Reminders to self

I'm in love with a thief

The next day I went to school with a head of jet black hair (thanks to Kim Jong In who threw a box of black dye into our grocery basket and reminded me that my colourful hair is not going to satisfy the Head Master’s attire expectations).

“Good morning, friend!” I said to Se Hun as I reached the main gate, where we are supposed to wait for the HM’s arrival for our attire check.

He stared at me without replying for a long time, so long that I thought he was going to ignore my greetings.

“Good morning.” He said before turning to face the HM, who is standing in front of the crowd of students (including us) who did school service yesterday.

“You look much prettier in black hair,” He continued softly.

“Really?!” I exclaimed in happiness, “You really think so?”

“Ya Oh Sun Hee! What’s with the commotion?” The HM shouted from in front.

“Good morning Mr Lee! Thank you for your hard work!” I said in a cheery tone. At that time, I felt like anyone can insult me and I still wouldn’t be offended.

Mr Lee obviously didn’t expect me to reply in such a respectful way, because he dazed for a while before continuing, “Oh Sun Hee, you're a weird student. How does shouting at you put you in such a good mood…”

I grinned in reply.

 

The week passed by quickly enough.

Every school day was spent interacting with classmates to know one another better.

Every evening was spent learning how to cook with Jong In over at my place, although according to him, I have a long way to go before I get the hang of it.

Every morning was spent struggling to get out of bed earlier. But out of 4 school days, I only managed to wake up early enough to walk to school with Se Hun once.

More specifically speaking, I was brushing my teeth while packing my bag in the living room when I heard his door open.

I quickly gurgled and bolted out the door to chase after him.

“Oh, what a coincidence! Haha…” I panted while waving to him, who was waiting for the lift.

“Sun, Sun Hee. Your uniform…. Looks really crumpled.”

That’s because I wore it to sleep – this is one of the solutions I came up with to shorten my preparation time so that I can catch up with him.

“Oh… Yeah, my iron broke down, ha.. ha.”

“And… There’s white foam on your skirt.”

“Uh?” I looked down and realized there really was a patch of white foam, which looked especially obvious on my navy skirt. It clearly got there while I was brushing my teeth in a rush.

I bit my lips with embarrassment and thought to myself

‘Reminder: Never put on my uniform before washing up again.’

He laughed at my reaction and passed me a tissue.

I looked at his smile and thought to myself again

‘Reminder 2: Oh Se Hun looks amazing when he smiles so maybe I can scrape the previous reminder.’