A Word of Advice

Lucky Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan stared at the screen of his iPad with a look of pure determination. 奶奶 fidgeted slightly, and had they not been on Face Time but in person, she would have probably ran away. Luhan felt strangely happy about the control he had. His features morphed into a full on scowl. 奶奶 lasted for barely a second before she blinked.

"I give up!"  奶奶 finally burst and Luhan laughed,clutching his wild hair.

"I always win!" he wooted truimphantly, fist pumping.

奶奶 grinned cheekily, and Lu found his heart wrenching. He missed home, despite the fact that it felt great to be among friends and actually know he was doing what he loved. He missed being greeted with friendly smiles of his grandmother and the chatter of his cousins who would often stop by in the evenings. He missed Twix, no matter how much he loved not worrying about the little pup chewing his shoes. Suddenly, he found his smile fading as he brought his knees to his chest, sighing.

"I miss you." he whispered, feeling slightly ashamed. Voicing the words which had been on his mind since long made him feel vulnerable, something which neither of them appreciated or were okay with.

His eyes searched for any sign of disappointment on 奶奶's face, but all he saw was a loving smile.

"I miss you too." she said softly, "Do you think you can come back? Home? I know you have never stayed away. I'm sure we can commute to the college, our house is not extremely far."

Luhan toyed with his hair. As much as he found the idea appealing, he couldn't get himself to go back, not after he felt so comfortable with his new friends...and Sehun. Plus, now that he knew of Minseok's crush on Lay, he felt like it was his responibility to bring his two favorite homo weirdos together.

Smiling sadly, he shook his head. "I can't. I need to become independent, 奶奶. I promise, we'll talk everyday and I'll visit you on alternate weekends." he assured, before giving her a huge smile, reassuring her.

It was a minute before 奶奶 returned the smile and Luhan frowned. Something seemed off about his grandmother today, and he couldn't quite put a finger on it.

"Anyway, did you make any new friends?" his grandmother asked and Luhan felt like running to Antarctica. I'd rather eat my own shoe than have this ing stupid conversation, he thought, eyeing the shoes messily shoved into a corner of his room.

"C'mon Lu!" 奶奶 squealed in a high pitched voice, making him laugh.

"That was a horrible impression of Minseok. I also know that you know he is here so there is no need to pretend." he added, scrunching up his nose in distaste. "But no, I did not make any new friends."

奶奶 raised an eyebrow. "Any friends?" she asked suspiciously, and Luhan groaned, burying his head in a pillow. Everyone knew where that tone was headed to and the thought of eating a shoe felt more and more appealing.

"Nope. No friends." he said solemnly.

"Promise?" 奶奶 asked suspiciously.

Luhan nodded. "Definitely."

"Sure?"

"Yes! "

"Luhan, don't lie to me."  奶奶 whined and Luhan groaned.

"Do you mean Lay? Do you? There is no way I'd ever like that stoned piece of s-"

"Language!" 奶奶 chided, interrupting him.

"-sillyness." he finished, saving his words in the end.

His grandmother frowned, crossing her arms. "Lair. There is no way you did not meet even a single good looking guy or girl. Which ever your preference. Rosetta is such a huge place! "

I'm very much straight thank you very much.

Luhan fidgeted as he contemplated whether to confide in her or n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter