Part 1

Daes of Love

Monday

 

So this guy named Jongdae talked to me today. What did he talk to me about, you may ask? Well, to be honest, I'm not completely certain.

 

Jongdae has really nice eyes. And I was busy being lost in them as he spoke to me. Now that I think about it, he was probably questioning where I came from, and what my old town was like.

 

I don't even remember if I said anything back. I hope I did.

 

He has really nice eyes.

 

 

Tuesday

 

I made some new friends today. Yay me! Haha.

 

And I don't even know how it happened but I think it started when this guy Kyungsoo said hi to me. And I said hi back. The next thing I knew, I'm surrounded by this huge wall of short people. Shorter than me, haha.

 

Jongdae is short, too.

 

He wasn't part of the short wall.

 

:(

 

 

Wednesday

 

Lunch is nice when you have friends. Even if said friends are totally bizarre and loud. I thought Kyungsoo was a quiet guy.

 

I was wrong.

 

I've learned very quickly that when he starts talking about this guy Sehun, he becomes very not-quiet. I'm guessing he likes him. Or something. Maybe he just likes to talk about him.

 

I like to talk about Jongdae.

 

Didn't see him today:(

 

 

Thursday

 

I bumped into Jongdae in the halls today. Literally.

 

Sorry, Yixing.” he said, brushing his dark brown bangs out of his eyes. They're nice eyes, have I mentioned that? And his hair. It looks so soft. Can I touch it? Seriously?

 

Still can't get over the fact he remembers my name.

Or even knows it.

 

 

Friday

 

I learned something new about Jongdae today. Here's an excerpt of the dialogue that took place at lunch today:

 

Kyungsoo: Did you notice that Sehun dyed his hair green today?

Minseok (another one of my new friends): It's kind of hard not to, Soo.

Kyungsoo: He looks so good.

Baekhyun (another brick in the wall of short people, aka my friends): Like always.

Kyungsoo: Back off, Baek. Sehunnie is mine.

Baekhyun: Well, guess again, Soo. I overheard Sehun saying something about wanting to impress Kim Jongin.

Kyungsoo: WHAT?! Well, Jongin better back off unless he wants to face the wrath of Do Kyungsoo and his small yet powerful fists!

Joonmyeon (you guessed it-another short brick): Jongin's that tall, tan kid, right? Jongdae's brother?

Kyungsoo: Yeah and I'M SO MUCH PRETTIER THAN JONGIN! LIKE SERIOUSLY, WHAT DOES MY SEHUNNIE SEE IN HIM?!

 

So yeah. I learned that Jongdae's last name is Kim.

 

...

 

I know, shut up.

 

 

Still Friday

 

...I think I might like Jongdae.

 


Saturdae

 

Before you assume I only like Jongdae for his looks, let me tell you all the other great things about him.

 

  1. He is really nice.

  2. He is actually quite calm about things. You don't find many of those these days. I know because he got a paper cut when he was putting up a poster about...something (I was looking at him and not the poster) and he didn't freak out.

  3. He is friendly to new kids like me.

  4. He has a nice singing voice. I heard him singing quietly once.

  5. He is funny, when it is appropriate to be. I was a witness.

  6. He is smart too. I think.

     

    See? Jongdae would be the perfect boyfriend.

For me, of course.

 

 

Mondae

 

Poor Kyungsoo. We found out today that Sehun really is going out with Kim Jongin. Soo was crying. He said he wasn't but I know better. Minseok, Joonmyeon, Baek, and I told him he deserved better, and that Sehun was an idiot if he couldn't see how great of a couple they would be. Also that Kim Jongin is not as attractive as he is. I don't know why I keep saying Jongin's last name.

 

Probably because it's Jongdae's last name too.

 

<3

 

 

Tuesdae

 

So apparently, Kim Jongin is a dancer. I know because Minseok said that I should try out for the dance team. So I did.

And I made it! Annnnnnd Kim Jongin extended his hand and said “Welcome to the team, Zhang Yixing hyung.”

 

Annnnnnnnd thennnnnn Kyungsoo walked by with Baek and I flung myself behind a fake cactus nearby. Because I don't think Soo would appreciate me talking to his romantic rival.

 

Also, Jongdae was walking with them and I was being sweaty and unattractive. I didn't even know they were friends.

 

 

Wednesdae

 

Turns out Kyungsoo and Baek know Jongdae from vocal club. When they asked me why I wanted to know about Jongdae, I said that he was really nice.

 

That's honestly all I said and now they want to set me up. Yes, Kyungsoo too.

 

And I wouldn't mind, except in the week I've known Baekhyun, there's something that makes me believe he isn't the best matchmaker.

There was also a strange look on his face when I mentioned Jongdae. I've seen it before, but I don't know where...

 

 

 

Still Wednesdae

 

Everyone is currently at my house, watching movies and eating everything. The reason why I'm writing in this now is because Kyungsoo is carefully frosting the cupcakes he brought, even though he could've just frosted them at his own home before he came over, and Minseok is in the bathroom washing his hands after Kyungsoo threw frosting at him because he's “NAWT DONE YEHT!”. Joonmyeon and Baekhyun are arguing about who should have ended up together in that one movie or another and I got tired of listening to them and Kyungsoo isn't letting anyone touch his precious cupcakes that he will indeed share with us.

 

Okay, Soo is done and Minseok came back. Now they're all arguing. Well actually, Minseok is just nodding his head and agreeing with everybody.

 

Let's hear another round of dialogue between them, shall we?

 

Baekhyun: Joonmyeon hyung, you're wrong!

Joonmyeon: No, I'm totally correct!

Kyungsoo: Guys, stop yelling or you won't get any cupcakes!

Minseok: (nods)

Joonmyeon and Baekhyun: Fineeeee...

Minseok: (turns to me) So, Jongdae, hmmm?...

Me: Well...

Baekhyun: YES OF COURSE, JONGDAE.

Me: ...

Joonmyeon: Oh, do you like him, Yixing?

Me: Well...

Kyungsoo: That means yes. Yixing hyung reeeeeally likes him.

Joonmyeon: That's nice. Jongdae is really cool, from my few conversations with him.

Baekhyun: Yeah, he's cool. Unlike you, hyung.

Joonmyeon: (glares at Baek, then turns to me again) I know him from sewing class.

Baekhyun: Hyung takes sewing class?

Me: Jongdae takes sewing class?

Minseok: He's done.

Kyungsoo: Oh, yeah.

Joonmyeon: Yixing, what is that you're writing?


Thursdae

 

Today was a terrible day...

 

Said nobody.

 

BECAUSE JONGDAE ACTUALLY ASKED ME IF I WANTED TO HANG OUT AT “THE FRAPP HOUSE” TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

 

That's a coffee shop nearby, by the way.

 

I wasn't the only one who had a great day. I noticed Joonmyeon smiling oddly this morning. And Kyungsoo told me he walked past Sehun today and felt NOTHING.

 

Well then.

 

I like Jongdae<3

 

Do YOU like Jongdae?

 

Wait, you're just a book with sheets of paper in it.

 

I don't care, back off anyways<3

 

 

Fridae

 

Today was a terrible day...

 

Said nobody...

 

BUT ME! Do you KNOW what happened? YOU DON'T AND I WILL SHARE WITH YOU WHAT HAPPENED!

 

Jongdae and I went to The Frapp House and THIS HAPPENED:

 

Jongdae: Hey Yixing, you're really friendly. I think.

Me:...Yes? Thank you?

My internal monologue-voice: OMG YOU'RE TALKING TO MEEEEEE!!!!!

Jongdae: Um, no problem. I mean, you're welcome. Anyway, you're friends with

Do Kyungsoo, right? That short kid?

Me: Yup.

Jongdae: Can you talk to me for him?

Me: ...may I ask why?...

My internal monologue-voice: SHOOT, DO YOU LIKE HIM OR SOMETHING?!

Jongdae: Oh, it's because my brother wants to ask him something...

Me: Kim Jongin?

My internal monologue-voice: THANK GOODNESS, I THOUGHT YOU-

Jongdae: Yeah. I don't know what that's about. Anyway, you're friends with Joonmyeon, right? That short dude.

Me: I am. And you are as well?

My internal monologue-voice: OH NO, YOU LIKE HIM?!

Jongdae: Yeah. Can you do me another favour and ask him if he likes this one guy-you might not know him- named Park Chanyeol?

Me: Ohhh, you're right, I have no idea who that is but, sure!

My internal monologue-voice: OH MY GOSH PLEASE STOP SCARING ME! I KNOW YOU'RE REALLY HOT AND ALL BUT STOP!

Jongdae: Great, thanks. And, well...I have one more thing to ask of you...You know Baekhyun? Eyeliner, loud, a tad bit strange?

Me: ...Yeeeess?

My internal monologue-voice: Eyeliner, loud, very strange, and not somebody you would like?

Jongdae: Can you ask him...

My internal monologue-voice: If I can throw something at him? If Sehun can throw something at him? If that Chanyeol guy can throw something a-

Jongdae:...can you ask him if he-if he likes me?

Me: ...Sure.

My internal monologue-voice: ASDFGHJKL-

Jongdae: Thanks, dude. I think I can really call you a friend.

 

 

Yeah, Jongdae. A friend.

 

<3

 

 

Sunday

 

You know what? I don't care about Kim Jongdae anymore.

Screw it. I can do better.

 

I CAN do better.

 

I can.

 

I can.

 

...

 

No.

 

I can't get the single most considerate, sweetest, kindest, funniest, and just overall greatest guy in the entire universe, so how can I do better?

 

 

Monday

 

I did it.

 

I asked Baekhyun if he liked Jongdae.

 

...

 

He said no. And I'm pretty certain it was because he knew I liked him and he just couldn't do that to me.

 

I know where I saw that look on Baek's face from before. It was the same way looked at Jongdae. I can't see my own face, I know, but there are just some things you know for sure.

 

Baek is a good friend.

 

Kyungsoo noticed that I seemed down today. He questioned me about it and I told him nothing was wrong. He knew better.

 

You'll find someone better. I mean, Jongdae is a cool guy, but there are other birds in the sky.”

 

...Don't you mean 'other fish in the sea'?”

 

No, I mean 'other birds in the sky'.”

 

Soo is a good friend too.

 

...Shoot, I just realized I forgot to tell him that Jongin needed to ask him something. Oh well, I'll remember tomorrow. Hopefully.

 

I also found out why Joonmyeon was smiling so oddly the other day.

 

Park Chanyeol.

 

And an idiot who sewed himself to the sewing machine, and had to have Joonmyeon seperate said idiot from said sewing machine.

 

...

 

Plot twist!

 

Park Chanyeol was the aforementioned idiot.

 

 

Tuesday

 

I had to tell Jongdae what he wanted to know. It wasn't easy at all. And this was the first time I've spoken to him since the coffee conversation. The first time I've spoken to him with my knowledge of his crush on Baekhyun.

 

It how he's so nice.

 

It , the way he sighed dejectedly when I told him about Baekhyun's response.

 

It , the way his brown eyes flickered with a glimmer of hope when I told him that he should just ask Baekhyun directly because I was sure he really did like him, no matter what he told me.

 

It that I said that.

 

It that I regret it more than I should.

 

 

Thursday

 

They're together.

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae.

 

My friend and the guy I can't get over.

 

Baek did tell me that Jongdae asked him if he liked him back straight to his face. He told him he needed to think about it and told me what happened.

 

"Just...go for it, Baek." I said, smiling weakly.

 

So he did, following the wise advice of Zhang Yixing.

 

The same Zhang Yixing who lost a chance to be with somebody he still really, really likes, no matter what he tries to tell himself.

 


Umm...Hello there...

This is the first chapter and, um, yeah...

Feedback is greatly appreciated!