FA LALALALLALALALALA

Forbidden Kiss

 

Yonghwa stared astonished at the sight of Taeyeon sobbing her heart out before him. He had never seen her cry in front of others- she always put on a brave front and smiled, retreating to the privacy of her room to shed her silent tears. The strong girl he knew was actually soft. He was amazed.

 

He had never really paid his stepsister Taeyeon that much attention after his accident. He never really paid much attention to anything but girls after his accident- girls and his best friends and fights.

 

Even when Eunjung was bullying her, Yonghwa hadn’t done anything about it. He didn’t care. She lived her own pitiful life as he lived his. Now he felt fleeting feelings of sorrow. He should’ve protected her.

 

And he was amazed yet again. A few days ago, he wouldn’t have imagined these thoughts pouring from his mind. The Yonghwa he was now had 20/20 hindsight… and it made him sick, the person he became made him sick, the Yonghwa known as a playboy who slept around with countless girls made him sick, absolutely sick.

 

Seeing Taeyeon break out of her shell that she had placed around her- now Yonghwa realized it was her way of dealing with Seohyun’s departure and with how she no longer had anyone to lean of- seemed to break a shell within Yonghwa himself.

 

His hand lifted and touched his face. When it left his cheek, Yonghwa blinked rapidly. There were liquid drops of tears on his finger. His sight was becoming blurry.

 

Yonghwa was… crying.

 

He looked around him. Seohyun and Jungshin were also tearing up. Laughing in disbelief, he shook his head. “This is impossible…”

 

“You’re crying,” Seohyun smiled, gently poking fun at him as tears poured down her face. She squatted beside her sister and they hugged tightly for what seemed like eternity. “I missed you so much too. Every time I woke up, I wondered how you and Yonghwa were doing. When I ate, I wondered how well y’all were eating. When I slept, I wondered if y’all were going to bed with peaceful, happy hearts.”

 

“Gosh guys,” Jungshin sniffed, his face scrunching up as he attempted to peer down at his wet cheek, “I haven’t cried in so long.”

 

“Me neither,” Yonghwa quickly added in.

 

The two girls paused their reunion and gave the guys the “You-Got-To-Be-Kidding-Me” look. “Guys,” they sighed in unison and shook their heads.

 

“We can still meet up sometimes, right?” Taeyeon asked Seohyun with a hopeful light in her eyes. “Please?”

 

“Of course,” Seohyun ruffled her sister’s hair affectionately. “We just can’t let that woman know until you’re old enough to move out of her house.”

 

“That’d be next year!” Taeyeon grinned widely at the group. Her phone began ringing and she glanced down at the name, her expression falling instantly. “It’s that woman…”

 

“Pick up,” Seohyun bit her lip.

 

“I’ll put her on speaker.” After a moment of hesitation, Taeyeon pushed the button on her phone. “Hi… Mom.”

 

“Where are you right now?!”

 

Seohyun flinched at her mother’s voice and memories of the last time they had met raced through her mind.

 

“You stupid brat,” Seohyun’s mother glared at her. “Get lost. Go to your father and stay there! Never come back again. If you ever show your face to my children, you’ll regret it. I’ll destroy your life and theirs as well. You know how Taeyeon’s dad is a drunkard? I’ll send her back to him. You wouldn’t like that, now would you? SO GET LOST.”

 

“I’m-” Taeyeon didn’t know what to say. She couldn’t say school, but she couldn’t say park either. “I’m at the library. Or I was. I’m leaving right now.”

 

“Were you studying or cuddling with a guy?” Her mother shot back her retort quickly.

 

“I was studying!”

 

“Taeyeon honey, you know that I won’t ever let you date, right?” Her voice changed from straight up venom to venom dipped in sugar. “Don’t forget how one day I’m going to marry you off to a boy who has a rich daddy. You’re a pretty girl, I’m sure the wealthy sons will love you. Which reminds me- tomorrow, cancel all of your plans. You, me, and your father are going out to an important business meeting. Dress your best. Dress to impress, arasso? Before you leave my house, you’re going to get married to someone who will help our business. Tomorrow is the prime day to attach yourself to your future husband. Anyways, that’s all I wanted to say. Get some groceries before you come home. Bye.”

 

After her rambling, their mother hung up the phone without even letting Taeyeon speak. “You’ve got to be kidding me,” Taeyeon muttered, her head twisting to the side as her hand wiped furiously away at tears. “I HATE THIS! I HATE HER! I HATE MY LIFE! I’M NOTHING BUT A TOOL!”

 

The other three stood in livid silence as they watched her break down into tears once more, their hearts aching alongside hers.

 

“Taeyeon,” Jungshin placed his hands firmly on her shoulders. “You’re important to all of us here, even to Yonghwa. You’re like my own little sister. You are more than a tool. Your mother’s just stupid and blinded by her lust for money. Don’t say that you hate your life. Please don’t say that.”

 

Taeyeon suddenly remembered how Jungshin, as a young child, had seen his mother utter those same words before taking her own life right in front of him. Taeyeon felt ashamed for bringing those memories up again, and grateful for his support. “Sorry Oppa. I didn’t mean to…”

 

“I know. But those words are so dangerous. I know you feel all alone. Sometimes you feel as if no one can really hear you or understand you. But know one thing for sure- even if you act like you’re perfectly fine on the outside, but you’re secretly crying for help in the inside, and no one notices your pain, know that you mean the world to someone right now. You mean the world to us. You mean the world to your future husband- someone you will marry out of love and not because of business purposes, I will make certain of that.”

 

Taeyeon’s tears dripped down her cheek, though this time not out of frustration and anger. She was touched. “Thank you. Thank you so much,” she whispered.

 

“Hey…” Yonghwa rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “I know I’ve been a huge butthead to you, but err… you’re still my sister and all… and I err… you err… saranghae. In a sister-brother way.” He coughed, his throat feeling like it was clogged up. “And if you need someone to talk to… I’m here. And I understand your frustration about the whole marriage thing- that lady has arranged so many blind dates for me, it’s disgusting. I never go and she can’t really do anything about it yet, but… yeah. And err… sorry for acting like a jerk all the time.”

 

Taeyeon’s mouth dropped open while Seohyun pulled her boyfriend into a hug, and Jungshin chuckled. All were shocked by Yonghwa’s confession and change in attitude.

 

“And you got me,” Seohyun grinned. “Keep me updated on your life and what’s been going on, aight? And if things get really bad at home, call me immediately and you can stay at my place. My dad’s always wanted to officially meet you. Don’t try to do everything on your own. And- I watch too many dramas, I know, I know, but- if someone threatens you and tells you that if you tell someone they’ll do something horrible to you or your friends, tell me anyways. I’ll kick their balls off. Don’t do it on your own. That always ends horrible in dramas,” Seohyun crinkled her nose.

 

“Arasso, arasso,” Taeyeon laughed. “I’ll tell you if anything bad happens.”

 

“Oh. By the way, what’s this thing you’ve got with that Jonghyun kid? I saw you guys holding hands. And you knew this question was coming,” Seohyun placed her hands on her hips. “I’ve had several encounters with him, and seeing how he’s been best friends with Yonghwa for so long I’d like to think he’s a good guy… but still. Holding hands with my little sister? In front of me?”

 

“He’s a really sweet guy,” Taeyeon grinned while Yonghwa rolled his eyes.

 

“I can’t believe you and my best friend at together,” Yonghwa gagged. “This is too weird. And Seohyun, please don’t kill him.”

 

“I won’t, I won’t,” Seohyun rolled her eyes. “I’ll just ask him a few questions.”

 

“Poor guy,” Jungshin muttered under his breath.

 

“Excuse me?” Seohyun whirled around on him, her hair whipping along with her. “I heard that mister.”

 

“Ears of a bat and memory of an elephant,” Jungshin laughed. “Though I don’t remember you being some legendary fighter, those attributes are still the same.”

 

“You’re a legendary fighter?” Taeyeon asked innocently.

 

“Those guys walked in and called you Jjang, right? From Seoul High?” Jungshin questioned.

 

Seohyun nodded.

 

“Wait. Jjang… from Seoul High… YOU’RE THATJJANG?” Taeyeon’s eyes widened with recognition. “No way?!”

 

“You’ve heard of me?” Seohyun asked, surprised that Taeyeon hung around people who’d gossip about that stuff.

 

“Oh yeah. Eunjung loves spreading rumors about how you’re pregnant and a e,” Taeyeon sighed.

 

“That girl…” Seohyun glared at Yonghwa, remembering the phone call from earlier, “needs to be taught a lesson. First she’s beating up my sister and now she’s spreading rumors about me? Tsk. That little brat. Has she done anything to you recently?”

 

“She was going to slap me today but Jonghyun stopped her,” Taeyeon admitted.

 

“She was going to slap you? As in physical contact? AS IN THAT BIIIIIIIT-cough- WANTS TO DIE?” Seohyun exploded.

 

“You can’t kill her! She’ll kill me if she realizes you’re punishing her because of me,” Taeyeon panicked.

 

“Jonghyun will save you,” Seohyun rolled her eyes. “Knight in shining armor indeed. Don’t worry. After I have a talk with her, she’ll leave you alone. But I suppose that means Jonghyun gained a goguma…”

 

“You still do that?” Taeyeon, Yonghwa, and Jungshin exclaimed in unison. They couldn’t believe it. After all these years, Seohyun still used her old method of ranking people. The more she liked someone, the more gogumas Seohyun would give him or her. If she didn’t like someone, she would call him or her a hamburger and give him or her hamburgers as rankings. None of them could ever figure why she picked those particular food items though…

 

“Yup.” Seohyun shrugged. Her eyes wandered over to the far end of the street where a car was turning onto one of the streets lining the park and she automatically yanked them to face the opposite direction. “Oh buttfart. That woman’s driving down the street.” Sneaking a peek back, she checked to see where she had gone.

 

“What?!” Yonghwa instinctively drew Seohyun into his arms, shielding her from view.

 

“She’s talking to someone right now, so if we’re going to get away, we need to go now,” Seohyun hissed. Instantly they broke into a run, crossed the street, and ducked into the closest store, peering out now and then to see. To their dismay the woman had parked nearby and gone into the store next door, which was a drink shop. Usually when people go to the drink shop, they come to the store where the kids were located for food afterwards…

 

They started running again. Down the street, turn, up another street, turn, turn, turn, run, run, run…

 

“Oh man. Man oh man oh man.” They collapsed on a bench and glanced at each other. The moment they made eye contact, they burst into laughter, feeling like little kids once more.

 

“That was close.”

 

“Oh yeah.”

 

“Wait. Isn’t that… that car right there… isn’t that… her car?!

 

~_~_~_~_~_~__~_~_~_~_~_~

Yay for another chapter! 

I went shopping with my mom today for dresses & jeans and came home feeling sad. So I went and got a membership for the LA fitness gym, LOL.

Anyways, I hope this chapter's good & y'all like it ^^

I usually don't edit my chapters after I write them, but if I do find mistakes I'll change them.

So if you see any mistakes, PLEASE TELL ME! (:

GUESS WHAT? I'm going to see the Pokemon Movie: WHITE with my friend tomorrow^^

I'm excited. It's showing at certain movie theaters for this weekend only...

YAY FOR POKEMON! I'd going to dress like a pokeball and she's going to dress like Misty, haha.

And when I say pokeball.. I mean WONGFU's version of a pokeball.

 

raisin [block]  on 12-3-2011 02:54:00 says: x
ah so that's how it is. but still ... it feels weird when seohyun's mom loves her stepson more than her own daughter.
oh well, whatever, LOL. what really matters is yongseo's romance! asdhsaskdladhsgaksld ♥

Yup. She's evil. She loves Yonghwa a lot because he has the potential to bring a lot of money to her. I guess Seohyun could too since she's super pretty... but because of how Seohyun's related to her father.. it's a no go. 

YES! YONGSEO! & now Jonghyun and Taeyeon... Hehehe. YONGSEO <3 Gah, I love episodes 27 & 28 SO CUTE. Seohyun's so adorable when she's mad! I wish I could be like that lol. & the commentators.. xD