003

Stupid Me

"Gyeom..." I tried to pull away.

"No." he didn't let go. "Don't pull away. You'll just get even more hurt, YuRa."

 

But I did. I pulled away.

 

I just wished I hadn't now that I did.

 

"YuRa..." YuGyeom said slowly, putting his hand on my shoulder. I bit my lip.

 

Nothing hurts worse than seeing the guy you love kneeling in front of a girl, holding her hand. I knew he wasn't proposing. We were way too young for that. But still... It hurts.

 

"What the hell is he doing?" I asked quietly.

"I... I don't know..." YuGyeom told me, stuttering a bit.

"Aish...."

 

He watched me carefully.

 

"You okay, YuRa?"

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

 

My voice was rising with every word. I would have said more if I just hadn't bit my lip to stop myself from cursing.

 

Yes, cursing.

 

"Jung YuRa..." he placed his hands on my shoulders.

 

I bit my lip.

 

"Come here...." he pulled me in his embrace.

 

I placed my head on his shoulder.

 

"Just cry already." he said. "Don't keep it in."

 

My lips formed a slight smile.

 

"I'm not going to cry, Gyeom."

"As if."

"Yah..." I said quietly.

"I know you, YuRa. I already saw the tears forming."

 

I was silent...

 

Then a few minutes later, tears were slowly streaming down my cheeks. He gently patted my back.

 

"Just stop it, YuRa. Stop pretending to be his girlfriend."

"But..."

"I don't want to see you like this. He knows you like him, but he's doing this. Just stop pretending you're fine when you see him do things like this to JungEun when you're really hurting inside."

"Gyeom, I-"

"Admit it. You want him to love you, not her."

"Yes, I do." I admitted.

 

After all, it was no use to keep secrets from YuGyeom. He knew when I was lying and when I was telling the truth. 

 

"But you do know that he doesn't love you back, right?"

"Of course I know that."

"And yet you're still hoping? How can you still hope that you'll have a happy ending with him?"

 

His rising tone surprised me.

 

I pulled back.

 

"I'm not wishing for a happy ending, Gyeom. I want to love me like he loves her. I don't care if it's real or not."

"That's pathetic." he scoffed.

 

I wiped my tears away with the back of my hand.

 

"I'm sorry to say this, YuRa, but knowing BamBam hyung, he'll never give up on Noh JungEun. He won't care about your feelings."

"Why are you talking about him like this? He's your best friend, isn't he?"

"He is. But he's a jerk for hurting you. I care about you more than him."

 

I was silent. I didn't know what to say anymore.

 

"Give me one reason why you fell in love with him, YuRa. Give me a valid reason."

"He's... He's perfect."

"Perfect? Him? Don't make me laugh, YuRa! BamBam isn't perfect and you know it! A perfect guy would know when a girl is hurting and would do everything to make her smile! Isn't that what you said your definition of a perfect guy was?"

 

I bit my lip.

 

"Things change, Gyeom. Nothing can stay exactly the way it was before."

 

 

***

 

 

"What happened with you and YuGyeom, YuRa?" JiMin asked me.

"Nothing." I replied.

"Did you two fight?"

 

Did we?

 

"Sort of..."

"Seriously?!"

 

It amused me a little to see their reactions.

 

"How come?" YeRin asked.

"What happened?" JiMin added.

 

I let out a sigh.

 

"It's... It's complicated."

"This is so not good, YuRa." JiMin said. "You and YuGyeom never fought before! Why fight now?"

 

I lowered my head.

 

"YuRa." JiMin said my name. "What happened?"

"Nothing. Just a stupid argument."

"You can't call a fight with your best friend stupid." YeRin told me gently.

"It was just a little thing! He didn't have to get so worked up over it!"

"Can't you just tell us what happened? From the beginning to the end?"

 

I shook my head.

 

"We could help you, you know."

 

I shook my head again.

 

"There are really some things that are only for me and YuGyeom."

 

They didn't say anything.

 

"You guys aren't dating, are you?" JiMin gasped.

"What? No!"

 

I was really surprised. How could they think me and Gyeom are dating?

 

"He's not even close to my ideal type!"

"And who exactly is your ideal type?" YeRin asked, her eyebrows raised.

"Umm... INFINITE's SungYeol."

"SungYeol sunbaenim is a bit like YuGyeom. With the height and the voice and all that..."

 

I sighed.

 

"Tell us the truth, YuRa. We're your friends. Are you and YuGyeom dating?"

"No."

 

I wouldn't date my best friend.

 

No. Just. No.

 

"Is this because he's your best friend?" YeRin asked.

"Yes. I wouldn't date my best friend. Definitely not." I answered.

"Why not?"

"I think it would be weird since we're friends."

 

I breathed deeply and looked up at them.

 

"Should I just apologize to him?"

"Is it your fault? As to why you guys argued?"

"Sort of...."

"Then you should."

 

But what if he doesn't forgive me.

 

"Impossible. You guys are best friends, of course he will."


So I just said that out loud.

 

"Don't worry, YuRa. Trust us. He's your best friend. He can't stay mad at you for long." YeRin told me.

"Good luck!" JiMin smiled at me.

"Do I... Do I apologize now?"

"Yup! Now go!"

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________


Hi!! Sorry for the really late update!! This chapter was also a bit strange and short so sorry for that!! What do you think of it, though? Any comments?? XD