Part 5

Daes of Love

Obviously Still Fridae(?)

Okay, I'm back...

 

...

 

It's all going to go down hill from here, I thought. Jongdae and Luhan had met. Though I had the faintest memory of Luhan talking about meeting him before today.

Eh. Their memory probably isn't that much better than mine. And mine's already pretty bad.

Either way, they still knew each other now.

 

I quickly and gently shoved both of them inside the house before they started getting even more acquainted. The three of us were met with various sights of all sorts, like Sehun opening a can of soda and squirting it all over himself, with Kim Jongin and Tao laughing at him, as well as Kyungsoo chasing and screaming at Baek for some reason. In another corner, Joonmyeon, Minseok and Chanyeol were having a lively conversation. I also learned that I was able to hear Chanyeol's loud voice from the other side of the room.

I glanced at Jongdae through my peripheral vision. He was still so cute in my eyes, even when I was only indirectly looking at him. The way his lips turned upwards when he grinned made a nearly symmetrical smile grow. The way he chuckled softly when we witnessed Sehun spill some of his soda on Tao and the other boy shrieking angrily at him made my heart stop (figurtively, of course) and my esophagus cry (metaphorically), my ability to form words lost momentarily.

I realized that I was really staring at him directly now. And that was absolutely fine with me.

:)

"Hey Yixing hyung, stop staring at Jongdae hyung and help me untangle these two!" Kim Jongin's voice broke my plane of thought. I began to blush immediately after I realized what he said. Luckily, Kim Jongin wasn't too loud of a person and the whole room did not hear his statement.

Unfortunately, most of the room did. Sehun and Tao widened their eyes and stared before quickly losing interest and going back to kicking each other. Through my peripheral vision, I noticed that Luhan had too widened his own eyes.

They were very nice eyes, with long and perfectly curled eyelashes outlining them like a rainbow circling a bright sky. But there was an obvious twinge of sadness and disappointment crystalizing them like a silvery fish swimming through an endless stream of sunlight. And that little fish made the otherwise beautiful stream a little less beautiful but somewhat more-more big? More dimensional, perhaps?

Um, I'm not good at describing these things, okay?! I'm sorry...

Maybe the reason they're so difficult to describe is because no combonation of words is right enough to form the perfect description.

At least Luhan wasn't crying or anything. I know he's stronger than that. Although, while there weren't any actual tears, I could tell they were probably all packed up and ready to be let out at tear-producing factory. Wherever that was. Does that sound arrogant of me to say write down?

At that moment, I decided to just rush over to Kim Jongin and actually give him a hand at stopping Sehun and Tao from fighting with each other anymore. Not that it really looked like a fight, since Tao was obviously in the process of breaking Sehun like a stick. He later told me he takes martial arts. And um, Sehun doesn't.

 

I personally think we could not have thrown Joonmyeon a better going-away party. We even baked a cake for him. Well, Kyungsoo baked a cake. Minseok, Baekhyun, and I expressed words of encouragement that deeply impacted the outcome of the cake.

It said 'Good luck Joonmyeonie hyung!' yesterday afternoon but when I looked at it today, it said 'Good luc Joonmyeon hyun'. I highly suspect that Baek sneakily consumed the 'k', 'i', 'e', 'g', and the exclamation mark that was missing, believing that nobody could tell since it pretty much sounded the same and had the same meaning. Hey, come to think of it, that was probably why Kyungsoo was chasing him around.

 

I believe it was about seven o'clock when one of the many awkward situations of the night took place. It all started when Sehun loudly declared, "I'm hungryyyy..."

We told him that we previously planned to order take-out so we didn't have any sustenance for all of us to consume. More whining courtesy of Sehun eventually led to Kyungsoo and Baekhyun deciding to venture outside and go grab some sushi for themselves and hopefully for the rest of us too ("We'll see, guys"). Of course, Kim Jongin (who I just KNOW is into Kyungsoo) decided to join them on their adventure that I believe, did not live up to the expectations of other adventurers who were better at being adventurers.

Of course, Sehun and Tao followed Kim Jongin because, um, I guess they wanted to, and Minseok also decided to go because he wanted to prove that no, Kyungsoo did not like Kim Jongin that way. Pfft. Yeah, good luck with that, hyung.

 

That, however left the pitiful little group of Chanyeol, Joonmyeon, Luhan, Jongdae, and I.

 

0_o

 

Now, I don't consider math my best subject, but it doesn't take being Joonmyeon to figure out this blatant equation.

[(Joonmyeon+Chanyeol) + (Luhan+Yixing) + (Jongdae+Yixing)] × At least 15 minutes = A more than neccesary amount of making out in the prescence of 3 awkward turtles.

 

And also Jongdae.

Baekhyun's new turtle is rather well-behaved, so you can probably tell that he won't be involved in the saliva exchange that will be taking place.

 

So, while Joonmyeon, who was oblivious to the inappropriate atmosphere surrounding him, climbed onto Chanyeol's lap and began exploring the cavern that was his boyfriend's mouth, I began to talk to Luhan. And by talk, I mean chatter at the speed of light (again, figurtively) without pausing to allow poor Luhan have his turn. If I attempted a conversation with Jongdae, I would feel guilty about increasing the confirmation of Luhan's suspicions.

Besides, I did want to talk to Luhan. As long as he didn't ask me if I had thought about that thing yet, I was perfectly content.

 

I want you, my little book of words, to know that I'm not going to treat Luhan like a second option. I know how he feels; we both like somebody who isn't exactly an open book when it comes to the recuperation of the feelings and whether or not the recuperation even exists at all.

 

And, as we've just established, Jongdae isn't opening his book.

 

But maybe I should open mine.

 

 

Around quarter to eight, Kyungsoo screamed at all of us to get into a circle.

"We're going to play a game. Except I don't know which game we will play. But whatever it is, I'm hoping it'll be in a circle."

"..."

"So, suggestions?"

"..."

"It's okay, guys. All stupid answers are welcome. Unless they're just outright idiotic; in that case, just keep those suggestions to yourself."

"..."

"Anyone-oh! Yes, Minseok hyung?"

 

Minseok began to smirk. I've never seen that expression on him before. Frankly, it scares a little.

"I suggest we play a well-known, junior high classic...Truth and Dare!

 

An awkward silence hung in the air after the words left his mouth. Finally, Jongdae opened his mouth.

His perfect, wonderful mouth.

"Hyung, don't you mean Truth or Dare?"

 

A murmur of agreement went around the room. But Minseok shook his head. "No, Jongdae-I mean Truth and Dare. Or Dare and Truth, whatever you want to call it."

 

Kyungsoo nodded in agreement. "Basically, it's like Truth or Dare, but whichever one you choose first, you need to answer to the other one too."

 

We all glanced at each other, taking it in. I noticed Joonmyeon and Baekhyun look at each other and Baekhyun raised his hand like we were in a classroom environment. "But guys, remember what happened to me the last time we played that with both of you?"

Kyungsoo and Minseok exchanged a look. "Yes, and it was wonderful," said both of them in unison.

 

And that's how the night took an unexpected turn.

 

The game started out fine, or as fine as it could get, with Joonmyeon dared to squirt shampoo in his eyes ("But guys, is this really how you want one of our last encounters in some time to be like?"

"Yes," Kyungsoo answered.).

His 'truth' question was something about what base he and Chanyeol had gotten to. I didn't really understand; what did Kyungsoo mean by base?

Maybe it just has something to do with baseball. I didn't know Joonmyeon played baseball. Maybe he can teach me sometime!

I don't even remember what number he'd answered; all I remember was some jeering from everybody in the room (well, everybody who I discovered also plays baseball anyway) and some blushing and glaring at Kyungsoo coming from Joonmyeon and the serial axe murderer Chanyeol.

 

The second round was fine, or again, as fine as it could get. Joonmyeon dared Kim Jongin to go and make out with three things in the room that were purple. Kim Jongin chose the wall (which was techinically maroon, according to Baekhyun, but nobody really cared since we all just wanted to watch Kim Jongin make out with the wall), one of the lamps on the table (Baekhyun said they were black in colour; I don't know what's wrong with his eyes), and this photo of this one guy who likes the colour purple and wears it whenever he can. What was his name again? It was something along the lines of Loya or Koya or LoKoya. Huh.

Kim Jongin's 'truth' question was about his relationship status with this one guy, whose name was Raemin, or Shaemin or something like that. Kim Jongin said that he was not in a relationship with Raemin/Shaemin. I gave Baekhyun a self-satisfied smirk and he responded with an extension of his tongue.

 

It was the third question that changed everything.

 

"Okay, Jongin ah; choose your target," Baek declared.

 

Kim Jongin thought about it for a moment.

"...Okay...Hmm...Jongdae hyung! My cool bro! Except you aren't cool at all, but whatever...I CHOOSE YOU!"

 

"Me?" Jongdae pointed to himself. "Well, okay. But can I go with the truth fir-"

 

"NO YOU MAY NOT," Kyungsoo told us all.

 

"...Well, alright then. Bring it on."

 

His brother smiled deviously. "I dare you to kiss..."

 

OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO

(There goes my internal monologue again.)

 

"...the person..."

 

To your right? It's Minseok hyung! NOOOOO DON'T KISS MINSEOK HYUNG...Maybe the person to your left? Wait, there's no one on Jongdae's left. Well there's that loose piece of carpet but unless he's going to be like his brother and-

 

"...who you want to kiss the most in the room!"

 

Okay, I don't know how to feel about that.

 

"And it can't be somebody you kissed before. So not Baekhyun hyung. Just anybody to whom you desire to swap spit with."

 

"Okay-"

 

This is how I die. By patheticness and sadness. And by a dash of fear as well.

 

"And one more thing-by the person, I mean the three people you want to kiss the most."

 

ARE YOU SERIOUS KIM JONGIN? I KNOW YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT MY CRUSH ON YOUR BROTHER, BUT YOU WERE THE ONE TO CATCH ME STARING AT HIM. STILLLLL...

 

Jongdae stared at one spot for a few seconds, seemingly having a debate with himself. "Okay..." he finally mumbled before he started to move.

 

Towards somebody.

 

Somebody who wasn't me.

 

 

Do you know how hard it is to watch someone you really like worm his mouth around one of your best friends' mouth?

I bet you don't know.

You don't.

 

Minseok hyung seemed uncomfortable. At some point during the kiss, his eyes darted to mine, with a look of I'm sorry plastered on them.

 

I'm sorry too. Sorry that I had to see that.

 

You may think that the worst was over but there was still the second and third kisses Jongdae was dared to give.

 

 

Do you know how hard it is to watch someone you really like worm his mouth around one of your best friends' mouth?

I bet you do know now.

But you don't know all of it.

 

"Screw your rules, Jongin. I feel like taking on Baek's mouth again, so I will."

 

And he did.

 

Baek looked even more uncomfortable than Minseok did. It's probably due to the fact that his mouth had already experienced the Jongdae Special before.

 

Lucky...

 

And you may think that the worst was over but there was still the third kiss Jongdae was dared to give.

 

The third kiss.

The third freaking kiss.

 

Do you know how surprising it is to experience the feeling of someone you really like placing his lips on yours?

I bet you don't know.

You don't.

...

 

I'm going go have some yogurt. I'll be back soon.

 


And that happened...

Thanks for the subs/comments/upvotes!