Gloves and Discovery

Fix You

Himchan adjusted the wrists of his gloves one more time before his appointment began. He anxiously glanced from the door to his classroom to the clock on the wall. Just five more minutes.

The door opened exactly five minutes later, and a tall, handsome man stepped into the classroom.

Himchan stood up to greet him.

"Ah, hello. It's nice to meet you, Mr. Bang," Himchan said, giving his best smile.

"Please call me Yongguk. No need for formalities here, Mr. Kim," Yongguk said with a grin, holding out his hand to shake Himchan's.

Himchan shivered inwardly.

He hesitantly took Yongguk's hand and shook it before quickly dropping it and sitting back down.

"So, what did you need to meet with me about today?" Yongguk asked politely.

"Oh, yes. Well, Junhong is very intelligent, as you already know. But lately, I've noticed that he doesn't really want to try or participate in class, or more like, he sleeps during class. I'm worried that maybe the class is too slow paced for him?" Himchan began.

Yongguk took this into consideration.

"Hmm, that does sound like my little brother. Well, what do you suggest we do?" Yongguk said, moving his hands ever so closer to Himchan's.

Himchan visibly drew away.

"Maybe he might try the advanced class?" Himchan suggested.

"But Junhong always mentions how much he loves your class,"
Yongguk said.

"Really? Is it up to his level then? Because it looks too easy for him," Himchan comments.

"Honestly, I think he'd stay in this class even if it were at a kindergarten level as long as you were the one teaching it. You're his favorite teacher," Yongguk replied.

Himchan lit up.

"Really?"

Yongguk moved in closer.

"Really."

Himchan tried to move back, but Yongguk clamped a hand down on Himchan's arm.

Himchan's eyes went wide.

Yongguk moved his face an inch away from Himchan's.

"You have mysophobia, don't you?" Yongguk asked, concern covering his face.

Emotions flew through Himchan all at once. He didn't really know what to feel so he settled on a quick burst of anger.

"What's it to you? You don't even know me!" Himchan snapped.

Yongguk leaned back in his seat.

"I see," he said, getting up to leave.

"I'm sorry, I-" Himchan began.

"No, I'm sorry. I'll take my leave now," Yongguk said, taking a card out of his pocket.

He lays the card on Himchan's desk and leaves the classroom.

Himchan barely notices the card during his initial panic of removing his gloves, disinfecting his hands, and putting on new gloves.

After he calmed himself, he looked at the card with curiosity. It appeared to be a business card of some sort. Himchan picked it up and read it.

He immediately dropped it back onto the desk.

The card read 'Seoul Psychiatry, Bang Yongguk, XXX-XXX-XXXX'.

Himchan layed his head on the desk and covered it with his hands.

Yongguk's a therapist.

He's a therapist that was just doing his job and Himchan had just snapped at him and made him leave.

Himchan groaned and seriously considered moving Junhong to the advanced class.