010

Stupid Me

"What happened to you?" I asked, touching the corner of his lip lightly.
"Ah! That hurts!" he complained. "I got in a fight with... With someone,"
"With who?"

He didn't answer anymore.

"Does it hurt a lot?"
"Isn't that already obvious?"

I made a face at him.

"I'm just asking,"
"Then don't ask,"
"Sheesh, why so moody, Jaebongie?"
"I'm just not in a good mood this week,"
"Because of that?" I pointed at his bruise.

He shook his head.

"Because of something else... I mean... I don't know either..."
"Do you want to be alone?"
"No. Just stay with me."

It's strange how just the last time we met he was this bright, happy person but now he's all sad and moody.

Why?

"I don't love you, Yura," he suddenly said. "Just to clear things up. I don't love you. You're my friend and I like this new you, but no, I don't love you. I love you in a friendly way and that's it."

I know that. He doesn't need to tell me.

"I know," I nodded. "We're friends and that's all. We might be acting like we're dating but how we feel is the exact opposite of how we act. Especially that..."
"That's why I have this bruise right now," he spoke bitterly. "What we did..."
"Yugyeom hit you?"
"You got it," he sighed.

I bit my lip.

"That guy's seriously..."
"Don't worry about it. Forget I said anything,"

I let out a sigh and put my hand on his face, gently rubbing the corner of his lip, where his cut was.

"Yura, that hurts!" he winced. "Stop!"
"Sorry," I said, not really meaning it. "But he ruined your beautiful face..."
"I'm not sure if that was a compliment or an insult,"
"It depends on how you look at it,"

He stared at me and my hand fell down to my side once his eyes met mine and the end of his mouth raised in a smirk.

"You okay? You've been staring at me for what? A minute already?"

Curse him.

"Shut it, Im Jaebum," I muttered under my breath. He laughed and his hand finds its way to mine, his fingers winding around my own as he held my hand tightly.
"Do you think you still love BamBam? When you're staring at me like this?"
"I moved on," I shrugged. "Thanks to you,"
"And Yugyeom?"
"Doubt it,"

He laughed again.

Oh god, I think I'm falling for his laugh...

"And you? Still like her?"
"I don't know. Maybe I do, maybe I don't,"
"Eyy..."

He smiled at me.

"Hey,"
"What?"
"We're leaving for Taiwan next week."
"Oh... Really?"

He nodded.

"Will you be fine?"
"Of course I will."
"You can be with Yerin and Jimin, right? And... And Jungeun, too... You guys are friends, aren't you?"
"I guess..."
"Yah,"

He poked my cheek with his other hand.

"You don't seem happy..."
"I'm not,"
"Smile, then,"

I showed him a fake smile.

"I am not amused,"

I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah... You should go back to your house. It's getting late," he stood up and held out a hand.
"No." I whined. "I don't want to go home yet,"
"Kid," he mumbled before kneeling down with his back facing me. "Get on. I'll carry you,"
"No thank you,"

And I am not moving.


***


He sat on my bed, turning to face me.

"Yura,"
"What?"
"Honestly, I'm going to miss you."
"Okay."
"Will you miss me?"
"Depends,"

He leaned down so that our eyes met. I was lying down, you see.

"Make sure you don't tell anyone about this. You got that? I mean, once I leave, you might run off with other guys and tell them about our game,"
"I won't."
"Promise?"
"Promise."
"Seal it."
"What?"
"Seal our promise."
"How?"
"Cross your heart,"

I couldn't believe him.

"Seriously?"
"Unless you'd rather kiss me,"

I sighed and reached up, pecking his lips once.

"Sealed."

I had gotten quite used to all the skinship and stuff by now. It had been a while since we started this game so I'm used to it now...

"Be an actress, Yura,"

Now that was random.

"I have no plan to be one. I'd rather be a student."
"Oh."
"You should go now, Jaebum,"
"I want to stay with you longer."
"Fine with me," I laid down on my side and closed my eyes. "Stay as long as you want for all I care,"

He stayed silent, but I couldn't fall asleep, which was strange. I fell asleep easily on most nights, but not tonight.

"Jaebum-ah," I said softly.
"Yes?"
"I can't sleep."

He laughed quietly.

"What are you thinking about?"
"Nothing. I don't know why I can't sleep..."
"Do you need me to go? Maybe if I go, you can sleep..."
"Don't,"
"What do you want me to do, then?"

That tone... He was teasing me again...

"I don't know. Keep me company?"
"So you're not letting me go back to our dorm?"
"When I fall asleep..."

He took my left hand in his as I lied down on my back, intertwining our fingers. He squeezed it gently, speaking and singing softly in my ear as he knelt down beside my bed.

"Hold on,"

He answered his phone, which was ringing due to a call from one of s. Which one, I didn't know. He didn't say. By the time he left to go back to their dorm, I was still wide awake. I seriously couldn't fall asleep.

And I feel strange. I feel like something's going to happen.


______________________________________________________________________


Hi!! I updated this after a while... Sorry for the late update, but how was this?? Any comments??