Part 6

Daes of Love

It Should Be Clear That It's Still Fridae

In case you were curious, the yogurt I consumed just a few seconds ago was absolutely delicious. Such smooth texture of strawberry goodness intwined with the cold tints of vanilla has never tasted so perfect.

Anyway, on with the story.

...

Jongdae kissed me.

He did, he did, he really did.

That was what I had to keep telling myself; Kim Jongdae kissed Zhang Yixing.

Zhang Yixing was kissed by Kim Jongdae.

Kim Jongdae and Zhang Yixing kissed.

 

It's still difficult to comprehend, even now at freaking two o'clock in the morning. But it happened.

Do you want to hear what it was like?

Of course you do.

 

I haven't kissed or even been kissed by too many people. In fact, don't tell anybody (well, who would you tell?), but I've only had one actual kiss before. 

It was with Yifan, one of my old friends in China. Now, I wish I could tell you we kissed somewhere appropriately romantic, like under a vast cherry blossom tree or under a creaky bridge on a stormy summer day, but that would be a lie. Yifan and I kissed when we accidentally locked ourselves in an air vent this one time. It's a loooooong story, which I will save for another day.

(Dae)

As Jongdae moved towards me before the kiss, I couldn't register what he was going to do. I was completely shocked to suddenly feel his lips crash softly into mine.

So I just closed my eyes and let it happen.

Even with my lack of experience, I could tell that Jongdae was an above-average kisser. Though maybe I'm jussssst a tad bit biased. I wonder if he thought I was a good kisser. My lips were probably all chapped and unattractive. His lips, on the other hand, tasted exactly like I had always imagined; smooth and tender, with an scent of pure lavender. And I love lavender.

It was short, closed-mouth kiss, but so freaking sweet and worth all the disappointment from watching him kiss Minseok and Baek.

 

After all that happened, Jongdae got some truth question that I don't remember. Then it was Kyungsoo's turn and then somebody else's turn, and then another somebody's after that...I was still in a daze (daeze) for like, ten minutes after Jongdae's turn.

I know I shouldn't be this happy, because he also kissed two other people that evening but I don't care.

Kim Jongdae kissed Zhang Yixing and Zhang Yixing is happy.

:)


Saturdae

I'm so happy.

:)


Sundae

I can't wait for tomorrow.

:)


Mondae

"Somebody's in a good mood," Kyungsoo teased as we walked to math together, "Could it have something to do with a certain guy?..."

 

The grin on my face only grew. "Maybe..." I responded.

 

"Oooh! You know, I saw you guys kiss the other day," he remarked.

 

I furrowed my brow in confusion. "I thought everybody saw that."

 

Kyungsoo suddenly stopped in his tracks. "Yeah; everybody including a certain guy?..."

 

Huh? I blinked dumbly. "...Wait...we aren't talking about Jongdae anymore, are we?"

 

Kyungsoo just sighed, abosolutely finished with my stupidity. "Look, we both know who I'm talking about. I know Luhan confessed to you and you told him you would think about it and then talk to him about it a few days later."

 

"I-"

 

"And you know what today is? It's 'a few days later'. In fact, it has been 'a few days later' since a few days AGO. If I were Luhan, I would just give up on you."

 

"Well-"

 

"But I'm not Luhan. He's still pining for you and only you. Seriously, hyung; he doesn't deserve this."

 

He was right. I couldn't do this to him?

 

But why haven't you looked for him today? you, my little notebook, ask.

 

I...can't answer that.

 

Because you don't even have an answer, you jerk.

 

...I know.


Tuesdae

The short wall is now a short wall with a very, very wonderful new brick. Oh yeah, and there's also a one single long spike of...wall material...sticking out of it.

 

"What up, shorties? And I mean this literally." Chanyeol slapped his gigantic hands down on the short wall's lunch table.

 

"Eww, it's Chanyeol the gigantic screw-up. And I mean this in more ways than one." Baekhyun groaned.

 

"Whatever," Chanyeol looked around the table, a love-struck expression on his face. "I'm only here for Joonie hyung. Where is he?"

 

We all shrugged, really having no idea where Joonmyeon was. Chanyeol decided to judge our stupidity for a moment before he grumbled and strolled away.

 

And that was when we all realized that there had been somebody standing behind him the entire time. I'm surprised that even I didn't realize that that somebody was there. Of course, Chanyeol's height is my excuse.

 

"Jongdae! My short amigo!" Baek exclaimed.

 

"Wait, Baek-you are talking to Jongdae, right? You have lots of short friends," Minseok pointed out.

 

"Ha," Jongdae-perfect, perfect Jongdae-swiped a fry from Kyungsoo's plate, which resulted in Soo slapping his hand away. "Those are Luhan's fries, you know. He went to the bathroom."

 

"Oh," Jongdae stopped mid-chew, then resumed consuming the fry. "Well, I hope he doesn't mind me touching his fries," he said, reaching for another one as he spoke.

 

"Actually, Jongdae, I kind of do mind."

 

We all turned our heads to see Luhan shuffling back to the table, his hands folded across his chest.

 

Jongdae looked genuinely apologetic. "Sorry, dude. I should have asked."

 

I could see Luhan curl his hands into fists and I wanted to sink under the table and disappear forever. Or at least until this whole thing blew over. I waited for the punch to come. I waited for Kyungsoo to tell me that this was all my fault.

 

But then Luhan released his clenched hands. He let out a breath he'd been holding in and looked at the ground.

"It-it's okay. You didn't need to ask anyway."

 

"...But I thought you minded, hyung," Baekhyun chose to speak up at that moment. Jongdae looked concerned.

 

Luhan just waved a hand away. "It's...fine."

 

He walked away, not meeting any of our eyes. A wave of guilt and regret hit me.

 

But I remained in my seat.

 

"So does he still want his fries?" Chanyeol suddenly piped up from behind me, back from wherever, with Joonmyeon, who was looking equally confused as Jongdae and Baek.

 

And then there were Minseok and Kyungsoo, who were both staring down at their laps. I couldn't read the expression on their faces, but I knew that they knew what was going on.

 

Jongdae slid into the seat beside me (I squealed very loudly inside) and turned to Chanyeol, saying "We should sit here from now on, Yeol."

Then he turned and smiled at me.

 

I smiled back.

 

But I knew Luhan still wanted his fries.


WednesDAE


 

Yixing hyung, you idiot! You left this diary-thingy in the classroom!

Don't worry, I didn't read it.


 

Except it may have accidentally fallen out of my grasp and onto the ground, where it just happened  to flip open to the page of your last entry. Um, whoops...


 

At least now I know you feel guilty about the Luhan thing. If you want my advice (and you do, of course), just-just do the right thing and talk to him. Please?

 

Look, I even filled in todae's daete for you!


 

Haha, I'm so delightful...


 

So DO IT.


 

Please.

 

-Kyungie


Thursdae

So, um...just read it.

...

 

"Luhan ge?" I called to him, uncertainty and nervousness creeping into my voice. "Can-can we talk?"

 

He turned around to face me. Beside him, Minseok raised an eyebrow. Luhan looked around the mildly crowded hall tensely. It seemed like centuries before he spoke again.

 

"I-well-sure. Of course."

 

His tone was soft and I began to relax a little. Maybe it wouldn't be so hard.

 

Minseok bid us goodbye and Luhan led me up the stairs to the roof ("It's a more private place up there"). As I took in the scenic view and appreciated the tranquility surrounding the area, Luhan let out a sigh.

 

"I think I know where this is going. And I don't want it to go this way, but I know it will anyway."

 

I chose my words carefully. "I think that I know where this is going as well. And...and I want you to know that...that I've thought about what you said."

 

Luhan scoffed quietly to himself. "Yup, it's definitely going where I think it's going."

 

I reached out to place my hand on his shoulder. "I...I am going to tell you the truth."

 

He scoffed agian, this time more gently. "And I'm not going to like it, am I?"

 

"I...maybe..." I admitted. "But I know it's not fair to not tell you the truth, so here it goes..."

 

I took a deep breath before continuing. "There's-there's somebody else that I've liked since even before you came here. In fact, I've liked him ever since I came here. It's...it's-"

 

"Jongdae," Luhan and I finished at the same time.

 

Luhan tightened his grip on the railing handle. "I could tell, Yixing; I'm not blind."

 

I sighed. "I'm sorry. I really am."

 

Luhan ran a hand through his tousled hair. "I know. And I'll be okay. Don't worry." He seemed to force a smile.

 

I awkwardly grimaced back. Forget all the stuff about this maybe being easier; it was just as difficult as I expected.

 

"But..." Luhan started.

 

"Yeah? What is it, ge?"

 

He looked down, then back up at me and into my eyes. "Would you-would you have returned even just a fraction of my feelings if Jongdae wasn't in the picture?"

 

My own answer caught me off guard. "I...I think that there's a possibility even if Jongdae is in the picture."

 

Luhan let out a sarcastic laugh in response. "Yixing, just-just stop giving me false hope. Please."

 

"I-"

 

He sighed again. "Sometimes you don't mean to hurt people but they end up feeling worse anyway."

 

"I'm sorry, ge," was all I could say after that.

 

Luhan didn't reply for a moment.

 

I felt sick to my stomach. "Ge, please say something. Please don't...hate me."

 

Finally, he turned his back to me and said, "Yixing, I could never hate you and you know it. Just-"

 

He turned to face me again, disappointment flooding his face. "I think that-if you don't mind-I just want some space. From, um, you."

 

My chest hurt. "...Okay. I can do that."

 

"I think it's the only way I can start to...move on..." he choked out.

 

"Okay," I whispered, "I'll stay away."

 

"...Thank you."

 

...

 

But I did it. And I don't know how else I could have broken the news.

I shouldn't still feel bad, but I do.


Fridae

I'll just...ARRRGH, I'm just totally and completely metaphorically shattered right now.

 

...

 

"Hey," Jongdae caught up to me as the last bell of the school day (dae) rang through the halls. "How's it going?" he asked.

 

It was okay until you came. Then it just suddenly became perfect.

 

"Good. You?"

 

"Well, I need to go find Kyungsoo," he mumbled.

 

Why look for Kyungsoo when you can hang out with meeee?

 

"Oh? What for?"

 

Jongdae brushed his hair-his perfect, perfect hair-out of his eyes. Gahh, he's just so cute! So adorable that I-I can't function!

 

"Oh, there he is!" he exclaimed, as Kyungsoo's tiny figure came into our view. "Hey, Yixing, I'll see you tomorrow, 'kay?"

 

He ran off to the direction where Kyungsoo was walking towards, and left me standing pathetically alone in the halls.

 

"Yeah, see you..." I mumbled. But he was already gone.

 

I stared after his retreating figure, wishing that I could be Kyungsoo at that moment. I kept staring, and wishing, until suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder and I whirled around. "Joonmyeon hyung, hey!"

 

"Hey Yixing! I'm heading over to check out my new campus right now-do you want to come?"

 

"Oh, sure! Just let me get my stuff first."

 

Joonmyeon nodded. "I'll meet you out at the front of the school."

 

"Okay." I scampered to my locker and collected all my, um, necessities, before I headed down the hallway that would lead to the front hall. As I walked, I thought about Jongdae and Luhan and all the things that had happened. If only they weren't both so nice and if only I didn't feel so guilty about everything...

 

"Kyungsoo..."

 

A sad sigh broke my train of thought. Immediately, I recognized Jongdae's lovely voice. I frowned-why did he sound so disappointed?

 

I crept towards the direction of his voice, tip-toeing like I was in one of those cool spy movies. Eventually, I reached the end of the (regularly-sized) wall and I proceeded to poke my head around the corner.

 

Big mistake.

 

I saw Jongdae and Kyungsoo.

 

Together.

 

As expected.

 

But they...

 

They were hugging...

 

...

 

And that is why I'm totally and completely metaphorically shattered.

 


So...yeah...

 

But don't dispair! The story's still not over yet!

 

And if you got here by and/or stayed for the Layhan tag, I give you my sincerest apologies. Sometime in the future, I'll write a Layhan story. Cuz I ship it too<3 Oh yeah, and I also ship Chenhan<3

 

In fact, there are only a few out of the sixty-six Exo ships that I don't ship.

 

So, yeah.

 

Thanks for the subs/votes/comments. They mean more to me than you may think.