Part 2

Daes of Love

Heyyy, thanks so much for the subs/comments/upvotes! Here's the next chapter!

And for maximum feels acceleration, search up Missing Me by RJ Helton on Youtube. The lyrics don't completely fit with the story but it's a good background song:D The Nightcored version is pretty good too:)


Fridae


 

Kim Jongin is weird little man. Who is not that little.


 

Basically, I told Kyungsoo that Kim Jongin requested to have a word with him. I was expecting a fight or another violent way of communication.


 

So imagine my surprise when I strolled casually into the dance team's practice room and discovered the two belting out Christmas carols at the top of their lungs. Like, legit belting.


 

Of course, I had to question Kyungsoo about it afterwords.


 

Oh, you mean all that 'Happy New Year' stuff? Yeah, Jongin just wants me to help him with his singing.”


 

...I thought you despised him...”


 

...I might reconsider how I feel about him.”


 

...Well, okay then! By the way, it's April. I just thought you ought to know the truth.”


 

And the truth will hurt sometimes but sometimes you just need to GET OVER IT.


 

Mondae


 

I, Zhang Yixing, present the very accurate list of Twelve Flaws of Kim Jongdae.

(with very miniscule help from Do Kyungsoo)


1. He's nice, but you know what they say-it's always the nicest people who are the meanest.


 

Yixing hyung, honey, nobody says that.”

 

...Shhh, Kyungsoo.”

 

2. He is a total spaz.

 

"And what proof do you have?"

 

"He was freaking out about his sewing project that's due a month from now. I know because Joonmyeon told me."

 

"...haha, Joonmyeon hyung sews..."

 

"...that is pretty funny..."

 

3. He is probably just being nice to me because I'm new and he's just trying to be polite. And that's because he's wayyyy too concerned about what people think of him.

 

"...Hyung, you're overthinking this whole find-flaws-about-Jongdae-thing. The dude's cool."

 

"Soo, you're supposed to be on my side!"

 

"I'm not taking sides. I think that you should get over Jongdae but he shouldn't get under you."

 

"...Kyungsoo, do you ever hear the things that come out of your mouth?"

 

"...Yes. Wise advice. That's what comes out of my mouth."

 

So, we (meaning Kyungsoo) eventually came to the conclusion that Jongdae is just too perfect and we should stop with this list.


Tuesdae

I thought I would get to have a pleasant afternoon hanging out with Minseok and Joonmyeon at the mall but who did we see?

Freaking Kim Jongdae and Byun Baekhyun. Together. Hand-in-hand and shopping bags in their other hands that are not currently entwined with each other's hands and causing me to go absolutely insane with envy inside.

And of course they spot us as well and of course they come over and say hi.

I don't care how unmanly I sound; my heart was crying and my mind was commanding my heart to get it together. My heart wouldn't listen and it kept on weeping and weeping as Jongdae flashed that beautiful smile at me.

Except he didn't and he really flashed it at Baek.

Do I care?

I'd rather not, but I do.


Wednesdae

So a new student arrived today. And he speaks Chinese like me! I think he is quite pleasant from what I've seen so far.

 

I basically said to him:

 

"Hello, I'm Yixing! And I also speak Chinese! Not that that completely defines my entire being, but yeah!"

 

And he pleasantly responded in an upbeat an positive manner:

 

"...I'm Luhan! We should be friends!"

 

A little ataken back at his directness, I said:

 

"...Well, okay!"

 

Seriously, he actually said 'We should be friends'. And that's cool because it shows how confident he is.

 

I didn't choose friendship with Luhan. Friendship with Luhan chose me.

 

...

 

But do you know what didn't choose me? Or rather who didn't choose me?

 

Come on, you should really know the answer by now.

 

<3


Thursdae

Luhan has joined the short wall. Yes, you can join even if you aren't short. I joined and I'm not short.

 

("Pffft," goes the Kyungsoo)

 

He hit it off with Minseok almost immediately and that made me happy but also kind of sad because Minseok didn't choose friendship with Luhan. Friendship with Luhan chose him.

So, um, Luhan will probably develop deep feelings for Minseok and Minseok will probably confess that he's always loved Joonmyeon and that will lead to Luhan, an innocent boy who fell so fast, to be absolutely crushed and heartbroken. And Minseok's supposed feelings will really complicate things because Joonmyeon has apparently started going out with that Chanyeol guy.

I really want to meet Chanyeol. He seems nice.

So, yeah, then Luhan will feel really depressed and his depression will continue to grow and spiral into a pit of nothing but absolute darkness. He'll write in his journal of loneliness about how he will never get to be Joonmyeon and have Minseok look at him that special way and his depression will never go away.

Ever.

"Hmm, that story sounds familiar," said Kyungsoo when I told him about my prediction on Luhan and Minseok's future relationship.

I don't know what the heck he's talking about. That prediction was certainly not based on any events that have already occured and it definitely had nothing to do with me and Jongdae's relationship.

 

Especially considering we never actually had a relationship.


Fridae

Today, Kyungsoo asked me if I was okay.

(Oh look, that rhymes!)

I told him not to worry about it.

...

"Do you want to know a secret, hyung?"

 

"Well, yeah! I'm glad you trust me so much, Kyungie."

 

"Last year, I had a crush on Baek."

 

"...Oh. My. Gosh. Seriously?"

 

"Yeah. And the thing is, I think I might like him again. Considering that Sehun is with Jongin now, and yeah... "

 

"...Oh, My. Gosh. Seriously?"

 

"...Yeah. And I know you still like Jongdae and you're more than depressed about how he's dating Baekhyun. I'm upset too. Not to the extent of your depression but about one tier down. So I propose we break them up!"

 

"...Oh. My. Gosh. Seriously?"

 

"Look, you and I both know that you would be lying if you said you wouldn't be happy if they broke up."

 

"...You're right. So what's the plan?"

 

"I'll text you about it tomorrow."

 


 Saturdae

 

It's twelve-thirty AM and Kyungsoo has yet to inform me of the plan.


Sundae

 

It's twelve-thirty PM and still nothing.


Still Sundae

...What am I thinking? I can't just try to break them up. No matter what Kyungsoo thinks, it's not going to feel good if I go through with the plan that he still hasn't told me about.

...

It's stupid, I know, but maybe my own happiness just might come from seeing Jongdae happy.

...Maybe.


Oh My Gosh Why Can't I Freaking Sleep

...I've witnessed Jongdae happy with Baekhyun and frankly, I'm not happy.

 

If only it could be me that's making Jongdae smile and laugh and all that other stuff.

 

But I know it can't be.


Seriously

But does that neccessarily mean I must ruin their relationship just to give mine a slightly greater chance?


Mondae

Screw it.

 

"Kyungsoo ah, I've decided that it's wrong to sabatoge the relationship between our unrequited crushes. I mean, I don't like it but I like a plan to make them both unhappy even less."

 

"..."

 

"So whatever your plan is, I do not wish to partake in it in any way."

 

"..."

 

"Kyungsoo?"

 

"...Well, I expected this."

 

"...Huh?"

 

"...I knew you wouldn't go through with the plan. Especially since you never knew what it was. And that's probably I never told you the plan. And that's probably due to the fact that I never had a plan to break them up in the first place. Which is because I never especially wanted them to break up."

 

"...Are you-"

 

"Oh, by the way, I really did used to like Baek. But I don't anymore."

 

"-kidding me?"

 

"I knew you would realize on your own that you couldn't do it to either of them. It was pretty much half a test and half a form of entertainment for myself."

 

"...I really hate you right now."

 

"...No, you don't. You love me."

 

"...I-"

 

"No, wait; you love Jongdae."

 

"...I-"

 

"Or you at least really, really, really like him. Yixing, I assure you; it's going to be okay. Maybe he and Baek will last forever, maybe they won't. Either way, it's going to take time but time will pass and so will your feelings."

 

"...I doubt it's that easy. I've tried and tried but I just can't get over him."

 

"You're right. It's not easy at all but it's definitely possible."

 

"...You really think so?"

 

"...I do. And I think I know what can distract you long enough from thinking about Jongdae."

 

"What?"

 

"Well-oh HEY Luhan, how are YOU?"

 

Long story short, I have agreed to hang out with Luhan in a condition where we are alone together.

 

I don't consider it a date. And now that I think about it, maybe he doesn't either?


Tuesday

Hey, guess what!

...

...

...

"So Yixing, I will put this out there quite directly; you and I are going on a date tomorrow?"

 

"...I think-maybe-sure-yeah, okay!"

 

Me and my confusing niceness at work.


Wednesday

So, that went unexpectedly. Basically, our "date" composed of venturing out to the nearby cinema and then heading to the Frapp House for exchanges of small talk and various types of coffee. Luhan had let me pick the movie, and we ended up watching The Kittens.

Don't let the title fool you. It was a horror flick about a kid who consumes kittens routinely but ends up getting devoured by a vicious large cat.

I don't even know how we ended up watching it. Luhan was very honest with me and told me afterwords that he wasn't big on scary movies, but thought that I was. I actually happen to immensely dislike horror movies but had previously assumed that Luhan would be into them.

So that was fun.

We then proceeded to journey to the Frapp House and dined very sophisticatedly on low-fat lemon meringue pie. But not an entire pie because that's just a waste of time. In fact, we happily consumed one slice together.

As mentioned in an above paragraph, Luhan and I exchanged small talk, speaking of everything from our old schools to our friend groups to goldfish and why some of them aren't even gold.

But the conversation just had to take this specific turn:

"Hey, Yixing, are you any good at math?"

"Hmm, I'm doing okay. As long as I have the basics down, I think I'll be fine."

"Well, I kind of at it. And I was wondering if you could help me."

"Me? Probably not a good idea. I think there are better and more efficient tutors."

"Okay, then. You know any?"

"Well, Joonmyeon sort of gets it a lot more than most of us."

"Hmm, okay. Thanks."

...

Wait, wrong conversation. I can't believe I wasted all that paper on writing about math and how Joonmyeon is better at it than I am.

Oh well; I'm not going to waste any more time erasing it.

...

Here's what I meant to write:

"Yixing, have you heard of Park Chanyeol?"

"Heard of him, yes. Why?"

"Did he really sew himself to a sewing machine?"

"My sources confirm that he did indeed do that."

"Cool, I heard about it from this guy named Jongdae."

"...Oh, did you now?"

...

I'm too weak.

 

But hanging out with Luhan was pretty fun. I really admire his straightforward-ness.

But would I like to do it again?

 

We'll see.


Thursdae

Must they always show up in the places I happen to be?

What does Baekhyun have that I don't?

Can they not swing their entwined hands back and forth like that?

They look perfectly-perfectly correct together. They are pretty much the same height, which just adds to the perfection they display.

I wonder if it would hurt less if Baek was not my friend.

Maybe it would lack at least some pain if he was a jerk.

Or it would be worse. Or equally bad.

 

Really, as long as Jongdae is involved with the equation with someone who is not me, it'll break me. Not just my heart but me.

<3

 


Fridae

No. Freaking. Way.

...

"I must say, Kyungsoo; to be completely honest, they lasted longer than I thought they would."

"I agree, Minseok hyung. At least it was mutual."

...

...

...

Did you think they broke up?

Did you actually think that?

No. Baekhyun and Jongdae are still together.

...

And by the way, no, I don't know who Minseok and Kyungsoo were speaking of.

But I just know it can't be...them, because they were standing right there, Jongdae's hand curled around Baek's neck.

 

All happy.


...Yeah...