Chapter 2

All for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

“What?!” both Ryosuke and Chinen exclaimed.

 

“She has amnesia and we can’t even find anything, not even any ID that would tell us who she is and where she’s living… So the moment she'll be discharged, we might place her in care of the social workers or...”

 

'Amnesia?! Heck. Poor Girl... But we can't do anything for her...' Ryosuke thought as he stared at his bestfriend who looked as if he was thinking hard. Then after a minute or so Chinen looked at the doctor intently and said,

 

"But it wouldn't help her in any way, would it? If she'll stay in a cooped up place like that, it's impossible for her memories to return..."

 

"Well, it's possible that that would slow her recovery but that's---"

 

"Then is it possible if we take her home and help her with her condition?"

 

Ryosuke was taken aback with what Chinen said, his mouth dropped open but it took moments before he could finally speak up.

 

"Wait... What?! Chinen, do you know what you're saying?! We don't know her!"

 

"Yes, he's right. You don't know her and it's not right for you kids to get involved... We'll be cooperating with the police department to help this girl find her family. So..."

 

"My father is the chief of police, doctor. I bet he could help... And it'll be better because I think you're keen enough to think that her life might be in some kind of danger. If she's with us, we won't just help her regain her memory but we can also give her protection."

 

Ryosuke was just staring in awe at his bestfriend who was like being possessed by a lawyer in court. But he wasn't really amazed on where the conversation is going... He didn't like to think that they might take responsibility for a girl they just found.

 

"Well, you're very smart kid." Chinen smiled at the doctor's remark, he does love being complimented. "If we can talk with your father as well as fix the necessary papers and talk about the plan of action, then you might just be able to take her in your care."

 

Chinen beamed then he looked at Ryosuke, but his smile quickly fades when he saw Yamada just staring at him in disbelief.

 

It was crazy, Ryosuke was really shocked by the mere thought that the girl has no memories of anything at all and that they need to take care of her because of Chinen's crazy logic.

 

“Uhmmn... I'll... Well, we'll just check up on her first, alright doctor?” Chinen said as he walked towards the room pulling Ryosuke in with him.

 

 

 

*************************************************************

 

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

It was already about five minutes since they entered the room yet not even one of them tried to end the silence that was slowly eating them up.

 

Both of the guys were just staring at the girl who was sitting at the hospital bed. She was also looking at them with those round eyes that looked so innocent yet so deep and mysterious. She didn’t utter a word and so did they. When the girl sighed, both of them also breathed in so hard like they were gasping for air.

 

It was Chinen who got over the shock first.

 

“She’s mesmerizing…” Chinen said as he slowly took the steps to get near her bed.

 

“Hey…” Chinen looked back at Ryosuke who was still standing there by the doorway.

 

“What?”

 

“You might scare her!” Ryosuke said lowly as he too started following Chinen’s lead. Chinen had to stifle a laugh, his bestfriend looked so worried that it was already too much to take.

 

“You’re worried.” He whispered

 

“No, I’m not…” Ryosuke whispered back though he wasn’t able to give justice to his words, for when he was already standing at the girl’s bedside he paled and seemed to stop breathing.

 

She was looking at him and he felt useless at that moment. Her eyes had so many questions yet he can’t give out any answers. He didn’t like her, he didn’t like her effect on him, and he didn’t like the thought of taking care of her when he can’t even take care of himself.

 

“Etou… Anou…” Chinen started but when the girl shifted her stare from Ryosuke to him, he ended up just smiling and scratching his head.

 

“Do I know you?”

 

Ryosuke and Chinen had to look at each other the moment they heard the girl talk, her voice sounded so sweet yet it has this authoritative aura on it as well.

 

“Ahh… Well, you see—“

 

“You don’t. And we don’t know you as well but unfortunately, we’re the ones who found you. And if it gets even more unfortunate then you’ll be stuck with us until you get your memories back. I know you don’t like anything that’s happening, well guess what? The feeling is mutual. I don’t like this any more than you do. So for now the best that you could do is quit with the questions and just do as what you’re told. Understand?” Ryosuke said, cutting off what Chinen was about to say.

 

“Yama-chan! You—!“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter