Chapter 13

Marry Him If You Dare

Warning: Poorly written ahead. Turn back now if that isn't your thing :-)

It felt like a moment from a cheesy high school romance movie. The moment was a little short on lockers or popular kids, but the rest was still there.

Will you go to the gala with me?

Jongdae rolled his eyes, but folded and kept the note. He left a note of his own on Suho’s desk:

Yes, but only if you don’t make me dance

The next note, left on Jongdae’s desk with a bouquet of red roses read:

I hate groove, so no dancing. But I might kiss you. I can’t believe I just wrote that.

Jongdae didn’t respond after that because he wasn’t sure what to say. He didn’t want to discourage Suho but he didn’t want to seem too eager either. Since returning to Monday Enterprises Jongdae had re-acclimated himself rather well, enough so that he found himself staring off into space now and then thinking about what he put on hold. Or what he said had to be put on hold that is.

He had gone to lunch with Suho almost every day since returning to the office. They had dinner some nights. They worked closely together, since Suho was the head of the finance department and Jongdae was second in charge. On weekends they would hang out, go see a movie or just bum around town. They were probably already dating if anyone else was asked, but they had never made it official. In that there was no physical affection displayed – they hadn’t taken their relationship one step further (and Jongdae knew that was because of what he had requested from Suho).

The gala seemed like an excellent place to push things forward. A formal event, formal attire, and alcohol. Jongdae felt a fluttering in his stomach – yeah, too much like a high school romance movie. He kept Suho’s notes tucked into the top drawer of his desk, taking them out and reading them when he needed a pick me up.

***

Dinner at the Kang Penthouse was always a chaotic time, but a good time. When Gary and Ji Hyo decided to get the family together they always included the people that they considered family as well- the uncles, Chanyeol, and Yixing – which meant the long dining table was packed with twelve hungry men, one severely annoyed woman, and a very stressed Lizzy running to and fro from the kitchen.

“Does everyone have a date for the gala?” Ji Hyo asked the room, her words meant for her sons and the single uncles; of course Haha, Jae Suk, and Suk Jin would be attending with their wives. The table was buzzing with chatter, no one paid any attention to Ji Hyo’s question.

Ji Hyo asked again, raising her voice slightly. When everyone still ignored her she took the extreme route, standing up and screaming at the top of her lungs “Yah! I am asking you a question!”

“Sorry Mom.” Sehun mumbled, causing his brothers to shoot him annoyed looks. Sehun knew how to play the baby of the family card, he didn’t like to be in his Mother’s bad graces.

“Who are you taking to the gala?” Ji Hyo asked again. She needed to know the head count- and she just wanted to know. She strategically asked the question while Minseok was in the restroom, not wanting to upset her oldest son further.

“Jongdae” Suho smiled proudly.

“Baekhyun” Kyungsoo said quietly, afraid he would be subjected to teasing from the uncles.

“Is your brother going to be there Mrs. Kang?” Chanyeol asked, trying to act innocent.

“Why would you ask me that, Park Chanyeol?” Ji Hyo was far from stupid. Ever since Chanyeol was a teenager he had clung to Song Joong Ki, Ji Hyo’s younger brother, whenever he was around. Ji Hyo knew the boy had a crush on him, Joong Ki knew it too – but wasn’t willing to pursue any kind of relationship with the younger man. Joong Ki had gone into the military a couple of years back, he had been discharged a few weeks ago. He wouldn’t be at the gala, so the answer was a no.

“No reason, just thought maybe he would be there. I am going with Yixing.” Chanyeol’s feigned innocence was not convincing at all. Yixing smiled and nodded “Yeah, thought we might as well go together.”

“Sehun?” Ji Hyo turned to her youngest “Are you going with anyone?”

“Maybe he will take his stalking victim.” Chanyeol blurted out.

“Tao, I think I am going with Tao.” Sehun said loudly, cutting off his stupid friend and his talk of stalking. Of course Sehun hadn’t asked Tao, but he had been getting somewhere. They texted a lot and they had even gone out for coffee once.

“I am going alone.” Minseok answered curtly, having returned to the table far too soon. Ji Hyo mentally kicked herself.

A few days before Ji Hyo and Gary had informed Minseok that Luhan would be there (they had sent him a singular invitation, deciding against inviting his Mother or Father- if they had happened to be in town), which had made him dread attending. He understood why they had extended the invite, still he felt like it would be best to avoid seeing Luhan during the event. He hadn’t talked to or had a chance to run into Luhan since the elevator incident, and he wasn’t too sure he was ready to face him again so soon.

“Solo,” Kwang Soo answered, pointing to Jong Kook and himself. “Kookie can’t get a date because he is too bossy and I am too y for anyone to date.”

“Yah!” Jong Kook looked ready to leap across the table and slap the smile off of Kwang Soo’s face.

Ji Hyo sighed. It was hard to be in the middle of such childish men sometimes.

***

The day of the gala was rainy, foggy, miserable and depressing looking. Minseok’s mood matched the weather. It was a Saturday, the charity event would commence at 7 o’clock sharp (Gary and Ji Hyo had already threatened their brood that 7 meant 7- if they were late there would be hell to pay). Minseok spent the morning sipping cup after cup of coffee, mulling about his apartment. In the afternoon he dragged out his tux, ping the bag he tried to remember the last time he wore the thing.

Yixing called him around 3, panicked because he couldn’t remember where he put his bowtie. Minseok had to remind him to look in his bathroom cupboard since that was the last place Minseok remembered seeing the thing (and not bothering to question the often forgetful secretary why he stored formal wear in a bathroom cupboard). Yixing thanked him and hung up.

A half an hour later Suho texted him, asking if buying flowers for Jongdae yet again was too much. Minseok texted back a “No, just do it” before throwing his cell phone onto his bed. He went to the kitchen and made a snack. Somehow he ended up in his second bedroom.

It was probably some kind of deep seated mental issue, he considered. Something had to have driven the always neat and tidy, bordering on OCD Minseok from cleaning this room top to bottom. The blankets on the bed were a mess, it hadn’t been made in three years. A pair of animal ears, deer antlers to be exact, still sat on top of the dresser. There was facial lotion, a few pamphlets for charities, and a soccer ball sitting on the floor near the closet. The room had remained untouched since the day Luhan had left in a hurry, taking his suitcase and only a few of his things with him.

Minseok reached out, the dark blue t-shirt that was thrown over the desk. It was soft, it still smelled like Luhan.

After a few minutes Minseok drifted back to his kitchen, washing the plate he had used for his snack thoroughly. He wiped down the countertops, swept the floors. Glancing at the clock he groaned. It was time to get ready, it was time to avoid Luhan.

***

The event was held at a five star hotel in the heart of Seoul. As one of the social events of the season the outside of the hotel became a mini red carpet, complete with society photographers. It was a place to see and be seen and the attendees knew it.  Flashing smiles, wearing their most understated luxury items (this was a charity event after all), the cities wealthy citizens arrived slowly. 

Minseok stopped and smiled for the cameras, posing before he went into the hotel. The first person he spotted was Kyungsoo, who was alone.

“Where is Baekhyun?” Minseok asked, taking a glass of champagne from the passing waiter.

“He is coming with his Dad.” Kyungsoo looked a bit sad “He is my unofficial date.”

“Ahh, got it.” Minseok was well aware of the fact Baekhyun was not officially out, showing up with Kyungsoo might lead to some questions from his parents.

“That makes me sick.” Kyungsoo gestured towards the entrance. Minseok turned to see Suho and Jongdae entering the room, holding hands and looking sickeningly sweet.

“I think it is cute.” Minseok smiled. “Now that – that makes me sick.”

Sehun and Tao walked in next. They weren’t holding hands but they were taking turns checking each other out in the most unsubtle way possible.

“Agreed”

Minseok chatted with his brother for a few minutes before leaving to find his parents. The place was filling up quickly, the pre-dinner champagne hour finding everyone standing about the place, chatting. He was happy he hadn’t spotted Luhan, maybe the Chinese boy wouldn’t show.

Minseok found his parents greeting guests. He waited his turn in line, used to such a crowded atmosphere – it was the same every year. When he got to his Mom and Dad they cooed and patted his head (much to his embarrassment) before telling him to run along and make sure his Uncles were having a good time.

Minseok didn’t really feel like spending time being teased by a bunch of overgrown children so he ducked towards the bar instead. He found a seat in the corner, where he could observe the large venue without being easy to spot – if he saw Luhan he needed a getaway plan. The hour ticked by without issue, he talked to a few of his co-workers at Monday Enterprises as well as a few family friends that approached him.

As the time for dinner seating neared, Minseok left the room to find the bathroom, the two glasses of champagne he drank had made it an urgent matter. Turning the corner to the bathroom he nearly collided with someone. Someone very tall.

“Sorry!” Minseok steadied himself, reaching out to make sure the other man was okay. He had to crane his neck slightly upward to make eye contact, the man was so much taller than him.

“That’s okay.” He had a deep voice. Tall and blonde, Minseok thought he must be some sort of model.

“Well if it isn’t one of the Kang boys.”

Minseok turned to look at the person who had just spoken, the voice eerily familiar. It was Luhan’s Mom, standing slightly behind the giant. Minseok colored, not sure what to do next. He was certain his parents had not invited the woman, only Luhan. What was she doing here?

“Kris, this is Kang Minseok. Minseok, this is Luhan’s fiancée Kris.” Mrs. Lu had a smug look on her face.

All that Minseok could hear was the word fiancée. Luhan was engaged?

“Excuse me.” Minseok dashed past them, not sure if Luhan was standing there or not. When he reached the restroom he threw up.

***

Baekhyun followed his Father into the hotel like a good little puppy. Or so his Mother liked to say – he looked like an adorable little pet when he was with his parents. So well behaved, so filial. He spotted Kyungsoo near the bar area and excused himself. It wasn’t suspicious at all, because his Father knew they were close friends. “Just behave yourself” He had said as his son rushed off.

“I thought you were ditching.” Kyungsoo grabbed Baekhyun’s arm, squeezing it tightly.

“You look hot when you are angry.” Baekhyun leaned forward and whispered.

“I hate you.” Kyungsoo grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and dragged him towards the exit. Glancing at his phone Kyungsoo knew they had some time before dinner – enough time to kiss that smug look off Baekhyun’s face any way.

***

Jongdae felt Suho’s hand on his knee. And he liked it.

“So who is that?” Jongdae asked, nodding towards an older couple that were dressed in some of the tackiest clothes that Jongdae had ever seen.

“They own a ski resort.” Suho replied, squeezing his date’s leg. “Is this okay?”

“Hmmm.” Jongdae smiled “Yeah, I like it.”

Suho blushed, because he had other ideas rushing through his head once he heard Jongdae was okay with the skinship.

***

Sehun and Tao were eating o’dourves and chatting when they were rudely interrupted. Or at least Sehun thought they were rudely interrupted.

“Tao, is that you?” An older gentleman approached the pair, his face alight with surprise.

“Teacher!” Tao busted out an award winning smile – Sehun felt a tad bit jealous.

Sehun was still polite, bowing in greeting. He didn’t recognize the man, odd considering he knew most of the people attending the gala.

“Sehun this is my friend, Lee Soo Man.” Tao looked extremely happy to see the man “He is the one that sponsored my first fashion line, he is the only reason I was able to get my designs off the ground.”

“You are too modest.” Soo Man patted Tao on the back “You are so talented you would have done it yourself, I just had the privilege to lend you some money.”

Sehun did not like Soo-what’s-his-name. Was he starting to become some freak? First the stalking, now the hatred of random old men-

“Thank you, it was good to see you sir.” Tao bowed as the older man walked away, being interrupted by a woman dropping by to say hello.

“Was that your old boyfriend?” Sehun asked, not considering how petty the question was until it was too late.

“No!” Tao looked offended.

“Sorry.”

“Are you jealous?” Tao grinned, “Because you look jealous.”

“No! Me, no. Never.” Sehun wasn’t sure if knocking down the nearest table to create a distraction, masking his getaway, was a viable option. He decided against it.

“Sehun” Tao leaned close “Do you like me?”

Sehun swallowed hard “Do you?”

Tao smiled, not giving an answer, then turned to survey the crowd like nothing had happened. Sehun tried to ignore the thought that bubbled up in his mind – that he was powerless in the face of his newest obsession. That three years ago the tables had been turned. Because now Tao held all the power. And god damn that was hot.

***

Minseok texted Chanyeol, asking him to tell his parents that he wasn’t feeling well and went home. Chanyeol sent back an “A-OK chief, feel better”. It wasn’t a long ride back to his apartment but it felt like it. He could hear the words over and over “Luhan’s fiancée”.

He had been stupid to assume Luhan was single. Or maybe it wasn’t stupid – Luhan had kissed him back after all. If he was engaged he had no business kissing Minseok, hugging Minseok. Or maybe it was all Minseok’s fault. He was the one that had kissed Luhan in the hotel hallway, he was the one who had moved to hug him in the elevator.

The thoughts plagued him as he took the elevator up to his apartment. He punched in the code as the tears began to fall. Kicking off his dress shoes he flicked on the hall light, walking towards his bedroom slowly. What he needed now was to bury his head under his comforter and cry. What he got instead was a person stepping out from the living room.

Minseok screamed. It was a burglar, he knew it. Darting back towards the door he stumbled as the person caught up with him, tumbling with him to the ground. As he began to fight back, he found his arms pinned to the ground, a pair of soft brown eyes staring down at him.

“Luhan?” Minseok whispered. It was the man himself, and he wasn’t dressed in a tuxedo. Did he even attend the event? “What are you doing here?!”

“I…I miss you.” Luhan whispered after a few moments of heavy silence, not bothering to move off of Minseok.

“I met your fiancée.” Minseok turned his head away, practically spitting the words. So Luhan broke into his apartment (well, probably used the pass code, it hadn’t changed since he lived there) while his fiancée and Mother attended the gala? Nice.

“My..what?” Luhan asked slowly.

“Your Mother and some Kris guy.” Minseok kept his head turned away, not wanting to look at Luhan. It was bad enough he could feel Luhan pressed against him with every fiber of his being. It was bad enough Luhan caught him crying.

Luhan scoffed, sitting up. Minseok felt the loss of contact acutely, even if he was pissed at the moment. “That is not my fiancée. That is the person my Mom wants me to marry. And she used my invitation?!”

“So you are not engaged?” Minseok asked quietly.

“No…” Luhan looked down at Minseok, “Does that make you happy?”

“No.”

“Don’t lie to me.”

“Why are you here Luhan? I thought you hated me.”

“I…shouldn’t be here, should I?” Luhan looked sad, so indescribably sad. It mirrored Minseok’s feelings – a black hole of sorrow that they had both created.

“No, you shouldn’t” Minseok agreed. “You should go.”

Luhan nodded but didn’t bother standing up. “You never changed the room…”

Minseok didn’t answer because anything he said would just make it worse.

“You know, we were both wrong baozi.” Minseok tensed at hearing the old nickname “I realized that after we were stuck in that god-awful elevator.” Luhan inched closer, Minseok inched backwards until he was lying on the floor again, Luhan hovering over him.

Minseok could feel Luhan’s hot breath on his tear stained cheeks. He could feel Luhan shift his weight, his thighs bearing down on Minseok’s legs. It was completely accidental that Minseok let out a soft moan, because after he did so he wanted to punch himself in the face. He never had a chance, Luhan bridged the gap between them in a second, claiming his lips.

The kiss started off chaste, their lips pressed together as Luhan leaned closer, their torsos touching as Luhan leaned on his elbows. Minseok was the first to deepen the kiss, nibbling on Luhan’s bottom lip until he yielded, opening his mouth with a moan and beginning to tongue into Minseok’s.

Minseok moved his hands to Luhan’s waist, raising his head slightly, desiring closer contact. He didn’t have to wait long for Luhan’s hands to find his waist, pulling him up. Luhan was surprisingly strong, lifting Minseok rather effortlessly as he leaned back on his heels, pulling the smaller man onto his lap.

Every rational part of Minseok’s brain told him to stop, to kick Luhan out, to go to bed and cry. But the rational part of his brain was no match for the feeling that this was right, this was where he was supposed to be. This was what he wanted.

Luhan’s lips moved to Minseok’s cheeks, then his chin, then his neck, trailing soft and les. Minseok threw his head back, relishing the way Luhan’s lips ignited something inside of him.

“You are so beautiful.” Luhan groaned, his hands moving from Minseok’s waist to his , cupping and pulling him closer.

Minseok didn’t respond with words. He moved his hips downward, the friction causing Luhan to moan. It was a swift movement that had Luhan grabbing Minseok, standing up with the older man straddling him. Before Minseok could protest, more than a little squeal of surprise that is, Luhan was kissing him, walking towards the bedroom.

He could have protested, could have told him to stop. But Minseok didn’t. He let himself be carried, he let Luhan lay him down on the bed softly.

Luhan stared down, drinking in Minseok’s swollen lips, flushed face, messy hair.

“Stop looking at me like that.” Minseok whispered, feeling very self-conscious all of a sudden.

“I have wanted t- dreamed about looking at you for three years, give me a chance.” Luhan answered, “But somehow in my imagination you never had so many clothes on.”

Minseok blushed, Luhan moved. Minseok’s tuxedo jacket was the first to go, then his tie. Minseok moved too, pushing Luhan’s shirt up until the man moved, helping it off. Luhan trailed kisses down Minseok’s neck, ing Minseok’s dress shirt he begin to administer to his chest, stopping to one of Minseok’s s. When Luhan reached his waist, Minseok bucked up, his mind gone in a haze of desire.

Everything was hazier once Luhan’s hand began palming, rubbing at the throbbing bulge in Minseok’s pants.

“Can I?” Luhan asked, already moving to divest Minseok of his pants.

“Mmm.” Minseok couldn’t say no, wouldn’t say no. He would be lying if he claimed he hadn’t thought about Luhan him off more than a few times over the years.

Luhan ed Minseok’s pants, pulling them down until Minseok’s sprung free. Luhan cupped Minseok’s balls, then trailed a finger up his length, caressing his head.

Minseok looked down, the sight of Luhan’s big eyes staring up at him hard to take. He bucked upwards into Luhan’s hand, wanting more. Needing more. Luhan obliged, taking Minseok’s length in his mouth. It was hot, seeing Luhan’s pretty pink lips engulfing him. Then Luhan began to move and Minseok lost it. He threw his head back, grasping at the sheets. Luhan bobbed his head, slowly, before his pace quickened. Minseok gasped. It had been years – long before he met Luhan – since he had been in bed with a man. He was about to come then and there.

Sensing Minseok’s building , Luhan stopped , letting Minseok go with a pop. Minseok moaned at the loss of contact, whining as he looked up.

“Not yet.” Luhan’s face was flush, desire coloring his eyes “Not until I am in you.” Minseok moaned, the words too strong, too possessive to do anything but turn him on more.

It was quick – Luhan took off his pants and grabbed something from one of the dresser drawers. Minseok looked up, wondering what in the hell Luhan had stashed in the dresser so many years ago.

“I bought it back then, I was hoping we would need it.” Luhan uncapped the small bottle of lube, squirting it onto his fingers. Minseok knew what was coming next. Luhan sat back down, pushing Minseok’s legs apart “Is this okay?”

“Please, just do it.” Minseok whined. He had never thought with Luhan would turn him into such a whiny, needy creature.

It was one finger first, caressing his rim as his knees were pushed up towards his chest, opening him wider. Luhan was being careful, testing, as he sunk one finger in. Minseok tensed, a slight pain. Trying to keep Luhan going he moved forward, rocking his hips. Luhan tried another finger, setting a slow rhythm. Minseok met the s of Luhan’s fingers, wanting it.

Worried that Minseok would come at the contact Luhan pulled his fingers away. He squirted some of the lube on his own , hard and throbbing as he watched Minseok unravel at his touch. “Are you ready?” Luhan whispered, caressing Minseok’s cheek.

Minseok nodded. Luhan was gentle, positioning himself at Minseok’s opening. It felt good, too good, Minseok thought, urging himself forward. Luhan obliged, pushing in. He waited until he was seated, waited for Minseok to adjust.

“Move” Minseok gasped, Luhan filling him “I am not going to break damnit.”

That was all Luhan needed to start pumping. He tried to go slow, but a writhing Minseok falling apart under him was too much. He grabbed Minseok’s legs for leverage, pushing him open wider he began to harder. When he hit Minseok’s prostate the other cried out “There. right there.”

Luhan could feel his own approaching. Minseok reached for his length, but Luhan swatted his hand away “I want you to come from my alone.” He pumped harder, his grasp on Minseok’s hips tightened.

That was all that Minseok needed. One, two, three more s directly to his prostate and he was seeing stars, coming all over his chest, onto Luhan. It was a few more hard and fast s before Luhan came, releasing his seed into Minseok, Minseok clinching around him through his own far too much for him to handle.

Shaking, Luhan collapsed onto Minseok, holding him as they got through their shared . Luhan pulled out finally, Minseok whining.

“You are so needy.” Luhan laughed, reaching down to wipe Minseok off with one of the sheets. He kicked it aside and pulled his lover into his arms.

“Shut up Luhan.” Minseok buried his head in Luhan’s shoulder. They were both panting, sweaty, disgusting to be honest.

Neither man said anything else. They held each other, giving each other soft pecks of adoration now and then, until they fell asleep in each other’s arms.

----------------

a/n- Some poorly written for y’all. So Xiuhan got it on, Sehun is a stalker, Jongdae and Suho are indulging in a disgustingly sweet romance, and Baeksoo just wants to hate-make-out but not make it public. Kris showed up (whhaaaaaat?!), Yixing has a story to be told (stay tuned) and Chanyeol wants some Song Joong Ki action (who doesn’t). I hope you have enjoyed the progress so far – because I am having too much fun writing this.

Thank you for subbing, extra thanks for up voting! If you are ever bored you can check me out on tumblr (I am Admin L. An amazingly talented fellow fan fiction writer ShiningRose is Admin R- read her fics because they are awesome!). If you are super bored you could always watch the pathetically made trailer for this fic (that I created because I apparently have nothing to do in my free time haha). Lots of love-London_Calling <3