009

Stupid Me

"What are you looking at?" I asked him slowly.
"You," he answered simply. "I never thought about it, but you have pretty eyes,"

My cheeks burned.

"Thank you," I said quietly. He gave me a soft smile and ruffled my hair. "Any luck with your target?" I asked, trying to change the subject.
"None. You?"

I shook my head.

"But I don't mind..." he added. "What's the point of this? They won't notice us anyway. Why bother to continue this game?"
"Well... For one thing, you started it."
"Point."
"And second, I already got used to it,"
"True."

Silence.

He checked his watch before standing up and brushing off his jeans, holding out his hand for me.

"Let's go. It's nearly time for practice."
"I'm coming again?"
"Of course. You're my "girlfriend'."

He flashed me a sweet smile. I let out a quiet laugh and took his hand, flipping my hair over my shoulder once I stood up.

"Let's go! One more day of playing starts now!" I winked at him.
"You're even flirting with me now?" he raised his eyebrows. I smiled innocently. "You want to play it like that, Jung Yura?"
"I never said that," I shrugged.
"But I know perfectly well what's in your mind," he replied. "Flirting to make them jealous? Am I correct?"

I didn't answer and just wrapped my arms around his waist, standing on my tiptoes to whisper something in his ear.

"I'm not flirting. This is the other side of me. The side of me that you like."

I pulled back and patted his cheek.

"Got that?"

He nodded quickly.

"Good," I smiled and laced my fingers through his, pulling him towards their practice studio in the JYP building. When we came in, no one was there yet. "No one's here yet. What do we do?"
"Nothing. Sit. Talk. What else do you want to do?"

I shrugged.

"Sleep."
"No! You can't sleep here!"

My lips formed a pout.

"Cut it out. You're not cute,"
"Eyy..." I made a face at him. He laughed and poked my cheek.
"Stop it,"
"In your dreams,"
"Yah!"

The door suddenly banged open.

"Aww, so cute," a sarcastic voice spoke.
"The hell, Kim Yugyeom," I rolled my eyes.
"Don't mind them, Gyeom," Mark said softly.
"They're sitting right there. How do you expect me to not mind them?"
"Aishh... Just get in there," Jinyoung sighed, pushing the two inside. "And guys, no PDA please,"

Of course not. Only flirting. Flirting doesn't count as PDA, at least... Not to me.


***


"What's the deal with you and Yugyeom?" BamBam cornered me. "Stop fighting."
"We're not fighting. I have no idea what's wrong with him."
"Are you sure you're not making him mad at you?"
"I would never do that,"

The disapproving look on his face made it obvious he wasn't believing a single word that I said.

"Jung Yura. What's wrong with you? Where's the Jung Yura whom I made my fake girlfriend?"
"She's gone," I answered. "Simple as that."

She's gone when I'm with the others. Im Jaebum is an exception to that, though.

He let out a sigh, putting his hands on my shoulders.

"I miss that girl. Where is she? What did you do to her?"
"Love made her go, love will make her come back."
"Aren't you in love with JB?"

I raised my eyebrows.

"You're dating him, right?"

I didn't answer him.

"Yah, Jung Yura,"

Nothing. I shrugged his hands off my shoulders.

"Go to Jungeun, BamBam. You will never find that girl you made your fake girlfriend again. Not unless someone makes me fall in love again. Fall in love with that person more than I loved you,"
"JB then! Fall in love with him! I miss the old Jung Yura!"

He misses her?

Then good luck to him. He's the only one who can make her come back.

"Yura!" Jaebum ran up to us, wrapping his arm around my waist.
"What, Jaebongie?"

Yeah, that's what I call him.

"Why were you ignoring my calls last night?"
"I wasn't ignoring you. My phone was dead,"
"Oh."

Somehow, BamBam slipped away silently from us without either of us noticing.

"What happened with BamBam?"
"He wants the old me back,"

A mischievous smile formed on his face.

"I feel lucky,"
"Why?"
"I'm the only one who still sees that side of you,"

I stared at him.

"Why are you staring?"

I blinked and shook my head.

"Nothing,"
"You missed me, didn't you?"
"Why would I even miss you?"
"I don't know. I missed you,"
"Are you out of your mind?"
"Obviously,"

I chuckled.

"Tell me what happened with the guys, Jaebongie,"
"Nothing. Yugyeom almost lost his temper with me but that was pretty much it."
"Don't you think you should..."
"I should what? Stop playing? Definitely not! I love this game. It's fun,"

I looked up at him.

"I like this game," he repeated, in a softer tone. "I like playing with you,"

I was silent. He looked around and in a second, he already had me against the wall, my back leaning on it.

"The hell, Im Jaebum, what are you doing?" I asked, surprised, my voice low.
"Keep quiet," he murmured. "Gyeom's there."
"What exactly are you planning?"

He didn't answer. Instead, he pressed his forehead against mine, his hands on the wall on either side of my face. Our faces were really close together.

"Can I....?"

I didn't say anything.

"I'll take that as a yes," he spoke softly before connecting our lips together, kissing me gently. Believe it or not, I didn't try to push him away. I didn't keep my eyes open. I had closed them, unlike what I did when with BamBam, when he kissed me.

His hands slowly came to hold my waist, pulling me closer. He tilted his head slightly, deepening the kiss. I had no idea what was happening. I just let him lead it. He gently bit on my bottom lip. I kept my mouth closed. He bit it again, harder this time, but still gentle. I didn't do a single thing.

He pulled away for a second.

"Open your mouth. Let's make this kiss worth it even though he's not your target," he murmured in my ear.

He kissed me again. This time, I opened my mouth, just a little bit. His tongue went in my mouth, touching mine, and I let out a gasp of surprise, breaking it for a split second. He let out a low growl.

"Stop breaking it. I'm not looking but I know he's watching."

I looked around. For a moment, I saw him. So he really was there, glaring at us. I could tell he was mad, even though it was far away. I looked back at Jaebum and smirked, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"You're really good at this."
"Of course. I'm an actor, and you're already good enough to pass as an actress. I applaud you."
"You're not ending this game here, are you?"
"Nope,"

 


___________________________________________________________________


Hi!! I didn't know what to write, so this is what happened. How was it, though?? Any comments?? (Still any change of ship? Is it really Yura and JB now?)