FINALS WEEK -.- I CAN'T WAIT FOR BREAK!

Forbidden Kiss

 

Staggering out of bed, Seohyun stood at the foot of her bed with her eyes closed and felt as if the room was swirling around her. She hated it when this happened- every time she got out of bed too quickly, dizziness would overtake her and she’d have to wait for the spell to pass. When it was finally gone, she sighed and prepared herself for school.

 

“Bye Appa!” She waved to her father as she swung her leg over her motorcycle. Carefully backing out, she rode with the wind blowing her hair behind her, the air a fresh wakeup call for her tired body. She slowed down as she reached the gate, passed through it, and hopped off and chained it to her usual spot.

 

“Ay, Jjang!”

 

Soon the boys, as usual, surrounded her and she greeted them with a smile. By ‘the boys’ of course, she was referring to her crazy friends- Taecyeon, Junsu, Jaebum, Junho, Wooyoung, and Chansung. “Yo,” Seohyun grinned.

 

“Where were you yesterday? It was so boring without you,” Wooyoung crinkled his nose and tilted his head to the side.

 

Junsu added in, “forreal. We had to go deal with this troublesome school without you. It was a really weird feeling.”

 

Jay slung his arm over her shoulder as they headed to class. “Ay, I need your help later. Girl problems,” he winked as the rest of the group began whooping loudly, drawing attention from the people around them.

 

They passed through the doors of the school, passed by the throng of students who parted a path for them to walk through, and passed by their principal, who called out for them to stop. “Seohyun-ssi,” the principal smiled, “are you okay? You weren’t here yesterday.”

 

“Ne. I’m fine. I just had personal things come up suddenly.”

 

“By the way, my son came back from studying overseas and he was asking about you.”

 

“Ne?”

 

“Could you please show him around? I have a meeting I need to attend today, so unfortunately I can’t show my own son around my own school. You’re my best student, however, so I was hoping I could trust you to do so in my place. He tends to be a troublemaker and is crazy over girls, so I was also hoping you could straighten him out.”

 

“Of course, Principal. I’d be glad to help.”

 

“I’ll leave him to you then. He’s in your homeroom.”

 

Seohyun bowed as the principal left, puzzled about who her son was. Oh well. She’ll meet him soon.

 

“If he gives you too much trouble,” Taecyeon nudged her, “let us know. We’ll definitely straighten him out for you.”

 

“Forreals,” Jay chimed in. “No one messes with our Jjang and gets away with it.”

 

“Thanks guys. Class starts soon, y’all better go.”

 

They separated as they scurried toward their respective homerooms, which were all located close to each other. Entering the room just before the tardy bell blared at the students, Seohyun greeted her teacher and classmates before making her way to her seat near the window. There was a new kid standing at the front of the room, which Seohyun assumed was the principal’s son, and she looked him over.

 

Now she understood why the principal asked her for help.

 

This kid was giving off a vibe similar to those of her troublemaking friends that she said thanks to not too long ago. He was a fighter. He was hotheaded. He had a lot of pride. The only difference were the looks he was giving her and some of the pretty girls in class- he obviously was used to getting all the attention from the girls and he played off of that, unlike her friends who she had set straight from day one. She didn’t allow her friends to break girls’ hearts, unless they really called for it. Though there was a fan club at her school for her friends, she knew that the members knew better than to actually give their whole heart away that easily. They just had a major crush on the idiots.

 

“Anneonghaseyo,” the new boy smiled, “I’m Lee Kikwang. I just returned from studying abroad in America. Please take care of me!”

 

Seohyun had to admit that his smile was adorable, though it couldn’t really compare to Yonghwa’s.

 

The seductive winks he was giving some of the girls amused Seohyun. This was her school. The girls were all already used to such guys and wouldn’t pay him any special attention, unless they were desperate. Usually when they needed help or felt extremely lonely, they would go to Seohyun for advice and she would invite them to hang out with her group for a while until they felt better. Seohyun was the leader of the school, girls and guys, and the mom as well.

 

No one messed with her school.

 

“Ah, ne. Please go sit in the empty seat behind Jjang,” the teacher nodded and waited for Kikwang to get comfortable in his new seat before starting class.

 

During break, Seohyun turned around and saw that Kikwang had dozed off in class. He had already completed his work and after breezing through his answers, Seohyun realized that they were all correct.

 

She nudged him gently with her finger. And nudged him again. 

 

Finally he groaned and cracked open an eye as he stretched out his arms. “Oh. Anneonghaseyo,” he gave her his smile once more the moment he realized she was there. “Sorry… the jet lag is still clinging on to me.”

 

“It’s aight. So tell me, Lee Kikwang, more about yourself.”

 

“Are you going to give me the third degree already?” He looked amused. “Why did the teacher call you Jjang?”

 

“Well, your mom told me to look after you, so I was guessing that I should know more about you, even though I believe I already know enough,” Seohyun replied curtly and stood up.

 

“Oh, you’re the person she asked? Interesting. She asked a girl to look after me?” He mumbled to himself as he hurried to catch up to her. “What do you know about me?”

 

“Ah, anneong,” Seohyun greeted a student before responding to his question. “You’re a fighter. You’re a womanizer. You’re smart but lazy. You’re handsome and you know it.”

 

“Wow. What, you psychic? That was pretty accurate. So about that womanizer part of me… would you like to go out sometime?”

 

“I’m taken.”

 

“So? He won’t have to know.”

 

“I’m not one of those girls. And none of the girls at this school are either. Listen here, Lee Kikwang. At this school, we play by my rules,” she whirled on him. “First of all, respect the teachers. Secondly, don’t litter. Third, don’t bully others. Fourth, don’t cause problems with other schools because I’m the one who has to fix them. Fifth, don’t play with other people’s hearts. And finally, if another school messes with you, let me know immediately.”

 

“Are you the leader here? Is that why you’re called Jjang?”

 

She continued on, ignoring his last question. “When and if a school approaches you, don’t fight them first. Let them know you attend Seoul High. If they dare to continue instigating a fight, by all means, take them on if you can. Either way, if you can or can’t, let me know. Those schools need a talking to if they dare mess with a Seoul High student.”

 

“So you are the Jjang here? What’s your real name.”

 

“I’m Jjang.”

 

At that moment, Seohyun felt an arm sling around her shoulder and knew that her friends had caught up with her. “Guys, this is Lee Kikwang, the new student. Lee Kikwang, these are the idiots of the school.” One by one they introduced themselves and carefully looked Kikwang over.

 

“So you’re the kid Jjang has to look after,” Junsu smirked. “Don’t give her any trouble, okay? Because the gangs of two mighty schools will be after you if you do.”

 

“Nice to meet you too,” Kikwang muttered, joking since he knew Junsu was being friendly.

 

Jay spoke up, “Anyways, hey Jjang, there’s a school that’s giving us trouble.”

 

“I’m going to dinner with Nichkhun tonight, but if we can take care of them before 6:00, sure why not,” she shrugged.

 

“That punk hasn't visited us in a while,” Taecyeon wrinkled his nose. “But yeah, I heard they’re weak. They just have loud mouths and empty brains.”

 

“Can I go with you guys?” Kikwang asked.

 

They had forgotten that he was there. Seohyun honestly didn’t care if he tagged along- she knew he could take care of himself. “As long as I don’t have to watch over you,” was all she said as they returned back to class.

 

I have to go deal with this troublesome school right when the bell rings :[ 
You BETTER pick me up tomorrow though! I'm sorry about the sudden change in plans T.T -Hyunnie

 

You're forgiven. BUT you have to give me a wish, arasso? 
& Okay. Tomorrow. Don't go changing up plans again! Stay safe and give me a call if you need help. I love you~ -Yonggie. 

 

You're the best <3 
I love you too. 
I'll give you a call when we're finished with the school. 
Oh hey, there's a new kid at my school. I figured you'd want to meet him since the principal put me in charge of him. He's pretty handsome, keke. -Hyunnie. 

 

Whoa there. 
The principal put you in charge of the new kid? 
I dont like this T^T 
Don't you dare fall for him.
Did you tell him that you're mine already? -Yonggie. 

 

I told him I'm taken. 
Are you okay with people finding out about us? Or should we stay on the DL for now? 
AND DON'T WORRY, pabo. I love you and only you <3  -Hyunnie. 



I guess we should stay on the DL for now *sigh. 
I can't wait for the day when I can tell the world that the prettiest girl alive is mine though. 
& right back at 'ya (: 
My eyes can only see you. -Yonggie. 



Wow. GREASY, much? xD 
I can't wait for that day either. 
& I better not catch you with some girl, arasso? D:<  -Hyunnie. 

 

I can't help it. You bring out the worst and best in me. 
NO WAY, NOT HAPPENING. I LOVE YOU. 
You got me started on watching those darn dramas -.- 
Can you believe it? The leader of Seorim High is watching dramas. *siiiigh. 
HEY! If anything ever happens, please believe me. I love you. I love you. [I watch too many dramas now.. All those darn scenarios about being framed are running through my mind.] -Yonggie. 

 

I'll always believe in you <3 & I need to go.. class is starting! See you later <3 -Hyunnie

 

Throughout the rest of the school day, Kikwang kept passing her notes, asking her about the city and other schools. Bit by bit she revealed to him some of her history with the guys, their history with other schools, and how schools basically bowed down to them out of respect and fear. Kikwang was amazed.

 

You’re such a petite girl though! How did you manage to defeat all those gangs in the beginning? -Kikwang

 

For some reason, after I moved here, I began extremely interested in fighting techniques. And since I’m a “petite girl”, all the gangs underestimated me. Even those idiots here thought I was a weak girl at first. But I proved them wrong, haha. Take my advice- don't be a fool and underestimate me either. -Jjang

 

Seohyun grinned as she remembered those days in the beginning when she first became friends with the gang.

 

Hey guy, come meet Seohyun!” Taecyeon, the boy who ran her over and dragged her along with him as he sprinted away from some chasers, pulled her eagerly after him as he met up with his handsome friends. “This is Seohyun. She’s new. Seohyun, this is Jaebum, Nichkhun, Junsu, Junho, Chansung, and Woohyun.”

 

Seohyun hesitatingly greeted them, unsure of whether they’d be crazy like their friend Taecyeon. “Anneonghaseyo.”

 

“You’re really pretty!” Woohyun smiled cheekily as he on a lollipop. “Welcome to Seoul High!”

 

“How’d a pretty lady like you end up meeting this ugly duckling?” Junsu teased Taeyeon, who swatted at him.

 

“He was running from some kids from another school when he crashed into me and pulled me after him,” Seohyun shrugged, amazed at how she was starting to enjoy their company.

 

From them on, Seohyun hung out with them during class, during lunch, and after school, in between her martial art classes. They formed a tight bond almost instantly and became like a second family to her. When they finally revealed to her that they were the gang members at Seoul High, she wasn’t surprised. They reminded her of Yonghwa.

 

In the beginning, they would have to come to her rescue whenever she found herself in tight situations. Slowly, however, she became able to defend herself as a result of her training.

 

“Can we fight?” For some reason, the idiots, as she called them, always wanted to challenge her to duels, especially after they sat in on one of her lessons. “She’s going to be a better fighter than you,” Nichkhun shook his head at Jaebum, or Jay as he was more commonly referred to.

 

One day, several months later, Seohyun grew suspicious of her friends when they refused to reveal what they planned to do after school. She followed them secretly, losing sight of them now and then, and finally ended up lost. After scurrying around, she managed to catch up with them and was shocked.

 

Her friends were getting beat up by some adult gang.

 

“You little brats,” the leader snarled as he held Taecyeon by the collar, “always getting in my way of collecting money from people!”

 

“We’ll continue to stop you,” Taecyeon spat in his face. “Filching money from poor people- you disgust me!”

 

The leader wasn’t merciful and landed a sharp blow to Taecyeon’s stomach. The rest of the Seoul High gang were sprawled out across the floor, holding their stomachs with blood dripping from various parts of their body.

 

“That little girl you guys hang out with,” the leader smirked, “will get hurt if you don’t back off. In fact, I have some guys out looking for her right now. You don’t want her to get hurt, right? Such a pretty girl…”

 

“Touch her and die,” Nichkhun glared at the older men, receiving a painful blow for his words.

 

“Chansung!” Woohyun called out in warning as he struggled to stand, watching helplessly as a fist flew toward his friend.

 

Before the fist could land, however, Seohyun found herself standing in between Chansung and the attacker, glaring up at the latter.

 

“What’s this? The girl came to us instead,” the men laughed, not realizing how pissed Seohyun was.

 

She hated it when she saw people important to her getting hurt. Hated it. “Normally I never get pissed. I can get annoyed or frustrated, but it’s rare for me to become pissed.The only thing that will make me mad is when I see my friends getting hurt, or innocent people getting hurt, and you get the picture. Well, congratulations you pile of bastards; you have successfully pissed me off.” She smiled sarcastically up at the man in distain.

 

“My, my, you have quite the attitude,” he chuckled, his hands reaching out to her face.

 

“Don’t touch her,” Jay groaned as he forced himself up on his feet. The rest of Seoul High’s gang also managed to return to a standing position.

 

“Apologize to my friends,” Seohyun said quietly.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“Apologize,” she repeated in her quite voice.

 

“Seo-“ Junho stopped himself from saying her name aloud, in case the gang wanted to seek revenge. “- Jjang, don’t. Get out of here now.” He stepped in front of her, eyeing the enemy wearily. 

 

The gang was too busy to care about Junho speaking. They were laughing until their sides began hurting. “Can you believe it? This tiny chick shows up and demands an apology.”

 

However, they weren’t laughing for long. Seohyun’s fist flew out, catching the man before Junho in the jaw as she twirled to the right, landing a kick to another man’s sensitive area. Before the men could truly realize what was going on, they were already on the floor in pain.

 

“If you ever mess with my friends again,” she stated calmly, “I won’t be so forgiving. You got off easy today.”

 

With that, she helped her stunned friends into her waiting car and headed to her house, where she treated their wounds and let them stay the night.

 

And from then on, her friends never doubted her fighting skills. They nicknamed her Jjang because by now they knew that she had a complicated past in which she wished for her name to remain unknown, as well as how they marveled at her ability to fight.

 

The nickname caught on and soon that was what her friends and father knew her by- her real name was forgotten in the memory of others. Or so she thought until Yonghwa and the people from her past revealed themselves.

 

The bell brought her out of her thoughts and she waited patiently as Kikwang threw his papers into his backpack. 

 

 

Walking out the door, they met up with the rest of the idiots and they hopped onto their motorcycles. Soon eight bikes were blasting away, heading to the school deemed fit for punishment.

 

Memories from the past continued resurfacing in Seohyun’s mind as the wind blew against her face. This time, however, they were specifically of Nichkhun. 

 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Last night I stayed up until 2:30 studying.

So today.. I took 5 tests & completed a timed writing in 6 out of 7 of my classes on 3 & 1/2 hours of sleep.

Now let me tell you... I'm a person who requires at least 9 hours of solid sleep, LOL.

Sorry for any mistakes in this chapter. My brain is like, zombie-fied.

Hope y'all like the long chapter!

Hehe, her past with Nichkhun shall be revealed in the next chapter, plus the dinner! Anticipatee~ 

& Jeremy Lin signed with the Houston Rockets. Man, htown pride right there. LET'S GO HOUSTON~

 

 

 

hyunju [block]  on 12-12-2011 08:49:27 says: x
Oh,thank god that women didn't cought them..
I've been listening to doue again,because I've been reading an ff about suju and dbsk that had that song as a backsound..hehe :)
I've found protect the boss on youtube complete until end with e-sub..you should watch it.jaejoong is so hot n cool there :)
Thanks for the update :)
I hope nichkhun won't be some obstacle for yongseo here..

I know, right? 

Ah, I see. What fanfic is it? [*wants to go read*]

I started watching it! I'm on episode 3 or 4 right now. IT'S SO HILARIOUS ^^ Oh man. 
Thanks for recommending the drama! 

And you're welcome! I'm glad you're liking this fanfic so far~ 

I couldn't help but put Kikwang in here. He's popping up in all my fanfics, loool. I can't decide if I want him to be an obstacle too.. 
And as for Nichkhun.. you'll find out in the next chapter [; 

 

tthnguyen [block]  on 12-11-2011 06:28:33 says: x
Yong and his childish ways.....
Seriously what's with the mother of Huynnie and TaeTae?? She's so arrgghhh....
Update Soon!!

Hehehe ^^ 
& yup. That lady has issues. She's -.- jfdlajfklsa
And "Taetae"? I've never heard that before, haha. I like that nickname. It's cute, haha. 
Thanks for reading! :D 

raisin [block]  on 12-10-2011 10:58:03 says: x
OMG their exchanged texts are tooooooo cute! *dies*
seriously ... can't seohyun's mom just die? I hate her so much.

Hehehe I'm glad you liked them ^^ 
& Forreal, right? That old lady is soooo... jfkldsjfklakljfadjflkjasl >_< 

zybeel [block]  on 12-10-2011 10:45:05 says: x
hahahah!! can't wait for the next chappie!! dinner with nickhun, yong's blind date and yong picking up seohyun from school!!! it would be interesting!!!! xDD

Yong picking Seohyun up from school got moved to a different chapter :[ 
He has to wait, haha. 
I'm excited for the next chapter~