02

Afar

The fansite masters gathered around a table. Nobody spoke after the meal as everyone was busy.

Laptops, DSLRs, tablets, smartphones scattered on the table as the fansite masters busied themselves to update a couple of their newly taken photos.

Everyone knew that the faster and more active their updates bring about more followers. Silently, they compared.

“Everyone done?” One of them spoke.

“Let’s go~" 

The fan site masters boarded the plane within the next 20 minutes and a few has drifted off to dreamland the moment they made themselves comfortable on the plane seats. INFINITE had a schedule in Taiwan yesterday and today, they were going to Japan. And so the fansite masters too, barely slept a wink before flying off again. The plane seemed like their second home sometimes. For some, it was considerably their only home.

“Is that your family?” Miyoung asked as she played with Sujeong’s LV wallet, noticing her family photo.  

She nodded.

“That’s nice… I wish my family was still around. I-I…”  She paused with a bitter smile.

“-lost them in an accident 5 years ago.”

“Hey…” Sujeong whispered, concealing any hints of sympathy in her voice.

“But it’s okay, I have them and that’s enough.” She wiped the screen of her DSLR of a picture of INFINITE.

“My family, they probably wished I weren’t around.” Sujeong sighed.

“At least they are still here for you.” Miyoung mumbled as she snuggled into the seat, eyes closed.

Sujeong held onto her hands as she fell asleep with a smile across her face.

A tear slid out from the corner of her eyes.

“I wish you meet them in your dreams.” Sujeong thought.  

It was a short flight and packed schedule ahead. The fan sites barely had time to rest at their hotels before rushing to the concert venue with their fan goods.

“Thank you so much. This is for you.” The Japanese inspirit said with a pretty smile.

Japanese inspirits have always been so kind and polite, Sujeong thought.

“Thank you.” She bowed, accepting her chocolate.

Let’s keep loving infinite infinitely!

She read the note attached to the back of the chocolate bar.

“Infinitely...” She mumbled to herself.  

The concert started with a video flashed across the screen. Screams aroused from everywhere as the individual members’ faces were shown on the screen. Some fans cried, some fans laughed, some fans screamed while others were too busy taking pictures or videos that they forgot to enjoy the moment. The curtains dropped and the boys jumped onto the stage. They did their Japanese greetings and bowed one by one. Not forgetting, they flashed their smiles and did many fan service for inspirits.

“Let’s go!” Dongwoo yelled into the mike and the music started.

Fanchants accompanied Japanese version of ‘Back’ and the boys were dancing to the beat charismatically. Myungsoo smiled in Sujeong’s direction and she hit the shutter rapidly. Every time he did it, she felt like she melted into an unrecognizable puddle.  Kim Myungsoo was the package of cuteness, charism, looks, talents, vocals, basically everything and perhaps that was why he was destined to be that shining star on stage. She was only fit to be a tiny part of the pearl metal gold ocean supporting him from below. However, she was still glad that out of everyone here, he saw her. He knew her existence and that was the most she could wish for.

Sujeong was satisfied or so she thought.

“I love you!” She placed her DSLR down and shouted together with the others.

For once, she wanted to relive how it was like to be a normal inspirit.

She missed the days when she could go hysterical for successfully purchasing a front row seat online. She missed the days when she only had a lightstick with her and she would wave it so hard until the light went out. Sometimes, she missed being an inspirit and not a fansite master with ten thousands followers and ten thousands commitments. Sujeong sighed before taking out her DSLR after 10 minutes. She steadied her hands and contained her excitement, recording the remaining performances.

The fansite masters headed back to their hotels, discussing about the photos they took at the concert venues. Showing each other their favourite shots, they spazzed excitedly. Sujeong looked out of the window, wondering how her family was doing in Seoul. She wondered if her parents had their dinner and whether her sister was doing homework. She hoped her sister wouldn’t fall asleep on the table again.

 

From: Sae Ra   

Eonnie! How’s the concert in Tokyo?

I saw your updates on twitter, all of them are soooo handsome tonight *~*

By the way, dad and mum are asking me when you’re back…

 

To: Sae Ra

-6 pictures sent-

Here’s some of my favourite shots for tonight. Your favourite Sunggyu for you. I will be back after a week.

Sleeping soon, nights. Sleep early today, don’t study too hard!

 

Upon receiving the message, Sae Ra threw her phone onto her bed and kicked the teddy bear off the bed.  

There was a fan sign the next morning so most of them turned in after washing up.

Removing their make-up, their lethargic faces showed how sleep deprived and tired they were.

“Good night everyone!”

“Ne~” They chorused.

 

The next day…

Sujeong held onto her album, practicing her perfect smile. She noticed Myungsoo was in a jolly mood today. It was not the fake- happy mood he was in sometimes. The L facade was shed and thrown away completely today, she was glad. He was genuinely happy and she wondered if something good has happened recently. Kneeling before him, she passed him her album. Their fingers brushed past each other and Sujeong bit her lips. She blushed.

“Your face is red…” Myungsoo pointed out in amusement. 

She blushed harder, placing her hands on her face. Her cheeks were burning as she averted his gaze. Myungsoo laughed cutely, placing his palm on her head.

“You are so cute.” He complimented.

The crowd screamed at their oppa’s actions and she felt her heart racing. Nicole who was kneeling beside Sujeong, before Sungjong, frowned. 

“H-Have you eaten?” She managed to choke out those words.

“Yes. Eat well tonight, too! Arraso?” he asked.

She smiled brightly and nodded.

Taking her signed album, she moved onto the next member.

Sungyeol smiled knowingly at Sujeong and signed her album.

“Why do you like Myungsoo so much?”

She looked up at Sungyeol in both surprise and confusion.

 

 

"Outside the gates of your castle, I want to be there until your princess arrives. " 

 

Author's Note: 

I hope you guys like this chapter update! :D 
If you like it, please don't hesistate to comment/ subscribe! <3 
It would spur me to update more, more and more!!! 
Thank you so much everyone~