Messes and Realizations

Fix You

Himchan woke up to find himself lying in a hospital bed, an IV in his arm, his wounds covered, and his gloves removed. He began to panic, because even this clean, white environment had to be filthy.

"Easy there," came a deep voice Himchan knew all too well.

Yongguk smiled at Himchan.

Himchan just looked at him.

"How's my little bucket of crazy?" Yongguk asked, a huge, gummy grin plastered on his face.

"Why am I here? How did I get here?" Himchan asked, too worn out to be mad about the 'bucket of crazy' comment.

"Well, you see, I called you a couple of times after our meeting to check up on you, because I know things like that can be stressful. When you didn't pick up, I got worried, so I got Junhong to do a little digging and find out where you live. When I went to your apartment, the door was unlocked so I was even more worried. I went in and searched for you only to find you unconscious in your bathroom floor, covered in bleeding scratches. I've been a human being long enough to know that that isn't healthy, so I momentarily disregarded your mysophobia and carried you to my car and then I drove you here. Simple as that," Yongguk replied, grinning.

Himchan just stared at him, open mouthed, just trying to figure out exactly what the hell Yongguk had just told him.

"Did you cover my wounds?" Himchan asked.

"No," Yongguk responded.

"But you touched me?" Himchan asked.

"Yes. I carried you to my car," Yongguk replied.

"And you were in my apartment?" Himchan asked, his voice going up an octave.

"Yes, but I didn't touch anything," Yonnguk reassured him.

Himchan didn't have the energy to tell Yongguk that him not touching things wasn't the point so he let it go.

"How did Junhong find out where I live?" Himchan asked, moving on.

"He called a friend that has a little crush on you," Yongguk shrugged.

Himchan shivered at that comment.

He then looked thoughtfully at his hands.

"Where are my gloves?" Himchan asked.

"The doctor took them off," Yongguk replied.

Himchan nodded.

"Have you been here the whole time?" Himchan asked.

"Of course. I couldn't just leave you here alone to wake up all confused, now could I?" Yongguk commented.

"This is not something a therapist does for his patient," Himchan said, shaking his head.

"I'm not your therapist. I'm your friend," Yongguk said in a serious tone.

Yongguk hovered his hand over Himchan's so as to not actually touch him.

Himchan was internally torn between wanting to draw away and wash his hands and wanting to reach up and grasp Yongguk's hand in his own.

For a split second, he chose the latter before letting hot tears slide down his cheek. He glanced up at Yongguk in apology before screaming for someone to take the IV out of his arm so he could wash his hands.

As the nurses rushed in, Yongguk that moment to realize just how glad he was that Himchan wasn't his patient.

Not because he was a hot mess, but because he was a hot mess that Yongguk had fallen for in just three days.

As Yongguk was pushed out into the hallway so the nurses could get Himchan under control, he looked at his hand and grinned, still able to feel the warmth of Himchan's hand that was in his for less than a full second. He once again thanked his lucky stars that he was not Himchan's therapist so he could continue to fall for him at a rate faster than any posted speed limit would allow him to.

 

A/n:

Chapter nine is just a little bit longer, with just a little bit of nick names and a little bit of hand holding.

"Fix You" now has 440 views and 32 subs so thank y'all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!