Heart and Mind

Fix You
 
 
Himchan ran to the bathroom, the real bathroom this time, and the faucet. He watched as all the confidence and sarcasm he had had just mere seconds ago washed down the drain. He watched the contamination from Yongguk's mere presence swirl around with the soap and dissappear into a dark abyss that he knew led to the sewers but he wished it led to hell.
 
 He gripped the sides of the filthy sink, wanting desperately to clean the entire bathroom. In fact, Yongguk's entire house made him want to peel off his skin in exchange for a fresh, new Himchan. He stayed lost in his thoughts like that for a while, his grip on the sink getting tighter and tighter. 
 
"Himchan."
 
Himchan jumped in surprise and turned around, smacking his head against the medicine cabinet in the process. 
 
"Ow! Mother er!" he groaned in pain. 
 
"Are you okay? I didn't mean to scare you," Yongguk said, the concern in his voice not matching the look on his face. 
 
"Yeah. I'm fine. Just surprised," Himchan said, turning back around towards the sink and away from Yongguk. 
 
"Himchan," Yongguk said again. 
 
"What?" Himchan snapped. 
 
Yongguk ran a hand through his hair and sighed deeply. 
 
"We aren't done talking," Yongguk said apprehensively.  
 
Himchan scoffed. 
 
"Well, excuse me for leaving so suddenly. I just had this overwhelming urge to wash my hands," Himchan said sarcastically, his words harsh and biting even though he knew his attitude was only making thigs worse. 
 
Yongguk sighed again. 
 
"There's no need to be so short with me, Himchan," Yongguk said, sounding rather worn out. 
 
Himchan scoffed again. 
 
He didn't mean to be so rude. Really, he didn't. But, he had just confessed to Yongguk and he had even kissed him. He had no idea what was wrong with him, him who had completely distanced himself from people for as log as he could remember. And since his normal boundaries weren't working on Yongguk anymore, Himchan decided to put up his rude front. 
 
"Himchan, look at me," Yongguk commanded. 
 
Himchan rolled his eyes. 
 
Yongguk rubbed his temples and sighed deeply. 
 
He made his way to Himchan, stepping over pieces of Junhong's clothing that he had thrown around in the process. He placed his hands on Himchan's shoulders, smirking at the feel of Himchan's flinch and the sound of his gasp. 
 
"Finally got you to respond," Youngguk said cockily. 
 
Okay, so maybe his rude front wasn't working. 
 
"There isn't anything else for us to talk about. I know how you feel, you know how I feel, and that's all there is to it," Himchan said shortly. 
 
"If that's all there is to it, then why are avoiding me now?" Yongguk questioned. 
 
"I'm not avoiding you. Get over yourself," Himchan snapped. 
 
Yongguk wrapped his arms around Himchan's slender body, his own muscular body pressed flush against Himchan's. Himchan squirmed and tried to get out of Yongguk's grasp to no avail. 
 
"Oh yeah? You're not avoiding me?" Yongguk asked, knowing full well what his actions were doing to Himchan's mental state. 
 
"No. Now please let go of me," Himchan said, panic evident in his voice. 
 
Yongguk did as he was told and let go. Himchan turned the faucet back on an began to scrub. Yongguk reached over and shut the faucet back off. 
 
"Hey!" Himchan said angrily. 
 
"If you scrub anymore, your hands will start cracking and bleeding," Yongguk warned. 
 
"Well, maybe if I scrub and scrub and scrub until my hands start to bleed then I can convince myself I am coming clean. Which is something I have to do everytime I'm around you," Himchan said, turning the faucet back on. 
 
Yongguk shut it off again. 
 
"Why do you say that only for me? Wouldn't you normally do that for any kind of public outing or interaction?" Yongguk asked, his therapist mode coming back full force. 
 
"Not lately. Or at least not as bad as when I'm with you," Himchan said, turning the faucet on once again. 
 
Yongguk shut it off. 
 
"Why do you think that is?" Yongguk asked. 
 
"You ruined me," Himchan said simply and without hesitation.
 
Himchan turned the faucet on again. 
 
Yongguk didn't shut it off this time. 
 
"Ruined you?" Yongguk asked. 
 
"Remember how I said you opened up a new life for me? Well you did, and you made me really comfortable around you. And whenever I'm around you, my heart does this weird stuff I don't understand, and it feels heavy, and it beats too fast, and it keeps telling me to reach out and touch you. And it told me to kiss you. My  brain told me to run and to stop listening to my heart. And I'm starting to think my brain is right, because all my heart ever does is give me trouble," Himchan said, wringing his hands harder together, the soap running off his hands and into the sink. 
 
"I think your brain is wrong," Yongguk said. 
 
Himchan gave him a confused look over his shoulder. 
 
"How?" Himchan asked. 
 
"Well, as you know, I'm a psychiatrist. My job is to understand how the brain works. The brain tries to make a logical solution for every situation it is faced with. The heart, however, is completely illogical. It wants what it wants when it wants it. It tells the body to go after something, and the brain tries to find a logical reason why it shouldn't. Your heart is telling you to open up to me, while your brain is saying no. Now, I may be a little biased towards your heart, but, as a licensed professional, I think your brain is wrong," Yongguk explained. 
 
Himchan turned around to face him. 
 
"You want to know what I think?" he asked. 
 
Yongguk nodded. 
 
"I think you play your 'licensed psychiatrist' card too much," Himchan grimaced. 
 
Yongguk laughed. 
 
"Does that mean you think I'm right?" Yongguk asked. 
 
"Yes. Dammit," Himchan growled. 
 
Yongguk grinned. 
 
"What do you want to do now, Mr. Kim?" Yongguk asked. 
 
"Well, how about you cure my mysophobia like you promised to in the beginning. I-I want to be able to touch you without having to disinfect myself," Himchan said shyly. 
 
Yongguk grinned wider. 
 
"That is hands-down the most romantic thing I have ever heard," Yongguk said. 
 
"Shut up," Himchan growled. 
 
He turned the faucet off and walked out of the bathroom. 
 
Yongguk followed after him, pride dripping from his smile like the last few droplets of water dripping from the faucet. 
 
A/n: 
 
Chapter 16, technically, is up! Yeeehaw maybe now we can get this story on the road to getting done. Also, if you liked the bonus chapter and want another one, you can request one. It was kind of fun to write, honestly. Anyway, 
thank y'all so much and please continue to subscribe and comment! Much love!!!!