Waiting and Abandonment

Fix You
 
 
The following day, after sending his message to Yongguk via Junhong, Himchan waited anxiously for the meeting he scheduled on his own. He didn't bother to ask Junhong if he delivered the note because he trusted the boy. He also didn't bother to ask if Yongguk was coming because he trusted Yongguk. Yongguk would always pull through for him. 
 
Later that afternoon, after school had ended, Himchan waited for Yongguk. He fidgeted with his gloves and glanced at the clock. Two minutes before Yongguk was due to be there, Himchan decided to shed his gloves in order to show Yongguk the "progress" he had made. Even though he was back at square one, his pride wouldn't allow Yongguk to see that he was actually very fragile without him. 
 
When the minute hand struck time for Yongguk's arrival, Himchan stared at the door, waiting for it to swing open. When it didn't, Himchan looked at the clock in confusion. After he watched the minute change, he looked at the door in confusion. Maybe Yongguk was just late?
 
But that was impossible for Yongguk. He wouldn't be late. He couldn't be late. 
 
Himchan's mind immediately jumped to conclusions. What if Yongguk got into an accident? Or maybe he got killed walking out of his clinic? Or maybe he's sick? Or maybe....
 
Himchan almost made himself sick with worry. He wondered if maybe Junhong hadn't given the note to Yongguk. That wasn't like Junhong though, since he was very reliable. 
 
A voice in the back of Himchan's head that grew louder with each word it uttered kept saying, "You know he abandoned you, right?"
 
But Himchan refused to listen to that voice. Yongguk wouldn't just abandon him. There was no way that was possible. After a few minutes of contiplation, Himchan decided to call Yongguk to see if he was okay. 
 
He dialed the number and it rang a few times before Yongguk picked it up. 
 
"Ah, Himchan?" Yongguk asked, his voice laced with awkwardness. 
 
"Yongguk? Are you okay?" Himchan asked. 
 
"Yeah? Why would I not be?" Yongguk asked, confused. 
 
"Well, it's just that I wrote you that note that I wanted to meet with you and you didn't come and-" 
 
"Ah, yeah, about that, we shouldn't meet anymore. Junhong's been telling me about how you haven't been wearing gloves while you teach and how you're taking stuff from students with your bare hands. You sound like you're doing so well without me that I think you're better off without me. I'm glad you're doing so well. It makes me happy to see you progressing," Yongguk told him. 
 
Himchan couldn't believe what he was hearing. He really was being abandoned. He breathed in deeply and clenched and unclenched his fists a couple times before he spoke again. 
 
"What?" was all he could get out. 
 
"I'm saying we don't need to see each other anymore. It's not healthy for you," Yongguk said. 
 
"How?" Himchan asked. He was really getting tired of only being able to come up with one word. 
 
Yongguk sighed over the phone. 
 
"Look, Himchan. Just, it's just better this way. You'll see. I'm going to hang up now. It's for the best," Yongguk said. 
 
"Wait!" Himchan yelled. 
 
"What?" Yongguk asked. 
 
"Uh, are you at home right now?" Himchan asked, blurting out the first thing that came to mind. 
 
"Yeah?" Yongguk said, confused. 
 
"Okay. Bye," Himchan said, and quickly hung up the phone, his emotions a mixture of humiliated and heart broken. 
 
'How could I ask him where he lives? That's so stupid,' Himchan thought to himself. 
 
And then he had a revelation of sorts. 
 
If Yongguk was home, then he could go see him and ask him just what the hell he was talking about. 
 
His embarrassing mistake turned into a fantastic idea. 
 
He grabbed a disinfectant wipe out of his bag and opened his classroom door. He walked calmly down the hallway and to the administration office. He then used his key to open the door and enter the office. He made his way to the back where the student records were kept. He searched for Junhong's. When he found them, he pulled out the file and searched for his address. When he found the address, he put the file back in and closed the cabinet. He walked out of the office, locked the door and returned to his classroom. He grabbed his things, locked his classroom door, and left. 
 
He walked out of the school and went to the nearest bus stop. He caught the bus headed in the direction of Junhong's house- of Yongguk's house- and thought of the things he would say when he finally got to Yongguk. 
 
A/n: 
 
Chapter 14!!!! Thanks to all of y'all who continue to support me and give me love. Y'all make me who I am as a writer. Please continue to support me as I finish (hopefully soon) this monstrosity! Much love!!!!!!!!!!