit that little part of his brain. The weird part.

"How about you use his skills to your advantage?" Lay suddenly suggested.

Lu slowly turned his head to Lay, giving him a curious and questioning look. "What do you mean?"

"Well maybe he can take a photograph of something. And you can repaint it with your awesome art skills. Maybe he was make it in black and white and then you bring it to life with vibrant colors."

Luhan sat their, thinking deeply about what Lay had just said. It took a few minutes for him to process before his eyes lit up.

"Oh my god Lay you're a genius!"

"I try not to flaunt it much." Lay whipped back his non-existent flowing hair.

"How come I never thought of this? That way both of us can actually contribute to the project. And I can win the bet! It's a win win situation. Who knew you were useful for something Lay?" Luhan cheered, before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter