A Year Before (Christmas special part 1)

Wu Family Antics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Please do take time to upvote this fic. I would be very much motivated to write every chapter with vigor. 

Warning for Kyungsoo’s anger and mouth, Yifan’s stress, and also, the Hun duo’s world domination. (insert evil laugh of the duo).

Minseok – 9 years old

 

Sehun – 5 years old

 

Seohun – 3 years old

 

 

In which Yifan finds another house because their current one is “not his style”, and the “Hun duo” claims the master’s bedroom of their new house.

 

(Christmas Special Part 1)

 

 

            “Soo,” 

            “What is it this time, Kris?”

            “I don’t like how our bedroom is too far from the kid’s wing of the house.”

 

            Kyungsoo’s eye twitched in annoyance and tried to swat his whiny husband, but alas, the giant was too quick. “That’s the fourth time you whined to me. What’s the house doing to you? Is it offending you?”

 

            The dragon prince sheepishly scratched his nape.

 

            Maybe Kyungsoo’s calculations were wrong. Well, actually, it is wrong. It was Yifan’s tenth time to whine to his wife. The house is ticking his husband off for some reason.

 

            “It’s just… isn’t my style anymore.”

            “The house… ‘isn’t your style anymore’?! What’s that supposed to mean?”

            “I don’t know, the house isn’t as cool as before, I guess?”

            “You guess?!”

 

           You’re not making any sense, honey.

 

           In truth, Yifan loathed the estate. It was big and pretty, an estate that any family would die to own. The only reason he hated it to the core because it was only given to them, an inheritance Kyungsoo received after he married and was crowned as queen. It didn’t sit well with him that the house was passed on for generations, many people lived and possibly died here, and don’t get him started on the topic about the furniture that continues to linger there. He wants a house that’s new and designed by him, not a house that may as well serve as a temple for all dead souls that lived here before them. Disney’s “A Haunted Mansion” really got to Yifan bad; blame his children, who was so eager to watch the film. Yifan thought that Disney made movies for children with pleasing genres, horror and suspense really aren't really for children (well, it wasn’t really for him, the children had a great time watching dead souls roam around a freaky house like it was normal).

 

           “Then why don’t you go out and search for a new one? ‘Cause honestly, I can’t take your random whining anymore.” Having a giant pop out of nowhere to whine wasn’t really Kyungsoo’s cup of tea. He nearly had a heart attack when Yifan suddenly barged into their bathroom while he was showering.

           

           Kyungsoo moaned in relaxation. Nothing could beat warm water after a long day from the restaurant. The demon queen cautiously opened his eyes to reach for his bottle of shampoo and poured the liquid into his awaiting palm, he let out a sigh of relief when he lathered it into his hair; his favorite scent wafting to his nose. He couldn’t wait to get clean.

 

           Suddenly, the bathroom door opened with a bang, startling him. “Soo, have you noticed the curtains? It’s so not my sty—“ Yifan’s first greatest mistake.

 

           Kyungsoo accidentally opened his eyes to grasp the shower curtains to his body, “what the hell are you doing, you giant lizard?! Get the out!”

 

           “It’s not like I haven’t seen you—“

           “You have a  split second to get out before I kill you! My eyes ing burns because of you!”

           “You need help? I can—“

           “Out!” There was no denying that the earth quaked for a moment.

           And Kyungsoo would never forget the time when he nearly dropped the peppershaker into the casserole he was making last night, he nearly hurled his limited edition kitchen knives at him.

           Kyungsoo hummed, his hips swaying to Michael Buble’s version of “Let it Snow”. His arm extended to reach for the peppershaker, “Let it snow, let is snow—“

 

           “I don’t like how our bathroom has brass plated faucets…” Yifan randomly made himself known, rendering Kyungsoo to nearly experience his first cardiac arrest.

           “What the —“ The Gordon Ramsey like chef loose grip on the peppershaker, he let out a loud screech of utter horror as he watches it descend to the casserole in slow motion.

 

           His husband’s hand shot up and caught it before it makes contact, “geez, Soo. Don’t screech, being deaf is not exactly in my agenda.” He says as if nothing nearly unforgiveable happened.

           

           How the did he get here and when? I didn’t feel his presence!

 

           “Why the hell are you in here? I thought you were painting upstairs!”

           “I was, but I had to go to the bathroom to pee.”

 

           “Shisus Choi,” The demon queen muttered, stirring the contents of the casserole. Seriously, he didn’t know how or why he married his husband. Maybe it was the face, but it turns out that his face hid his alien-like or 4D-like tendencies.

 

           “—and I turned the faucet on to wash my hands and noticed how ugly the brass looked! It makes our bathroom look old—“

 

           That was the last straw for Kyungsoo. “Kris, of course the bathroom would look old, this is an ancestral house!” He says, throwing the spoon he used for taste test to the sink none-too-gently. “Just search for a new house since you won’t stop whining about how it isn’t your style. I’ll gladly move at any house as long as you stop and we get settled in before Christmas (but that’s impossible).”

           And that’s how Yifan disappeared for 3 days straight, but Kyungsoo didn’t care, he was too focused on relishing the feeling of a peaceful house with no giant lizards popping out of nowhere and saying “not my style” every single hour. And he perfectly knew Yifan would be fine on his own. The kids didn’t care either; they were too preoccupied in playing with each other.

 

           “Day two, and still no house.” Yifan dramatically said, turning at the next curb he sees. He’s been searching for a new estate non-stop, going and asking around the real-estate agencies for any offers. Yifan’s confused as to why they weren’t any agent jumping at him to introduce a house, eager to please the paycheck he or she would receive if they indeed succeed in selling a house that cost millions. He remembered the time when an agent nearly threw himself at his car—his baby. Good thing he was able to shove him away in time before he could come in contact with his fourth baby and scratch the spoiled thing.

           They were on the way to their friend’s house but had to stop to ask for directions. Then suddenly, a man with a big creepy smile on his face started to jog towards them.

 

           “Baba, there’s a creepy man coming towards us,” Minseok informs them, ushering Sehun and Seohun back inside the car, fearing the worst.

 

           “Kids, buckle yourselves in. Yifan, get in the car now!” Kyungsoo exclaimed, clicking his own seatbelt in place, “we’re going to dash this creep!”

 

           “Hello, sir, would you like to look at this new estate that we—“

           “Nope, sorry. Not interested.” The dragon prince hastily went inside the car, still not closing the door.

           “But sir—“

           “Nope, sorry. Not in a million years.” He muttered, turning the car’s ignition on.

 

           The sound must’ve triggered something in the real-estate agent because he starts to sprint towards their car.

 

           “Sir, wait!”

 

           Kyungsoo’s eyes widened by a fraction, realizing something, “Yifan.”

           “What?” His wife rarely called him by his real name, he had some sort of with his second name, and calling him by his real name meant he was serious.

           “The guy’s gone mad, I think he plans on jumping on the hood.”

 

           “Oh, hell no!” Yifan unbuckled his seat belt and got himself out of the car in record time. There was no way in hell he was going to let some creep scratch his baby.

 

           “Sir, thank you for taking the time—“ The crazy agent surely didn’t see it coming. First he was sprinting towards the tall male, the next, he was flung back towards the house he was trying to sell.

 

           Yifan huffed, observing his handiwork, and he tucks his right wing back inside his making it disappear from his back. No one scratches his baby Hummer. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter