Can you hear me call?

I'm in love with a thief

After cleaning the dishes, I sat on the sofa reading my novel till my mom returned from work,

“Sun Hee ah, I picked up your phone from the repair shop just now. It’s working fine now; you just have to charge it for a while.”

I nodded and brought it into my room to charge it by my table.

When I turned around, Se Hun was there lying on his side, sleeping peacefully.

I tip-toed to his side carefully and silently watched him.

Truthfully, after I stomped home that day, I thought about a lot of things, and I know I would definitely regret it if I just let go of what we had so easily, but I couldn’t put down my pride either….

So I gave myself the holidays as a reflecting period for both of us, and decided that we should talk about this when we meet again.

But he ran right after me, proving his sincerity and my importance. I couldn’t stay mad for any longer even if I wanted to.

Thus, I’ve decided that once he wakes up, I’d tell him that I’m not angry anymore, and tell him that I’m sorry too, tell him that….

My train of thoughts were interrupted by the vibration of my phone, which has started up after being charged.

I walked over to see that there were 33 missed calls and 7 voice messages.

7 missed calls were from Jong In, 9 from Se Kyung and the rest were all from Se Hun solely.

Voice Message 1

18:58 Where did you go? I’m at your door now; I won’t go anywhere until you’re back. We will talk about this when we meet, ok? I don’t want it to be over just like that…..

Voice Message 2

19:30 I’m sorry Sun Hee… I didn’t think you’d be this affected, but please, please just listen to me… I really didn’t believe you’d steal Jin Ri’s watch or do anything of that sort, I swear! Jong Hyun is like a brother to me, I can’t just ignore his feelings either… I just wanted to hear what he has to say, I know he won’t accuse you without a reason… I thought I could at least hear his explanation out, but you ran off just like that...

Voice Message 3

22:23 YA Oh Sun Hee! Where exactly did you go?! I just checked with Se Kyung, but you’re not here either. So you decided to go into hiding now? Is this what you do when you encounter a problem? I will show you the consequences once I find you.

Voice Message 4

23:02 Sun Hee, I was just joking… You know that right? I can’t even bear to see you cry, what more hurt you…. Will you please just appear now…. Jong In and I are worried sick….

Voice Message 5

00:45 You don’t have to appear, just drop me a text, ok? I just need to know you’re safe. I just need to know that…. You have to be safe.

Voice Message 6

06:30 Jong In’s mom just called to say that you’re in Gangdong….. Thank you, Sun Hee…. That’s the best news I’ve heard today. Thank you for being safe and sound….

Voice Message 7

06:47 Sun Hee ah…. I’m waiting for the train with Jong In now. But even after knowing you’re safe, I can’t stop being afraid…. What if you don’t want to see me… What if you don’t want me anymore… Ha ha, Sun Hee won’t do that……… right?

Right?

 

 

By the fourth voice message, I was already tearing violently but I tried to keep it silent while listening to the rest of them.

“Sun… Hee? Why are you crying?” Se Hun approached me from behind, his alert expression mismatching his bed hair.

I sunk my face into his waist while remaining seated, “Sorry, Se Hun… I’m sorry…… I didn’t want to hurt you……”

He tensed for a moment before wrapping his arms around me while patting my head, soothing my emotions.

“Sun Hee, this is the second time you’re crying because of me…. I should be the one apologizing… But I promise you, I’ll never, ever make you cry again, ok?”