Operation: Get the name tag

I'm in love with a thief

Following that weekend is a 2-week-long plot to ‘borrow’ Se Hun’s name tag.

A lot of the times I nearly succeeded, but this particular somebody always got in the way.

He is Kim Jong Hyun.

Like Se Kyung to me, Jong Hyun is Se Hun’s best buddy in school. More than classmates, they are also colleagues at a café, where they both took up part time jobs together.

Try 1:

Se Kyung ‘accidentally’ spilled water onto Se Hun’s blazer.

I ‘coincidentally’ passed by and offered to help Se Hun bring his blazer home to dry while he head for his work as usual.

Se Hun agreed and passed his blazer to me - well, nearly.

Before my fingers could even touch it, it had landed in Jong Hyun’s hands.

“Ey, Se Hun, you shouldn’t trouble Sun Hee like this. There’s a dryer at Bene (the café they work at), we can just put this in before work later.”

Before leaving, Jong Hyun smiled at me while lifting his brows, as if to say ‘you’re welcome’.


Try 2:

I ‘accidentally’ forgot my blazer at home but there’s an attire check by my teacher-in-charge the next lesson.

I ‘worriedly’ expressed my problem to Se Hun and requested to borrow his blazer.

“Of course, but you’ll need your name tag on the blazer too to pass the attire check.”

“I brought my name tag!!!” I quickly exclaimed, “Just pass me your blazer!” I almost hopped on the spot out of excitement.

He looked slightly confused and I could almost hear him ask in his head ‘why did she remember to take her name tag but not her blazer?’ but I was too happy to care about that.

This time, he was one button away from removing his blazer to pass it to me.

I was staring at his button when a blazer was shoved into my face.

“You can have mine! I don’t need it today anyway.” Jong Hyun grinned in his sports shirt, apparently heading to the court for a basketball game.

 

*2 days before Valentine’s

Today, I am all set on getting Se Hun’s name tag, by hook or by crook.

Se Kyung and I studied at Café Bene until Se Hun and Jong Hyun knocked off.

I successfully earned alone time with Se Hun with no possible disruption from Jong Hyun as Se Kyung dragged him towards the other direction to take another path home.

Then came another problem: This time I don’t have a plan. I brainstormed hard on how to distract Jong Hyun that I forgot about this.

“Sun Hee? Are you alright?” It was only when Se Hun spoke that I realized I was frowning intensely while we walk, my vision hovering around his name tag.

“I, I……. SE HUN! I just saw a big, BIG bug crawl into your blazer!!!! Quick remove it!!”

His eyes widened slightly and he quickly did as told.

I snatched his blazer over before he could start checking for the bug,

“Oh it’s soooooo big! You won’t want to see it. It’s soooo huge!!!!” I repeated exaggeratingly while fumbling to remove his name tag from the blazer.

I could see the curiousity in his eyes as he tried to reach for the blazer.

“Here! I got it!” I grinned, wrapping the name tag within my fist while throwing the blazer back to him, “I’ll head home first to get rid of this bug! See you tomorrow!” I sprinted off before he could even reply.