Chapter 4

Marry Him If You Dare

“Your muscles are so big.” The woman cooed, looking up with adoration in her eyes.

“Thank you.” He smiled brightly, looking a bit shy at the compliment.

“Are you flying somewhere?”

“No, I am here to pick up my nephews.” The man held up a sign that had Kang written on it with bold sharpie marker.

“Oh, that is so cute!” The woman melted at the thought before bidding the man goodbye. What a cute, strong specimen to run into randomly. It must be her lucky day.

***

Minseok had not slept on the plane ride. He was very aware of his seatmate and how he seemed to snuggle closer with every passing moment. Minseok was afraid that if he fell asleep he would wake up with Luhan on top of him. So instead he thought about the work awaiting him in the office, he thought about Arsenal, he thought about how much he needed to clean his living room. He thought about anything other than the Chinese guy currently glued to his side. And that is how he got through it.

Arriving at the airport the Kang brothers disembarked the plane, dragging themselves towards the arrivals gate and a waiting chauffeur. When they rounded the passageway to the exits they spotted a sign held high – and then they heard the very commanding shouts.

“Yah! Welcome back!”

Minseok wanted to turn and run, he knew he was in trouble. Normally he would have smiled and been happy to see his Uncle Kim Jong Kook, but he knew the man had an ulterior motive for picking them up at the airport. Jong Kook had never done this before and it was far more than a coincidence that he was there to pick up the brothers for the first time right after that damn contest had been announced. He was there as a spy, he was there to see what they had been up to while they were gone.

Minseok noticed his brothers had stopped for a moment as well, no doubt sensing the fact that they were about to enter into an interrogation. Their uncle didn’t seem to care if they were nervous because he kept waving them closer.

“Who is that guy?” Luhan whispered, grabbing Minseok’s arm and leaning close. Minseok jerked his arm away quickly, not willing to give his uncle a starting point. Luhan frowned at his boyfriend’s actions but kept walking. After all, he had zero idea what this was all about.

The brother’s greeted their uncle kindly and alongside their two apprehensive guests (Tao just kept whispering things about how big their Uncle’s muscles were) they entered the limousine that was waiting. Kim Jong Kook entered the back seat alongside them, telling the Chauffeur to drive to the offices.

“Can’t we go home first?” Sehun asked, wanting to get a few more hours sleep.

“No.” Jong Kook answered firmly before turning his interest to the two newcomers.

“So, Minseok where did you meet your friend?” Jong Kook smiled, “Oh, and I am sorry. I should introduce myself properly. I am Kim Jong Kook, Minseok’s Uncle. And you are?”

“Luhan, sir.” Luhan smiled brightly, “I am Minseok’s boyfriend. We met when-“

“Friend. He is my friend.” Minseok corrected, “Here for a visit. Ha..ha.”

Jong Kook was not convinced. He noticed that Luhan hit Minseok hard in the arm, mouthing a “What?!?” at the denial of their relationship. Yeah, for sure this was Minseok’s means to win, Jong Kook knew it.

 “And this-“Kim Jong Kook pointed at Tao, who quickly blushed at the attention “nice looking man is?”

“Tao, my new assistant.” Sehun yawned, looking a tad bit bored – he hoped he did any way. He hadn’t even asked Tao out, in fact he didn’t even know if he liked guys, he couldn’t have his uncle scaring Tao away before he got anywhere with him. It was a relief then when Tao didn’t contest the statement, seeming not to care how Sehun explained his position.

“Nice to meet you sir.” Tao bowed as much as he could in his sitting position.

“Such a polite young man! Nice to meet you too.” Jong Kook nodded approvingly at Tao, making Minseok feel very nervous that his reaction towards Luhan was the opposite. The car ride could not end soon enough.

***

Sehun was pretty sure this was one of the worst days of his career. Not that his career had many bad days, but still. He had landed on his home turf only to be interrogated by his uncle and then told he had to go straight to work. And at work he sat, Tao next to him looking bewildered at the office environment.

“Tao, let’s go.” Sehun had scanned into his office, his computer, made sure he had no pressing work, and decided it was time to fly.

“What do you do here?” Tao asked, ignoring Sehun’s statement.

“Nothing….they don’t really give me much to do. Now let’s go.” Sehun stood up, ready to drag his sad tired body out of the concrete prison.

“Your uncle said you should work.” Tao stood up and put his hands on Sehun’s shoulders. The move shocked Sehun who was not expecting his rural friend to be so bold. ”You should respect what he says. Come on Sehun, I need to know about what I am going to do after all.”

Sehun considered his options. He could try to push Tao down, run for the door and freedom. But that would leave an angry Tao in the office. So that left reasoning with him.

“I have worked here a while, I know when it is okay to leave.” Sehun tried to pull the been-there-done-that card. But it didn’t work.

“Sehun, I really think you should put in a full day’s work. You are a manager, right? What will your people think?”

Sehun didn’t have the courage to tell Tao “his people” were not really his – they had a capable assistant manager that ran the place. Sehun was nothing more than a figurehead of the simplest, easiest to run department at Monday Enterprises. His hyungs had made sure of it – they knew he hated business and he would not lift a hand if he had his way. So they let him in, but only pretended to let him in on the business in practice. That was probably why his winning this contest would be the worst scenario his hyungs could think of, he was the one who contributed the least to the company’s success.

“Tao, I want to go.”

“Sehun, I do too, but we need to work. Fish don’t catch themselves applies here too.”

Sehun cursed internally. A fish metaphor? He slumped down behind his desk, in frustration. Why, of all guys on a tiny island without internet access, did he find the one that had a super solid mega work ethic to enforce? Aish.

***

“So I am a friend?” Luhan spat out the last word, clearly pissed.

“I haven’t even introduced you to my parents! I couldn’t tell my uncle first!” Minseok lied. Why was he becoming rather good at it?

Luhan crossed his arms, huffing angrily “Right. Sure. Well how about my parents? Huh? I was ready to admit it before you met them!”

“Lu, please.” Minseok reached out a hand, patting Luhan’s shoulders, trying to calm him down.

“Can I live with you?” Luhan turned his head towards the ceiling, asking a critical question at a critical time. The man knew how to bargain.

“What?!” Minseok was not ready for that. Oh no. He had thought Luhan would find a nice little apartment and they could date every day and in two months get married. Okay, so maybe Minseok was on an advanced course too. But he hadn’t even considered Luhan moving in with him the day they got back to Seoul.

“You don’t want me to live with you?” Luhan pouted.

Minseok panicked. There was no other way to really describe it. “I..yes, you can live with me.”

Luhan was all sunshine and rainbows at Minseok’s words. In fact he was so sunshine and rainbows he decided it was time for a hug, easily scooping Minseok off his feet.

Minseok tried to protest the embrace but it was too late. He found himself smiling at it actually, but he tried to hide it.

“Where do I live baozi?” Luhan asked.

“I will give you the address. Btu the place is a mess…”

“That’s okay, I am used to messes.” Luhan’s words had Minseok feeling a bit panicked. Luhan wasn’t a messy guy, was he? Because Minseok was not sure if he could deal with a roommate that didn’t know how to pick up after himself.

“Good then, I guess. I have to be here until late, I will see you later. I need to get to work.” Minseok didn’t know why saying that to someone made him feel happy inside. Maybe it was because he never had anyone to really say “see you later” to before, not after he had moved out from his parent’s house years ago. It felt good, too good.

“How about a goodbye kiss?” Luhan pushed Minseok away ever so slightly, his arms moving to Minseok’s waist. They were at the Monday Enterprises office, standing in Minseok’s office – which happened to have a wall of windows. It wasn’t like they were in a secluded spot. The hug had probably already been partially visible if any of the office staff had decided to walk down the hallway near Minseok’s office.

“Lu, not now.”

Luhan leaned close, whispering “At home then? Where we can be alone...you don’t know how much I want it here.”

Luhan’s whisper was a seductive breath against Minseok’s neck, teasing. Minseok shivered, physically shivered. Damn it.

“Do you know something?” Luhan asked, his voice in that husky place between a whisper and a low and seductive tone.

Minseok couldn’t help but mutter a weak “No?”

“If I could kiss you on your desk, if I could taste you, taste your neck, your chest, your-“

“Okay!” Minseok jumped back, his starting to get hard and his eyes growing wide.

A knock saved him. “Sir, the consultants are here.”

“Thank you Yixing.” Minseok answered, far too quickly – his voice was a bit shaky.

“Are you okay sir?”

“Yep, everything is fine.” Minseok pushed Luhan towards the door “Yixing will get you the address. I will see you later.”

Luhan didn’t argue. Nope. He had Minseok where he wanted him, he had Minseok reacting just the way he wanted. Because damn if he wouldn’t have that y man in his bed before too long. Well, Minseok’s bed. He didn’t technically have a bed of his own. He just had a raging libido and a deep need to see Minseok .

Oh, and he needed to find something to do in Seoul. Because he had two goals – help out a social cause and see Minseok . And he should probably keep those goals in that order. If he was smart any way. But that remained to be seen.

***

The Angel Café was the perfect place for a tired, wish you were anywhere-but-at-work lunch date. The usual crowd met up, all dragging their feet from the night before, their lack of sleep, and their one way trip from the airport to the office.

Kyungsoo, Suho, and Baekhyun looked just plain hung-over while Chanyeol and Jongdae seemed to be functioning at only a marginally better state. They were a mess.

“Glad to be back in the city at least.” Chanyeol loudly slurped down his soup, which earned him a few dirty looks from his table mates.

Suho took a bite of his croissant and pork sandwich, chewing it slowly. “You need to find us a matchmaker.” He was looking at Chanyeol when he spoke.

Jongdae’s ears felt like they were burning, a sense of dread overcoming him. Matchmaker?

“Yeah, the sooner the better.” Kyungsoo, who hated this stupid contest more than anything, knew for sure that on his own he would never find a spouse. He was too awkward when he tried to talk to someone, he was too nervous. If he was ever going to get anywhere in the marriage race he needed some professional help.

“Why do you guys want a matchmaker all of a sudden?” Baekhyun possessed more boldness than Jongdae (who was too afraid to really find out why, or more dreading an answer he did not want to face). But Baekhyun wanted to know, had to know, and was not afraid to ask.

“The contest.” Chanyeol answered without a second thought.

“Chanyeol!” Kyungsoo punched the loud mouthed executive assistant in the arm, causing Chanyeol to squirm in pain. Kyungsoo had a deadly punch for a little guy.

“Yah!”

“What contest might that be?” Baekhyun tried to seem slightly disinterested as he asked the question, spooning at his food.

“I might as well tell them- it isn’t like half the office doesn’t know already!” Chanyeol rubbed his arm, giving Kyungsoo an angry look, “Their parents said whoever gets married first will inherit the company and the fortune.”

Suho and Kyungsoo both looked down at their soup as Chanyeol explained. They were certainly brothers after all, embarrassed that the truth had been revealed to their friends.

“Wow…that is, um-“Baekhyun was trying to find the right words but Kyungsoo interjected.

“ed up.”

“Yah, kind of.” Baekhyun tried to be playful, even cracking a joke after the news. But inside he was feeling a lot different. Like he was about to lose something – something that was probably never his to begin with.

As the clock struck one Suho and Kyungsoo took a cab back to the office- they had a shareholder’s meeting. The remaining three dropped any kind of pretense they put up when the Kang Brothers were around- all due to personal reasons. Very personal reasons. Unrequited love like reasons.

“Why don’t you just tell Suho you like him?” Chanyeol was on his third bowl of soup and his slurping had only gotten louder.

Jongdae looked annoyed “You know I can’t do that – it wouldn’t work.”

“You are really going to let one stupid night from college stop you?” Chanyeol scolded. Baekhyun choked a bit on his drink with Chanyeol’s words, but quickly realized they were directed at Jongdae and not himself.

“Shut it yoda. I don’t see you out there professing true love confidently.” Jongdae replied.

Chanyeol blushed a little bit at the comment. “Hey, what do you expect? It isn’t going to happen.”

“I know the feeling.” Baekhyun muttered.

“Do you?” His friends asked, because damn if they had no idea what he really meant. Or who he meant any way.

“Figuratively. Now who wants a song before we leave?” Baekhyun proceeded to leap on his chair and belt out a trot song. Jongdae and Chanyeol were embarrassed, slightly – they had been through this before, many times. After a few seconds they even started clapping along, forgetting their relationship problems.

***

“Here are the files.” Lizzy cutely held out the large brown envelope. Ji Hyo took the offered package, thanking her maid.

“Oppa, come here.” Ji Hyo sat on the sofa, taking out the files carefully, “Jae Suk Oppa sent us the profiles.”

“Oh?” Gary asked, rubbing his hands together excitedly “This better be good.”

The couple leaned in as Ji Hyo opened the first folder, revealing a fact sheet and a rather awkward identification picture.

“What a cute little guy!” Ji Hyo squealed.

“Oh, fisherman?” Gary and Ji Hyo looked at each other and grinned ear to ear, “Sehun and a fisherman!”

Then they made a lot of incomprehensible noises that signaled how adorable they found the idea. After excitedly reading over the file they dropped it on the coffee table and took out the next folder.

“Cuuuute!” Ji Hyo was happy with this picture too. Then she saw the name, “Oppa!” She pointed at the name with alarm.

“Yeah?” Gary tried to figure out why the name mattered.

“Lu….think about it. Where have you heard that before?” Ji Hyo’s eyes were wide.

Gary stared ahead blankly. Then it was like a light bulb went off “Oh! Oooohhh! This is going to be interesting…”

Ji Hyo and Gary looked each other in the eyes once again, but instead of grinning ear to ear they looked surprised, pleasantly surprised. And maybe a bit scared.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: How are you? Good, bad, indifferent? Hugs none the less.

So this story has me a tad bit obsessed so I will probably be updating every few days at this point. I am having way too much fun writing this. I hope you like it. Love you for subbing, love you for voting, and love you for reading! Thanks and may the best get-married-in-a-hurry candidate that can pass Running Man judgment win (cough with a lot of stuff yet to come cough)!