Introducing Nichkhun. Uh oh.

Forbidden Kiss

 

Knowing full well that Yonghwa was listening for my footsteps, I slid onto my stomach and silently army crawled to the door, and instead of sliding the blinds to create a noisy peephole, I just stayed on the ground.

 

Lee Yonghwa.

 

Why are you doing this to me?

 

Haven’t you put me through enough torture already?

 

A song suddenly started playing and startled me, causing me to jump slightly. Fortunately it was loud enough to cover my clumsiness and I eavesdropped as he answered his phone… with a one-word answer, “Yeah,” every time the other party said something. The earphone volume was quite high, enabling me to catch tidbits of his friend’s voice and a very important name…

 

Choi Taeyeon.

 

Why was this kid talking about my Choi Taeyeon?

 

I stuck a mental note in my mind to check up on this Jonghyun punk again. He seems like a pretty decent, though I can’t tell much about his personality from our many but short encounters.

 

Don’t tell my Taeyeon caught his heart.

 

That girl gets in more trouble than Yonghwa does and each time I have to save her little , though her troubles were on a much safer scale compared to his. And they always involved a guy.

 

Last time when a guy became obsessed with her, and I mean literally obsessed, and things got to the point where he was secretly shadowing her around, I had to find him after school one day and, er, have a “talk” with him.

 

He never bothered her again.

 

I heard he even transferred schools. Poor bastard was asking for it when I caught him peeking through Taeyeon’s window at night.

 

My ears perked up as I heard Yonghwa hang up his phone finally, his stomach erupting into a miniature volcano as I stifled my laugh.

 

“I need to eat,” I heard him mutter. “Food…”

 

After pondering for a while, I heard him shuffle to his feet and start the engine on his motorcycle.

 

I counted to ten very slowly and glanced out the window. Coast clear.

 

Dashing out the door, I dragged my motorcycle outside my garage and blasted away, feeling like a giddy teenage girl who successfully snuck out at night.

 

Where should I go?  

 

 I dialed up Nichkhun’s number, hoping that my best friend was done with his JYP trainee schedule already. I really miss him.

 

“Yeboseyo?” His muffled voice reached my ears, giving me tingly sensations of joy.

 

“Yah, you punk!”

 

“Seohyun?” Nichkhun’s tired voice instantly perked up and I could only imagine his handsome face beaming.

 

“Who else would it be?”

 

“It’s my princess!” He sang, making me burst into laughter. “Where are you?”

 

“On my bike going no where. I just wanted to hear your voice so I called you, since you’re so busy you can’t ever call me these days.”

 

“I can imagine you pouting right now,” he chuckled.

 

Before I could speak however, another girl’s voice pushed me into silence.

 

“Oppa!” Her sugary voice hopped over to Nichkhun. “Who are you talking to?”

 

“I’m talking to…” He paused. I slowed my bike down, a feeling of dread creeping up my spine as I guessed his next words. “I’m just talking to my mom.”

 

Not waiting any longer, I hung up and blinked away the tear that had formed.

 

I saw this coming, I really did. After all, Nichkhun was a trainee for the famous JYP entertainment company and was close to debuting while I was a nobody. Ever since he was accepted to the company, I had been foolishly holding onto the hope that we could be as close as we were in the past.

 

Obviously it was a broken dream.

 

When I had shattered to pieces after Yonghwa’s accident, it was the brilliant Nichkhun who brought me out of the dark with his kindness.

 

Yonghwa had left me. Or… in that case it was rather vice versa since I technically left him, but he had forgotten about me so it equaled out.

 

And now Nichkhun left me.

 

Thankfully this time I had the other boys around me as a pillar of support. Taecyeon, Jay, Wooyoung, Junsu, Junho, Chansung… they were all seriously angels in disguise.

 

Twenty minutes had passed. My bike turned toward home as I throttled it full speed, maneuvering dangerously between the deafening horns that blared in my direction.

 

My phone began vibrating in my pocket and I pursed my lips. The mobile device flashed Nichkhun’s name across the screen and I knew that he trying to sweeten things up with excuses.

 

But I’m angry. I’m disappointed.

 

Even though he most likely has a valid reason for telling the girl that I’m his mom, I’m still feeling bitter.

 

And if I pick up the phone, I’ll forgive him.

 

But I’m feeling bitter.

 

I’d rather hang out with Yonghwa than hear Nichkhun’s pleading voice. This wasn’t the first time he’s ever stung me like that. Not in the very least. Oh yes, it has happened before, even when he was here with me.

 

Don’t get me wrong. Nichkhun is one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet- he’s everything a mom wants in a son in law; kind, caring, passionate, talented, well mannered.

 

It’s just that…

 

I raked me hand through my hair.

 

It’s just that we’ve been through so much together that I expected a little bit more from him, a little bit more loyalty.

 

Absorbed in my thoughts, I pulled in the driveway, parked, and ran flat-out into the front door.

 

Did I seriously just do that?

 

Why was Nichkhun’s attitude affecting me so much?

 

If only we could produce aually, I shook my head. Then I wouldn’t have to deal with trouble that came in the names of Yonghwa and Nichkhun. Guys were absolutely irksome!

 

And if Taecyeon heard me right now, he would throw a fit. I suppose I can make a few exceptions to my guy-annoyance list.

 

My hand opened the front door. A strange movement down the street caught my eyes- three obviously drunken “gangsters” staggered toward me. They look like they seriously need help.

 

Should I… help them?

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Oh SNAP! Seohyun's had a past with Nichkhun [; *winkwinknudgenudgehinthint

ANYWAYS, GUESS WHAT I DID TODAY?

I WENT TO THE HOUSTON KOREAN FESTIVAL! *WOOOOOOOT*

DUMBFOUNDEAD AND CLARA CHUNG PERFORMED LIKE FREAKING BOSSES. <3

 

& A 2011 Kollaboration Houston Finalist,  S.o.L. gave an amaaazing performance too! (:

^ my friends got pictures with S.o.L. & spazzed out, haha.  He's super talented!
 

J.U. [Just Underestimated] was also a pretty cool musician. [: He's a 2010 Houston Kollab Finalist. Talented, whassuuup?

 

LOL  they played BEAST's fiction & I fangirled. And then they played APINK's song and these people sitting on the grass behind me thought that it was a commercial at first..  KIKWANG <3

There was a flash mob and they danced to a bunch of kpop songs like Sorry Sorry, Mister, FICTION, RINGDINGDONG, Gee, NEVERLAND, etc.. This one girl was super good!

 

Heehhe, I'm still excited about the KFest. I can't wait for next yeaaaaaaar ! ~ If only it was like New York's KFest.. with all them kpop singers..