Part 4

Daes of Love

Mondae(?)

"WE'RE THROWING A GOING AWAY PARTY FOR HYUNG," Baekhyun screeched loudly in my ear as I kindly agreed to walk him to vocal club. Gosh, I'm so nice, right?

Then again, anyone would be considered nice if they agreed to walk Baekhyun anywhere. Like he's a dog or something.

Or a puppy. Yeah, Baek's a puppy.


 

Anyway, I was happy to comply and help Baek throw the party. And that was when this weird short guy walked by and overheard our conversation.


 

"A party, you speak of?"


 

"Why yes, a going away party for Kim Joonmyeon. You should come."


 

"If hyung doesn't mind. We have been talking more these days. Cool dude."


 

"On the contrary, he's not cool at all."


 

"Haha, okay, Baek. Open the door, already!"


 

"Okay, Jongdae. Sheesh..." Baek snorted.


 

Oh look, what a plot twist. The weird short guy was Jongdae!


 

How exciting. I care so much.


 

But I'm glad there's no bad blood between him and Baek.


Tuesdae(?)

Guess what I did today?


 

(OMG, WUT DIDJA DOOO, YIXING?)


 

I overheard a conversation that I'm pretty certain was specifically not meant for me to overhear, if anyone were to overhear at all...


 

...


 

"Hey Minseok, I have a problem."


 

"Ah. Yixing problems again, I'm guessing?"


 

(They call it 'Yixing problems'?)


 

"Yeah. How did you know?"


 

"Please, he's all you talk about!"


 

(Wow, I can't believe that.)


 

"Right. Anyway, a few days ago on our sort-of-date, I told him I like him, like you suggested..."


 

(SO IT WAS YOUR IDEA FOR HIM TO CONFESS, MINSEOK HYUNG!

...Well, thanks, I think...)


 

"Wow, way to go! I'm proud of you. What did he say?"


 

"He said he would think about it. After I told to think about it. Oh yeah, and I gave him a flower."


 

"Awww, that's so cute!"


 

"But he still hasn't responded to me. What should I do?"


 

"...I don't know! Just wait a few more days, Lu. If he doesn't say anything, then just go up to him and directly ask him."


 

"...Hm, okay."


 

...


 

So I guess I can't avoid the conversation forever.

Um, I still have a few more days!


 

(Daes)


Wednesdae(?)

"Hyung, we're throwing a party for you," Kyungsoo suddenly deadpanned during lunch. 


 

"WOW KYUNGSOO THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SURPRISE, WHY WOULD YOU-"


 

"It's okay, Baek; I already heard about it from somebody else," Joonmyeon interrupted with a shrug.


 

"WHO?"


 

"...You. Remember when you shattered my left ear at the lockers yesterday?"


 

"...I don't recall that incident."


 

"It was rather brief, actually. I can't blame you for not remembering".


 

"...Oh, okay. Alright. I don't care. So it's not a surprise anymore. That's too much work anyways..."


 

"Can I meet Chanyeol?" I blurted out.


 

Joonmyeon eyed me weirdly. "Um, sure. I don't see why not..."


 

I didn't shut up like I should have. Instead, I continued express my true, idolization-like feelings for Chanyeol. "That's great! I've always wondered what your boyfriend was like! How come you never talk about him?"


 

"I do; just not to the extent that it's annoying enough to be prominent."


 

Minseok cleared his throat awkwardly. "Yeah, not everybody talks about their love interest twenty-four seven," he mumbled. If I hadn't overheard that certain conversation yesterday, I never would have noticed that he directed that statement at Luhan.


 

And I never would have caught that glare Luhan shot back at him. "Yeah, well, maybe other people's love interests haven't made their decisions clear enough...Or at all..." he finished.


 

He wasn't looking at me at all but the statement was obviously meant for me.


 

Kyungsoo glanced at me, then to Luhan, then to Minseok, then to the wiggly green jello on his plate, then back to me again. "I don't understand. Are you guys trying to subtly imply something between the three of you that the rest of us aren't to know about?"


 

"Perhaps some of us are..." Luhan mumbled under his breath.


Thursdae(?)

"Hyung, are you okay?" Kim Jongin asked me today after dance team practice. "You seem kind of unfocused today."


 

"I'm fine," I responded, "Just tired and a little reluctant to practice."


 

He smiled understandingly. "I get it, hyung. I may be younger than you but we've faced some of the same obstacles. Come on, tell your dongsaeng what's going on with you."


 

I sighed. "Well, I don't know why I'm actually going to tell you this but there's this guy-"


 

"Like always..." Kim Jongin singsonged. I shot him a listen to your hyung when he's speaking look and he quickly closed his mouth. "Sorry, hyung. Please continue."


 

I nodded. "Well, this guy has made it clear he has developed feelings for me and I'm not sure whether or not I recuperate them. And I might have an easier time with my decision if it weren't for this other guy, whom I have liked very much since I came here. Except I don't know how I feel about him now. And that only circles back to the other guy, who is the reason for my confusion."


 

I paused, taking a breath."So to sum it all up, each of my feelings that I may or may not have for each guy really depend on the feelings I may or may not have for the other guy, no matter which guy is which guy." I exhaled. That was a mouthful.


 

Kim Jongin tried to take it all in and pondered for moment. "Well if you want my opinion, that will present a problem because I don't have one," he finally concluded.


 

I sighed, though I saw this coming. If I didn't know what to do, how would Kim Jongin know? "It's okay; I guess I'll just have to think about this more myself," I told him.


 

Shhhh...I'm getting to it.


 

But for now, I've got a part-ay to help set up.


Fridae(?)

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG..........Ihavesomuchtowritedownit'snotevenfunnythenagainitwasneverfunnyinthefirstplacesoyeahjust...

...

This is a loooooong entry so brace yourself for nothing.

Nothing with the exception of everything. A lot of stuff happened and I will write down absolutely everything because I can.

...


 

It's truly astonishing how Baek, Kyungsoo, Minseok, and I set up everything in one night (the previous one). Luhan had some family dinner he had to attend so he wasn't there to help.


 

You may be wondering what happened to the actual planning of the party.


 

Well, the four of us are just sooooo legit that we didn't even need to plan it! What absolute perfectionists we are, huh?


 

Anyway, we held our little get-together at Baekhyun's house because for some reason that's just such a good idea.

Actually, no; it's just that Baek lost a game of rock-paper-scissors so yeah...


 

We agreed that only close friends of Joonmyeon were to be invited. Though only Kyungsoo let whoever those people were know, so the rest of us didn't even know who was coming.

That doesn't sound like a good idea, huh? 

But it turned out okay, actually.

Were you expecting a whole-school-accidentally-finds-out-and-shows-up-uninvited party?

If you were, you'd be wrong. We all partied especially safely but also a little riskily at the same time.


 

Today, Joonmyeon arrived at five, which sounds kind of early but we all planned to part-ay 'till the sun went down. Then we would continue to party 'till it went up again.

We all shouted, "SURPRISE!", then proceeded to remember that Joonmyeon already knew about the party and we then experienced a moment of awkwardness. Or, as more mainstream people may call it, an awkward moment.

The moment passed and we got on with the party, that was, until I spotted a dark shadow hanging by the front porch. It was just there, all vast and pointy. At that moment, I had a horrible thought; as we've previously concluded, nobody with the exception of Kyungsoo knew who was invited to the party. What if he had unknowingly (or worse, knowingly) told some serial killer to come? Or maybe an axe murderer? Or perhaps even a serial killer who carried around axes for his own benefit?

Because, you know, we totally have those around here.

No matter who-or what-it was, they were nawt going to ruin this wonderfully hand-crafted event that I had contributed to making a reality. So I did the only thing that sounded reasonable to do; I lunged at the shadow-thing as it creaked open the door and strolled in casually, like it owned the place or something! During the few nanoseconds of my totally heroic leap at the shadow, I could make out that it was definitely a person. A person wearing a black hoodie with the hood on. Doesn't that sound suspicious?

Of course it does.

So there I was, on top of a possible serial killer wearing a hood which I guess was the reason they couldn't get out of the way fast enough to avoid my tackle. I heard everybody yell, "YIXING!" but I ignored their cries (and that sounds really rude now that I see it written down; I'M SORRY GUYS!). I pulled off the figure's hood and immediately noticed that I had no idea who this guy was. He gaped at me but naturally, I was quick to pin his arms to the floor and then pretend I knew what to do next.

A shout of "YIXING, GET OFF HIM!" interrupted my deliberation on what my next step was. I turned to see Joonmyeon and Baekhyun rushing towards us. Baekhyun pushed me off the stranger while Joonmyeon helped him up to his feet.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DON'T LET HIM GET AWAY!" I screeched unattractively at everybody. While Minseok and Kyungsoo stared at me like they'd just seen a ghost, Joonmyeon threw his arms around the stranger's waist and hugged him like they weren't strangers at all. Baekhyun grabbed me by the shoulders and whirled me around to look me in the eye. He had to look up, so that was kind of funny.

"Yixing hyung...are you alright?"

"Of course I am! Are-are YOU GUYS ALRIGHT?!" I managed to spit out.

Baekhyun opened his mouth to respond but before he could, Kyungsoo spoke up instead. "Hyung, do you know who this is?"


 

By then, I was more confused than ever. "Umm...no?"


 

Joonmyeon spoke next. "Yixing..." he started. He took the stranger (who looked equally befuddled as I felt) by the hand and tugged him towards me.


 

"Yixing, this is Park Chanyeol."


 


 

So that was fun.


 

I apologized profusely over and over again and explained that I thought Chanyeol was a serial axe murderer. After we sorted things out, we all took a moment to laugh at what happened, though we all had to take a long time to take everything in. Chanyeol explained that he came with Joonmyeon but was sidetracked at the door due to an undone shoelace.

Serial axe murderers don't wear shoelaces. They can't be slowed down.

Well, not that I would know.


 

We all journeyed to the living room, with Chanyeol still looking at me funny. Minseok put on some loud music and we sat down on the sofas to talk about...everything. Kyungsoo was in the middle of a story about the time he attempted to create a baked alaska (and failed) when the doorbell rang.

Baekhyun hurried to answer it and I followed him since I was curious to see who else Kyungsoo invited.

We threw open the door and I was shocked to see Oh Sehun standing on the porch with a guy I didn't know.


 

"Why are you here?" Baekhyun questioned obnoxiously.

Sehun narrowed his eyes back at him. "Kyungsoo hyung invited me. And also Tao here," he responded, gesturing to the tall guy behind him who looked more like a serial axe murderer than Chanyeol did.


 

I let them in as they explained that Joonmyeon was their favourite hyung and frequent tutor. I could see the wheels turning in Baek's head. He was thinking that he was going to win the bet regarding what Kyungsoo would do after Sehun and Kim Jongin broke up. That  for me because I would have liked to gain the money we bet on. It was only twenty bucks but still...


 

I turned towards Baek, who was, without a doubt, still thinking about the money. "Just wait, Baek; Kim Jongin might show up. Kyungsoo could've invited him too."


 

"I highly doubt that. I've never seen Jongin and Joonmyeon hyung even interact with each oth-"


 

"Hey hyungs!"


 

We looked behind us to see who else but Kim Jongin walking up the steps. Baek's mouth fell open with absolute surprise. Mine did too, though I was also very pleased with this outcome. Oh, and we later learned that Joonmyeon also tutors Kim Jongin, who considers Joonmyeon to be one of his favourite hyungs (along with Kyungsoo, of course).


 

Baek invited Kim Jongin inside and I was about to close the door when I heard a shout of "Hi Yixing!"


 

I froze and slowly turned around to see Jongdae hurrying up the steps.


 

"Hi! Are Jongin and I late?" he asked.


 

I managed to utter a quiet "Nope..." as Jongdae grinned at me.


 

"Phew," he sighed, relieved. "That's good."


 

He noticed that I was giving off the vibe of being uncomfortable. "Are you okay, Yixing?" he asked, concern edging on his voice.


 

I smiled weakly back. "Yeah. Kind of surprised to see you though."


 

Jongdae tilted his head to the side. "Oh? But you were there that day when Baek invited me."


 

The memory flooded back into my mind and I didn't know how to respond. Luckily, Jongdae seemed to forget it and smiled brightly again. "Shouldn't we go inside now? I want to say hi to Joonmyeon hyung."


 

I blinked back stupidly. "Ah, yes. Of course. Let's go..."


 

I started to close the door again but a voice from behind me stopped me again.


 

"Hey Yixing," Luhan greeted me softly.


 

"Hi, ge." I mumbled back.


 

Luhan then noticed that Jongdae's prescence. "Who's this?" he asked, with blatant jealousy in his voice.


 

"I'm Kim Jongdae. And you are?"


 

"Luhan."


 

I could only stare uncomfortably at the two of them as they did the hand shake-fist pump thing we guys do, with an obvious overly firm grip in play between them.

...


 

I'm going to go eat something, so that's it for now. But there's still more to this event.


 

Much, much more.


Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for the new (and old) subs~

 

Sort of-Edit: I just realized that Luhan mentioned briefly meeting Jongdae in a previous chapter. So I'll probably mention or fix this continuity error in the next chapter.

Also, Tao has finally come into the story without any aforementioned mentions...You may have noticed that Kris is now the only member that has yet to appear; he will be making some kind of appearance in a future chapter:)