Taeyeon & Jonghyun.

Forbidden Kiss

 

Taeyeon’s head stayed down, her gaze scanning the cold floor, desperately avoiding the burning eyes of Eunjung. The latter was perched casually on the desk next to Taeyeon’s, her legs swinging as she showed off their delicate thinness, her arms inching to grab a fist full of the former’s hair.

 

Taeyeon didn’t want to start the day off like this.

 

She had woken up earlier in the morning, her eyes widening with alarm as she slowly recognized the sleeping body of Jonghyun who was still wrapped in her embrace. Within a few moments, her sudden movement of shock had woken him up as well. Jonghyun had yawned, stretched his arms, and frozen shock-still when he realized where he was.

 

A silent bond had formed between them.

 

There was no awkwardness in how their bodies were next to each other, in how they had fallen asleep in the same bed. Smiling, they greeted each other cheerfully and showered in the separate showers located in the house. He had even given her a ride to school, though she had insisted having him drop her off a distance away to avoid rumors.

 

Taeyeon sighed. So much for the trouble it took to avoid rumors.

 

“What is this I hear about you and Jonghyun?” Eunjung snarled, her diamond ring glistening in the sunlight as her hand rose in the air, ready to slam down onto Taeyeon’s face. “First you seduce Yonghwa, and now Jonghyun as well?”

 

Her fist came down. Taeyeon could only close her eyes, duck and hope that her cheek wouldn’t bruise too much. She didn’t want to have to explain to Jonghyun about the slap later on.

 

A few seconds past.

 

There was no impact.

 

Taeyeon hesitatingly lifted her head slightly and peeked open an eye.

 

Jonghyun was standing behind Eunjung, how he got there no one could recall, and in his furious grip was Eunjung’s shaking hand.

 

“Oppa!” Taeyeon was shocked.

 

“Oppa,” Eunjung whined, her face whipping instantly from her I’m-going-to-send-you-to-hell face to her Fall-in-love-with-my-adorableness face

 

His expression remained calmly blank as his eyes shifted to Taeyeon, where they finally softened with gentleness and care. When they flickered back to Eunjung, they were once again hard and sharp, with such ferocity that the other shell-shocked students began to believe that they had imagined the kind look. “What do you think you’re doing?”

 

“Oppa,” Eunjung snuggled up to him with such graceful movements that most other guys would’ve fallen to the floor with ecstasy, “I was just teaching this b**** a lesson.” Her eyelashes batted with flirtation embedded within, obviously trying to charm Jonghyun.

 

“First of all,” his steady voice chilled the room with its lack of emotions, “don’t call me oppa. Secondly, don’t ever, ever, EVER touch Taeyeon again.”

 

“Oppa!” Eunjung tried to act surprised, her anger carefully hidden inside.  “She’s just trying to seduce you! I saw her trying to seduce Yonghwa Oppa the other day too!”

 

Taeyeon didn’t know if she wanted to laugh or cry at the ridiculousness of Eunjung’s claim. Yonghwa, her annoying stepbrother, would kill her if she spoke to him during school. And the thought of her trying to seduce her own stepbrother… She shivered with disgust and tossed the thought aside as she focused on the now- Jonghyun looked positively livid with rage. He was known as Romantic Idol and there was no way Taeyeon was going to let him shatter his image because of her. Though… the other students probably wouldn’t care if Jonghyun hit someone- they’d actually most likely think Jonghyun was their hero for shutting up the snobby brat of a “Queen”- but he’d get in trouble. That was a big no-no.

 

“Jonghyun, let her go,” Taeyeon muttered quietly, her arm tugging slightly on his shirtsleeve, her eyes pleading silently with his.

 

He pursed his lips as if he seriously wanted to teach Eunjung a lesson. After staring into Taeyeon’s eyes for a moment longer, he sighed and released the girl with a glare. He didn’t like how Eunjung treated Taeyeon, especially since he witnessed the last episode.

 

“Let’s go,” Jonghyun grabbed Taeyeon’s hand and drew her to him, surprising everyone in the room. “You,” he stared hard down at Eunjung, “and everyone else,” his gaze traveled around the room sternly as he wrapped his arms around the startled Taeyeon, “if you ever mess with my Taeyeon again, you will have to deal with me, understood?

 

Everyone, excluding Eunjung, nodded their heads with their mouths hanging wide open.

 

Did… Jonghyun… one of the Top Three… just… call Taeyeon his girl?

Well, he definitely lived up to his role as the “Romantic Idol”.

 

Eunjung, of course, had to have the last word. Her hand, instead of slapping Taeyeon, raked across Jonghyun’s face as she spun on her heels and stormed away.

 

Everyone was shocked yet again.

 

Without another word, he slung Taeyeon’s bag over his shoulder and, still holding her hand, led her out of the classroom. They passed by the teacher on the way out and Jonghyun informed him that he would be borrowing Taeyeon for the day. The terrified teacher bobbed his head hurriedly and scurried on.

 

“Oppa?”

 

They were standing on the roof, Jonghyun leaning against the railings with his eyes closed, the breeze cooling them down. “Sorry,” he whispered without moving. “I just... I saw her hand about to hit you and I just blew up.”

 

“She hit you.” Taeyeon’s worried eyes moved closer to his face as she examined the red scratches on his cheek. “Oppa, your face got scratched.”

 

“It’s okay. This scratch is nothing.”

 

Taeyeon believed him. She’d seen Yonghwa come home severely bruised before and knew that those boys were extreme fighters. Scratches were like someone attempting to tickle them.

 

“But still. You never know what type of dirty germs she had under her fake nails,” Taeyeon pouted, reaching across his body to grab her bag. Pulling out her miniature first aid kit, she drew out a disinfectant and a Hello Kitty Band-Aid, both of which she applied to his wound.

 

Jonghyun watched her with amusement, at first because of the fact that she carried a first aid kit with her, and then especially after catching sight of the Band-Aid.

 

“Oppa,” she said without looking up, her eyes still glued on the Band-Aid, “thank you.”

 

Silently he wrapped his arms around her once more, tucking her head into his chest as he placed his chin on top of her head gently. He felt her arms slowly wrap around him as well and a feeling of warmth spread through his chest. They stayed like that, on the roof with the wind blowing around them, their eyes closed as they took in the moment of peace.

 

“Hey,” Taeyeon finally spoke up, “you called me yours back there.”

 

Jonghyun’s face reddened as he began stuttering. “Ah- well- yo-you noticed that?”

 

“The whole class did.”

 

“Oh. Well, in that case… Uh… Of course they noticed! I just called the most beautiful girl in the whole world mine!

 

Taeyeon burst into laughter- gone was the “Knight in Shining Amour,” for here was the cheesy boy she knew. “When are we going back to Ahjumma?”

 

“You liked her cooking, didn’t you?”

 

“Of course.”

 

“Let’s go today?”

 

“Is this a date?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Oppa. You…” She sighed. “Never mind.”

 

“Okay, okay. Taeyeon, will you go on a date with me tonight?”

 

She smiled into his chest. “Of course, you silly dork.”

 

Somewhere in the distance, Seohyun shot up from her long hug with Yonghwa. “Did someone just ask Taeyeon out on a date?!”

 

 

 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~

 

Sorry guys for the wait,

& sorry about not replying to comments.

I'll reply later when I have time.

But right now, I had to type and ruuun.

I need to eat and then I have to go babysit some kids at my church.

Thanksgiving break is a week long,

So this coming week I have a few days of typing (:

Thanks for being patient!