BACKGROUUUUUND

Forbidden Kiss

 

Seohyun’s eyes glazed over as she stared at the clock, her head resting in her hands. Slowly her chin drooped lower and lower until her hand gave out and she was sharply brought back to reality with a bruised chin. This cycle repeated itself as the teacher droned on in the background, a steady, deep voice that seemed to hypnotize her and call her back into the land of sleep. “Almost… almost done,” Seohyun mumbled, her eyelids closing once more.

 

“And that concludes our lesson today. Read pages 459-510 for homework and answer the questions that follow. Don’t forget about the quiz on Friday and I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” The young teacher packed his teaching materials into his briefcase and left.

 

Instantly the students relaxed from their rigid poses, voices flowed around the room once more. Standing up and yawning, Seohyun staggered out of class and toward the stairs leading to the roof. Bursting out into the gently sunlight, she sat down in the shade and promptly fell asleep. She had turned in the homework for the rest of the classes for the day and was free to do as she wished. The teachers all loved her. She did her work, respected them, and kept order among the students. Not only that, but she was also friends with the gang, whom the teachers were terrified of.

 

Seohyun couldn’t recall how long she slept. The sun was in a different position by the time she woke up, but she knew from the distant chatter that school was still in session. Sitting up with her eyes half-closed, she leaned against the cool brick walls, sleep threatening to envelop her again.

 

She had been at this school for about three years now. The gang of idiots was her best friends and they did everything together- everything from eating, sleeping (next to each other, not with each other), and school to fighting, laughing, and being crazy. After her broken heart, it was these idiots who mended her wound.

 

Especially Nichkhun.

 

That foreign boy with the exceptional looks had noticed her pain from the first day and taken special care of her. Every time she snuck away to cry her heart out, he managed to find her and comfort her. At first, though she was already a friend with him, she didn’t trust him enough to tell him her secret.

 

However, as time went on, and as the gang endured through challenging circumstances and finished strong together, her trust in him built up. He took her out to Lotte World to have a good laugh. He took her out to see the stars at night, high up on a hill. Eventually she revealed her past to him, leaving out the names of her siblings. From then on, he took even more care of her. While the other idiots were jealous, they knew that Nichkhun and Seohyun had a special bond together and let them be.

 

 

At the end of her first year, the gang had gotten involved in some mysterious underground crime. As a result, Seohyun had been kidnapped and was held hostage. Nichkhun risked his life to save her and had gotten caught as well. There they were, bleeding and bruised, lying helplessly on the floor. Knowing they couldn't escape, they spent that time talking about the randomest things, their bond growing stronger than ever. At long last they broke out, Seohyun taking a bullet in the arm while Nichkhun got slashed with a knife. By the time the police got there, the two of them had already used their bond to bring down the entire crime network, including the bosses. After refusing to go to a hospital, they sat down at an ice cream store and laughed. They were crazy.

 

Later on that year, one by one the idiots confessed their feelings to Seohyun, who tried her best to turn them down gently and defined their relationships as just friends. Nichkhun was the only one who didn’t confess. He was working hard to get accepted into JYP, an entertainment company, in order to fulfill his dreams of becoming a singer.

 

Seohyun was always there for him the way he had been always there for her. She brought him snacks during his intense practices and massaged his sore shoulders. He would smile up at her and give her a hug.

 

Their bond was bending and shaping as time went on. From the outside, others couldn’t tell what their relationship was. Were they lovers? Were they simply like siblings?

 

Once in a while Nichkhun would brush Seohyun aside, leaving her feeling hurt and confused. He would choose other girls over her. Occasionally she would even have to drag a drunken Nichkhun out of clubs after receiving calls from the bartender. He would always clean up his act, for a while afterwards at least, and apologize using his aegyo.

 

But then he got accepted into JYP. And things started to change. He no longer had time to visit the idiot gang. Gorgeous female trainees always surrounded him. When questioned, he would even say that Seohyun was his sister or his mother. Seohyun hated the change in her best friend. She wanted the old Nichkhun back… but he was already gone.

 

She felt broken. The idiot gang, knowing how she felt, comforted her with their goofy smiles. Unlike last time when she separated from Yonghwa and had no one to lean on, this time she had the dorks. She rebounded faster and was soon smiling again. Eventually Nichkhun came around to talk to them again and although Seohyun smiled at him like old times, she didn’t open up her heart. Two shattered hearts were already enough. She kept her relationship with Nichkhun defined strictly as friends, as she had with the other guys. And after Nichkhun’s departure from the group and into JYP, Seohyun realized how much she missed Yonghwa. Seeing his face now and then as Seoul High saved Yonghwa and his friends were the happiest moments of her dreary life.

 

Nichkhun and Yonghwa. Yonghwa and Nichkhun. Seohyun already knew who had dominated her heart; it was obvious. Yet a part of her still longed for the conversations she had with Nichkhun, knowing full well that that was now in the past.

 

All she could focus on now was keeping Yonghwa and Taeyeon safe.

 

Then the school’s bell rang. Seohyun’s head snapped up and she realized she had dozed off again. Hurrying down the stairs and into her class, she gathered her things and drove away on her bike, her friends beside her. Glancing at them, she remembered what she had been thinking of before she fell asleep. Nichkhun. Yonghwa.

 

Now life was parallel with her thoughts, her thoughts and memory that ended with her riding away on her motorcycle.

 

Seohyun couldn’t help but smile at her memory. That day up on the roof had taken place only a few months ago.

 

And look at her now. She was on her way to kick some school’s , she had been reunited with Yonghwa, Yonghwa was her boyfriend, and she was meeting Nichkhun for dinner.

 

Her thoughts a few months ago… and her worries… they wouldn’t have ever imagined her life the way it was now. 

 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

I don't know if this chapter makes any sense.. If it's really confusing, please do tell me! I'll try my best to fix it.

Dinner scene's coming up. I decided to write/post it in the next chapter.

 

 

tthnguyen [block]  on 12-13-2011 01:04:21 says: x
Never heard of Taetae before?? Oh wells LOL
Nice chapter...I see how she learnt her fighting skills now and how she became Jiang....
Update Soon!! :D

Nope, I've yet to hear that name. Well, I guess I've heard it now.. (: 
Thanks! :D 
Was this chapter okay? My brain's still mush from staying up too late sunday night. -.- 

luxubu [block]  on 12-12-2011 22:49:56 says: x
I love seeing Hyun being the only girl in the group. She's strong but her guy friends are super protective of her ^^
How is Yong gonna deal with it when many of them are her admirers? He's gonna die of jealousy ^^
Can't wait for her dinner with Khun. Hope it will be eventful
Thank you for this chapter and good luck with school

Yup! Seohyun's one of a kind (: 
LOL, I can't wait for Yonghwa to pick her up after school. Her guy friends are gonna go RAWR ON HIS . 
Oh yeah. Poor dude.. dinner scene with Nichkhun is coming up.. Oh Yonghwa xD 
^^ Thanks!

raisin [block]  on 12-12-2011 22:32:20 says: x
seriously yong and hyun were being soooo lovey dovey and mushy and cute and adorable and asaksalshdsajskalsgh I'm not complaining, LOL. I can't wait to see seohyun and nichkhun's dinner AND JEALOUS YONGHWA of course, LOL. oh and will kikwang falls for seohyun too? it will be interesting to see more and more guys falls for her and extremely jealous + protective yonghwahahahaha.
I'm sorry but I find it really cute when a guy is jealous :))

^^ I'm glad you like it, haha. 
Jealous yonghwa's coming up! xD 
I wonder what he's gonna do, ahha. 
Yes! SAME HERE! I find jealous guys really cute. Well, jealous to a certain point. Possessive-jealous guys are kinda.. meh.