008

Stupid Me

"Are you really going to go this far to make them jealous?" I asked him.
"You started it," he shrugged. "I'm just playing along."

Point.

"I never asked you to do this, you know,"
"I wanted to. I didn't want you to he alone. I mean, why not? It'll be amusing to watch them if they really do get jealous,"

I laughed quietly.

"And you said you weren't going to help me,"
"I never said that," he said defensively.
"You implied it," I shrugged. "No need to get all defensive, leader. I know what you're trying to do,"
"What exactly am I trying to do?" he raised his eyebrows.
"You're just acting like you're not going to do it, but then you actually will do it,"

He laughed loudly, knocking on my forehead lightly.

"You've really changed, Jung Yura,"
"In what way?"
"In a really good way. You're more confident now, more... I don't know. I can't really explain it, but I like it. I like this new you."

I smiled sweetly.

"Should we go to Yerin and Yugyeom over there?" I pointed towards the distance.
"Call!" his hand made its way to mine, lacing our fingers together.

Of course, we had to get our act together.

"Yerin-ie!" I called, dragging him over to them. I completely ignored Yugyeom, though I knew he was glaring at me.
"Yura," she smiled brightly. "I missed you," she pouted. "You were ignoring mine and Jimin's calls,"
"Sorry about that," I apologized. "I was a bit busy,"
"That's fine. Just never ever ignore our calls again. If you do, I'll tear your hair out and I'm serious about that,"

I laughed. This is what I loved about Yerin. She was so lovable and yet so freakishly violent at the same time.

And Kim Yugyeom, stop staring at me, will you? If you're trying to make me guilty, it's not working.

"You're dating?" Yerin asked, looking down at our intertwined hands.
"Sort of," I said slowly, winking at Jaebum. "Not official yet, though, but we've gone out."

Judging by how Yugyeom told Yerin he had something to do at the library, he was probably already annoyed with me. Not exactly what I was planning, but it still worked, didn't it?

"Sorry about Gyeom, he's a bit sensitive these days..." Yerin said to us slowly.
"It's fine," I said.
"You guys never made up. Why?"

Why? Because he's a jerk. That's it.

"He's a jerk, Yerin,"
"He's still your best friend,"

I let out a deep breath.

"Don't worry. I'm not sad over Yugyeom anymore. I got over it."

Yeah, right.

"Im Jaebum, what did you do to her?" she turned to JB.
"Nothing," he shook his head. When she didn't believe him, he repeated it. "Really. I didn't do anything,"
"Then why... Yura always cares about Yugyeom! What happened to her?"
"Why don't you ask BamBam about it? Or Yugyeom himself?"
"He doesn't tell me anything anymore when I ask him about it. He always changes the subject, or tells me not to care about what's not my business," she said sadly, her head lowered.

I'm sorry, Yerin. We'll all change sooner or later. I have no idea why Yugyeom changed, though.


***


"Double... Date?" JB asked slowly.
"Umm... No thanks," I shook my head.

It would be weird. Seriously. We're not even a couple. How can we go out on a double date with the people who got us acting like one?

Umm... BamBam, maybe you forgot the fact that I fell in love with you.

"Are you sure?" BamBam asked. "It'll be fun,"
"Yeah, we're sure," Jaebum nodded. "We're fine."
"Okay, then," Jungeun smiled, taking BamBam's hand. "See you," she waved at us before they left.

I looked at Jaebum.

"Definitely not going on a double date with them?" he asked.
"Definitely not," I nodded. "It would just be awkward,"
"Agreed,"

I laughed and he put his arm around me. He touched a strand of my hair, playing with it.

"Your hair's growing longer. Aren't you going to cut it?"

I shook my head.

"I have no plans," I told him. He chuckled.
"You'd look better with short hair,"
"How would you know that?"
"I have a feeling,"
"And you'd look great with a blonde wig," I said sarcastically.

He laughed.

"No, I don't. I know I don't because I already tried it. But really, I want to see you with short hair,"
"What about dyed hair instead?"
"Possible," he shrugged. "But I'd rather see you with short hair,"

I made a face at him.

"Never gonna happen,"
"What about make up?"
"In your dreams,"
"Yah!" he poked my side, tickling me. I jumped up, moving away from him.
"What?" I yelled as he ran after me.

The bad part was that we're only in their dorm. There's not much space to run around. So eventually, he caught me and kept on tickling me.

"Yah!" I laughed. "Stop!" I pushed him off of me so that he rolled on the floor on his back.
"Wow, you're strong,"

I smiled innocently.

"I don't look like it, right?"
"Not at all," he shook my head, smiling.

We sat there in silence. I don't know why we were suddenly silent now. We were so loud just a second ago.

"Yura,"
"Hm?"

My eyes widened when he suddenly leaned in. I thought he would kiss me. Our lips were only an inch apart. I had already closed my eyes when he laughed. I opened my eyes to see him laughing so much.

"Yah!" I hit him, a blush creeping on my cheeks.
"You might seem confident out there, but when it's just the two of us alone, you're still the same nice, sweet and innocent Jung Yura that I know. That'll never change, then?" he beamed.


***


This is one of the few times I saw them practice. Practice with all seven of them there, I mean. Yerin, Jimin and Jungeun are also here.

Yugyeom brought Yerin, who apparently dragged Jimin with her. And BamBam, of course, brought Jungeun. Since JB said he didn't care if they brought friends (or girlfriends, in BamBam's case) to practice that day.

It made me laugh to watch them practice. JB was really concentrating hard for some weird reason, and since the song was a fresh, upbeat one, they acted like it was a performance for their I GOT7. With the flirting and all that.

Then he called for a five minute break.

"Nice!" I gave him a high five, laughing. "You were really working hard!"
"Of course I did! I always do at practice!" he smiled, sitting down on the floor next to him.
"You were working hard in flirting, not dancing!"

His lips formed a pout.

"Why pout? It was cute, to be honest," I shrugged.
"You're not lying, are you?" It was obvious he didn't believe me.

I laughed.

"I'm not lying. I thought it was cute."
"Thank you,"

He gave me a kiss on my cheek, surprising me. And it looked like the others were too. They were immediately quiet.

"Why? What's wrong with me kissing her? She's my girlfriend," Jaebum looked around. Then they all went back to what they were doing.
"This is a first," I said.
"What's a first?"
"You called me your girlfriend. Wanted someone to hear that?" I asked, smiling mischievously.
"I know you wanted him to hear that, too,"
"I never told you to say that," I shrugged. "Don't drag me into this,"

He laughed and patted my head. His hand held a few strands of my hair.

"Are you sure-"
"No, I am not cutting my hair,"

He sighed.

"Fine," he gave up. "You win,"
"Love you~" I winked at him, causing a few people to be silent. I didn't check to see who it was, though. I already had a pretty good idea of who it was.
"Now who's starting it now?" he leaned in and whispered in my ear.
"Shut up," I pushed him away.

He laughed and put his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. So he could whisper in my ear easily.

"Your target's not affected by it, though someone else is,"
"I know," I smirked.
"You're not disappointed?"
"Why should I?" I shrugged. "My ex best friend has no reason to be jealous by all of this, anyway. He's definitely not my target,"

Yes, I'm using that term now. Ex best friend. It was the truth anyway. Kim Yugyeom is now my ex best friend.

_________________________________________________________________


Hi!! Sorry I couldn't update this earlier :( I didn't have much ideas yet so I only posted this now. How was it, though? Any comments?? XD