We have forever

I'm in love with a thief

 “You… Aren’t you angry?” I asked carefully.

“Jong Hyun told me the ridiculous things he said to spite you…” He sighed before continuing, “Only you will be silly enough to believe his words.”

I pouted unhappily, cursing Jong Hyun repeatedly in my heart.


However, the next second, I started to think Jong Hyun must be a god-sent cupid, because Se Hun continued,

“Since I don’t have my bag with me, I told Jin Ri to leave the rest of the filing to tomorrow. You mentioned you have a list of… couple activities that you want to complete just now, right?”

I thought the first few points on my checklist are easily achievable, so we can move on to completing to the rest of them very soon, but I forgot that my boyfriend is one of a kind.

1) Couple phone wallpaper

I quickly took my phone out and grabbed his head to pose for a photo together, and my part was done.

But… “My phone doesn’t have a camera.”

“What… how?!” How is he still able to get a phone without a camera in the market right now? Haven’t they went extinct?!

“I don’t need a phone at all. But my grandfather insisted he needed a way to contact me, so he stuffed his one to me before getting a new one for himself.” He explained.

After much consideration, I decided to skip (1) for now since I can wait till we complete (6) take childish neoprints together, before pasting it on the back of his dinosaur-era phone as a fixed ‘wallpaper’.

2) Change our FaceBook statuses to Into a relationship

When I showed Se Kyung my checklist, she laughed and snorted throughout reading it, but she laughed the hardest at this one.

I know it’s childish, but it was one of the things I always wanted to do. After watching hundreds of Korean dramas throughout the years, I realized I was most envious of the female leads for having someone to call their own. I want to announce it to the world – this is my boyfriend. There are a lot of boys in the world, but this one is mine.

But… “I don’t have a FaceBook account.” He looks guilty now.

“It’s ok! I should have expected it. I’ll just create one for you now!” I grinned.

I looked at his miserable FaceBook friends list which only consists of me now, and clicked on “Add Jong Hyun as friend’ but before he accepted it, another friend request appeared.

I was excited for a moment, until I clicked on it and saw ‘Jin-Ri Choi has requested to be your friend. Accept / Ignore’?

I won’t feel good if I accepted it, but she was his friend after all, so I couldn’t bear to reject it either.

So I did the right choice and slammed my laptop shut before dragging Se Hun out to complete point (3) so that I don’t have to respond to the friend request.

3) Order the couple sundae at Café Bene

There was once when I was studying at Café Bene with Se Kyung (of course, my ulterior motive was to walk home with Se Hun after his work ends) and was hesitating about what desserts to order when I saw that one sundae is 3000won while the couple sundae (which is twice the amount) only costs 4000won.

When I decided on my order, Jong Hyun laughed at me mockingly from behind the counter,

“Hahahaha Oh Sun Hee, don’t you see the word couple? This item is for couples only!”

“Pffft….. What kind of logic is this? You should feedback to your manager, couples can split the cost among two people. How is the couple sundae even cheaper than my single sundae….” I nagged at Jong Hyun while paying for my order, my eyes chasing after the figure which was diligently cleaning tables. 
That was when I decided I must come back to order the couple sundae, and it must be with him.

 

“What do you mean Bene is closed for an event!!!!” I stared at Jong Hyun, trying to resist the urge to strangle him.

“Aish, will you quit making that ‘I am going to kill you’ face! It’s not my decision either. Last night Manager Hyung received a reservation to book the whole café for today, I think it’s for a proposal…. Anyway, I have to get back to work, see you guys tomorrow!” He quickly said before shutting the door on me again.


Se Hun laughed at my disappointed face while rubbing my deep frown away,

“Don’t be sad. We’ll come back tomorrow, ok?” He said gently.

“Mm….. But I really wanted to finish the checklist by today.” I replied softly.

“Silly girl….. Why the rush? We have forever to do so.”
 

I raised my head to see his captivating smile, the same one I fell in love with on the first day we met at the traffic cross junction.