Confusing Heritage

Wu Family Antics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS BLOOD. GOOD LUCK. 

I AM BAEK BACK! Did you guys miss me? Well, I couldn't just enter my first year of college without posting a new chapter. To explain my lack of update . . . A lot has happened to me these past 2 months. A lot of Exo drama bombarded me to stop writing for a while and help support our babies! ^^ I was going to write again after the LMR promotions, but depressing things happened and I just couldn't write. Let's just say I lost one of my muse for this story. Boohoo. But no worries! I'm happier than ever and I'm back to writing again thanks to so much chanbaek interactions to keep me happy. 

And to one of the people I replied to with too much sass, I apologize. I was too stressed at that time.

Minseok – 10 years old

 

Sehun – 6 years old

 

Seohun – 4 years old

 

 

In which Sehun cannot approach Seohun

 

 

           On that Monday morning, panic surged the Wu Family. Their princess is sick.

            Kyungsoo hastily made his way to their bedroom door, almost tripping on his own foot. The sight of Sehun gasping for air and a wild look in his eyes greeted him along with gusts of wind blowing from various directions messing up the lingering furniture in the corridors.

            “Sehun, calm down! Baby, I need you to calm—Yifan, get his spare inhaler inside my side drawer!”

            Kris, who was slipping in and out of consciousness with his head hanging on the edge of the bed, abruptly woke at Kyungsoo’s shrill command. He scrambles to his wife’s side drawer after falling with a loud thud. 

            “YIFAN!”

            “I’M COMING!” He barked, going through Kyungsoo’s drawer filled with meaningless crap. Where did all of these knick knacks come from?! And are those handcuf--

            His long fingers were able to grasp the blue inhaler amidst the said crap and dashed towards his son, taking the cap off it. Kyungsoo wastes no time in snatching it from him and slipping it into his son’s lips.

            “Inhale.” Spray. “Hold it with me for three seconds, baby.”

            Kyungsoo held his breath and Sehun did his best to mimic his mother, Kris stood by their side, body tense and anticipating as he waits with his arms open to catch Sehun if his inhaler didn’t do its job. Thankfully it did.

“Exhale,” Sehun’s body slowly went lax and Kris was able to catch him in time. “Better?"    

            “Umma. . . Seohunnie. . .”

            “Yes, we know. Come on.” Kris got up to his full height with Sehun in his arms, following Kyungsoo’s tracks.

            Minseok woke up to the sound of furniture being banged on the walls of the corridor outside his room. His mind instantly came up with the idea of Sehun throwing a tantrum, making his sleepy state vanish. Trouble is happening. 

            After discovering the post-apocalyptic state outside of his room and putting them back to place, he made his way to the Hun duo’s room. It wasn’t really hard to guess where the trouble came from considering that his mother was pacing, when his mother paced he’s borderline stomping.

            Seeing a frown etched on his mother’s forehead and Sehun’s scowl basically on a new level, he became worried. Clearly their problem wasn’t at all simple.

            “Umma, what’s wrong?”

            “It’s Seohun, she’s sick. Your baba is checking on her right now.” Kyungsoo replies, pausing in his pacing to ruffle Sehun’s hair absentmindedly. Indeed their mother was out of it. 

            “Why aren’t you the one checking, umma? You’re better at it than baba.”

            “Because your baba is the only one who can stand the heat, dragons don’t get burnt after all.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes remember his husband’s silly statement. He never thought it would actually come in handy. 

            “Umma, shouldn’t we call the doctor?” Sehun grumbles, picking at the arm of the leather chair he was sitting on. 

            “Let’s wait for your baba to come out before we do anything, okay?”           

 

            "Still . . ." Sehun murmurs, blatantly glaring at the door. Why can't his Baba hurry up? His little sister might be dying and they're still here, not calling for a doctor!

               Heads turn up at the sound of door clicking open. Not a second later, Kris’ head appeared through the gap, his face grim as his resting face could.

               “What’s wrong with her, Yifan?” 

               “It’s bad. She has a fever, but her power is like a live wire right now—it’s mimicking her immune system.” Kris says, running a hand through his hair. 

               “Who should we call then, Yixing? Should we get her to the hospital?” Kyungsoo grips Sehun’s tense body to his chest as a coping mechanism.

               The dragon prince shook his head, “no, we can’t call Yixing on this one. He won’t stand the heat she’s radiating. We can’t get her to the hospital, she might cause second degree burns inside.” 

               “Well what do you suppose we do then?”

               “I’ll ring Suho, he might know a doctor specialising in our powers. For now, Minseok,” Minseok raised his head up to look at his father.

               “What is it, baba?” 

               “Can you use your powers on your little sister?” 

                What the—

               Minseok’s face contorted to surprise, “Baba, I don’t think my powers are safe to use on people, let alone Seohun.” 

                “But you’re the only one who would be able to cool her down. Maybe you could even stand the heat.” 

                “Yifan, Minseok might get sick!” Kyungsoo exclaims. 

                “We don’t have any choice right now! Let Minseok try. I have feeling he could do this.” 

                Silence consumed the family; nobody could utter a word, having their own internal battles. It was messed up; they were stuck in a dire trial and error situation. Not only that, time wasn’t their friend. They had to take action fast. 

                “Hyung, you can try, right? It’s for Seohunnie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter