Choi Jin Ri

I'm in love with a thief

Valentine’s Day

Following Se Hun’s ‘confession’ last night, we officially (coughs) became an item.

I tossed and turned the entire night, thinking about all the things I want to do with Se Hun as a couple. In the end, I gave up trying to sleep with all the thoughts in my head, and crawled to my table to list them down in my notebook and only turned in after I carefully placed it in my bag.

I skipped to his class after school, eager to show him my hand-made ‘Couple Checklist’ and start ticking them off.

“Sorry, Sun Hee ah, I can’t today.”

“Why!” I asked in disappointment.

“We have to head to the Student Committee for a meeting about the passing down of duties. Tomorrow, alright? I swear I’d leave the entire day free for you.” Se Hun smiled while rubbing my hair.

We? I was still digesting his sentence when a girl appeared from behind him. Fair skin, small face, the standard Korean beauty. (>.>)

“Annyeong ha se yo, I’m Choi Jin Ri.” She smiled politely.

I nodded dazedly as they bided goodbye and left the classroom.


“Ya Oh Sun Hee, what are you doing staring into space!” Jong Hyun called me, pulling me from my daze.

“Se Hun and the Jin Ri girl… They are in the student committee?”

“Oh, you mean Choi Jin Ri? Yeah, Se Hun is going to take over the President place and Jin Ri is going to take over the Vice President spot. She had helped Se Hun with a lot of work recently.”

I felt something sour within me.... I don’t even know about Se Hun being in the student committee, and there the standard Korean beauty is helping him with so many committee stuffs.

Jong Hyun stared at my changing expressions before starting in a weird tone, “Hmmm, I bet they will have a lot of paper work to do after the meeting. For a responsible person like Se Hun, he must want to finish as much work as possible by today. I guess he will go to Café Bene with Jin Ri and stay there the entire night to finish up their work……” He dragged his words.

I raised my head in a sudden when he said the entire night.

I quickly thought about how to stop Se Hun from going on a work-date with Jin Ri (although it only exists based on Jong Hyun’s imagination) when I spotted his bag on his chair.

“I, I’ll get going first!” I said before grabbing Se Hun’s bag and leaving the classroom. I did everything in such a rush that I didn’t realize Jong Hyun holding his laughter in behind me, seeing I’ve fallen for his trap.


After I got home, I started face-palming myself repeatedly.

What if Se Hun has something really important to finish up by today? What if he can’t find his bag and thought someone stole it? What if he couldn’t hand up a submission in time and got into trouble because of me (again)?

I paced back and forth imagining different dire consequences before grabbing his bag, hoping to get back to school to place it in his classroom before he realized it was gone.

However, when I opened the door, ready to sprint off, Se Hun was already standing there, holding his fist up ready to knock.

“Se, Se Hun ah…. I didn’t mean to… steal your bag. I didn’t know what I was thinking either. I was planning to go back to school to return it! I didn’t think your meeting would end this early… Sorry, did I cause you a lot of trouble?” My voice softened towards the end as I lowered my head, ready for a scolding.

I raised my head in a surprise as a hand rubbed my head gently.

“I thought you would say something like….. There’s a bug in my bag so you brought it home to kill it in a panic.” He laughed heartily.

I was confused at his words for a while, wondering why they sounded familiar.

When I remembered that it was the horrible excuse I used to obtain his name tag, I blushed in awkwardness.